First Page 2 3 4 5
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-07-18 11:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:

kikoku turned into the best offhand, etc etc.

no it's not, it got nerfed. kikoku is next to useless now.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-07-18 11:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Tweeek said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:

??
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-07-18 11:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Neosutra said:
and a good Pld should have both.
Lakshmi.Konvict said:
And finally a good pld has both Aegis and Ochain

Not that I disagree on the value of Ochain or Aegis, but I think you're overvaluing "good". An Ideal pld should have both. A GREAT pld should have both.
A paladin with only aegis (or only ochain) wouldn't qualify as good?

/semantics
[+]
 Phoenix.Neosutra
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-07-18 11:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said:
Phoenix.Neosutra said:
and a good Pld should have both.
Lakshmi.Konvict said:
And finally a good pld has both Aegis and Ochain

Not that I disagree on the value of Ochain or Aegis, but I think you're overvaluing "good". An Ideal pld should have both. A GREAT pld should have both.
A paladin with only aegis (or only ochain) wouldn't qualify as good?

/semantics

Good is a matter of perspective.

I think our version of "good" players are a bit different.

However I will concede: An "ideal" Pld would have both. A good pld should have at least one of them, and be working on the other.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-18 11:47:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Carbuncle.Tweeek said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:

??
No attack bonus, no add. effect, and no hidden effect. Also has a fairly high delay compared to most available options.
 Phoenix.Vael
user: Vale
By Phoenix.Vael 2011-07-18 12:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Neosutra said:
If you think you'll be playing that long. Or that the game will still be going strong then.

Don't say that ; ;
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-07-18 13:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Empys will hurt a LITTLE bit with a new WS, but lets face it.. With all the WSs made throughout the years, they don't compare really (in some weapons cases) to the Relic WS or the Empy WSs. Not to mention the double light/darkness ability of the Empy and Relic WS. So those WSs will definitely still have their uses at 99
 Phoenix.Neosutra
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-07-18 14:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be surprised if we don't get "ultimate" or at least "decent" WSs on the way to 99.

If they beat empyrean WSs, then Empyreans start losing out pretty heavily. Even relics would begin to deteriorate a bit (the ones that have useful aftermath/Ws properties like Amano/Yoichi/etc).

Empyreans will still be easy to get weapons that offer strong performance over AH/NM dropped alternatives.

Any person that plays a job often should acquire an empyrean for that job. If they're serious and have the funds, they should work towards a relic/mythic for that job.

As the game stands now, if you don't have an empyrean for a specific DD job, then I'm not sure why you're coming that job to an event.
[+]
 Cerberus.Hiryo
Server: Cerberus
user: Hiryo
By Cerberus.Hiryo 2011-07-18 15:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I play WAR ALOT, but I dont see the point in getting Bravura unless it gets majorly overhauled D:
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-07-18 15:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

That seems to be the trend that SE is aiming for Sutra. Jobs are no longer defined by just having them leveled, but by having specific gear. In the case of melees, an Empyrean.
 Cerberus.Hiryo
By Cerberus.Hiryo 2011-07-18 15:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

If they making them so easy to get, i wonder if they'll release something more powerful and much harder to get as like a ultimate kinda weapon, otherwise, everyone is gonna have an emp lol
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-07-18 15:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Most everyone does as it is.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-07-18 15:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Hiryo said:
If they making them so easy to get, i wonder if they'll release something more powerful and much harder to get as like a ultimate kinda weapon, otherwise, everyone is gonna have an emp lol

I think they'll continue to slightly bump relic and mythic although that is complete speculation. They did nerf dynamis so the "ZOMG DIS IMPOZZABLE TO GETZ" arguement is no longer as relevant (for the 5 relic users who didn't quit a month after getting it).
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-07-18 15:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
As the game stands now, if you don't have an empyrean for a specific DD job, then I'm not sure why you're coming that job to an event.
but that's so elitist bro!
By volkom 2011-07-18 15:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

there needs to be a greatsword mythic weapon
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-07-18 15:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I realize you're being facetious, but its an actual argument regardless. The fact of the matter is that it really isn't very elitist. When considering the amount of effort that I had to put into my WAR back when sky was the big thing, my Ukon didn't take even as much effort to down Kirin. If you calibrate it against past efforts to improve your respective jobs, its not that far of a stretch. Getting a Haidate probably took me an equivocal amount of time to get Ukon.

Sure, back then you weren't defined by having a Haidate, or an Osode, you were defined by having that job at 75... but leveling these days means nothing, and because of that, we are defined more by the jobs we focus most our efforts into.
[+]
 Cerberus.Hiryo
By Cerberus.Hiryo 2011-07-18 16:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

This^ Ukon 90 in 2~ Weeks, Kitty pants in like 6+ months lol
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-07-18 16:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Neosutra said:
If they're serious and have the funds, they should work towards a relic/mythic for that job.

Uh not every relic is useful for every job, not every mythic is useful for every job.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-07-18 16:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

And? I don't see your point.
 Bismarck.Aerison
user: Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2011-07-18 16:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

lol nice ninja edit there draylo
 Bismarck.Hsieh
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2011-07-18 16:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I like my apoc for the aftermath and additional effect. I don't care much about DoT compared to Torcleaver.

And I prefer to walk around with a big gold scythe. That's bling yo.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-07-18 17:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

building a mythic takes insane amounts of time/effort.. you mean to tell me the rdm sword mythic (think it was called margulise) is worth that just for a lame convert bonus? you gtfo draylo..you gtfo right now lol
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-08-15 14:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends what you consider worth it, it was for the 6 people who made one apparently. It's lackluster compared to other Mythics possibly (quite a few are lackluster really pre updates) but if you really like Rdm there's nothing wrong with working on one.
[+]
 Siren.Barber
Server: Siren
user: Barber
By Siren.Barber 2011-08-15 14:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking forward I think a lot of the balance may come from the length of the magian trials.

As it stands now the emp trials are increasing. However, once you have a 75 relic the remaining trials to 90 are quite small compared to the original "Raise 200M" trial.

Likewise killing tyger a few times is nothing compared to the chore of rounding up alex/amps/etc.

It seems like the obvious next step for relic upgrades is "Kill dynamis Lord 5x with weapon equipped". The next for mythic could be "Kill PW 3x with this equipped" (or maybe they will save that for 99).

But the next trials for emps may very well be "Bring me 100 Phantom Worm Segments" with those being a 50% drop in WOE end caskets or 50% drop off a voidwatch worm.

By 99 a full blown emp could take as much time as a relic. That would do as much to balance them on a time/effort level as changing the weapon's themselves.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-08-15 14:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Barber said:
Looking forward I think a lot of the balance may come from the length of the magian trials.

As it stands now the emp trials are increasing. However, once you have a 75 relic the remaining trials to 90 are quite small compared to the original "Raise 200M" trial.

Likewise killing tyger a few times is nothing compared to the chore of rounding up alex/amps/etc.

It seems like the obvious next step for relic upgrades is "Kill dynamis Lord 5x with weapon equipped". The next for mythic could be "Kill PW 3x with this equipped" (or maybe they will save that for 99).

But the next trials for emps may very well be "Bring me 100 Phantom Worm Segments" with those being a 50% drop in WOE end caskets or 50% drop off a voidwatch worm.

By 99 a full blown emp could take as much time as a relic. That would do as much to balance them on a time/effort level as changing the weapon's themselves.

That could be. Sort of... one has the most difficult part at the beginning, the other at the end? The relic trials were quiet a big harder initially, but iirc still very very easy compared to stage 4 or 5 of a relic.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.