Empyrean Vs. Relic

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » empyrean vs. relic
empyrean vs. relic
First Page 2 3 4 5
By Tebernok66 2011-07-16 17:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any relic weapon for any job that is better than that jobs applicable empyrean? Like kikoku vs. Kannagi for example.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-07-16 17:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Mjollnir
[+]
 Shiva.Msthief
Server: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-07-16 17:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe the only sure-fire one is the dagger, mandau > twash.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Matix
Server: Ragnarok
user: Matix
By Ragnarok.Matix 2011-07-17 01:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

if staying alive(and avoiding hate) while dealing damage is a factor (like VWNM) yoichi has performed excellently, using gandiva will pretty much get you dead, and if your not careful, possibly mpk your alliance(depending what nm youre doing)

that said, anytime that sort of strategy matters, yoichi may be a viable option sometimes for niche events(possibly 90-99 events)
[+]
 Phoenix.Uzugami
Server: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-07-17 02:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure 90 amano can keep up with 85 Masamune (Big numbers doesn't automatically make it better!) in hands of a good samurai, and more-so in content where your accuracy isn't auto-capped.
[+]
By volkom 2011-07-17 02:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Pretty sure 90 amano can keep up with 85 Masamune (Big numbers doesn't automatically make it better!) in hands of a good samurai, and more-so in content where your accuracy isn't auto-capped.

ODD
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-07-17 02:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

i possess both in their respective ninety stages, and i much prefer my amano as it stands currently, since outside you're not rolling razed ruins and capped dDEX, so your white damage (normal attacks) ratio falls steadily behind your weapon skill ratio (see: occasionally deals double damage isn't as beneficial as it normally is thought out to be), even more-so with a five-hit, which as of store tp v, it's pretty much safe to say it's the way to go when compared to a six-hit now

that, and the accuracy actually has become rather potent, thanks to vwnm being evasive as heck

i'd post a better ss, but this is the most recent and my face is kinda all like yawn and stuff atm

in short, the two relics that rival their empyrean counterparts currently are certainly great katana and dagger, though, i've heard that ragnarok is in fact comparable to caladbolg now too nearly

i suppose you can throw guttler in there too for good measure, since farsha is kind of derp, BUT Y'KNOW
[+]
By Artemicion 2011-07-17 02:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

What font is that you have for your PC/NPC names?

Also I know VS makes Empyerean H2H trump Spharai in overall damage, but does relic measure up okay with reasonable damage and counter function?
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-07-17 02:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

right hur (v1.08)
 Odin.Upbeat
Server: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-07-17 02:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm happy with my anni over gandiva/harrier +2 outside of abyssea on things like DI, and what not when you really don't want to pull hate. Harrier +2/Gandiva deal way more damage easily though, aside from the 1 in 1,000 uber barrage anni puts out. Inside abyssea I don't really use anni much at all, Jishnu's is just too good.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-07-17 02:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Msthief said:
I believe the only sure-fire one is the dagger, mandau > twash.
I'm pretty sure mandau only wins by a tiny margin if you ignore aftermaths. Twash pulls way ahead due to ODD.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-07-17 02:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

VWNM aren't "evasive as heck", they aren't that bad.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-07-17 02:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

enjoy eating your sushi as i use my red curry, sir hochomasamune ninja
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-17 02:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

All about them mithkabobs.
By Artemicion 2011-07-17 02:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I was about to say, relic accuracy boosts give a lot of freedom in either (previously) haste based gear builds that were a lot more limited in the past, in food, and (can't say for sure since I haven't bothered with Abyssea yet) possibly atma choices as well.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-07-17 02:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

the relic accuracy is irrelevant sadly inside abyssea bar for literally a handful of targets, which even then you'd be floating around ~70% at minimum on those said handful-worth of targets anywho with any empyrean basically, and that's acceptable basically seeing how you'll still destroy your target(s) without even breaking a sweat
[+]
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-07-17 02:25:52
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said:
Phoenix.Uzugami said:

ODD

ODD doesn't automatically mean it's better. While they have a higher proc rate than relics, inside abyssea Fudo is *basicly* the same as Kaiten. I can't speak for outside abyssea since I don't use sam for jack ***anymore.

Edit: stupid thing submitted too soon wtf. D: Since new content mobs have decent evasion and our stats aren't auto-capped anymore; Accuracy from Amanomurakumo kinda outweights the ODD from Masamune when said Masamune has to use accuracy food to keep a decent hit rate% (below capped acc isn't decent!)
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-07-17 02:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

90 kaiten > 90 fudo imo, but only by just barely (~25-75 more damage)

when 95 rolls around, i'm sure we can all agree that it'll be a different story altogether >:33333333333333333333333333333333333
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-07-17 02:28:21
Link | Quote | Reply

So about relics...is there a secret to getting the base 1dmg relic weapons to drop?
Full time in Dyna Jueno only to see a crappy staff to drop at the last minute.
By volkom 2011-07-17 02:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Uzugami said:
volkom said:
Phoenix.Uzugami said:

ODD

ODD doesn't automatically mean it's better. While they have a higher proc rate than relics, inside abyssea Fudo is *basicly* the same as Kaiten. I can't speak for outside abyssea since I don't use sam for jack ***anymore.

well regardless of what relic to empy comparison you make, i'm pretty sure the ODD aftermath trumps nearly everything except probably Ragnarök. As for weaponskill damage I havn't seen many relic users do anything but say "hey i got a relic, now watch me while i afk"

Does anyone have a few screenshots of Lv.90 relic ws numbers?
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-07-17 02:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said:
So about relics...is there a secret to getting the base 1dmg relic weapons to drop?

ask them politely before decapitating them
[+]
By Artemicion 2011-07-17 02:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember when relics were the only major weapon option around how they opened many doors and altered TP builds significantly. But the biggest one was pretty much letting you full time meat all the time.

Anyways, I'll try and stop being a nostalgic, bitter, "I remember when" old man...

[+]
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-07-17 02:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said:

well regardless of what relic to empy comparison you make, i'm pretty sure the ODD aftermath trumps nearly everything except probably Ragnarök. As for weaponskill damage I havn't seen many relic users do anything but say "hey i got a relic, now watch me while i afk"

Does anyone have a few screenshots of Lv.90 relic ws numbers?

Depends on relic. You can't say that for all weapons/jobs, since most jobs (2handers) have a set x-hit build for their weapons. It'd vary from job to job.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-07-17 02:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
Asura.Ludoggy said:

Will do.
 Odin.Upbeat
Server: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-07-17 02:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Would there be any point to upgrading yoichi for RNG if I already have Anni, Gandiva, and Armageddon? NIN and RNG are my main jobs and I really don't want to mess with leveling another job mostly due to inv space so it's either lolkikoku for town gear or Yoichi. Would there be any situation where I would want to use yoichi over anni/gandiva.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-07-17 02:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

enjoy eating your sushi as i use my red curry, sir hochomasamune ninja

Aw is that the best you got? I have 4 empys, Ninja is a red proc tool and nothing more. I don't eat sushi, I was on BLU and able to hit them just fine with red curry bun, suck less.
 Shiva.Msthief
Server: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-07-17 02:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said:
Asura.Ludoggy said:

Will do.

Jeuno is just a tough zone, it's small to begin with so then they chopped it in half it's now hard to get a serious roll going. Regardless of how big your group is though, if you're getting 200-300 currency in a run I'd really be surprised you're not seeing it.

As with all things in this game though, if you're there specifically for that item then of course it won't drop.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-07-17 02:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Upbeat said:
Would there be any point to upgrading yoichi for RNG if I already have Anni, Gandiva, and Armageddon? NIN and RNG are my main jobs and I really don't want to mess with leveling another job mostly due to inv space so it's either lolkikoku for town gear or Yoichi. Would there be any situation where I would want to use yoichi over anni/gandiva.

SAM after hasso update with quint spear!? Thats all I think about when I see Yoichs
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-07-17 02:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Upbeat, why upgrade another weapon? I mean really, if you have kannagi, and armageddon AND gandiva AND Annihilator... why not just stop? Why use your time/others time to farm another relic when you really don't need it for those 2 jobs?
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5