How To Make Ffxi Look HD

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » How to make ffxi look HD
How to make ffxi look HD
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By Tiipapa08 2012-04-20 09:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that puts me at full screen which is what I'm trying to avoid, mainly because I run two accounts at once.
By Rufio 2012-05-11 17:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

First time playing on PC and after downloading windower my launcher gui window is kinda messed up with text and drop downs overlapping.

Anyway after I got my resolutions typed in and looged in the graphics were horribly pixelated.

Overlay was - 1920x1080
BG - 3840x2160

menu windows were fine but my toon and enviroment was so badly pixelated.

I didnt edit anythingin the ffxi config menu b/c it didnt allow me to enter my own numbers apart from the drop downs there.

Do i need to set a resolution in the regular ffxi config too or do you only need to edit the resolutions in the windower launch gui?
 Quetzalcoatl.Darthjohnboy
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: johnno25
By Quetzalcoatl.Darthjohnboy 2012-05-11 17:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

if you're running a 64 bit OS did you check the X64 box? it will look atrocious if you do not
By Rufio 2012-05-11 18:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I did check the x64 box when I saved the profile, but when I go back into the launcher gui and select the profile I saved from the drop down it saved everything except me checking the x64 box.
 Bahamut.Ayasha
Server: Bahamut
user: Ayasha
By Bahamut.Ayasha 2012-05-11 18:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're launching the program from the GUI, you have to click the x64 button every time you load the program. The best way to 'fix' that problem is to get all your settings set up for how you want it, then click "Desktop Icon" in the upper right hand side of the Windower GUI. Then you can just double-click the new icon instead of having to re-do all your settings each time you play. This is a bug I've had with the program for as long as I can remember.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-05-11 19:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopefully in the next windower update version they will have that problem solved, possibly even automatically check to see which version of windows you're using and adjust the settings that way after seeing them.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [42 days between previous and next post]
By Jaylee19 2012-06-22 16:06:22
Link | Quote | Reply

When I downloaded windower and tried to open gui it says invalid language, or ffxi isn't installed.. its clearly installed so why does it say that?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-06-22 16:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

What OS are you using and what windower installation did you download?
 Ragnarok.Rephlex
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rephlex
By Ragnarok.Rephlex 2012-06-24 06:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Rufio said: »
First time playing on PC and after downloading windower my launcher gui window is kinda messed up with text and drop downs overlapping.

Anyway after I got my resolutions typed in and looged in the graphics were horribly pixelated.

Overlay was - 1920x1080
BG - 3840x2160

menu windows were fine but my toon and enviroment was so badly pixelated.

I didnt edit anythingin the ffxi config menu b/c it didnt allow me to enter my own numbers apart from the drop downs there.

Do i need to set a resolution in the regular ffxi config too or do you only need to edit the resolutions in the windower launch gui?

If you look at the Windower .ini file for the gui profile you created, you'll see that the registry settings are commented out. When I saw that I just went into the registry and did it by hand, thinking it wasnt actually doing what I asked it to.

Check the FFXI Wiki for the graphics guide and just enter in the values by hand using regedit.

Protip: You can select "Decimal" for the values and they will still work in regedit.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [263 days between previous and next post]
By sprinkles84 2013-03-14 07:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I was going to ask something silly.. then figured it