Games You Regret Ever Playing..

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Games you regret ever playing..
Games you regret ever playing..
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 19 20 21
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-05-01 13:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

oh snap-
with all this FF talk (and knowing its rep over these forums), it's quite surprising that only one person has mentioned XII
 Fairy.Muteki
Server: Fairy
user: NinjaBob
By Fairy.Muteki 2010-05-01 13:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-05-01 13:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
oh snap-
with all this FF talk (and knowing its rep over these forums), it's quite surprising that none has mentioned XII

They have, it's just lost somewhere in all the FFVII-IX bashing <.<

And LOL @ WoW
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-05-01 13:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
oh snap- with all this FF talk (and knowing its rep over these forums), it's quite surprising that none has mentioned XII
They have, it's just lost somewhere in all the FFVII-IX bashing <.< And LOL @ WoW
yeah, that's why i edited it
it was really a small complaint about one char, though, instead of the massive VII-IX bashing
and yes, lawl @ WoW, I don't know why people think that it's zomgwthbbq
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-05-01 13:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah *** that game... I loved all the Legacy of Kain games, except this one..
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2010-05-01 13:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu said:
Leviathan.Phenomena said:

woot figured it out

Games you regret playing.... and you posted this.... i didnt even go throught the rest of the forum... anyone that hated this genre changing epic needs their eyes spooned out.. sorry but 7 was the nuts. (unless you only played it recently)

haha. was mainly a joke at the fact that i really didnt like the plot. i mean it was too wierd for me, i liked the gameplay and the free range ***. and all the hard bosses you could fight after. but the story "telling" was pretty ***.. thats all.
By Zekko 2010-05-01 13:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I liked FFVII partly because it was the first RPG type game i enjoyed, i think i remember playing it when i was about 5, ***was so hard at that age. A lot of fanboys say its the best FF whilst the anti-fanboys say it was overrated. You cant win :p
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-05-01 13:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

FFVII was lame. Most fan boys like it because that was their first FF game to play. I too regret playing that, and would rather play FF1 anyday over it.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-05-01 14:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

oh you suck that was the BEST one of the 4 lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-01 14:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy crap, those mushrooms are phallic.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-05-01 14:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:

oh you suck that was the BEST one of the 4 lol
You trippin' <.<
 Siren.Eagleeyes
Server: Siren
user: eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-05-01 14:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Ahligieri said:

OH HELLLLLLLLLLLLL NO
 Phoenix.Komugichan
By Phoenix.Komugichan 2010-05-01 14:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oddin said:
Sorry for the multiple posts, I keep finding new games I hate...

This one because it's a fraud! Legend of Legaia was a bad *** game. No idea why this *tries* to carry on the name... They should of just changed the damn main characters look (which in itself is stupid when both games have nothing to do with the same world let alone the same characters...) and renamed the title and it would of been an okay game.

Not only that but I thought the ending to the game was a big kick in the balls. I wish they had not had voices dubbing was sooooooooooo bad. I often replay it but never beat if for that reason. Though I will admit the ability system was pretty sweet.
[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-05-01 15:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Ahligieri said:

I think I played that game for an hour before I returned it.
 Bismarck.Dricent
Server: Bismarck
user: Dricent
By Bismarck.Dricent 2010-05-01 17:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Ihm said:

God... The game starts good... for the first 5 minutes... then spirals down hill rapidly.

hmmm... for a game thats for 12+ you would think they wouldnt make the main character on the boss look like that >_>;
 Cerberus.Ferth
Server: Cerberus
user: Ferth
By Cerberus.Ferth 2010-05-01 18:46:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It's mediocre, its their first game so they are biased, it was the first final fantasy on the psx. none of these explain or give proof to its mediocrity.

If you don't like the game thats fine, but if you can't give reasons for what makes it a bad game stop trying to stereotype the people who like it.

final fantasy 7 isn't my favorite game of all time, but it was a game I enjoyed immensely. Not because it was my first final fantasy (ff3/6 on snes was) and not for any other reason than I played it and I liked it.

You don't need to rationalize its popularity and you don't need to insult the people who like it just because you didn't.

Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-01 18:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Ferth said:
It's mediocre, its their first game so they are biased, it was the first final fantasy on the psx. none of these explain or give proof to its mediocrity.

If you don't like the game thats fine, but if you can't give reasons for what makes it a bad game stop trying to stereotype the people who like it.

final fantasy 7 isn't my favorite game of all time, but it was a game I enjoyed immensely. Not because it was my first final fantasy (ff3/6 on snes was) and not for any other reason than I played it and I liked it.

You don't need to rationalize its popularity and you don't need to insult the people who like it just because you didn't.

I've given my reasons for my belief of its mediocrity as a final fantasy.

Good game, mediocre final fantasy.
 Remora.Brain
Server: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2010-05-01 19:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

People hate on 7 because it's the "cool thing to do". When a massive amount of people love something, some people just think it's cool and edgy to bash it. Even if they look like total douchebags doing it without a single real reason.

Some of the reasons 7 is popular:

-Changed RPG settings by being more futuristic and kinda bleak, while most rpgs before it were medieval dungeon crawls with castles, knights, sword/shield/arrows, etc. Before FF7 you didn't see lots of cars, neon lights, skyscrapers, choppers, etc. in these types of games.

-Aerith dies. Usually in a FF game if someone's going to die it's usually the tough guy of the group or an older guy who's lived a long life and ready to go out with a bang, not a young woman who doesn't really see it coming the way it did. It was a total shock and went a completely different direction than the usual for FF.

-The story evolved greatly. It started off as a group of heroes, who were *** terrorists that kill thousands of innocent people no less, fighting against an evil corporation that now controls the entire world. That itself would normally be the entire game, but by the end of the first disc, a new threat arises that effortlessly kills the big badguy so far and gradually works towards destroying the entire planet and everything on it.

-I can't really think of many villains that were physically strong and brutal enough to impale a giant monster on a *** tree and leave it as a sign to follow him. That was probably when people realized that Sephiroth wasn't a traditional villain who may kill some people or turn some people to stone. His murders are usually brutal and would invoke primal senses of fear.

-By now, the superpowered, cold, calm, and calculating, silent, fallen hero turned villain is a cliche. Sephiroth however isn't a cliche since he practically invented the whole archetype.

I'm sure there are tons of other reasons I could touch on, but I don't want it to become too wall of text-y
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-05-01 19:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:

/em puts a gun to his head.
That game truly is horrible.
But there is a 12 step program to get over the fail and move on with your life.
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-05-01 19:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Ferth said:
you don't need to insult the people who like it just because you didn't.

Of course he does, he just does it for the lulz/trolling.

FF7 wasn't bad for it's time, I think it gets a lot of hate from people who dislike the FF7 fanboys who can't seem to get over it and idolize Cloud or Sephy as gods.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-01 19:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The fanboys are a big reason behind why I look at the game in such a critical light, every final fantasy game has its flaws, and VII had some awful ones.
 Carbuncle.Axle
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-05-01 19:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

VII was crap for me because i had played VI previously. The horrible graphics for a psx game turned me off of it. Rather have 16 bit and clear than, psx and blocky.

I have absolutely no drive to find my copy of it and play it.
 Hades.Hatekhaos
Server: Hades
user: hatekhaos
By Hades.Hatekhaos 2010-05-01 19:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-01 20:00:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Hatekhaos said:
Retardedly huge picture

ICWATUDIDTHAR
 Phoenix.Ailoki
user: Xenophire
By Phoenix.Ailoki 2010-05-01 20:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:

/em puts a gun to his head.

AUGH. 2 years. 136 Bishop. Khaini.

Nexon sucks...
 Cerberus.Ferth
Server: Cerberus
user: Ferth
By Cerberus.Ferth 2010-05-01 20:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Axle said:
VII was crap for me because i had played VI previously. The horrible graphics for a psx game turned me off of it. Rather have 16 bit and clear than, psx and blocky.

The character graphics were indeed awful. The backgrounds, though, were actually quite good.

As for the graphics in final fantasy 6... I wouldn't exactly call them stellar... A lot of times the monsters were really hard to make out. But then it didn't detract from the game at all either.

But then graphics are hardly something I judge a game by.

Though I do agree that good 2d art beats bad 3d art any day of the week, that was one of the things I complained about most in games like wild arms, or suikoden 3.
 Carbuncle.Axle
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-05-01 20:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Ferth said:
Carbuncle.Axle said:

The character graphics were indeed awful. The backgrounds, though, were actually quite good.

As for the graphics in final fantasy 6... I wouldn't exactly call them stellar... A lot of times the monsters were really hard to make out. But then it didn't detract from the game at all either.

But then graphics are hardly something I judge a game by.

Though I do agree that good 2d art beats bad 3d art any day of the week, that was one of the things I complained about most in games like wild arms, or suikoden 3.

Just wasn't a good experience for me overall. The copy i own of the game is my 2nd copy. When i realized the first time through i had to do some chocobo crap to get past the worm i was annoy'ed. Lost interest and chucked it. 2nd copy i played almost till the last city before i stopped.

(2nd copy i bought i ran past the sandworm thing w/o chocobo)
 Remora.Brain
Server: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2010-05-01 20:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If your complaint about an RPG game from the PS era is about graphics, you've lost your right to complain about the game.

Graphics mean diddly *** for an RPG. If it's a good RPG, you would enjoy it even if it were nothing but text and this imajenayshun thing old people speak of.
 Unicorn.Brock
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Brock 2010-05-01 20:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 19 20 21