FFXI LGBT Community, Who Are You?

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » FFXI LGBT Community, who are you?
FFXI LGBT Community, who are you?
First Page 2 3 ... 783 784 785 ... 1505 1506 1507
 Sylph.Anuu
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Anuu
By Sylph.Anuu 2011-02-07 17:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Ratie said:

um has anyone ever done the whole in game bf kinda thing. I guess you could say its what im doing but we text and stuff but live states apart. If anyone has stories please share.

... bad things... ._.
 Alexander.Carrelo
Server: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2011-02-07 17:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

lmao wrong person quoted twice in a row. XD !
 Phoenix.Oumura
Server: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2011-02-07 17:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sergee said:
The new Shadow Lord, fear me..! ♥

You threw bats at me when I was on my chocobo and spooked it. ;~;

Bismarck.Reyke said:
Also um has anyone ever done the whole in game bf kinda thing.
Actually, Destrac and I met on here originally, then I ended up changing servers to start somewhere new and we started hanging out together on XI. We kinda hit it off from there. He came up here to visit me, then I went down to visit him, lol. Ended up moving in with him last July and we've been here since. XD

Tbh I used to think the whole internet dating thing was for suckers (I'd be lying if I said otherwise) but my opinion on that has obviously changed since then. ;3 Its fairly common nowadays anyway. The way I see it (as I'm sure many others do) you don't feel so limited in terms of find someone out there. At home (up north) there wasn't much of a gay community and it just felt too restricting.
 Fenrir.Snick
Server: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2011-02-07 18:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I've met a few friends via games that I have met in person, and a few more I'd like to if I had the money. Not any boyfriends, but whatever.

It's not something I'd recommend, as I also have had a few falling outs with such friends, that could have been avoided had we just stayed online friends.

My boyfriend "dated" a guy he met online who doesn't live in the country. They had plans for him to fly here I think, but never panned out. From what I gather, neither of them were that dedicated to making the whole "meet in person" thing work. Without that, dating online/in game doesn't really work.
 Sylph.Anuu
By Sylph.Anuu 2011-02-07 18:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Carrelo said:
lmao wrong person quoted twice in a row. XD !
:O who should have been quoted?
 Phoenix.Oumura
Server: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2011-02-07 18:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I definitely wouldn't recommend it if you have no intention of meeting each other outside of whatever game you may be playing. It makes it that much harder to take the relationship seriously. For me it was more of a, "I want to see if this will really go somewhere" kind of situation, and lucky for me things panned out. In my eyes it was a huge risk to take but well worth it.

Its just something to taking into account/consider if you plan on going into an online relationship.
 Gilgamesh.Hanbok
Server: Gilgamesh
user: hanbok
By Gilgamesh.Hanbok 2011-02-07 18:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Ratie said:
Quoted the wrong person!
XD
D:!! lol sorry xD

but yeah iunno i think the chances of meeting someone nice/not stalkerific online are just bout the same as online, just one is less likely to be right outside your window breathing heavily cutting themselves with your toenail clippings they collected whenever you went to sleep.... o,o

just IMO :D!!!
 Alexander.Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2011-02-07 19:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Reyke said:

Also um has anyone ever done the whole in game bf kinda thing. I guess you could say its what im doing but we text and stuff but live states apart. If anyone has stories please share.

Sylph.Anuu said:
Lakshmi.Ratie said:

um has anyone ever done the whole in game bf kinda thing. I guess you could say its what im doing but we text and stuff but live states apart. If anyone has stories please share.
 Sylph.Tussilo
user: Tussilo
By Sylph.Tussilo 2011-02-07 20:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Ratie said:

Also um has anyone ever done the whole in game bf kinda thing. I guess you could say its what im doing but we text and stuff but live states apart. If anyone has stories please share.

I've been with the same guy since 2007. We met playing Ballista in FFXI. We "dated" in game for about 6 - 8 months, and then met in person (he came here in '08). We've met numerous times since then, and we actually recently got engaged; we're hoping to finally put an end to the distance thing...)

I have to say that it's been one of the best decisions of my life. I can truly say that I love him, and that I regret nothing. However, as Oumura pointed out, don't bother going through with anything unless both of you are serious; if you aren't, then someone just ends up getting hurt.

Sylph.Anuu
By Sylph.Anuu 2011-02-07 20:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Carrelo said:
Bismarck.Reyke said:

Sylph.Anuu said:
Lakshmi.Ratie said:

oh, well i was just copying hanbok lol :P
 Sylph.Anuu
By Sylph.Anuu 2011-02-07 20:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

well, i've been with two guys over the internet, and both lasted for considerably long times, but ended up blowing up in my face in the end, and i'm still not over it :\ sooooooo.... yeah, just thought i'd mention something bad for the sake of balance, since everyone else seems to have relatively good experiences
 Cerberus.Lasareth
Server: Cerberus
user: lasareth
By Cerberus.Lasareth 2011-02-07 20:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

things over the internet are in many cases considerably less serious than they are in real life (see: internet anonymity; the ability to commit your chat time to multiple people at once). people who are successful in prologed e-lationships are probably happy with a markedly different nature of relationship than that which is provided by physical relationships.

meeting online and subsequently visiting and ultimately uniting in real life, however, is nothing new or controversial. that's how sites like e-harmony became popular, and success or failure directly correlates to how batshit insane the person you've met online is and whether you can see it early on or not. i'd say it's the same situation as in real life.

bottom line is if you're dating through ffxi for months at a time you are going through a different type of relationship which cannot really be compared to a physical relationship unless it transitions into one. that doesn't mean it's intrinsically bad or good though, or that your experience will be bad or good based on statistics. just depends on what you want and whether the other person has the same goals in mind.

my 2 gil (3 factoring in valentine's inflation on IGE)
 Pandemonium.Scrumpet
Server: Pandemonium
user: Scrumpet
By Pandemonium.Scrumpet 2011-02-07 20:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Lasareth said:
Scrumpet approves this message~
 Fenrir.Snick
Server: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2011-02-07 20:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Lasareth said:
meeting online and subsequently visiting and ultimately uniting in real life, however, is nothing new or controversial. that's how sites like e-harmony became popular
That's (usually) vastly different than meeting in game, if you go on a dating site chances are you'd look for people in the same city/state/province as you. Maybe it's not as easy as walking a few blocks to meet, but driving across a city for coffee is a lot less commitment involved than meeting someone in game who lives 1000 kilometres away.

But I've actually met a girl I was friends with for a bit online who ended up living literally 3 blocks away, sometimes life is weird.
 Pandemonium.Scrumpet
By Pandemonium.Scrumpet 2011-02-07 20:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:
That's (usually) vastly different than meeting in game, if you go on a dating site chances are you'd look for people in the same city/state/province . . . 1000 kilometres away.

This post radiated with Canadian!
(´∀`)
Eh?
 Cerberus.Lasareth
By Cerberus.Lasareth 2011-02-07 20:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

i guess the point i was trying to make was that meeting and long-term plans are two different situations. usually people focus on the long-term in which case circumstance of meeting is only the means to the end and you end up with the real life vs. in-game relationship dichotomy.

also

Pandemonium.Scrumpet said:
This post radiated with Canadian!
(´∀`)
Eh?

incoming moose and/or mountie stampede~
 Alexander.Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2011-02-07 20:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Moar misquotings !
 Cerberus.Lasareth
By Cerberus.Lasareth 2011-02-07 20:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Carrelo said:
Moar mosquitos !
 Pandemonium.Scrumpet
By Pandemonium.Scrumpet 2011-02-07 20:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Lasareth said:
Alexander.Carrelo said:
Moar mosquitos !
 Alexander.Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2011-02-07 20:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Poor Ratie. .__.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-07 20:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Scrumpet said:
Cerberus.Lasareth said:
Alexander.Carrelo said:
Moar mosquitos !
KilL!
 Cerberus.Lasareth
By Cerberus.Lasareth 2011-02-07 20:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

electrified for when you absolutely, positively, have to completely vaporize it out of existence.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Scrumpet
By Pandemonium.Scrumpet 2011-02-07 20:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Lasareth said:

electrified for when you absolutely, positively, have to completely vaporize it out of existence.

This seems like a proper time for the pink tank! :'D
 Alexander.Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2011-02-07 20:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

horyshat it's been forever since the pink tank has been released in this thread. o____o

I'm glad it was for something important like mosquitoes !
 Pandemonium.Scrumpet
By Pandemonium.Scrumpet 2011-02-07 20:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Carrelo said:
horyshat it's been forever since the pink tank has been released in this thread. o____o

I'm glad it was for something important like mosquitoes !

I knew the oldfags would remember this! :'D
 Alexander.Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2011-02-07 20:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm neither old nor am I a cigarette. >__>
 Pandemonium.Scrumpet