FFXI LGBT Community, Who Are You?

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » FFXI LGBT Community, who are you?
FFXI LGBT Community, who are you?
First Page 2 3 ... 1456 1457 1458 ... 1505 1506 1507
 Bahamut.Celesyna
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Selennia
By Bahamut.Celesyna 2012-12-02 19:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry to hear that Maninii. =(

My family won't go that far because of how much they loved to show me off before they found out about my sexuality. Even now they still love to hang their hat on my accomplishments in school. I can only think 'Wow how can you brag about one side and yet loathe the rest of me?"
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-12-02 19:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celesyna said: »

My family won't go that far because of how much they loved to show me off before they found out about my sexuality. Even now they still love to hang their hat on my accomplishments in school. I can only think 'Wow how can you brag about one side and yet loathe the rest of me?"

sounds like theyre quite selfish, it's a pity. i don't understand how people can be so unhappy.
 Shiva.Manini
Server: Shiva
user: Manini
By Shiva.Manini 2012-12-02 19:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »

sounds like theyre quite selfish, it's a pity. i don't understand how people can be so unhappy.

I don't think I will ever understand why they are that way aside from fear that being gay means my life is ruined, although my dad did confuse it with being transgender so I don't think understand it very well but at the moment it isn't something I'd like to deal with until I'm in a better position. For now I get on fine with them and I know they love me it's just really complicated and too long for a post >.<

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Maninii
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Maninii 2012-12-02 19:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly, because they are told being gay is so wrong etc they don't want to learn about it if something has the word gay or is about being gay they just refuse to listen to it so they are stuck with their same assumptions.
 Bahamut.Celesyna
By Bahamut.Celesyna 2012-12-02 19:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe one day people will realize all this hate is just ridiculous. Just because you believe something, doesn't mean everyone else has to. If your religion says you'll pay consequences for being gay, that doesn't mean you should harass and convert those that are. What they believe in could be completely different, and you wouldn't want them trying to change something about you just because of what you believe in.
 Valefor.Ranulf
Server: Valefor
user: Xenophire
By Valefor.Ranulf 2012-12-02 19:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe one day people will realize all this hate is just ridiculous.
We can dream.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celesyna
By Bahamut.Celesyna 2012-12-02 20:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Martin Luther King dreamed once upon a time.
 Bahamut.Celesyna
By Bahamut.Celesyna 2012-12-03 20:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

You know what this thread hasn't had in a while?
[+]
 Sylph.Shipp
Server: Sylph
user: Shipp
By Sylph.Shipp 2012-12-03 20:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

You know what this thread hasn't had in a while?
FFS, no more lesbians. We need more hot gay men.
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-12-04 01:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats wrong with lesbians? It's already a sausage fest in here most of the time, we need to balance things out :P

That and when people start posting guys it quickly shifts to the Danger of thread being nuked phase.

Ragnarok.Maninii said: »
Exactly, because they are told being gay is so wrong etc they don't want to learn about it if something has the word gay or is about being gay they just refuse to listen to it so they are stuck with their same assumptions.
Sorry to hear that dude, I honestly have no idea how my family would react to finding out I'm bi so I'm just going with they will find out if they have to. On an unrelated note your hair is awesome if that is you in your avatar.
By Areayea 2012-12-04 03:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

hi pplz how is vana'diel life?
By Areayea 2012-12-04 03:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »
Whats wrong with lesbians? It's already a sausage fest in here most of the time, we need to balance things out :P

That and when people start posting guys it quickly shifts to the Danger of thread being nuked phase.

Sorry to hear that dude, I honestly have no idea how my family would react to finding out I'm bi so I'm just going with they will find out if they have to. On an unrelated note your hair is awesome if that is you in your avatar.

People can be cruel, but it's just because when someone doesn't understand something... usually their reaction is anger to mask the confusion. All in all it sucks, but like with sales, just keep your confidence and everything should be fine :)

If things in this life go sour, there are usually ways to make them bearable, trust me, I've been through a lot, Homeless, abused, doing things I don't wish on any human being. Anyway there is a way to live through anything, all you need is food and sleep. Luckily people usually are nice, so even if family isn't good, then you can find someone else to help you out... and again it normally takes time for people to acclimate to news that they don't understand.

For the sake of the people who's parents don't accept them, I hope for all of them that their parents eventually come around, and if not after a year... just don't talk to them and just focus your life around you and people who do care about you.

Longer post than normal, but I am a bit tired living off of like 4 hours of sleep in last 72 hours >.>. Nap time wwww
By Areayea 2012-12-04 03:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

ah... that makes sense, Muslims usually are much more homophobic than Christians, but it's usually because they are literally oppressed by their religion, and can't help a single thing about it. Somehow the culture has evolved just to accept that fact... I feel bad for them, but hopefully you can somehow instill in your parents (usually through a crazy miracle) that being different than the norm is ok.
 Bahamut.Celesyna
By Bahamut.Celesyna 2012-12-04 04:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Hiya Areayea!

And Shipp, banned for hating on lesbians! Oops wrong thread.
[+]
 Asura.Ivykyori
Server: Asura
user: ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2012-12-04 04:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi. You guys are awesome. That is all. <3
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-12-04 04:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

You cannot force anyone to accept you for who you are. You can do you best to educate, convince ... but most of the time ... people are so lost in their own prejudice and ignorance that nothing you say or do will change anything. Maybe someday they'll come around, but you should accept that in all likelihood, they won't. Just be the best person you can be. There is support for you if you need it and I'm sure anyone here would be willing to help you find it if you can't do it on your own. There are people who will love you no matter what. Don't let the negativity of others get you down.
[+]
 Shiva.Manini
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Manini 2012-12-04 06:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »

You cannot force anyone to accept you for who you are. You can do you best to educate, convince ... but most of the time ... people are so lost in their own prejudice and ignorance that nothing you say or do will change anything. Maybe someday they'll come around, but you should accept that in all likelihood, they won't. Just be the best person you can be. There is support for you if you need it and I'm sure anyone here would be willing to help you find it if you can't do it on your own. There are people who will love you no matter what. Don't let the negativity of others get you down.

Aww thanks guys! And thanks Ina that was my hair but it's red now xD And I think Sylow is right I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that I will never be accepted by my family and I just remember that I don't need "approval" from anyone.

Oh GDI I need to delete my old character >.<
 Sylph.Shipp
Server: Sylph
user: Shipp
By Sylph.Shipp 2012-12-04 14:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Hiya Areayea!

And Shipp, banned for hating on lesbians! Oops wrong thread.
Now listen here hussy, you can eat pink tacos all day long, but don't start sharing it in public!

Am I doing the homophobe thing right?
 Ragnarok.Taereon
user: Halo4
By Ragnarok.Taereon 2012-12-04 16:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

My family are massively homophobic and Muslim so it makes things 100x worse, I think they are uneducated on the matter and just churn out the same old ***because I've told plenty of other Muslim people who have been completely fine with it. But my parents basically gave me an ultimatum to change or be classed as dead to them :|

EDIT: not massively I mean they talk to homosexuals and get on with them okay I guess but behind closed doors they are like lol/eww gays
Another Ragnarok player! When it rains it pours.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celesyna
By Bahamut.Celesyna 2012-12-04 17:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ivykyori said: »
Hi. You guys are awesome. That is all. <3
Of course we are, we have me.
 Cerberus.Valmur
Server: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2012-12-04 17:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure :|
 Bahamut.Celesyna
By Bahamut.Celesyna 2012-12-04 17:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Welcome to the thread Lunarcalypso!
 Cerberus.Ustav
Server: Cerberus
user: Ustav
By Cerberus.Ustav 2012-12-05 02:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Valmur said: »
Not sure :|
Let's Make one! =D
 Hades.Tripster
Server: Hades
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Tripster 2012-12-05 03:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Lunarcalypso said: »
I'm Gay. But why is there no LGBT LS in Cerb?!

Course there is.

The SpiceGirls!
By Pandaemonium 2012-12-05 11:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Taereon said: »
My family are massively homophobic and Muslim so it makes things 100x worse, I think they are uneducated on the matter and just churn out the same old ***because I've told plenty of other Muslim people who have been completely fine with it. But my parents basically gave me an ultimatum to change or be classed as dead to them :|

EDIT: not massively I mean they talk to homosexuals and get on with them okay I guess but behind closed doors they are like lol/eww gays
Another Ragnarok player! When it rains it pours.

I think Manini meant that they deleted their character from the Ragnarok server. <.< Still looking for a gay friendly ls here myself while racing chocobo for trophies, not like I don't have enough stuff in moghouse >.> But what is life without the accumulation of more stuff, right? XD
 Ragnarok.Coldsilence
By Ragnarok.Coldsilence 2012-12-05 11:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh, still getting used to posting on this forum. Coldsilence on Ragnarok btw.
 Ragnarok.Taereon
user: Halo4
By Ragnarok.Taereon 2012-12-05 13:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll give you a pearl to Lucavi, I think I'm the only gay in there but the people are cool and aren't drama.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-12-05 14:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm so honored my city was named the most "promiscuous" city in America!
Americas Slu#!iest Gay Cities

I guess California legalizing same-sex marriage isn't my only concern lol
First Page 2 3 ... 1456 1457 1458 ... 1505 1506 1507