FFXI LGBT Community, Who Are You?

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » FFXI LGBT Community, who are you?
FFXI LGBT Community, who are you?
First Page 2 3 ... 1434 1435 1436 ... 1505 1506 1507
 Bismarck.Gaspee
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-08-09 18:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
ok so! so question for you guys. Serious though.

If you went on a date and then several dates later the guy tells you he's poz how do you react? pissed that you didnt know first date or? no sex has occurred.

and would you date someone poz in the community?
I'd feel terrible, but I'd have to peace out.

Edit: Serious business, no king of threads.
 Fenrir.Toogood
Server: Fenrir
user: toogood
By Fenrir.Toogood 2012-08-09 18:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

All jokes aside. When it comes to health. I am all about being open-minded. But if it is a risk to me safety.. I would leave it at friends. If he is smart about his condition, he will understand.
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2012-08-09 18:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

ok so! so question for you guys. Serious though.

If you went on a date and then several dates later the guy tells you he's poz how do you react? pissed that you didnt know first date or? no sex has occurred.

and would you date someone poz in the community?

What is your own answer?
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-08-09 18:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Gaspee said: »

So like you wouldn't even talk to them? as friend?

(i swear how you always seem to get first post each page baffles me lol)

Bismarck.Ruizutatakau said: »
What is your own answer?
My answer would differ for obvious, reasons...since I'm coming from the other perspective.
 Bismarck.Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-08-09 18:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

So like you wouldn't even talk to them? as friend?

(i swear how you always seem to get first post each page baffles me lol)

Bismarck.Ruizutatakau said: »
What is your own answer?
My answer would differ for obvious, reasons...since I'm coming from the other perspective.
Oh goodness, I didn't know. I don't mean to offend. DEF as a friend... nothing would change that. Just cause someone is sick would never stop me from being their friend! Thanks for letting me clarify!

If I weren't a type 1 diabetic, I think my answer would change. Just the risk of compounded comorbidities could be very dire for my long term health.

Using Truvada as prophylaxis (with condoms) is defiantly some good news for peeps who are poz. Big piece of mind.
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2012-08-09 18:55:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, there is always a story behind everything. There are things I don't ask and don't question because I don't like to pry and everyone has their secrets. They're still people so I wouldn't treat them like less but I don't have an answer for your question either. I would just ask them to tell me about it and give me time. If I ever find myself in that situation I'll let you know how it goes and what I decide.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-08-09 19:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh goodness, I didn't know. I don't mean to offend. DEF as a friend... nothing would change that. Just cause someone is sick would never stop me from being their friend! Thanks for letting me clarify!

If I weren't a type 1 diabetic, I think my answer would change. Just the risk of compounded comorbidities could be very dire for my long term health.

Using Truvada as prophylaxis (with condoms) is defiantly some good news for peeps who are poz. Big piece of mind.

Oh you didn't offend whatsoever lol. I think particularly meeting someone who is poz in their 20's is always a shocker. Sadly its more common than a lot of young gays think.

I only asked to get perspective. My problem is I get guys asking me out on dates or who want to sleep with me. But like I always turn them down or flake so I think they interpret it as me being a snot.
When in reality its just I don't want everyone knowing my business, ya know.
 Bismarck.Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-08-09 19:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh you didn't offend whatsoever lol. I think particularly meeting someone who is poz in their 20's is always a shocker. Sadly its more common than a lot of young gays think.

I only asked to get perspective. My problem is I get guys asking me out on dates or who want to sleep with me. But like I always turn them down or flake so I think they interpret it as me being a snot.
When in reality its just I don't want everyone knowing my business, ya know.
That must be incredibly difficult, i'm so sorry...
 Fenrir.Toogood
By Fenrir.Toogood 2012-08-09 19:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I met a pos. individual the other day. I wasn't really interested in him like that so we chatted for a while. We hung out twice or so. Then he told me in case I was interested. He was younger, and I think it just shows how maybe uneducated I am because I was kinda put back because he was so young.

He said to me, "I was scared to tell you because I don't want you to treat me like im a sick guy, and I cannot do anything."

Does this happen?
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-08-09 19:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Toogood said: »
I met a pos. individual the other day. I wasn't really interested in him like that so we chatted for a while. We hung out twice or so. Then he told me in case I was interested. He was younger, and I think it just shows how maybe uneducated I am because I was kinda put back because he was so young.

He said to me, "I was scared to tell you because I don't want you to treat me like im a sick guy, and I cannot do anything."

Does this happen?

Where I live no. I have heard of that happening in other parts. Thats part of the reason I moved to West Hollywood- 1) high gay population 2) high HIV populated area also, so most gays are pretty educated about it. There still is a stigma but not that bad.

I think the only stigma is that if your poz you must be on 20 different meds. Which is like so untrue. Many doctors avoid putting you on meds for as long as possible.
 Bismarck.Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-08-09 19:19:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you know who gave it to you? (meant in a benign, non judgmental way)

Edit: If it's too personal, I apologize, I'm just curious.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-08-09 19:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you know who gave it to you?

Ex-bf of 2 years. He brought it in, but because we were monogamous we wern't having protected sex after certain time. and I wasn't really getting tested with him. So it wasn't until after we broke up I found out.

There was a point where he was sleeping with other men at the end of the relationship, and we were still having sex. It was my fault though I kinda put myself in this dangerous several month window where I was still having sex with him knowing very well he was going out to night clubs sleeping around.
 Bismarck.Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-08-09 19:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you know who gave it to you?

Ex-bf of 2 years. He brought it in, but because we were monogamous we wern't having protected sex after certain time. and I wasn't really getting tested with him. So it wasn't until after we broke up I found out.

There was a point where he was sleeping with other men at the end of the relationship, and we were still having sex. It was my fault though I kinda put myself in this dangerous several month window where I was still having sex with him knowing very well he was going out to night clubs sleeping around.
Kinda is right. Trust is important... this was way more his fault if you ask me.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-08-09 19:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda is right. Trust is important... this was way more his fault if you ask me.

He developed a crystal meth addiction into the relationship. So I'm partially at fault- that and the cheating should have just red flagged me but you know: young+gay=stupid. Like when I found out I did blame him. Heck i went as far to threaten to take him to court.

Ironically, the mofo moved to Florida after our breakup. Completely changed his number, facebook, everything.
 Bismarck.Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-08-09 19:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

><
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-08-09 19:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL I'm not raging. I did that already. But no lol My bff is poz also which helps.

But no I simply brought up the topic. On how how people would react?

The whole truvada thing I heard about. I don't think a lot of gay men know about it yet.
 Bismarck.Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-08-09 20:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It's very exciting. Like I said, if I wasn't already sick, it's totally a game changer for me. There is solid science behind it, too. The only downside is that it is uber expensive.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-08-09 20:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It's very exciting. Like I said, if I wasn't already sick, it's totally a game changer for me. There is solid science behind it, too. The only downside is that it is uber expensive.

Most insurances should cover it now, since its now considered preventative health care?

All HIV meds are expensive. Lets not even talk about steroids and HgH lol
 Bismarck.Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-08-09 20:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Most insurances should cover it now, since its now considered preventative health care?
Not sure. I don't think insurance companies have signed on to Truvada as preventative care yet. They are usually yearrrssss behind when new studies come out.

It's a good question. I'll find out more about it at work tomorrow.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-08-09 20:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

i dont know what id do until i was confronted with that situation :<

the obvious fact that no one wants to risk it, coupled with the fact that the relationship is not guaranteed to last, would make it a difficult situation.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-08-09 20:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »
i dont know what id do until i was confronted with that situation :<

the obvious fact that no one wants to risk it, coupled with the fact that the relationship is not guaranteed to last, would make it a difficult situation.

Exactly cause that was my mentality prior. So like I see both sides.

Well in the mean time I have a fancy gay poz dating service setting me up gay attorneys galore >..>

EDIT: Gay attorneys ALWAYS HAVE TO BE RIGHT!
[+]
 Fenrir.Toogood
By Fenrir.Toogood 2012-08-09 20:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

deleted, didn't wanna interrupt.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-08-09 21:00:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The irony about poz dating is when you first find out your poz. The doctor advises you NOT to have sex with other poz people, because of developing 2 strains. Also incase none of you knew lol
 Cerberus.Sevvy
Server: Cerberus
user: Sevvy
By Cerberus.Sevvy 2012-08-09 21:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I am enjoying just reading for once.
 Bismarck.Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-08-09 22:05:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Sevvy said: »
You don't like reading normally? :o
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-08-09 22:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Sevvy said: »
You don't like reading normally? :o

I for one hate reading. In college I made sure I purchased the pop-up-edition for every course!

Can you imagine....

Popup Ochem
Popup Stats
Popup Calc
Popup Immunology! lol
[+]
 Bismarck.Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-08-09 22:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you imagine how much those books would cost?
 Lakshmi.Darkapple
Server: Lakshmi
user: Darkapple
By Lakshmi.Darkapple 2012-08-09 22:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

What!?!?!? I would love to have pop up books for my courses!
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-08-09 22:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Seeing as some of my books were 150-200ish lol Oh the good old days where my textbooks cost more than an ounce of coke! lol jk
 Lakshmi.Darkapple
Server: Lakshmi
user: Darkapple
By Lakshmi.Darkapple 2012-08-09 22:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

damn, i didnt know that stuff costs so much lol. Alcohol is so much cheaper, why would people want to do coke???
First Page 2 3 ... 1434 1435 1436 ... 1505 1506 1507