Why Do People Hate That Players Put Up Personal Pictures Of Themselves?

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Why do people hate that players put up personal pictures of themselves?
Why do people hate that players put up personal pictures of themselves?
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 16 17 18
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-02-19 11:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Question: Don't people have the right to choose whether or not they want to see a person's picture or not? Like Real Life Picture thread. If you don't want to see pictures, don't look at it. It's the person's choice if they want to post a picture or not, not the viewer's. Same with Facebook/Myspace. There will be some disturbing pictures but you're the idiot who clicked on them. Shunning people for posting pictures on a site is like someone shunning you on your opinion.

Eh, yes. Of course. But I'm currently posting in a crying thread filled with white knights and shunned females. It's like people never learn. How many more hundrerd years before people realize that your pictures are wasted in these social circles?

The ladies at least should be relieved. Most of the insults do indeed come from blindly raged virgins and hold nothing but trolling anger.

When people get honestly and calmly intelligent, that's when hearts will be broken. :)
[+]
 Ramuh.Tousou
Server: Ramuh
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-02-19 11:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Kylos said:
QFI?

Quoted for Irony
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-19 11:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Question: Don't people have the right to choose whether or not they want to see a person's picture or not? Like Real Life Picture thread. If you don't want to see pictures, don't look at it. It's the person's choice if they want to post a picture or not, not the viewer's. Same with Facebook/Myspace. There will be some disturbing pictures but you're the idiot who clicked on them. Shunning people for posting pictures on a site is like someone shunning you on your opinion.
Sometimes no. It can be on the main page. Also in order to go thru ones that aren't on the main page easiest to click thru the one fartherst on the right or left depending on if you are going with more recent or less recent. Shows a thumb nail of all that and if that pic happens to be on the far end you could easily get full size without realizing it. And to avoid it you have to look at it first anyways and then make extra clicks just to avoid something you didn't want to see.

In the magical land of fairy tales people would only see things they like and only rate on things they like and all SSs would be 10/10 with nothign but positive comments. This is ffxiah however
[+]
 Hades.Kylos
Server: Hades
user: Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2010-02-19 11:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

If the picture was not to your interest, why waste time opening it, rating it down, then putting a comment? Makes no sense to me
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-02-19 11:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Holman said:
Facebooks not that bad, how myspace you need another stomach.
True.
Ramuh.Tousou said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Shunning people for posting pictures on a site is like someone shunning you on your opinion.
QFI
:P glad someone was smart enough to catch it, but not smart enough to understand the meaning behind it.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-02-19 11:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Because people cam-whoring grates on my nerves.

Especially with the kissy face >.>

Just general or funny pictures don't bother me, but most people who have them as avatars are cam-*** ^_^
[+]
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-02-19 11:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Kylos said:
In my dynamis linkshell, we have a real life picture thread, and it goes down really well, it brings the LS more together, and makes it a more friendly place, so why is that not possible here?

We have the same thing on my LS's website. Think its up to 25ish pages pics.

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
I don't get it.
Why do you need strangers to see pics of yourself?

Because its FUN to put a face to the people you chat with on forums, or play with in-game for years.

Lakshmi.Holman
Server: Lakshmi
user: holman
By Lakshmi.Holman 2010-02-19 11:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Kylos said:
If the picture was not to your interest, why waste time opening it, rating it down, then putting a comment? Makes no sense to me
It's mostly on pretty women. I've seen some skeptical women get 9.44+
 Ramuh.Tousou
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-02-19 11:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Kylos said:

Why upload a pic to begin with knowing full well that it could get rated down?

Why let a rating that has no meaning anger you and create a successful case of Trollitis?

Why not let people have their opinions and do as they please?

Why bother making a thread filled with irony?

Why try to convince people that everything should be done your way?

By now, if you can't get the point, then consider yourself a lost cause.

Until then, it's time for lunch! /wave

Edit: I knew what the meaning was, Kal, I just prefer irony. And, restating what you stated would've been a waste :p
[+]
 Hades.Kylos
Server: Hades
user: Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2010-02-19 11:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Some peoples comments i see make a lot of sense, and share how i feel about this, a number of you just dont seem to get it, which i expected, people will always have a different of opinion to things in life, the purpose of this thread was to find opinions on this matter, and to see why people do the things they do.

I believe i have a much better insight, and i can see why some would rate and comment down on certain pictures, where on others i totally dont get it.

Anyways, im going to get online to FFXI, see what i can go and kill today, have fun people :)
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-02-19 11:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kuz said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
I don't get it.
Why do you need strangers to see pics of yourself?

Because its FUN to put a face to the people you chat with on forums, or play with in-game for years.

While this is true, a lot of the RL pictures I see uploaded are of people I've never seen post on here >_>

And as someone mentioned before, if they're your friends in-game, toss them a facebook invite and let them oggle you on there.
[+]
 Ramuh.Mairah
user: Mairah
By Ramuh.Mairah 2010-02-19 11:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Tousou said:
Hades.Kylos said:

Why upload a pic to begin with knowing full well that it could get rated down?

Why let a rating that has no meaning anger you and create a successful case of Trollitis?

Why not let people have their opinions and do as they please?

Why bother making a thread filled with irony?

Why try to convince people that everything should be done your way?

By now, if you can't get the point, then consider yourself a lost cause.

Until then, it's time for lunch! /wave

Om nom nom.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-19 11:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Kylos said:
You just happen to open it scrolling thru. Also that is techinically sorta the point of ratings and comments. To give a kind of general idea how good is this. It would totally fail if people only did good.

Granted seeing as some people stalk just to give downrates either stalking individuals or the SSs in general it already has kind of failed.

In the end there would be no point if there was negative with the positive. One defines the other. Without one everything would be the same blandness or at least appear that way.

Check things that are on the top rated. They are usually some pretty nice SSs. Now imagine if everything got full 10/10s. There would be no top SSs everything random POS would be up there.

Also people have the right to voice there opinion good or bad. If you don't want it make it unratable or uncommentable
[+]
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-02-19 11:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
While this is true, a lot of the RL pictures I see uploaded are of people I've never seen post on here

True enough
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-02-19 11:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Sometimes no. It can be on the main page. Also in order to go thru ones that aren't on the main page easiest to click thru the one fartherst on the right or left depending on if you are going with more recent or less recent. Shows a thumb nail of all that and if that pic happens to be on the far end you could easily get full size without realizing it. And to avoid it you have to look at it first anyways and then make extra clicks just to avoid something you didn't want to see. In the magical land of fairy tales people would only see things they like and only rate on things they like and all SSs would be 10/10 with nothign but positive comments. This is ffxiah however
true, i mean it's also the poster's fault if they *** about the negative comments because on any forum, you'll have trolls and jerks. (I blame 4chan)
But i've seen people go through each post on a forum just to diss someone or find a reason to diss that person they hate and complain on a separate account that they got banned for no reason while the other person was left untouched.
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Quote:
Whats the point of a rating system if you can't rate it?
what's the point of flaming someone via comments because you didn't like the picture?
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-02-19 11:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, so when a female posts her *** we're all supposed to jerk over them?

Are we supposed to ignore them? I doubt that since she didn't go through the trouble of posting her pic to have all of us ignoring it.

Are we supposed to criticize?

Whichever of these choices you pick it all comes down to the same. Approval, disapproval or ignoring.

Just put your pictures in your photo-albums, ladies and gents. That's where they belong.

[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-02-19 11:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Yeah, so when a female posts her *** we're all supposed to jerk over them? Are we supposed to ignore them? I doubt that since she didn't go through the trouble of posting her pic to have all of us ignoring it. Are we supposed to criticize? Whichever of these choices you pick it all comes down to the same. Approval, disapproval or ignoring. Just put your pictures in your photo-albums, ladies and gents. That's where they belong.
girls post boob pictures here? Really?
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Server: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2010-02-19 11:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Siren.Kuz said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
I don't get it. Why do you need strangers to see pics of yourself?
While this is true, a lot of the RL pictures I see uploaded are of people I've never seen post on here >_> And as someone mentioned before, if they're your friends in-game, toss them a facebook invite and let them oggle you on there.
this made me lol . i like you , you're funny .
 Lakshmi.Holman
Server: Lakshmi
user: holman
By Lakshmi.Holman 2010-02-19 11:53:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Well the good news that this won't go in flame-core since nobody's being a ***.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-02-19 11:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

if you ugly, you're gonna hate. If you're immature, you're gonna hate, if you have a funny joke, you're gonna hate.

If you dont wanna know what the person looks like irl, pretend they're a cartoon.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-02-19 11:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Holman said:
Well the good news that this won't go in flame-core since nobody's being a ***.
I can if you want me to ;o
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-02-19 11:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:

More like cleavage, I think. I was just saying. A lot of guys posted their *** though, but that was for a purpose. Whoever posted their *** got a pink bar. lol

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-19 11:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
I believe you can disable comments and the rating system on pictures you upload, so disable it if you don't want to see negative feedback? =/
Yes you can. You can do each seperately or both. You can even change it after you post I think.
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
But i've seen people go through each post on a forum just to diss someone or find a reason to diss that person they hate and complain on a separate account that they got banned for no reason while the other person was left untouched.

Hmmm this is pretty specific thing that I think I missed.

Either way sure yeah it happens. Hell me and Lud have or used to have someone that would go thru and periodically rate down pretty much every post we made.

Talk about dedicated. Should give that guy acheivement points on here for it. But really I never noticed unless someone pointed it out.

Hell several of people continue to rate down all the comments on my page checking periodically to see if there is someone new. All the comments regardless of who made them or there content. It could be good or back or inbetween or just his. Well like people hated people people who never post people I have no clue who they are still all get rated down. And tahts with some of my friends rating everything up it's all still negative. Does anyone besides said downraters really care? I hope not
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Server: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2010-02-19 11:56:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Beelshamen seems to have a vendetta against RL pics of the female sex . Care to enlighten us on this ? is it a religious thing ? are you just very conservative? get burned by some one? does it bring back a bad memory ?

And yes you can disable Ratings and Comments on pics so all the QQing is a little pointless . i suppose after thinking about it , it all is but i'm still gunna post this .
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-02-19 11:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Quote:
There was girls who posted pics of themselves with thumbs up hiding their *** during the major vigor flaming last year.
and i missed it!!!!???
damn :< i would've saved those whether they're big, skinny, DD cups or A cups
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-19 11:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
More like cleavage, I think. I was just saying. A lot of guys posted their *** though, but that was for a purpose. Whoever posted their *** got a pink bar. lol
Well one of the deleted pics from Shiela was pretty much just a something the size of a small scarf to hold down though not conceal her boobs. There was cleavage and some serious under and side boob
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-02-19 11:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

the cleavage shown in some of the pics here aren't impressive, especially when the face that goes along with those push-up jailjugs has a kissy expression.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 16 17 18