Multi Box

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » multi box
multi box
By Smurf0365 2024-10-05 06:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Im curious is it still worth to multi box??? I use to 4 box.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-10-05 07:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Worth is a hard word to agree upon. But there are very strong advantages of a 2nd character and even more for a 3rd character. After that it's how much you want to pay for things and if you want to play with other people.

If you have 2 characters, you can use 1 to boost the other or do things like help 1 learn blue magic/things that are hard to do solo. If you have 3 you can get into dynamis and delve whenever you want, which is important for upgrading relics.

I currently have my account and my wife also plays so either of us can dual box when the other is not around. I used to have access to 3 regularly and then it went to 4 and 5 for a time. The more I played 3+ characters, the less I enjoyed playing at all. I've seen enough people who grab up their friends characters and assemble their sweet 6 man automation party, become less and less social, and then stop logging in at all.

YMMV but I would say to do what you find enjoyable and I find playing with people to more 'worth' my time than the alternative.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-10-05 07:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

You can try a whole new game every month instead of spending 50+ on XI over and over.

Multiple when they're on sale.
[+]
By Smurf0365 2024-10-05 07:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

unfortunately i play on a very quiet server seems 90% of people multibox
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-10-05 08:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It sounds like you've already answered your own question?

If you can't find anyone to play with then multiboxing is better than nothing. If everyone has this attitude then you can't find anyone to play with. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I'd say try finding a community or try to build one, rather than multi-boxing. Doing content by yourself is boring AF and there are limitations to what you can do.

If you can't find or build a community, move to another server.

If (for some reason) none of that works or is possible, sure go for a multibox.
 Phoenix.Gavroches
Server: Phoenix
user: gavroches
By Phoenix.Gavroches 2024-10-05 09:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I don’t multi, don’t even have a mule, 1 toon and that’s it. But there’s people out there that love multibox, that love “managing” the party (you use a lot of tool, plan accordingly then try your plan to see if it works and go back to the drawing board because something didn’t work out), those people are attracted by that challenge, they even 6 box T3 V25. There’s a challenge into that, but that also draw you to be more insular. Iocus has that point of view as well (same server but I have never played with him, so no conspiracy there). I would rather play while chatting ***on discord, part of the fun is also discord (started by a FF player) I would love to mute and listen to an eyril/maletaru discord conversation, I bet ya it would be worth paying for that. Some multi boxer love helping others, bring alts for OU pop/dyna/… or helping for whatever make full PT/alliance. On Maletaru $$$ point of view, have you thought of moving out of server to meet others?
By Jetackuu 2024-10-05 12:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Smurf0365 said: »
Im curious is it still worth to multi box??? I used to 4 box.
ftfy
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
Server: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2024-10-05 13:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

This post is pending moderation.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-10-05 13:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ummm, Toralin...?

Quote:
Windower and its addons/plugins are okay to talk about, but anything that rises to the level of "bot" is forbidden.
By Pantafernando 2024-10-05 13:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Smurf0365 said: »
unfortunately i play on a very quiet server seems 90% of people multibox

Which server?

I would like a place where people dont *** too much about it
[+]
By Smurf0365 2024-10-05 14:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

This post is pending moderation.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-10-05 14:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

WHY WOULD YOU QUOTE THE *** POST MY GOD

Stop name dropping bots on the *** forums.
[+]