Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-09 14:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerix said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Where it would be kinda broken is sch/run if it can be accessioned. That could get it altered.

I think that wouldn't even be too broken and would make Caper Emissarius considerably more useful than before to deal with hate resets.

Not for the enmity, the enmity means less than nothing. The actual thing foil is cast for, the special attack evasion. Putting that on the whole party could have interesting effects.
By Aerix 2022-05-09 14:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Not for the enmity, the enmity means less than nothing. The actual thing foil is cast for, the special attack evasion.

I edited in my thoughts on that too late, but I don't think it'll actually make a huge difference. If it's "just" an Evasion bonus like BGwiki makes it sound rather than a % chance to mitigate, then it would at best help out DDs with decent base Evasion. And you'd be giving up a lot of subjob utility for that, although SCH/RUN Valiance support would be quite nice.
By Draylo 2022-05-09 14:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

All the items shown on stream are available now for pre order from amiami.com if ppl were looking to import those.

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail?gcode=GOODS-04233404
[+]
 Ragnarok.Casey
Server: Ragnarok
user: Casey
By Ragnarok.Casey 2022-05-09 14:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think there's anything to indicate Foil is anything but normal evasion (vs special attacks only) right now, though it seems to be a pretty ludicrous amount of evasion. a mob goes from 90~% hit rate to floor with it for the first 4-5 ticks I happen to the in the middle of attempting to understand what it's decay rate is approximately (the buff description in game indicates it decays)

Pic is my current data (baseline hit rate is 90% without foil, and it expires on/after tick 11), but I need probably 10s of thousands of more samples to get better resolution

Note: For some particular reason, it seems that the evasion floor is 25% for mob weaponskills. At least, Draketrader Zlodgodd's Jump attacks floor at 25% when I stack several hundred more evasion. The same thing was noted on the Quadav that only melees with headbutt. I assumed that was due to DA because quads with axes are usually WARs, but it can't melee attack so we don't know if it has DA. Fortunately, the orc does melee and it has never DA'd once... so I guess the acc floor for TP moves from these particular mobs is 25%. Not sure if it's like that for all mobs.
[+]
By Aerix 2022-05-09 14:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

That's some pretty interesting data. If it's actually that potent for all jobs then chances are high it won't be a valid spell for Accession, but soloing jobs like BLU or DNC could have a field day with Foil.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-05-09 15:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

NIN/RUN is obvious, but the other fun bit that foil on sub job opens up is THF and DNC as evasion tanks again. With Mastery levels giving them more base HP and evasion, we start getting back to abyssea levels of flexibility. Both jobs have enmity gain and physical damage mitigation built in, foil just doubles down on it. Swordplay, Inquartata, and flash won't hurt either. DNC even has the highest level tactical parry to play nice with.

I can only speak for THF, but they hate casters so it's not going to hurt their feelings to have Runes + vall/valia around to deal with predictable caster. It's starting to feel a little like abyssea again already. It would be very hard to believe Foil isn't going to be coming.
 Odin.Lusiphur
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-05-09 16:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Subtitles are now available on the livestream video. If you are so inclined, you can use YT's machine translation feature to follow the broadcast easier now.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Stepth
Server: Lakshmi
user: Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2022-05-09 16:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/games/franchises/final-fantasy-xi-online?utm_source=twitter_sqex_md_na&utm_campaign=ffxinewitems_announcement_SQEXSOCIAL

Stuff is up on the NA store for preorder. Enjoy the $40 shipping cost.
 Cerberus.Balloon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Balloon 2022-05-09 16:21:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Do things ever become available on the EU Store, or am I better going with amiami.

I'm going to drink coffee out of that Mandys head.
By Draylo 2022-05-09 16:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont order from SE store, they are literally the worst. Amiami is the best choice and has reasonable shipping options. They also get most of their items first, yes even before SE..
[+]
 Fenrir.Velner
Server: Fenrir
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2022-05-09 16:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

"Estimated shipping date March 2023." Wtf SE
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-09 16:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It's takes the child slaves that long to make the products.

You can't expect them to to make the stuff and hope it sells, they wait until the sale ends to make the exact amount so they don't spend an extra penny.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2022-05-10 01:28:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
NIN/RUN is obvious, but the other fun bit that foil on sub job opens up is THF and DNC as evasion tanks again. With Mastery levels giving them more base HP and evasion, we start getting back to abyssea levels of flexibility. Both jobs have enmity gain and physical damage mitigation built in, foil just doubles down on it. Swordplay, Inquartata, and flash won't hurt either. DNC even has the highest level tactical parry to play nice with.

I used to tank and solo with DNC/RUN a lot when we started getting HTMBs (the Avatars, for example). DNC generally has always had problems against magic attacks-- especially AoEs-- and /RUN helped if you knew what elements the enemy was going to use. The downside was that you had to sacrifice /NIN and blink tanking was harder, so you had to rely more on strategic Fan Dance usage around TP moves. You also needed way more precise gearsets tailored around certain specific tanking + survival scenarios.

Nowadays the Gleti set (and some other newer items) help a lot with MDB and M.Eva, and if we get Foil on /RUN, DNC is very well-suited to off-tanking, even main-tanking for lowman content. Especially if you're using Terpsichore, since your TP gain (and thus WS frequency and Healing capability) makes keeping hate super easy. DNC/RUN would be a powerful combo again if Foil was on the table... especially given the more readily available sources of MDB and M.Eva.

THF has some JA hate tools, but I don't know how reliably it would be able to keep hate while waiting on cooldowns.
[+]
By gojito 2022-05-10 01:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure how exactly they fixed the Sroda Ring. I just checked my Attack before/after summoning each trust up to 5 and there was no discernable difference in attack.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-05-10 02:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

gojito said: »
Not sure how exactly they fixed the Sroda Ring. I just checked my Attack before/after summoning each trust up to 5 and there was no discernable difference in attack.
Nothing mentioned in the notes. You would think it would be under known issues.
By SimonSes 2022-05-10 04:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

When I tested it, it looked like it was 1% per trust (dynamically applied during hit). Maybe the bug was that it was too low and it still works dynamically, but % is higher.

EDIT: Tested again. I don't see any fix.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-05-10 07:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Correct me if I'm wrong but they didn't talk about job updates and changes in the stream which is what I really wanted. Felt like that should've been hit on even a little but it seems that's gone out the window? I thought it was gonna happen before emp gear but clearly that's not the case. Otherwise this went just like I thought it would tbh.
By SimonSes 2022-05-10 07:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
Correct me if I'm wrong but they didn't talk about job updates and changes in the stream which is what I really wanted. Felt like that should've been hit on even a little but it seems that's gone out the window? I thought it was gonna happen before emp gear but clearly that's not the case. Otherwise this went just like I thought it would tbh.

They have never hinted any job updates in near future. They hinted new progression system, which have already happened (Master Level).
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-05-10 08:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

They have never hinted any job updates in near future. They hinted new progression system, which have already happened (Master Level).
Are you talking just in this live stream? If not they 100% have talked about job changes hell they did some of them already.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-05-10 08:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It's takes the child slaves that long to make the products.

You can't expect them to to make the stuff and hope it sells, they wait until the sale ends to make the exact amount so they don't spend an extra penny.

Ooooohh! (claps hands excitedly while not moving arms past elbows and jumping with legs snapped shut) You mean Square-Enix is now offering CUSTOM BESPOKED child labor products? How wonderful!
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-05-10 08:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you talking just in this live stream? If not they 100% have talked about job changes hell they did some of them already.
The job balance changes they've referred to in the past ended up being the changes made to individual jobs, like PLD (Majesty update) and RNG (Hover Shot update). Ranger's was the last one, as far as we know.

The "job progression system" they sometimes mentioned ended up being Master Levels.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-05-10 08:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

When they talked about job updates last year people got the impression they were going to be making a lot more balance passes then they did. They referred to it as an upcoming "all jobs adjustments", which implied actual balance changes for each of the jobs. But the only actual job adjustments we got was ranger's hover shot. They were obviously talking about the mastery level system which released in November. And while the mastery system is nice, it's a far cry from actual balance changes. Bigger stats and higher weaponskill numbers doesn't really change anything about the job hierarchy in the meta. Blame it on poor localization if you will, but at the time people were anticipating a lot more job ability tweaks and that wasn't what we got.

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/57791?_ga=2.152766777.1827500566.1612522677-1389767886.1610988393

There's the link for reference. They released that Vanadiel digest in February of last year, and the mastery level system came out in November so we had a good 9 months of speculation as to what was coming our way. The question they responded to specifically mentioned monthly job adjustments, and their answer was hinting at the mastery level system. So that's where the confusion lies.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-05-10 08:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »

The job balance changes they've referred to in the past ended up being the changes made to individual jobs, like PLD (Majesty update) and RNG (Hover Shot update). Ranger's was the last one, as far as we know.

The "job progression system" they sometimes mentioned ended up being Master Levels.
Ya I think we talking different things it was in a digest I believe in Feb 2020 they said job adjustments before emp armor to help balance the jobs out. Master levels wouldn't fix that and if that's what they meant by job adjustment then it's even more confusing because you adjusted a few jobs several times.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-05-10 08:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

When I tested it, it looked like it was 1% per trust (dynamically applied during hit). Maybe the bug was that it was too low and it still works dynamically, but % is higher.

EDIT: Tested again. I don't see any fix.
I just did a super rough test, and my damage range on a 113 Kamihr tiger on RDM using Thibron and no attack buffs went from 52-92 to 58-98 after summoning 5 trusts.

It's super rough, and I know attack ratio doesn't convert directly to PDIF, but eyeballing that would imply about a +10% boost from 5 trusts.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-05-10 08:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
When they talked about job updates last year people got the impression they were going to be making a lot more balance passes then they did. They referred to it as an upcoming "all jobs adjustments", which implied actual balance changes for each of the jobs. But the only actual job adjustments we got was ranger's hover shot. They were obviously talking about the mastery level system which released in November. And while the mastery system is nice, it's a far cry from actual balance adjustments. Bigger stats and higher weaponskill numbers doesn't really change anything about the job hierarchy in the meta. Blame it on poor localization if you will, but at the time people were anticipating a lot more job ability tweaks and that wasn't what we got.

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/57791?_ga=2.152766777.1827500566.1612522677-1389767886.1610988393

There's the link for reference. They released that Vanadiel digest in February of last year, and the mastery level system came out in November so we had a good 9 months of speculation as to what was coming our way. And what we ended up getting wasn't what we were expecting. The question they responded to specifically mentioned monthly job adjustments, and their answer was hinting at the mastery level system. So that's where the confusion lies.
Hey sorry I made post same time you thank you this is what I was talking about. Like you said seems we got confused on what adjustments matching what they were doing to adjustments as in mastery levels.
By SimonSes 2022-05-10 08:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

No Im talking about the past and what Geriond wrote in details. It was series of individual job adjustments and then Master Level as all job adjustment/new progression system. They haven't hinted anything else past that.

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
actual balance adjustments.

I think the word balance has never poped up with connection to all job adjustment. AFAIK they mentioned RNG needed individual boost (Hover shot) before Master Levels, because Master Levels wouldn't help it enough on their own (in their eyes ofc).

Also tbh I'm pretty sure balancing jobs right now will be SUPER hard if not impossible. Everyone has different opinion of what jobs are OP, what they value as OP. For example curing on DNC. Some people value this high, some people don't care at all and only want DNC to be stronger pure DD. Same for a lot of BLU utility. In general utility is really hard to compare, while damage is much easier. Even in term of dps, some jobs excels in group, some excels in solo selfSC. Some people don't care about solo tho or low buff scenario.

Most DD jobs are kinda close to each other anyway. Some excels in zergs more than other, but how you plan to adjust Warcry+MS Warrior? You will nerf SP and Warcry or nerf WAR to lower the peak with those abilities up? I can't really imagine one or the other tbh.

I imagine you would want THF to get dps boost? How tho? Buff Rudra? Then you would have unbalanced Dagger WSs, when you could just forget other Dagger WSs even exist. Twashtar would also be only option. Adjust all daggers WSs? Maybe, but that would also affect DNC.

Jobs like PUP are easier to boost, because changes to automaton will only affect PUP.

Also doing changes before Empy+3 is probably a bad idea. At least I am expecting Empy+3 to have lots of JA augments or enhancements that might shake the balance a little.

Afaik they also plan to add new JSE accessories? That could also change a lot. Not every job adjustment needs to be done through adjustment to job itself. It can be done through gear too. Infamous Yagyu Darkblade katana is the prime example.
[+]
 Siren.Jonsnow
Server: Siren
user: Jons
By Siren.Jonsnow 2022-05-10 09:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't worry its coming, The content is on the way, its going to be amazing.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-05-10 09:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Update on Sroda Ring.

Using it with 135 attack on a mob with similar defense brought my damage from from 12-20 to 19-28 when I summoned 5 trusts. After dismissing my trusts, I adjusted my gear to give myself 185 attack (without touching STR), and that made me get 19-28 again.

Looks like Sroda Ring isn't percentage based, but is instead a flat +10 attack per trust.
By Probono 2022-05-10 09:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Feb 2021

Question 1, job adjustments
question 2, EMP +2+3

EMP gear will come after job adjustments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vj7eQA7c5c
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-05-10 09:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
It's super rough, and I know attack ratio doesn't convert directly to PDIF, but eyeballing that would imply about a +10% boost from 5 trusts.

I was testing a lot with both ranged and melee. Keeping target at the same level and type. Keeping same STR and same ratt and att.

My damage maybe went up by less than 1% with Sroda earring (but thats probably only because I haven't got full range of damage with my pdif.

Ranged damage range went from 1409-1460 to 1449-1502 (3% up in theory) I was around 3.0 cratio with ~1200 attack (forgot exact number). If it's a % buff I highly doubt it's only at 0.7% per trust.

My melee range went from 315-407 to 320-433. Floor suggest boost of just 1.6%, so again I highly doubt it's a % buff.

Now it could be +attack buff instead and something like +5 attack per trust (EDIT: or +10), which could result in such small gains when I was at 1100-1200 attack with 2.75-3 cRatio.

My guess is it still doesn't work (EDIT: as intended), because I remember my previous test and result was exactly the same or very similar.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 13 14 15