New Character Development System: Master Level.

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » New Character Development System: Master Level.
New Character Development System: Master Level.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 19 20 21
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-11-09 08:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
I'm not liking the current trend of gear with those stats on for tp sets.

Very few people are going to TP in the new empy sets unless they have -dmg now and it makes a lot of older stuff obsolete.

While I agree with Eiryl that there is no shortage of retards who only care about max DPS, Sakpata and Malignance are insanely overpowered and it makes no sense to run any DPS that can't wear either as is. If empyrean+3 comes out without those awesome defensives, it's DOA for smart players.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-11-09 08:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The one core design principle of this game that made it good to begin with is that no single set should be so good you'd consider wearing it full-time. Actually wanting to push upcoming gear more into this universally good territory is just stupid.

One of the biggest complaints people have is that even with 4 mog wardrobes inventory space is still an issue. Having sets that are universally good cuts down the need for excessive mount of equipment. I was able to condense several of my sets down with the new oddy gear because of that. I have no problem with gear sets that are universally good. It beats the alternative where you get 2 pieces out of 5 that you really want to use, but the other 3 are useless. Why even bother having a set if more than half of it is never even touched?
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-11-09 08:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
While I agree with Eiryl that there is no shortage of retards who only care about max DPS, Sakpata and Malignance are insanely overpowered and it makes no sense to run any DPS that can't wear either as is. If empyrean+3 comes out without those awesome defensives, it's DOA for smart players.

I agree with this. If most DPS classes don't get some form of defensive upgrade to their empyrean +3 the sets will be relegated to glass cannon builds. Admittedly they do have their place, but there is a stupid level of survivability difference between my malignance/mpaca/sekpata tp sets versus my glass cannon sets. I wouldn't use a glass cannon build on anything with stats comparable to Wave 3, Ambu VD, Veng 15, or even the 3rd and 4 levels of sheol C seg farming nowadays because dying is too much of a liability and that type of content one shots glass cannon gear.

Glass cannon builds are fine for wave 1 and 2 levels of content, or omen fodder, or the first floors of sheol C. But we don't really need empyrean +3 to kill trash mobs a bit faster. A lot of its utility will be lost without the defensive perks our tanky tp sets have now. The mage sets would be the exception though. I'm pretty sure whm would be all over better healing stats on their empyrean upgrades over -dt.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-09 09:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It makes you wonder if there's a more resource-efficient way to manage the whole inventory thing.

Like, if they could come up with a new system that lets you plug in your equipment somewhere and you get a key item slip that can overwrite your gear with a macro command. Plug in all of your gear and then dump it in storage, but only works if you still have the gear tied to your character somehow.

Either that or just rewrite the entire game engine from scratch so it's not such a pain in the butt to manage inventory lol
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-11-09 10:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
It makes you wonder if there's a more resource-efficient way to manage the whole inventory thing.

Like, if they could come up with a new system that lets you plug in your equipment somewhere and you get a key item slip that can overwrite your gear with a macro command. Plug in all of your gear and then dump it in storage, but only works if you still have the gear tied to your character somehow.

Either that or just rewrite the entire game engine from scratch so it's not such a pain in the butt to manage inventory lol

They should give us wardrobes 1-4 for free, but make us pay for 5-15. Would fix inventory issue.

Just make sure you never zone anywhere, and you'll be fine.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-11-09 10:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Granted that allowing us players to get multiple versions of Nyame would've been a decent compromise, if you ask me. But I digress.

You could think it would be a decent compromise, but it wouldnt, it would be terrible actually. You could throw 90% of gear you ever gained by hard work and everyone would wear nothing but Nyame for almost everything beside JA activation. Having access to different gear on different jobs is part of FFXI and there should never be one bis set for TP and WS etc. Nyame shouldn't even exist at all, but at least they limited it to one purpose per slot. Look what universal OP WS like Savage Blade is doing. It's cool, because it work and get things done, but ffs I feel disgusted seeing it everywhere. It would be the same for Nyame, if you could make all paths. It's too strong. It would be completely different if Nyame would be just decent, not OP, then all paths would have sense, because you could use it on any job to fill the gap if you missing something better, but in current version it would tragic, even more when it's so easy to get.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-11-09 10:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

If you work out inflation increases it's pretty much the same amount of money in real terms with all wardrobes today as we were paying 15 years ago for base. If not for inflation, they would of most likely given us all wardrobes for free anyway.

With massive inflation increases over the past year they are going to have to get really creative to keep profits up. They can't keep adding wardrobes becasue of load times so they are going to have to add other optional services of some kind or just eat the losses.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-09 10:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

If you work out inflation increases it's pretty much the same amount of money in real terms with all wardrobes today as we were paying 15 years ago for base. If not for inflation, they would of most likely given us all wardrobes for free anyway.

With massive inflation increases over the past year they are going to have to get really creative to keep profits up. They can't keep adding wardrobes becasue of load times so they are going to have to add other optional services of some kind or just eat the losses.
We've gone from FFXI costing as much per AAA game title every 4-5 months months to FFXI costing as much per AAA game title after about 6-7 months.
 Asura.Shaedhen
Server: Asura
user: Shadowwww
By Asura.Shaedhen 2021-11-09 10:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
You could think it would be a decent compromise, but it wouldnt, it would be terrible actually. You could throw 90% of gear you ever gained by hard work and everyone would wear nothing but Nyame for almost everything beside JA activation. Having access to different gear on different jobs is part of FFXI and there should never be one bis set for TP and WS etc. Nyame shouldn't even exist at all, but at least they limited it to one purpose per slot. Look what universal OP WS like Savage Blade is doing. It's cool, because it work and get things done, but ffs I feel disgusted seeing it everywhere. It would be the same for Nyame, if you could make all paths. It's too strong. It would be completely different if Nyame would be just decent, not OP, then all paths would have sense, because you could use it on any job to fill the gap if you missing something better, but in current version it would tragic, even more when it's so easy to get.

This. Yes, I'm very happy to be able to use Nyame but the way it works goes against the very core of FFXI. Just like Malignance did before (except it's not all jobs... but still, a lot of jobs). It's the kind of things that should stay as a "dream that will never happen" because it's not the way the game is working since pretty much the launch. Frustrating, but at the same time that's also what's cool about it. That would've been more interesting if, for Path B for example, it was half the WSD you get right now. Would've been like : pretty good set for WS when you might need some DT, but not the best for pure damage output.

IMO it would be far more interesting to have, as it was said before, something like an All jobs ambu cape. That would be really good for inventory issues. (At least now there's the augmented Aurist cape that can help a bit for mages).
[+]
By Torzak 2021-11-09 11:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I have previously advocated for an All Jobs Ambu cape. It is the single easiest thing they could implement with almost zero backlash from the players as a whole and while not compromising their intended job design goals.

I have 19 capes for RDM, already. I could probably get rid of 10+ other job specific capes if they weren't all RDM exclusive and gain functionality on other jobs to boot.

If they added an All Jobs Cape, I wouldn't even care if I had to earn capes all over again. I have no idea if in their mind they fear releasing it because of a backlash about a regrind due to their inability to figure out how to allow for an exchange from one cape with an established set of Augments to the All Jobs version with the same Augments. Like another commenter said, SE *must* be aware of the community's comments about All Jobs Ambu Capes.
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2021-11-09 12:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it'd be cool if they had some sort of job specific wardrobe, so when you swap jobs, the items linked to that wardrobe become accessible and visible. I think it'd solve the zoning issue, but I'm not sure if they are able to have a contextual inventory in the game or not. It'd also have to work so that you set the inventory sets in a specific place (e.g. MH), so it'd slow down MH entry and would kindof suck if the items would be inaccessible or not visible otherwise if you needed them and forgot to bring them over.

It might help with jobs that have next to 0 crossover in items, but could possibly be awkward otherwise. I can't think of many other options that don't require transferring item details every time you zone.
By Mattelot 2021-11-09 12:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Torzak said: »
I have 19 capes for RDM

I have 8 for my RUN. And honestly, I do not think that's healthy.

I'm fine with having various gear sets but needing so many capes for 1 job just compiles onto the inventory issues.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-09 12:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not healthy. Regardless how good it is it's obsessive.
[+]
By Torzak 2021-11-09 12:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think it's obsessive at all. I have capes to maximize the job I spend 80% of my time on.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-09 12:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

failing to recognize the illness is the first red flag of an illness
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-11-09 12:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You could think it would be a decent compromise, but it wouldnt, it would be terrible actually. You could throw 90% of gear you ever gained by hard work and everyone would wear nothing but Nyame for almost everything beside JA activation. Having access to different gear on different jobs is part of FFXI and there should never be one bis set for TP and WS etc.
I 100% agree with the concept you're saying, I shun desires such as those from people who advocate for one-set-to-rule-them-all.
One of the core elements of FFXI is clearly the gear selection and how situational it is.
It's just that, of course, there should be better synergy.
There's a lot of pretty fine compromises between one set for everything and the current situation (which alas will be made worse by Empy+3 I'm afraid).

But I digressed. I was saying I completely agree with the concept behind your post, but I'm not sure I agree with the exact implications.
I think there are two flaws in your way of reasoning.

1) You're advocating for the "you can't release a new piece that completely overwhelms multiple pieces that players fought hard to obtain" because, spoiler, that's exactly how the game always worked and, I assume, will always work.

2) The 90% estimate you gave sounds like an overbloated hyperbole. I doubt it would be anything above 50% in worst case scenario, I expect the % to be actually lower. I mean going by your logic someone who has only malignance jobs and owns both malignance and Nyame should remove 90% of their previous gear, yet I don't think that's what happened?
Some jobs already don't use 5/5 Nyame B for WS because they have better options in some slots. The same would happen if you could ALSO get 5/5 Nyame A, which honestly is not really that much different from Malignance which is already a thing for 10 jobs. Please let's not discuss Nyame D because as much as I love pet jobs that's hardly relevant. We're left with Nyame C which is quite nice and quite an inventory saver, but it still wouldn't really change how we play mage jobs, and for the other jobs (like NIN etc) it would still be a very powerful but extremely situational set.

Also it would take people months to cap 2 more Nyame sets. I don't really think it would've meant renouncing to 90% of our gear.
But gaining a lot of inventory space? Absolutely yes.

Then again I'm not advocating for them to remove the Rare tag from Nyame. I think it could've been a cool solution to mitigate the inventory issue though. Too late now but w/e.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-11-09 12:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You are talking about something completely different. You are talking about having some universal gear for slots that most people have anyway for their jobs. Like having one 10%FC cape instead of 10, or having one 18% movement speed gear instead of 5. So pretty much reduce number of gear you use for swaps if you play many jobs. So you would have like one or two sets with FC for precast swap for many jobs, but you would need to still swap to them. What Seun is saying is to reduce numbers of swaps entirely, so to have sets that without swaps would work for TP, casting, idle, WS etc. and not be bis, but be good, so you have an option to not swap at all if you accept not being bis. I think this is stupid, because its completely against FFXI fundamentals.

No, I wasn't saying a universal set for best TP/nuke/random stats/whatever. I was saying, like Seun, why can't we just have FC as a standard thing on gear, just like we currently have some decent amount of haste as a baseline expectation (the exception now is when we DON'T have adequate haste on a particular piece, like Hjjarandi Helm/Mail)?

It used to be strange and unique to have haste come standard on TP gear, and people would choose between a haste option (with little else) and a non-haste option. Remember the old days of Rapparee Harness, Fuma Sune-Ate, and the like? Those days are gone, thankfully, and I'd like to see that kind of thinking expanded to other stuff where we're currently lugging around gear for these non job-specific "utility" stats.

Maybe because that's probably impossible. There is probably no room to put every base stat on one piece of gear. You could use things like All attributes +40, to make room, but that would be stupid for different reason, which is balance between other sets.

This is a valid point from a technical reason, but the easy counterpoint is "why do we need all the current stat vomit on GEAR anyway?".
- Couldn't they just give baseline attribute stats inherently as part of the ilevel calculation? (and then when you want to differentiate, just give a specific piece an extra, whatever, DEX+30)
- What about "all attributes +40" as a standard level as a stat on the gear itself, and then stick an extra STR+20 on a heavy DD piece if you want to differentiate it (still reducing number of total stats from 7 to 2, and maybe freeing up some room on the gear for different stats).
- What about just making ilevel "x" come with, say, a built in FC+40% baseline without needing any additional gear (would at least mean fewer required additional 'utility swap only' pieces)

gear bloat for stuff like precast was very reduced in past several years. We got several sets that covers precast for several jobs at once, including complex sets like Pinga or Agwu or individual pieces like DRK relic body, RUN af head, Geo AF pants, PLD AF body, Sakpata's helm, C. Palug Crown, Amalric Coif, Sacro Breastplate, Baayami Robe, Carmine Mask, Amalric Nails, Sakpata's Sword etc.

Like Sechs said, you just mentioned... kind of a boatload of gear! And I'd argue we really haven't had that significant of a decrease in inventory strain. In fact, more likely the other way around. Recently, I could get rid of a few pieces thanks to Odyssey gear, but I now have ~30 new things to lug around between Nyame, Sakpata, Mpaca, Ikenga, Gleti sets, plus a few weapons and random pieces, etc. (as I don't play mages on my main, I don't even use Bunzi/Agwu sets either aside from Agwu head for RUN; I'm already at the point of just not buying 5/5 Agwu for Lunge because, even though it's clearly BiS for that niche purpose, it's just not worth the inventory -4 hit for me).

So yeah, in most cases, adding new multi-job gear didn't actually eliminate other gear that's still situationally useful (like you said yourself, 5/5 Sakpata for everything isn't the optimal setup). I was more able to swap in some newer accessories and get old outdated ones out of my wardrobes, but that is fairly inventory neutral. Nyame is the big one that actually does help serve as an all jobs set that can trim down your total inventory (not that it's always BiS, but like... a fully augmented Nyame B piece can likely replace at least a few WS items for some jobs, pulls double duty as a good all-purpose DT/Meva/idle set, etc.). But as a net impact, Odyssey didn't shrink the number of items in my inventory since it added more pieces than it replaced.

I still have DRK Su3/relic/AF gear that is only usable for that job and hasn't been replaced. I'm not throwing my Kendatsuba gear now that I have Mpaca, since there are still subtle differences and reasons to choose one over the other in certain situations. And I'm kinda fine keeping that level of granularity that DOES "feel like FFXI". I'm just saying there's no good reason for me to need to lug around, say, SIX different FC bodies for various jobs.

I wonder if they will eventually add -dmg taken as a master stat you can grind, I'm not liking the current trend of gear with those stats on for tp sets.

Very few people are going to TP in the new empy sets unless they have -dmg now and it makes a lot of older stuff obsolete.

Yeah, I like this idea too. Make the stats attach to the player, not the gear. Could also do this with things like FC, SIRD, Enm+/-, whatever.

It's also a clever way for the devs to helps solve two "problems". The give us that carrot to keep us playing and doing the long term grind like they want, but also get to say they're listening to our concerns about inventory and helping to address it via this system.
By RadialArcana 2021-11-09 13:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

What the is this "unhealthy" garbage lol it's capes not cocaine.

[+]
By Torzak 2021-11-09 13:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Illness
Asura.Eiryl said: »

Rofl ok doc. Those 19 capes came up over how many months of ambuscade? I mean one I just built this month. And we're talking about a job with some of the highest versatility in spells and weaponskills. We're not talking about a MNK who does various flavors of physical damage.

Most RDM enthusiasts will have 10+ capes. Here's some examples of mine

Idle - PDT, Magic Evasion, Enmity-
INT MAcc WS% - Aelion, Red Lotus
MND MAcc WS% - Sanguine
STR Acc WS% - Savage
RAcc WS% - Empyreal
DEX Acc Crit Rate - CDC
Racc Store TP
Store TP Acc (TP cape)
Double Attack Acc (TP cape)
DW Acc (TP cape - slowed, weakened, not haste capped, subbing dnc)
Enmity- Acc (-Enmity set)
Fast Cast Offensive MND
Fast Cast Offensive INT
Block Rate - /War or /Blu Apex AOE w/ Edge
Counter - part of 50% DT & 20% counter set

Illness... how about Doctor Eiryl keeps his diagnosis for himself and let me play how I wanna play.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-09 13:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Couldn't they just give baseline attribute stats inherently as part of the ilevel calculation? (and then when you want to differentiate, just give a specific piece an extra, whatever, DEX+30)
That would be because there is no "baseline" amount of stat vomit for 119 pieces. Early on there kind of was, but as SE continued to add more and more sets that kept power creeping upward, it became much less standardized. Compare the following pieces' attribute stat vomit:

Cizin Mail +1: 29/19/29/19/19/19/19

Sakpata Breastplate: 42/25/43/25/24/28/26

Every single stat is different, so using a baseline and then adding on top of it wouldn't save any programming space for the latter piece. Even sets from the same content but separated by job selection almost always have every single stat different.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-11-09 13:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
---INT MAcc WS% - Aelion, Red Lotus
---MND MAcc WS% - Sanguine

---Store TP Acc (TP cape)
---Double Attack Acc (TP cape)
---DW Acc (TP cape - slowed, weakened, not haste capped, subbing dnc)

---Block Rate - /War or /Blu Apex AOE w/ Edge
---Counter - part of 50% DT & 20% counter set

There's a lot of overlap in those groups, and the last two are so fringe I doubt most red mages would care to build them. I just have one TP cape for any of my jobs, and on my thief for example I just use my rudra's cape whenever I find myself using savage blade. The difference is 30 strength versus 30 dex, which does affect savage's stat mod, but does the difference justify carrying an extra cape when I only use savage blade on thf in fringe cases? I certainly don't think so. I use my rudra's cape for aeolian edge on my dancer too (same wsd mod, and dex is a stat mod in both cases. The difference is physical acc/atk versus 20 magic damage, which isn't worth a cape to me).

I'm not gonna tell anyone how to play mind you, but I agree that having 10 or more capes for any one job is excessive. Min maxing is well and good, but there comes a point where you start fussing over things that amount to fractions of a percent in overall performance. That's about where I draw the line.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2021-11-09 13:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

at least it wasn't quite as bad as "I need that BLM snapshot cape for Raetic Bow builds" then another one for some tweaks for when it's the one hour your glasses are at lenscrafters and you need that extra agi Racc boost
By SimonSes 2021-11-09 13:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »

There's a lot of overlap in those groups, and the last two are so fringe I doubt most red mages would care to build them. I just have one TP cape for any of my jobs, and on my thief for example I just use my rudra's cape whenever I find myself using savage blade. The difference is 30 strength versus 30 dex, which does affect savage's stat mod, but does the difference justify carrying an extra cape when I only use savage blade on thf in fringe cases? I certainly don't think so. I use my rudra's cape for aeolian edge on my dancer too (same wsd mod, and dex is a stat mod in both cases. The difference is physical acc/atk versus 20 magic damage, which isn't worth a cape to me).

I'm not gonna tell anyone how to play, but I agree that having 10 or more capes for any one job is excessive. Min maxing is well and good, but there comes a point where you start fussing over things that amount to fractional percentages in overall performance. That's the point where I draw the line.

Even if he finds 0.1% improvements with his 37th cape, that's still improvement and nothing is excessive if he has the room for it. Not everyone plays 15 jobs. Maybe he just play 3 and have room to make 20 capes for each. Who gives a ***. For my personal taste, using Rudra cape for Savage Blade is very significant loss. It's almost 5% lower Savage Blade damage in bis set. So for me it would be very worth inventory space.

let me play how I wanna play
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-09 14:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

No one said you can't do it and no one told you how to play.

Being overly defensive about an illness is the second big red flag.
By Mrxi 2021-11-09 14:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

using rudras cape for savage blade is the only illness i see here, try again.
By SimonSes 2021-11-09 14:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Being overly defensive about an illness is the second big red flag.

If you would be so great as a doctor, you would make $$ healing people in RL, but last time I checked, you are RMT in a game that you hate.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-11-09 14:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Pretty much. If you wanna carry around extra capes I won't try to stop you. It doesn't affect me any. I merely provided the reasoning behind why I didn't go that rout myself. I only use savage blade on my thief in sheol C, and only on mobs that piercing is bad against. I either kill in one weaponskill with sneak or trick attack stacking, or I kill in two weaponskills. The extra 30 strength won't change that, so it won't affect my run speed. All it would do is increase my overkill damage and pad parse numbers, and I can't justify an extra inventory slot for that. I usually go corsair to seg farms anyway, and I do have a savage blade cape for that job. I just think people burden themselves with too much situational stuff is all. It's an easy habit to get into.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2021-11-09 14:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM life might be best life, but it also requires 3x as much gear. Another 2 wardrobes would personally make me shut up for now.

That being said, RDM is a glutton for raw stats so I'm actually excited for whatever this new system turns into. If anything it might make me care less that I only get to play 2 or maybe 3 jobs because of the time investment. I really hope there is some HP in there. It makes a huge difference
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Server: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2021-11-09 14:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Illness

Rofl ok doc. Those 19 capes came up over how many months of ambuscade? I mean one I just built this month. And we're talking about a job with some of the highest versatility in spells and weaponskills. We're not talking about a MNK who does various flavors of physical damage.

Most RDM enthusiasts will have 10+ capes. Here's some examples of mine

Idle - PDT, Magic Evasion, Enmity-
INT MAcc WS% - Aelion, Red Lotus
MND MAcc WS% - Sanguine
STR Acc WS% - Savage
RAcc WS% - Empyreal
DEX Acc Crit Rate - CDC
Racc Store TP
Store TP Acc (TP cape)
Double Attack Acc (TP cape)
DW Acc (TP cape - slowed, weakened, not haste capped, subbing dnc)
Enmity- Acc (-Enmity set)
Fast Cast Offensive MND
Fast Cast Offensive INT
Block Rate - /War or /Blu Apex AOE w/ Edge
Counter - part of 50% DT & 20% counter set

Illness... how about Doctor Eiryl keeps his diagnosis for himself and let me play how I wanna play.

Worry less about getting capes and worry more about getting some *** on your *** lmao
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2021-11-09 15:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Iamaman said: »

I think it'd be cool if they had some sort of job specific wardrobe, so when you swap jobs, the items linked to that wardrobe become accessible and visible. I think it'd solve the zoning issue, but I'm not sure if they are able to have a contextual inventory in the game or not. It'd also have to work so that you set the inventory sets in a specific place (e.g. MH), so it'd slow down MH entry and would kindof suck if the items would be inaccessible or not visible otherwise if you needed them and forgot to bring them over.

It might help with jobs that have next to 0 crossover in items, but could possibly be awkward otherwise. I can't think of many other options that don't require transferring item details every time you zone.

A simple JSE only inventory. Change jobs, boom all your JSE at their current upgrade are there. Could do necks, capes, and the various other job specific accessories available.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 19 20 21