Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 82 83 84 ... 129 130 131

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-18 10:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
lol, I'd like to see some evidence that farms in Michigan were forced to close by the state.
Ask and you shall receive.

But I can't wait for you to dismiss this outright because you hate the source, and you prefer a source that outright ignores it because it doesn't play into their narrative.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-18 10:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

kireek said: »
He didn't back down, that's what he said from the start.
Vic will ignore it because it doesn't fit his narrative (and thus, his version of reality).

Remember, this is a person who believes that the Senate Majority Leader can filibuster bills he brings to the floor.
By Viciouss 2020-04-18 10:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
lol, I'd like to see some evidence that farms in Michigan were forced to close by the state.

But I can't wait for you to dismiss this outright because you hate the source, and you prefer a source that outright ignores it because it doesn't play into their narrative.

There is nothing in your Federalist Blog that says Michigan closed farms. Also, thats the last Federalist Blog I will read.
By Viciouss 2020-04-18 10:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Vic will ignore it because it doesn't fit his narrative (and thus, his version of reality).

Remember, this is a person who believes that the Senate Majority Leader can filibuster bills he brings to the floor.

I've never said that, nice lie tho.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-18 10:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

There is nothing in your Federalist Blog that says Michigan closed farms. Also, thats the last Federalist Blog I will read.
Tell me this: How can farms operate without seeds and supplies to grow food?

Since, you know, you obviously didn't read the article because if you did, you would have saw that....
By Viciouss 2020-04-18 11:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

To remind everyone, Moscow Mitch filibustered a bill that the Democrats brought to the floor last week. Yes, it happened.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-18 11:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

To remind everyone, Moscow Mitch filibustered a bill that the Democrats brought to the floor last week. Yes, it happened.

Called it.

Proof that Vic lives in his own version of reality.
By Viciouss 2020-04-18 11:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Tell me this: How can farms operate without seeds and supplies to grow food?

Since, you know, you obviously didn't read the article because if you did, you would have saw that....

I'm not going into any "hypotheticals" with you. Its obvious you don't know how farms operate. So again, post an actual article that clearly states Michigan closed its farms down. Because that Federalist Blog didn't even come close.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-18 11:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The idea that farms are "closed" because you can't buy seeds at walmart is absolutely ludicrous.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-04-18 11:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Called it.

Proof that Vic lives in his own version of reality.

Called me being right? This isn't a fantasy, Moscow Mitch blocked Van Hollen's bill last week. You posted a link to it happening. Now you are trying to deny your own source? Feel free to try.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-18 11:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
The idea that farms are "closed" because you can't buy seeds at walmart is absolutely ludicrous.
Yeah, because how else are you going to produce with no supplies, right?

But I believe that you think that things just pop out of the ground by itself.

Want an XBox? Go to the wishing tree to get it!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-18 11:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
March 24, 2020 In accordance with Governor Whitmer’s “Stay Safe, Stay Home” executive order, EO 2020-21, effective March 24, 2020 through April 13, 2020, workers in Michigan’s food and agriculture sector who perform the work listed below constitute “critical infrastructure workers” under the order and may leave their homes to perform that work in-person as necessary.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-04-18 11:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

He literally just latched on to that one sentence and believes it closed down the farms.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-18 11:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Arguing just to argue like usual about propaganda he saw and latched onto it.

And the order that replaced 2020-21 (ending april 13th)

Executive Order 2020-42
Quote:
This order takes effect on April 9, 2020 at 11:59 pm and continues through April 30, 2020 at 11:59 pm. When this order takes effect, Executive Order 2020-21 is rescinded. All references to that order in other executive orders, agency rules, letters of understanding, or other legal authorities shall be taken to refer to this order.
Quote:
C. Food and Agriculture.

https://www.michigan.gov/whitmer/0,9309,7-387-90499_90705-525182--,00.html
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-18 11:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

And just for good measure. Salt on an open wound as it were.

The newest order; No. 2020-52

Quote:
Temporary extension of certain pesticide applicator certificates

Where the do you suppose they spread pesticides? I WONDER!?
By Viciouss 2020-04-18 11:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

But hey man, those farmers need those gardening seeds to grow those flowers!
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-18 12:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanna point something out for the wait for a vaccine people.

There is no guarantee we will ever get one, due to the nature of how a virus works it's really not so easy to do it.

We still have no vaccine for similar virus pandemics that happened 10-15 years ago.

True, but thats not the point.

There are 3 ways this ends;

1) A vaccine is made.

2) A proper, successful medical treatment is developed (no, the suspected "cure" is not a proper, reliable medical treatment, as it at best is only possibly effective in a minority of cases)

3) 70+% of the population has previously been infected, and is immune to further infection, assuming it doesnt mutate

There are 2 ways 3 goes;

3A) Everyone gets infected rapidly, hospitals cannot cope, death rates skyrocket out of control. This is why we dont have the vaccines for previous pandemics to cure them; we bungled our response and reopened.... and hundreds of thousands-millions died as a result, depending on the pandemic. This is why i keep telling you youre a *** moron and to shut the *** up, this is what youre pushing for.

3B) People properly distance and stay at home unless otherwise necessary; youre still looking at 6months - 1yr for all of this to pass over, but the death toll remains low, as people who need medical attention can actually receive the medical attention necessary. Its unlikely the death toll exceeds the tens of thousands at the worst with proper preventative steps if everyone takes them.

Whether or not the vaccine comes is irrelevant. These steps being taken are effective REGARDLESS. So shut the *** up, stay home, and wash your god damn hands.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-18 12:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Voren said: »
There is no guarantee we will ever get one, due to the nature of how a virus works it's really not so easy to do it.

Yeah this is true, but the roll-out to re-open the economy doesn't need to be a "let's open the doors and see what happens style" which is exactly what Oklahoma is going to get. The last governor we had that I respected at all was Frank Keating, our current one is more businessman than politician and doesn't know how to listen to the experts.

Point is, some people think the entire nation should be treated the same. That's idiocy. A mega city is different than a rural town.

The only difference is the cities get hit first. Right now, rural towns are being hit harder than cities because of this idiotic thinking that theyre somehow "different".
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-04-18 12:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I totally and completely agree with Nyaarun. Feels bad.

Everyone is concerned about their own finances and future, but this is a large scale issue effecting the entire world. If you killed one person in a manner you were liable, you'd lose a hell of a lot more money than you are right now. Why do you think you should be allowed to kill potentially dozens each to save 'the economy'?

Look at the cost of a wrongful death lawsuit. Now compare it to what you've lost in your stocks, employment, etc.. from coronavirus. The costs of self isolation may seem high, but in reality they're a reasonable price to pay for the amount of lives they save.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-18 12:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

For people who don't get why lockdown is so bad.

If you live in a nice house with a garden, or you are in the countryside it's np right?

What if you live in a small 1-2 bedroom flat in a high rise building, what if you live in a small house with 4 room mates, what if you have kids that are driving you crazy? Now imagine you have these things and you a) have no money saved b) are now out of work so could end up homeless c) are hungry.

Lockdowns don't affect everyone the same.

Imagine if we had an effective government that gave a proper response and gave everyone 2k/mo for 4 months minimum, and didnt have a waiting list saying "you might not get your stimulus check until september". Seems like the problem here isnt the lockdown, its the failure of an administration.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2020-04-18 12:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Peer reviewed study shows infection rate could be far higher than thought (with no symptoms), pushing mortality rate down to 0.12% to .2% in line with the flu.

https://www.newsweek.com/covid-19-coronavirus-antibodies-infection-higher-1498740

https://twitter.com/FareedZakaria/status/1251234185974558721

Quote:
The Stanford University study, which has not been peer reviewed yet

3rd sentence. No need to go any further.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-18 12:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Peer reviewed study shows infection rate could be far higher than thought (with no symptoms), pushing mortality rate down to 0.12% to .2% in line with the flu.

https://www.newsweek.com/covid-19-coronavirus-antibodies-infection-higher-1498740

https://twitter.com/FareedZakaria/status/1251234185974558721

Even if we take this at face value, and assume its mortality rate is, indeed, in line with the flu.... youre still missing the entire point. The death rate could be .0001%... and it would still be utterly crippling and a massive danger to world health in general just due to how infectious it is, and if youre suggesting its more infectious than previously thought, it makes it more dangerous, not less.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-18 12:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
For people who don't get why lockdown is so bad.

If you live in a nice house with a garden, or you are in the countryside it's np right?

What if you live in a small 1-2 bedroom flat in a high rise building, what if you live in a small house with 4 room mates, what if you have kids that are driving you crazy? Now imagine you have these things and you a) have no money saved b) are now out of work so could end up homeless c) are hungry.

Lockdowns don't affect everyone the same.

Imagine if we had an effective government that gave a proper response and gave everyone 2k/mo for 4 months minimum, and didnt have a waiting list saying "you might not get your stimulus check until september". Seems like the problem here isnt the lockdown, its the failure of an administration.

Now imagine you live in the real world, nobody has this. Anywhere.

Some US states have a basic form of UBI, and other countries have it as well. No need for a pandemic. Saying "no one has this" is just wrong.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-18 14:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

'Murica

This is exactly why AI will kill us all. Save humans from humans.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-18 15:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like that is the best support you could give communism, really.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2020-04-18 15:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

NO PARKING THERE ON TUESDAY FROM 2PM-11PM??
WHAT KINDA FREEDOM IS THAT?!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 82 83 84 ... 129 130 131