Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 80 81 82 ... 129 130 131
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-17 15:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Today: FREEDOM!

Tomorrow: Death toll rises into the 10s of thousands as your loved ones drop like flies.

Such freedom.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-17 15:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
why I am not surprised you are ignoring Moscow Mitch's filibuster?
And it's this sentence right here that absolutely proves that you do not know what you are talking about.

You are accusing the man who singlehandedly handles all bills brought into the Senate floor and decides which ones get discussed and which ones get shelved (you know, the Reid maneuver), of filibustering bills.

He would never filibuster bills he personally brings into the floor. If there is a bill he doesn't want to be voted or debated on, he would just never bring it up at all. Reid was the one who did that the most, and he was the previous Speaker until the Republicans got back the Senate from his clammy hands.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Leosin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Leosin
By Lakshmi.Leosin 2020-04-17 15:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

kireek said: »
Lakshmi.Leosin said: »
extremists squawking their regurgitated stance

There is nothing extreme about what I said, at all. You just hate when people don't agree with what you want.

Well this wasn't directed at you, but you definitely proved the point I was trying to make to him.

Don't take things so personally Kireek.
By Viciouss 2020-04-17 15:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
why I am not surprised you are ignoring Moscow Mitch's filibuster?
And it's this sentence right here that absolutely proves that you do not know what you are talking about.

You are accusing the man who singlehandedly handles all bills brought into the Senate floor and decides which ones get discussed and which ones get shelved (you know, the Reid maneuver), of filibustering bills.

He would never filibuster bills he personally brings into the floor. If there is a bill he doesn't want to be voted or debated on, he would just never bring it up at all. Reid was the one who did that the most, and he was the previous Speaker until the Republicans got back the Senate from his clammy hands.

lol, this is so easy. Yes, Moscow Mitch blocked a UC request from the Dems to pass their Interim Relief Act. The transcript of him objecting is on the government website. So yes, Moscow Mitch filibustered the Dem bill that they brought for a vote. Just like that.
By Viciouss 2020-04-17 15:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

All those bold and underline clicks just to be completely wrong lol. Any senator can as for a UC vote while they have control of the floor, which is exactly what the Dems did. They brought their bill to the floor for a vote, Moscow Mitch objected, had he not, it would have passed right there.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-17 16:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

All those bold and underline clicks just to be completely wrong lol. Any senator can as for a UC vote while they have control of the floor, which is exactly what the Dems did. They brought their bill to the floor for a vote, Moscow Mitch objected, had he not, it would have passed right there.
You already proven that you don't know anything about Senate procedure. So, don't look at me when nobody believes a word coming out of your...computer screen.

I'm still waiting on your answer to my rhetorical? Why are you so afraid to answer it?

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-17 16:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

We've been doing it for 200 years with Mexicans, welcome to the party

Would you rather the food rot in the ground? Yay capitalism. It's cheaper to pay for Romanian slaves that are disposable.

Yeah that sounds harsh when you say it out loud, the truth isn't pretty.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-04-17 16:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You already proven that you don't know anything about Senate procedure. So, don't look at me when nobody believes a word coming out of your...computer screen.

I'm still waiting on your answer to my rhetorical? Why are you so afraid to answer it?

lol, I proved you wrong (again) and this is all you could come up with? Moscow Mitch filibustered the Dem bill, yes, it happened. He cannot stop any Senator from bringing a bill to the floor via a UC request. All he can do is object, which he did. But that didn't stop the bill from being brought to the floor. Just because you don't believe it, doesn't change the facts. See? I can bold and underline too.

And I already told you, I didn't waste my time reading your "example" because it wasn't relevant. I'm not going back and reading it because your still going to be wrong. The Politico article wasn't dishonest at all. Rural states are seeing a spike in cases. South Dakota specifically is seeing a spike in cases. I don't have to answer your "rhetorical questions."
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-17 17:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

He cannot stop any Senator from bringing a bill to the floor via a UC request. All he can do is object, which he did. But that didn't stop the bill from being brought to the floor. Just because you don't believe it, doesn't change the facts. See? I can bold and underline too.
He cannot stop anyone from introducing the bill, but he still sets the timeline on how it is debated and voted on.

But keep believing in your fantasy. Maybe one day it will be true!

And I already told you, I didn't waste my time reading your "example" because it wasn't relevant. I'm not going back and reading it because your still going to be wrong. The Politico article wasn't dishonest at all. Rural states are seeing a spike in cases. South Dakota specifically is seeing a spike in cases. I don't have to answer your "rhetorical questions."
How many cases were there in that "spike"? Can you answer that, or are you going to ignore that question too?
 Phoenix.Thorbean
Server: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2020-04-17 17:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
The UK is flying in 100s of people from Romania to pick vegetables and fruits because noone in the UK will do it. What will we do when we're out of the EU?

We're already out. If people won't do the work, then the work doesn't pay enough or the conditions/timescale aren't suitable for the way your society works and you need to invest in better automation. It's hard to survive on those jobs and pick fruit for the same wage as people who are willing to live 20 to a house with minimal services or benefits.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-17 18:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Pray for Florida. Opened the beaches and idiots flooded outside.
By Viciouss 2020-04-17 18:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

He cannot stop any Senator from bringing a bill to the floor via a UC request. All he can do is object, which he did. But that didn't stop the bill from being brought to the floor. Just because you don't believe it, doesn't change the facts. See? I can bold and underline too.
He cannot stop anyone from introducing the bill, but he still sets the timeline on how it is debated and voted on.

But keep believing in your fantasy. Maybe one day it will be true!

lol, this remains very easy. Any senator can ask for a UC vote on any bill as long as they have been recognized by the presiding officer (which in this case, was Senator Roy Blunt). When Van Hollen asked for UC on the Interim Relief Act, if there hadn't of been an objection by Moscow Mitch, it would have passed the Senate right then and there. Its not a fantasy, its exactly what happened. You have no case, no point to make. It happened.

And no, I don't have to answer any of your "questions," because the fact remains, the rural states are seeing a spike in cases. Just because you don't like it, doesn't make the reporting "dishonest."
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-17 18:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you honestly think immigration law has absolutely any affect whatsoever on migrant workers?

Have to assume you do, since you think something will change lol. But You can rest assured nothing will change. You'll just have more hypocrites complaining about it now.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
Server: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2020-04-17 18:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

If people won't do it for minimum wage then you need to pay more than minimum wage.

There's no shortage of sewerage plant workers, or bin men. No shortage of road sweepers or council workers. If people in the country are willing to shovel mountains of human turds I'm fairly certain people will be willing to pick fruit and veg if you pay them right and offer some kind of stability in employment.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-17 18:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

There's less profit margin paying more than slaves will do it for. NEVER going to pay more than the lowest someone will do it for.

Back on that topic somehow. It's only loosely related to covid.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-17 18:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Wife found this on Facebook. It gives clear guidelines that make perfect sense.

Quote:
Here are the official Coronavirus guidelines:

1. Basically, you can't leave the house for any reason, but if you have to, then you can.

2. Masks are useless, but maybe you have to wear one, it can save you, it is useless, but maybe it is mandatory as well.

3. Stores are closed, except those that are open.

4. You should not go to hospitals unless you have to go there. Same applies to doctors, you should only go there in case of emergency, provided you are not too sick.

5. This virus is deadly but still not too scary, except that sometimes it actually leads to a global disaster.

6. Gloves won't help, but they can still help.

7. Everyone needs to stay HOME, but it's important to GO OUT.

8. There is no shortage of groceries in the supermarket, but there are many things missing when you go there in the evening, but not in the morning. Sometimes.

9. The virus has no effect on children except those it affects.

10. Animals are not affected, but there is still a cat that tested positive in Belgium in February when no one had been tested, plus a few tigers here and there…

11. You will have many symptoms when you are sick, but you can also get sick without symptoms, have symptoms without being sick, or be contagious without having symptoms.

12. In order not to get sick, you have to eat well and exercise, but eat whatever you have on hand so you don't have to go out.

13. It's better to get some fresh air and exercise but don't play on any playground equipment and don't play ball especially not with your kids.

14. You can't go to retirement homes, but you have to take care of the elderly and bring food and medication.

15. If you are sick, you can't go out, but you can go to the pharmacy.

16. You can get restaurant food delivered to the house, which may have been prepared by people who didn't wear masks or gloves. But you have to have your groceries decontaminated outside for 3 hours.

17. You can't see your older mother or grandmother, but you can take a taxi and meet an older taxi driver.

18. You are safe if you maintain the appropriate social distance, but you can’t go out with friends or strangers at the safe social distance.

19. The virus remains active on different surfaces for 2-6 hours, or maybe a couple of days. It doesn't stay in the air except for when it does but only within a 6 ft radius unless it goes further.

20. We should stay locked up until the virus disappears, but it will only disappear if we achieve collective immunity, or until we find a treatment that works and we found a treatment that is working but we don't know if it works.

I hope that clears things up for everyone.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-17 19:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-04-17 21:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Robotics for picking fruits and vegetables would be very complex to design and would not be cost effective vs cheap labour for a number of reasons....
Hello??? Are you living in this 21st century? Robot fruit pickers* are here now. Farmers have been trellising apple trees here in the other Washington for 20+ years in anticipation for this.

[+]
By abknight 2020-04-17 23:16:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I suspect the vast majority of people demanding that things stay locked down are people who pay little or no taxes, many probably don’t work at all and already collect welfare checks, so now they’re hoping to benefit from this overblown nothing for as long as possible. They’re so shortsighted that they’d see the world economy be ruined so they can collect a measly few thousand bucks which they’ll immediately blow on iPhones and bootleg adderall.

If you’re elderly or immunocompromised then you’re probably already not working, so you should stay quarantined for as long as you want. We should not drag the 10% of the population that pays for everything down with the weaklings who rely on the 10% to support them full-time. Let daddy go back to work to fund your bad life choices.
By Viciouss 2020-04-17 23:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

lol?
By Voren 2020-04-18 01:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

abknight said: »
I suspect the vast majority of people demanding that things stay locked down are people who pay little or no taxes, many probably don’t work at all and already collect welfare checks, so now they’re hoping to benefit from this overblown nothing for as long as possible. They’re so shortsighted that they’d see the world economy be ruined so they can collect a measly few thousand bucks which they’ll immediately blow on iPhones and bootleg adderall.

If you’re elderly or immunocompromised then you’re probably already not working, so you should stay quarantined for as long as you want. We should not drag the 10% of the population that pays for everything down with the weaklings who rely on the 10% to support them full-time. Let daddy go back to work to fund your bad life choices.

Wow, that's a lot of garbage. Ok, so there's people working and paying taxes that fully support a lockdown. Limiting exposure and not overburdening our hospitals would be a wise move.

Elderly and immune compromised people may stay in doors, but you fail to realize (like Sweden did) that someone has to take them food/medicine/supplies/etc, and those people are subject to being contaminated and passing along this highly communicable and deadly disease WITHOUT EVEN KNOWING THEY HAVE IT. So, again, limiting the amount of ignorant people running around isn't a bad idea.

There's also people working in the health field that are immune compromised. I know RN's that have had cancer and their immune system is shot due to chemo treatments. They're in remission, but their immune system is still screwed. They would be ok had their been enough PPE for everyone. I'm not immune compromised, but my wife is. She's in school, I'm essential/critical and thus I'm concerned I may give something to her.

Basically everything you posted isn't just incorrect, it's plain ignorant and easily refutable. The curve is flattening, but it's not down enough to completely stop certain measures other than just washing your hands.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-18 01:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Most people are probably preying they were there.

Id like to think most people arent HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE enough to want to go out to the beach at a time like this, but im often proven wrong.
[+]
By Voren 2020-04-18 02:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »

Most people are probably preying they were there.

Id like to think most people arent HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE enough to want to go out to the beach at a time like this, but im often proven wrong.

People still packed beaches in Florida and California a few weeks ago when "the Rona" was just starting to ramp up.

People are exactly that piss-ignorant.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 80 81 82 ... 129 130 131