Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 79 80 81 ... 129 130 131
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-17 14:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

kireek said: »
Texas governor vows to issue an executive order to end state's lockdown and help residents 'get back into the workforce'

https://www.insider.com/texas-vows-to-lift-lockdown-and-reopen-businesses-amid-coronavirus-2020-4

"Texas governor is a total *** tool and needs to be kicked out of office"

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-17 14:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
It's not "dishonest reporting" to say that South Dakota had a 260% increase in cases. It happened. The report is accurate.
It's dishonest to say 260% when you went from 50 cases to 130 cases.

It's misleading, and nowhere in that article does it show actual data, like the number of cases so far in South Dakota.

Protip: There are just as many cases in Travis County than there are in the entire state of South Dakota.

Hmm,seems like you just don't like them using the actual percentage. Too bad that doesn't make it dishonest, nor misleading.

Anyways, now that we are seeing a spike in cases in the Midwestern rural states, the country is going to start feeling a different problem. Thats where the food is at. Meat plants are already shutting down, shortages could become a real issue. Trump said yesterday these states could be among the first to reopen, despite it actually getting worse there. No state is "close" to reopening. No matter how much Trump wishes it.
Besides your obvious cheerleading for death, it is misleading.

Here's an example for you:

A car hits an 18 wheeler by making an illegal left turn into the tractor trailer, killing all 4 family members inside the car.

Source A: "18 wheeler involved in death of entire family"
Source B: "Reckless driving involves an entire family's demise with an 18 wheeler."

Let me ask you this: Do either of those 2 headlines gives you tells you that it was the driver of the car's fault, or does it make you think that the death of the family was because of the truck driver?
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-04-17 14:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not "dishonest reporting" to say that South Dakota had a 260% increase in cases. It happened. The report is accurate.

It's misleading, and nowhere in that article does it show actual data, like the number of cases so far in South Dakota.

Protip: There are just as many cases in Travis County than there are in the entire state of South Dakota.

Hmm,seems like you just don't like them using the actual percentage. Too bad that doesn't make it dishonest, nor misleading.

Anyways, now that we are seeing a spike in cases in the Midwestern rural states, the country is going to start feeling a different problem. Thats where the food is at. Meat plants are already shutting down, shortages could become a real issue. Trump said yesterday these states could be among the first to reopen, despite it actually getting worse there. No state is "close" to reopening. No matter how much Trump wishes it.

Oh so now you are abandoning the "dishonest" line and just trying for "misleading?" Keep it up, I'm sure you will get here eventually.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-17 14:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Thorbean said: »
Going from 50 to 130 is a 160% increase, not 260%.

Its completely unclear where KN got his numbers from, as SD has over 1,000 cases.
Actually, that's an example. Yeah, I should have said 180, I mathed wrong again.

But the example still is valid, and the article is actually talking about a bump of ~80 cases in one day, which lead to the so-called 260% increase.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-17 14:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh so now you are abandoning the "dishonest" line and just trying for "misleading?" Keep it up, I'm sure you will get here eventually.
I'm waiting for "You lie!" retort you love to give out.

Also, why don't you answer my rhetorical question? Or are you afraid of backing your own presumption into a corner, again?
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-17 14:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Texas governor vows to issue an executive order to end state's lockdown and help residents 'get back into the workforce'

https://www.insider.com/texas-vows-to-lift-lockdown-and-reopen-businesses-amid-coronavirus-2020-4

The people of Texas will have that opportunity, I would bet good money they won't though.

Because the average american has the IQ of a gnat, and keep proving to me they are dumber than i give them any credit for at this point.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-17 14:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm glad you have zero say in what my governor does or if he remains in office.

But I wouldn't be surprised if you demean him because he sits down all the time.

wait for it...
By Viciouss 2020-04-17 14:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Because I didn't read your "example." Don't need to, I read the politico article Chanti posted, it wasn't dishonest nor misleading. Rural states are seeing a spike in cases, South Dakota had a 260% increase in cases at the time of its publishing. You don't like them using that number. Oh well.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-17 14:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The people of Texas will have that opportunity, I would bet good money they won't though.

Because the average american has the IQ of a gnat, and keep proving to me they are dumber than i give them any credit for at this point.
And, yet, we are richer and more prosperous than you probably are.

Hell, Texas alone is richer than 185 countries on this planet.

But obviously because we are dumb, right?
By Viciouss 2020-04-17 14:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

This is actually true, Abbot is an idiot, and has been leading from behind during this entire crisis. I'm sure he will try to live up to his latest boast by opening state parks or some ***. But Texas is nowhere near the end of this.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-17 14:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Because I didn't read your "example." Don't need to, I read the politico article Chanti posted, it wasn't dishonest nor misleading. Rural states are seeing a spike in cases, South Dakota had a 260% increase in cases at the time of its publishing. You don't like them using that number. Oh well.
Going from 30 cases/day for the entire state to 108 cases/day is what is dishonest and misleading.

Again, why don't you answer my rhetorical?

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-17 14:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

This is actually true, Abbot is an idiot, and has been leading from behind during this entire crisis. I'm sure he will try to live up to his latest boast by opening state parks or some ***. But Texas is nowhere near the end of this.
Keeping this quote for when Texas is one of the first states to open completely, just to show how wrong Vic is....again.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-17 14:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

No one has been leading this entire crisis. The ones currently doing a good job arent doing a good job informing people what they are doing and why, and are generally being drowned out by others doing a poor job. The people need to come together to lead themselves, but arent ever going to do that because theyre fine waiting for the government to get their ***together and tell them what to do, and only if daddy government tells them what they want to hear.
By Viciouss 2020-04-17 14:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Keeping this quote for when Texas is one of the first states to open completely, just to show how wrong Vic is....again.

lol, kinda like how you were completely wrong about Moscow Mitch bringing S 3554 to the floor? Hint: He didn't. He brought an amendment to the Cares Act.

But yeah, keep that quote and remember how Texas, which has added 6,000 cases in 6 days, is somehow gonna be one of the first to "reopen."
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-17 15:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, kinda like how you were completely wrong about Moscow Mitch bringing S 3554 to the floor? Hint: He didn't. He brought an amendment to the Cares Act.

But yeah, keep that quote and remember how Texas, which has added 6,000 cases in 6 days, is somehow gonna be one of the first to "reopen."

Oh, i dont doubt theyll be the first to "reopen"... theyll also be the first to "reclose" when they realize the bodies are piling up faster than they can handle.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-17 15:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You talking about what was discussed on the floor on Tuesday, then the democrats summarily blocked?

Yeah, that's right, it's now the liberals/democrats who are blocking passage to aid to the US right now. Can't blame any of this on the Republicans.
 Lakshmi.Leosin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Leosin
By Lakshmi.Leosin 2020-04-17 15:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bizniztyme said: »
At this point, you really need to stop posting. You have no idea what youre talking about, and it shows.

Nope.

Then just remember; YOU are the cause of deaths. You are the reason you wake up in the morning and see on the news every single person that has died that morning is now dead. You and your views are directly causing this. I hope you are happy and proud that you have killed more people with your *** than have died in recent wars.

The idiot has been going about this for weeks. He does't give a ***about people dying. He only cares about how this is inconveniencing him. We can't fix stupid as people would put it.

@Nyaarun - That's a bit too extreme. Kireek is quite the PITA, but he is right about this just being a discussion on a forum.
I do understand the root of what you re getting at though, that way of thinking is dangerous and as ignorant as can be. Opinions are just that and should be taken with a grain of salt, but constant insistence of those opinions being broadcast ad nauseam is just how some people are. Mind you, that isn't limited to conservatives at all, but more often than not it's just the extremists squawking their regurgitated stance and if you don't conform or agree to what they say or how they think you'll immediately get categorized and written off as an enemy/(insert label here). Then you'll be lumped in and generalized as part of that category.

Put it this way:
Imagine driving in your car. This is your perception.
Anyone driving faster or more erratic than you = Insane.
Anyone driving slower than you = Idiot. (RIP Carlin)
Now apply a ***ton more variables and a huge helping of political vomit = P+R.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-17 15:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, i dont doubt theyll be the first to "reopen"... theyll also be the first to "reclose" when they realize the bodies are piling up faster than they can handle.
Obviously you didn't even read the article you quoted.

Soft reopening starting next Friday. It looks like even more will reopen on April 27th.

But you continue to hope for people to die. Go for it, I support your ability to freely make your opinion.
By Viciouss 2020-04-17 15:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

You talking about what was discussed on the floor on Tuesday, then the democrats summarily blocked?

Yeah, that's right, it's now the liberals/democrats who are blocking passage to aid to the US right now. Can't blame any of this on the Republicans.

Can actually blame it all on Moscow Mitch for blocking the Democrats' Interim Relief Act. Right after he got fact checked in real time by Cardin. See how easy that was?

Also, the mayor of Austin extended the shelter in place order until May 8th. So, regardless of what our idiot Governor says, nothing is changing in Austin.
By Viciouss 2020-04-17 15:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

But you continue to hope for people to die.

Ah yes, the classic *** where KN makes up other people's beliefs. Still just as amusing. Still always wrong.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-17 15:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, i know its not limited to conservatives; real, actual conservatism doesnt exist in the public sphere in the US anymore. Any REAL conservative would understand "personal responsibility" is not "pick yourself up by your bootstraps and do everything yourself", especially with all the other tenants of conservatism, such as duty to your countrymen and neighbor. Which would mean any REAL conservative would be staying home to keep their fellow people safe.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-17 15:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Can actually blame it all on Moscow Mitch for blocking the Democrats' Interim Relief Act. Right after he got fact checked in real time by Cardin. See how easy that was?

Also, the mayor of Austin extended the shelter in place order until May 8th. So, regardless of what our idiot Governor says, nothing is changing in Austin.
And you will blame Trump if you stub your toe tonight. So why am I not surprised that you are blaming the democrat filibuster on McConnell?

And what your city does is your business, not mine.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2020-04-17 15:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

And you will blame Trump if you stub your toe tonight. So why am I not surprised that you are blaming the democrat filibuster on McConnell?

And what your city does is your business, not mine.

Uh huh, why I am not surprised you are ignoring Moscow Mitch's filibuster? Its all good tho, Schumer and Mnuchin are talking right now, and Moscow Mitch has been completely cut out of the talks. His attempt to jam the Dems will end up in the Dems and WH coming to an agreement and leave him with all the pressure to pass the relief. This was of course, always going to be the result, despite his (and your) spin.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-17 15:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Leosin said: »
extremists squawking their regurgitated stance

There is nothing extreme about what I said, at all. You just hate when people don't agree with what you want.

We hate it when morons get people killed out of their own ignorance.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-17 15:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as "who is screwing who", both dems and republicans *** us.

The one time you could literally just take trumps words and put it to paper, and have something half decent, democrats said "no, we want some restrictions", then republicans went "oh yes, that sounds great, we want more"

Trumps a failure, there is no reasonable argument against this. But neither side in congress is doing anything for the american public, and the few that are have to make massive concessions just to get *anything* through.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 79 80 81 ... 129 130 131