Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 76 77 78 ... 129 130 131
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-16 19:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I didnt say EVERY

ya'll seriously need to stop putting words that aren't *** there, I mean seriously.

You just make ***up as you go. and inject words where ever you feel like. What's it like to lose arguments in your own head with words that don't even exist?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-16 20:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The death rate is absolutely 30%. Those 600,000 open cases right now? Oh yeah 200,000 of them are DEFINITELY going to die. Totally. Unquestionably.

And if they don't say those 200,000 died, they lied about it. You betcha.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-04-16 20:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
The death rate is absolutely 30%. Those 600,000 open cases right now? Oh yeah 200,000 of them are DEFINITELY going to die. Totally. Unquestionably.

And if they don't say those 200,000 died, they lied about it. You betcha.
I would never say that because:
Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
You guys need to realize, the data is still evolving. You can't honestly look at the data until after everything settles, because the data in real time changes...in real time.
I agree. In the US, right now, the mortality rate is 35% on closed cases. However, that number will change. Hopefully, it becomes much smaller.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-16 20:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

It won't though because the totally accurate data says 35% die.

Clearly that must scale to all open cases. That's how it works.

All open cases must close, and when a case closes it has 35% death rate. Can't argue that logic.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-04-16 20:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It won't though because the totally accurate data says 35% die.

Clearly that must scale to all open cases. That's how it works.

All open cases must close, and when a case closes it has 35% death rate. Can't argue that logic.
No one ever said that this MUST SCALE to all cases. Never. Draugo was the first one to mention that over 30% of closed cases had died. All the people arguing against that could have just replied "wow man, that's pretty sad." But it seems people here are just too delicate and afraid of real numbers.
You don't see nuance. If someone says "the numbers to date are" you assume they are saying "this pattern will with 100% certainty keep going." No one ever said that. Then you accuse others of putting words in your mouth.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-16 20:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So you think that 200,000 of the 600,000 won't die? I wonder how many of them will recover. I wonder how many are already recovered and not reported.

Nah that can't be true there are definitely 600,000 in hospital beds right now. 200,000 of them are already dead they just don't know it yet.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-04-16 20:29:43
Link | Quote | Reply

So you think that 200,000 of the 600,000 won't die? I wonder how many of them will recover. I wonder how many are already recovered and not reported.

Nah that can't be true there are definitely 600,000 in hospital beds right now.
What's wrong with you? I'm literally here telling you that I KNOW the final mortality rate will not be 35%. I quoted myself saying days ago these numbers will change. But you can't accept it. I think you spend too much on your computer. Please, have a real life conversation with a human. You can't talk to anyone face to face right now, but use a phone or skype or zoom.
I'm not a robot. I don't only see ones and zeros. The mortality rate is 35% NOW, but it can be a different number later. Two things can be true.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-16 20:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You started the argument

You think 600,000 people have covid right now and are in hospital beds because thats how many cases are open.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-04-16 20:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You started the argument

You think 600,000 people have covid right now and are in hospital beds because thats how many cases are open.
Do you talk like this with your buddies? Like, if you're chilling having a beer and wings with some friends and one of them would say that 35% of current closed cases have died, would you flip out like this and tell him HE MUST BELIEVE that 200k people are about to die in 3 weeks just because he said that? 'Cause man, if you do talk that way, you must not get invited out for beer and wings often.

Edit
PS: I only "started the argument" because you said people who die will die quickly and people who recover take long. And that statement was false. But I simply told you "that's patently false." I never started telling you that you must believe "something something."
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-04-16 20:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

You think
Here is your problem. Jean Grey....
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-16 20:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't say they will die quickly. I said they will die faster than recover. See you just admitted you made ***up. To fit your argument that you made up in your head then brought it here.

It goes without saying (it should) that people will die faster than recover, so yeah, closed cases resulting in death spike at the beginning and level out over time.

It takes at least two entire weeks to close a case once it's opened as a recovery. It can take 5 seconds if they die. because deaths are immediately marked as "closed, dead". There are no tests verifying you no longer have the virus and have recovered (yet!). Those 300,000 at least are still open. (300k is ambitious as of this second, but not a month from now when it actually happens)

"Closed, recovered" are only those that were in the hospital and were discharged. Not people who tested positive and were sent home for 14 days. When they have time and ability to antibody test those people the numbers will be accurate. (and fill out forms officially stating this patient had but no longer has Covid-19)
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-16 20:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

kireek said: »
Most western people and governments are so afraid of the racism bogeyman they will do nothing about China (the stuff they do is almost nazi level badguy right now), all it takes is some CCP shills to say "oh you don't like China, are you ........racist?" and it's ogre.

On the positive side there are a few world leaders that don't care about being politically correct so maybe.

They really cant do anything about china because they did the exact same thing and *** over their own countries, and trying to actively call out the chinese government will just have them turn around and do the same to them.

The chinese government covered up the virus and caused it to become widespread in china... but every western country knew of the virus and how rapidly it spread by january *at the latest*. The US had medical professionals stating we needed to start planning to quarantine and shut down as early as february. Yet in march, we had the dumbass president of the US say everything is fine, there are only 15 cases and soon it will be 0. Business as usual. Its all fine.

It is stupid to place blame at the foot of the chinese government when the western nations did the exact. same. thing. Only a handful of governments responded properly.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-04-16 20:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
You guys need to realize, the data is still evolving. You can't honestly look at the data until after everything settles, because the data in real time changes...in real time.
I agree. In the US, right now, the mortality rate is 35% on closed cases. However, that number will change. Hopefully, it becomes much smaller.
Literally all I was pointing out. It will change. But yes currently it is 35%. Pending cases cannot be counted, they are pending.

Our track record currently is 65% success rate.
Tell me again what you think I think, I think this ***is severe. I think Worldwide having a 20% death rate is a big deal, This has been going on for months around the world at various stages of out breaks.

I think at this time, those numbers are alarming....
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-16 20:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It's alarming to you because you don't understand what an open case means. It means they haven't been tested with a test that doesn't exist yet to verify they have recovered.

Every positive test - becomes open.
Every death - becomes closed.
Every person who tested positive but hasn't been verified as a recovery yet even months ago = still open.

They will catch up eventually and you'll see that 35% become 30% 25% 20% 10% 5%
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-04-16 20:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

How is this:
I said they will die faster than recover. See you just admitted you made ***up. To fit your argument that you made up in your head then brought it here.

It goes without saying (it should) that people will die faster than recover, so yeah, closed cases resulting in death spike at the beginning and level out over time.

It takes at least two entire weeks to close a case once it's opened as a recovery. It can take 5 seconds if they die. because deaths are immediately marked as "closed, dead". )

...different from this:
you said people who die will die quickly and people who recover take long.
Also, dying doesn't take 5 seconds if you start counting from when a person is first infected. Also, recovering too is counted from when a person is first infected. Both take about 3-4 weeks on average.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-16 21:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Because you HAVE to wait the minimum amount of time to report a closed, recovered

But you don't have to wait at all to report a closed, dead

The data is no less than two weeks disparity. That's what I mean by "faster"
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-04-16 21:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

3-4 weeks average for the case to come to full conclusion, this ***has been globe hopping for 6 months or more, and these are the totals thus far.... Seriously, stop bullshitting yourself.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-16 21:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Every person who tested positive but hasn't been verified as a recovery yet even months ago = still open.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-04-16 21:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

yawn, you are arguing for the sake of arguing, no one said that the numbers wont change, the record stands as it currently stands.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-16 21:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It "stands" at what it is because it's impossible to be accurate.

You're worried about inaccurate numbers because you don't understand that fact.

Deaths are reported quicker than recoveries. That's just the way it is.

Not because I want it to be. Not because that's my opinion on it. It just is.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-04-16 21:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, but, I never disagreed with this. I literally said that the numbers would change in time.
I agree with this statement, but I disagree with the psychotic way in which you delivered it.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-16 21:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not my fault you misunderstood/misread/misinterpreted/made ***up

You just needed to dive in head first to something you thought was wrong.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-04-16 21:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not my fault you misunderstood/misread/misinterpreted/made ***up

You just needed to dive in head first to something you thought was wrong.
You're the one who said I believed 200k people were going to die in 3 weeks... Whatever, like i said. Keep talking like this to people and you will be very lonely.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-16 21:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I got to make ***up after you made ***up, dats da rulez.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-04-16 21:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I got to make ***up after you made ***up, dats da rulez.
Happy now?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-16 21:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ecstatic

The best part is someone will unironically quote me on the next page not knowing what sarcasm is. Then I'll be in double ecstasy.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-04-16 21:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You seriously don't know when to stop.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-16 21:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The actual mortality rate of the virus is irrelevant beyond the fact that it is severely debilitating, and potentially lethal. Even if it has only a 1% fatality rate, because of how easily it spreads its mortality rate will skyrocket out of control due to the advantages of modern medicine and medical science being unable to keep up with demand. Other medical needs dont suddenly stop because corona exists, and you lose a ***ton of space and medical supplies dealing with something this contagious, so it is very easy to see mortality rates in general balloon out of proportion, especially given the utter failure of a response governments have been issuing.

Theres no point in debating the fatality rate of covid. Its inherent death rate completely misses the point as to why its a near worst case scenario disease.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Voren 2020-04-17 01:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

kireek said: »
Most people want to be treated as adults, they know the social distancing rules and they don't want to waste their lives under house arrest.

March 19th:

https://q13fox.com/2020/03/19/despite-statewide-restrictions-many-flock-to-alki-beach-during-coronavirus-pandemic/

April 1st:
https://www.businessinsider.com/popular-spring-break-destinations-respond-to-the-coronavirus-pandemic-2020

It's slacked off some now, but the damage was done. Just because people know what a rule of survival is, doesn't mean they'll listen to it when they want to do something else.

Desire > survival every time.
First Page 2 3 ... 76 77 78 ... 129 130 131