Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 107 108 109 ... 129 130 131
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2020-05-07 15:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
I think we have hit a new low in Soraishin. Denying the existence of covid-19. Not even kireek or absknight was that stupid.

You're visible anger and shaming language only go to show your cognitive dissonance. Flu season is over, nobody is sick. Time to reopen the economy because they can't pretend people are sick anymore. Let me know how quarantine in 2021 is while i'm eating Chinese food at the China Wok next week. Say it with me kid, NOTHINGBURGER
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2020-05-07 15:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Soraishin said: »

Read the article, theres no republicans in the picture, and the article is a poll based on nothing, which his argument is based on, a big nothingburger, use that head boy

The article was nice enough to bullet the highlights. Here, I will copypasta for you, since you just looked at the picture.

Quote:
A YouGov and Yahoo News survey published on Monday found that 60% of Americans oppose the ongoing protests, with just 22% supporting the demonstrations and 18% who said they were unsure.

Even among Republicans, a plurality of 47% opposed the protests compared to 36% who support them.

In the poll, a resounding 71% of respondents were more concerned about lifting coronavirus restrictions too quickly compared to 27% who were more concerned about re-opening too slowly.

I'll be kind enough to remind you where the "polls" came from, YouGov and YahooNews, both websites did not disclose who or where they did the polls at, probably online in the comment section. It's not a credible poll, its not a credible story, its literally facts I don't like but you'll defend it to appear angry instead of embarrassed lol

Uh, this is your source, not mine. You posted it. I don't need to "defend" anything. Did you really just want us to look at the picture and believe you?

Seems you really can't read, your boyfriend brought this up as his argument for republicans being against reopening the economy but as i showed, its based on two random polls that can't be proven or sourced lol, its facts I don't like literally looking at you in the face and you think you're having a "ah ha!" moment lol
By Viciouss 2020-05-07 15:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we have hit a new low in Soraishin. Denying the existence of covid-19. Not even kireek or absknight was that stupid.

You're visible anger and shaming language only go to show your cognitive dissonance. Flu season is over, nobody is sick. Time to reopen the economy because they can't pretend people are sick anymore. Let me know how quarantine in 2021 is while i'm eating Chinese food at the China Wok next week. Say it with me kid, NOTHINGBURGER

ok nausi.

Also, yes, every poll tells us how its performed, and the poll you posted is no different. Again, I'll copypaste for you.

Quote:
The Yahoo! News survey was conducted by YouGov using a nationally representative sample of 1,597 U.S. adult residents interviewed online between April 17-19, 2020. This sample was weighted according to gender, age, race, and education. Respondents were selected from YouGov’s opt-in panel to be representative of all U.S residents. The margin of error is approximately 3.0 percent.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2020-05-07 15:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

ok nausi.

Also, yes, every poll tells us how its performed, and the poll you posted is no different. Again, I'll copypaste for you.

Quote:
The Yahoo! News survey was conducted by YouGov using a nationally representative sample of 1,597 U.S. adult residents interviewed online between April 17-19, 2020. This sample was weighted according to gender, age, race, and education. Respondents were selected from YouGov’s opt-in panel to be representative of all U.S residents. The margin of error is approximately 3.0 percent.

Interviewed Online, you just proved my point. Text book unprovable claim, jesus its like you're trying to show us how much you don't think
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-05-07 15:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Draylo said: »
So glad this is almost over, the reopening is almost here!

....? "Almost over?" This is going to be a problem until 2021 unless we develop a vaccine multiple times faster than we have in human history, or develop a working treatment/cure. If we do neither, it could be a problem up til potentially 2023, given the US has had pandemics lasting multiple years that completely crippled it. This should be unlikely, given the medical advances, but there is precedent.
A treatment exists. But we can't use it because Trump talked about it.

Uh no there is no cure for covid-19.
Look up the 65000 people in Italy who were on HQC for Lupus and Arthritis. Of all of them, only 20 people contracted SARS-Cov2. None of them ended up in the ICU. Compared to the rest of the population, that's a 90% reduction.
And in 2017, the WHO published a paper on HQC said that although HQC does change your heartbeat and that could be risky, hundreds of millions of doses of that drug have been administered since it was invented and not one person has ever died of heart issues from taking the drug.
Therefore it's safe and effective. But Trump talked about it, so now the WHO and CDC are saying it's bad for your heart and ineffective. All the studies that showed HQC worked for SARS-Cov2 also included Zinc. All the "studies" being performed now in the USA are omitting the use of zinc and claiming the drug doesn't work.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-07 15:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

....? "Almost over?" This is going to be a problem until 2021 unless we develop a vaccine multiple times faster than we have in human history, or develop a working treatment/cure. If we do neither, it could be a problem up til potentially 2023, given the US has had pandemics lasting multiple years that completely crippled it. This should be unlikely, given the medical advances, but there is precedent.

Look up the 65000 people in Italy who were on HQC for Lupus and Arthritis. Of all of them, only 20 people contracted SARS-Cov2. None of them ended up in the ICU. Compared to the rest of the population, that's a 90% reduction.
And in 2017, the WHO published a paper on HQC said that although HQC does change your heartbeat and that could be risky, hundreds of millions of doses of that drug have been administered since it was invented and not one person has ever died of heart issues from taking the drug.
Therefore it's safe and effective. But Trump talked about it, so now the WHO and CDC are saying it's bad for your heart and ineffective. All the studies that showed HQC worked for SARS-Cov2 also included Zinc. All the "studies" being performed now in the USA are omitting the use of zinc and claiming the drug doesn't work.

And again.... not how that works, as i stated earlier. Youre drawing conclusions from a lack of valuable information, and also not understanding how the drug itself works, or how it could potentially be useful.
 Asura.Veikur
Server: Asura
By Asura.Veikur 2020-05-07 15:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It's kinda funny, because the actual spreadsheet provided by the CDC has reported P&I deaths at roughly the same, or higher, than the last half decade or so.

2018 being an exception as it was a particularly nasty P&I season.

So, nice cherry picked graph to fit your personal narrative?

Had to cut off at week 16, because data for week 17 of 2020 isn't fully compiled according to the CDC website.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-05-07 15:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

ok nausi.

Quote:

Interviewed Online, you just proved my point. Text book unprovable claim, jesus its like you're trying to show us how much you don't think

lol, no I didn't. Just because you don't like how polls are conducted, doesn't make them invalid. You have not made any kind of a point other than to show us all how delusional you are. Covid-19 is real. You can scream its not as much as you want, no one believes you.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-05-07 15:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
It's funny now the people who are fear mongering about how scary this virus are all seem to be on one side of the political isle isn't it?
I think its funnier that one party is saying "Its perfectly safe, I will bet your life on it."

RadialArcana said: »
Viruses mutate, corona viruses mutate at a greater rate....
Compared to flu this one mutates slowly.

I didnt know being intelligent was a political side.
Believing in science seems to be.

Asura.Veikur said: »
Imagine thinking every single republican is out protesting.
The protesters aren't republicans. They are Nazis. They fly the freaking flag. They just vote republican.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-05-07 15:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

And again.... not how that works, as i stated earlier.
If you have some studies on how it works, please link them. I'd be legitimately interested in reading them.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2020-05-07 15:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

ok nausi.

Quote:

lol, no I didn't. Just because you don't like how polls are conducted, doesn't make them invalid. You have not made any kind of a point other than to show us all how delusional you are. Covid-19 is real. You can scream its not as much as you want, no one believes you.

There's no way to prove who you're polling online without getting their actual personal information which they didn't do. They're asking Hindu Indians and Nigerian Princes what they think about the economy on Yahoo comment section and you're quoting it like gospel, this argument is over. Best of luck kid
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-05-07 15:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey if that means your done posting your covid denials, good riddance.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-07 15:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have some studies on how it works, please link them. I'd be legitimately interested in reading them.

You dont need a "study" to understand how a drug works. Its an immune suppressant. Its currently believed it might be a possible use when your immune system is doing more harm to you than good. Even then, it might not be an optimal option, and even using it might not solve the issue, because just because you stopped your body from killing you doesnt mean you no longer have a respiratory infection *** up your lungs... and anything that attacks your lungs or heart affects everything, given everything relies on blood being delivered.

Youre looking at data with no context. "This study says people who are on this drug are less likely to have covid" does not equate to a conclusion of "this drug is effective against covid". Thats a correlation. Doesnt mean its a causation. You need to test the drug itself on patients with covid and isolate other variables to actually get meaningful data, else it could just be a flaw in data elsewhere, such as maybe they didnt go out. They could have just not been in contact with anyone with covid yet.

Either way, this is unlikely to be a miracle cure. Its unlikely to affect the virus itself, just treat one problem that shows up when you are infected with it. You still need to deal with the virus itself.
By Viciouss 2020-05-07 15:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

They're asking Hindu Indians and Nigerian Princes what they think about the economy on Yahoo comment section...

Also, this goes without saying for everyone else: This is not how polls are conducted. Polls are open to scrutiny, but not like this.
By Viciouss 2020-05-07 15:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

We had an Italian doctor actually posting on this matter earlier in this thread, but its buried.
By Viciouss 2020-05-07 15:59:27
Link | Quote | Reply

you had an italian larper and schizos like yourself fear mongering in this thread, thats all, nothing more

Sure kid.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-05-07 16:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

You dont need a "study" to understand how a drug works. Its an immune suppressant. Its currently believed it might be a possible use when your immune system is doing more harm to you than good. Even then, it might not be an optimal option, and even using it might not solve the issue, because just because you stopped your body from killing you doesnt mean you no longer have a respiratory infection *** up your lungs... and anything that attacks your lungs or heart affects everything, given everything relies on blood being delivered.

Youre looking at data with no context. "This study says people who are on this drug are less likely to have covid" does not equate to a conclusion of "this drug is effective against covid". Thats a correlation. Doesnt mean its a causation. You need to test the drug itself on patients with covid and isolate other variables to actually get meaningful data, else it could just be a flaw in data elsewhere, such as maybe they didnt go out. They could have just not been in contact with anyone with covid yet.

Either way, this is unlikely to be a miracle cure. Its unlikely to affect the virus itself, just treat one problem that shows up when you are infected with it. You still need to deal with the virus itself.
When I said rural areas are different from urban ones, you thought I said rural areas were unaffected.
When I said we need to fix the supply chain or we'll starve, you claimed I said we were lacking supply.
Sorry, but I don't trust your reading comprehension. Just because you think HQC only works on cytokine storms, doesn't mean any doctor ever actually said that.
I want a study I can look over. I want to be able to see who funded the study and search for conflicts of interest. This wall of text you wrote is meaningless. Post the links you got your info from or don't bother replying.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-07 16:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

When I said rural areas are different from urban ones, you thought I said rural areas were unaffected.
When I said we need to fix the supply chain or we'll starve, you claimed I said we were lacking supply.
Sorry, but I don't trust your reading comprehension. Just because you think HQC only works on cytokine storms, doesn't mean any doctor ever actually said that.
I want a study I can look over. I want to be able to see who funded the study and search for conflicts of interest. This wall of text you wrote is meaningless. Post the links you got your info from or don't bother replying.

.... My reading comprehension is fine. You are either terrible at trying to state your point effectively, as those are reasonable conclusions from what you were saying in the context they were used, or youre trying to re-imagine what you stated with new information that was presented to you.

At best your only defense has been semantics.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-05-07 17:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Page 104
I am moderate. I believe the government on both sides failed, hard. People need to stop arguing and hold them accountable. The supply chain needs to reopen for important things like agriculture and medicine, but we can still live without hair salons and bars. Also, manufacturing needs to be taken out of China. Each country should be self-sufficient to a degree.
And for the things that do open, PPE needs to be supplied to the employees. If Cargill or Tyson make a smaller profit, who cares. The investors can suck it.

Also, different places should have different rules. You can't lock down a small rural town because New York is having a huge problem. It should be a reasonable case by case. When the media prints articles saying Red States are not taking this seriously enough because they locked down less, they are being disingenuous. A farmer whose nearest neighbor is several miles away shouldn't have to be on the same leash as a city person who can't even fart or his whole building will hear him.

Finally, those saying SARS-Cov2 is just the flu, or less dangerous even, are science deniers.

And if I'm wrong on anything and someone has the science to back their claims, I'm willing to listen.
I didn't say rural areas were unaffected. I didn't say everything needs to reopen. I didn't say we were short on supply. You assumed I said those things.
So again, provide studies on how HQC works since I'm apparently so wrong. But you can't ask me to take your word for it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2020-05-07 17:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sadly as we were arguing earlier it seems CBS was literally exposed by Project Veritas for staging fake covid 19 testing at the hospital for CBS Morning show but reported it as real, They actually faked testing patients for covid 19 and got caught lol. Cant even make this up, 3 hours ago they dropped this bombshell, Its happening
YouTube Video Placeholder

Edit: If you can get behind that ugly paywall from the washington post then heres their word on it,

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/05/06/cbs-news-edits-testing-story-after-project-veritas-exposes-clinics-line-stuffing-ploy/%3foutputType=amp

thats a credible news organization to alot of news enthusiasts
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-05-07 17:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Project Veritas, why am I not surprised?
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2020-05-07 17:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Project Veritas, why am I not surprised?
you're just coping at this point, you look like neo when he throws up after finding out what the matrix is
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-05-07 17:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure kid.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-05-07 17:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Had to look up what Project Veritas was. Makes sense that someone reading that ***would deny the covid-19 pandemic existing.
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2020-05-07 18:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Had to look up what Project Veritas was. Makes sense that someone reading that ***would deny the covid-19 pandemic existing.

Casually ignores the fact The Washington Post reported that CBS removed the literal facts I don't like and the story is true

You guys are trolling me i think, your own favorite news (prob idk) outlet is saying CBS is facts I don't like
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-05-07 18:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Surprising absolutely no one at this point. Next is InfoWars. Gotta disprove the existence of covid at all costs.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-05-07 18:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Project Veritus is undeniably partisan and they have been guilty of deceitful editing. That being said, when they produce verbatim, uncut video it doesn’t mean it never happened. There’s an art to finding the diamonds in the crap pile, and even the worst sources have them on occasion.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-07 18:53:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I just came across this and am posting it here as it relates to the thread in a small way.

Disclaimer: I understand that screenshots of tweets don't count as "news" or "facts". I am in no way intending to start a fight/argument/debate. Read it. Take what you will from it. Move on with life. May the odds be ever in your favor.

[+]
By Viciouss 2020-05-07 18:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
I just came across this and am posting it here as it relates to the thread in a small way.

Disclaimer: I understand that screenshots of tweets don't count as "news" or "facts". I am in no way intending to start a fight/argument/debate. Read it. Take what you will from it. Move on with life. May the odds be ever in your favor.

Some of those are more accurate than others!
First Page 2 3 ... 107 108 109 ... 129 130 131