Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 103 104 105 ... 129 130 131
By Jetackuu 2020-05-06 09:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know how to respond when I run into somebody in RL that straight up thinks this is done, over, wasn't a big deal, we wasted a shut down for nothing, etc. I just give them a blank stare because I can't handle the sheer stupidity.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-06 09:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

New day. New page.

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
Getting very close to that annual 80-90k benchmark for the annual flu everyone wanted to compare this to, and we aren't even half way through the year.

Just wondering how many more months that number keeps averaging around 30% before people consider it to be as substantial as it is.

We havn't even released the little sickness spreading germ-factory children to be in contact with each other in school yet. Everyone I know understands (or at least has heard that kids spread illness like none-other) the term germ-factory in relation to children. I understand that it is said that children aren't as susceptible to the illness as adults, but healthy firefighters, doctors, and paramedics are being off'd by this so, even if some kids can resist it, I'm not exactly keen on the idea of how hard this is going to be spread by children as carriers; nor do I have great faith that kids aren't going to drop like flies if previously healthy adults are dying to it.

Just wait until it's not just grandpa/ma in the nursing home that are dying gurgling as their lungs fill with blood and the parents aren't allowed in the room. Wait until that is happening to children everywhere and the parents aren't allowed to be in the room with them at all. Then you're going to see some serious ***.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Note: Deaths by drowning in gurgling blood over-dramatised as a micro-aggression on purpose. I don't need to have the way the deaths occur explained to me so keep that wall-of-text in your back pocket for the next person.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-06 10:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The darkness is strong with you.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-06 10:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Viciouss 2020-05-06 10:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Schools aren't going to be the same for a long time. The best case scenario was resuming in the next academic year (September). But I'm just not seeing it. Social distancing in schools? Yeah right.

The hope was to flatten the curve and continue to develop a testing/tracing program over the summer in anticipation of a re-emergence in the Fall. Well...now that politics is dictating the narrative, and states are reopening too early, it doesn't even look like we are going to have a summer reprieve. We can't call it a "re-emergence" if it doesn't go away at all >.>
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-06 10:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Second wave is going to burst out and all of the people that saw it coming from a mile away:

[+]
By volkom 2020-05-06 11:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »

[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-06 11:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-06 11:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
TOTALS IN UNITED STATES
Confirmed
1.23M

Recovered
Deaths

30.5%

Getting very close to that annual 80-90k benchmark for the annual flu everyone wanted to compare this to, and we aren't even half way through the year.

Just wondering how many more months that number keeps averaging around 30% before people consider it to be as substantial as it is.

I'm just super curious where you pull these numbers from, what site? Recoveries are off by 40k, Is it google news? Numbers look like google news.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-06 11:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-05-06 11:58:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like 1 or 2 people might make a garden and at least 1 person liked the idea of gathering materials and tools. So if one person has a slightly better outcome because of things I said, I'm happy.

Not mad at anyone. I just wish hyper-political people stop with the tribalism already and start working together.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-06 12:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

"Pick a side" is taught since birth here.

With us or against us mentality.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-05-06 12:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
"Pick a side" is taught since birth here
The vast majority of people are moderates. Only the loud obnoxious people, politicians, and the media insist on a side.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-05-06 12:29:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
loud obnoxious people, politicians, and the media
REDUNDANT!
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-05-06 12:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
"Pick a side" is taught since birth here
The vast majority of people are moderates. Only the loud obnoxious people, politicians, and the media insist on a side.

Unfortunately, most moderates get scared off in internet debates and the loud, obnoxious people secure the majority.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2020-05-06 12:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Since when did any of you stand for moderate? I don't see it! Lots of people tend to stick to one extreme while thinking themselves as moderate.

Only when you can think from both sides then you can stand for moderate.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-05-06 15:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Andret said: »
Since when did any of you stand for moderate? I don't see it! Lots of people tend to stick to one extreme while thinking themselves as moderate.

I am moderate. I believe the government on both sides failed, hard. People need to stop arguing and hold them accountable. The supply chain needs to reopen for important things like agriculture and medicine, but we can still live without hair salons and bars. Also, manufacturing needs to be taken out of China. Each country should be self-sufficient to a degree.
And for the things that do open, PPE needs to be supplied to the employees. If Cargill or Tyson make a smaller profit, who cares. The investors can suck it.

Also, different places should have different rules. You can't lock down a small rural town because New York is having a huge problem. It should be a reasonable case by case. When the media prints articles saying Red States are not taking this seriously enough because they locked down less, they are being disingenuous. A farmer whose nearest neighbor is several miles away shouldn't have to be on the same leash as a city person who can't even fart or his whole building will hear him.

Finally, those saying SARS-Cov2 is just the flu, or less dangerous even, are science deniers.

And if I'm wrong on anything and someone has the science to back their claims, I'm willing to listen.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-05-06 17:21:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, different places should have different rules. You can't lock down a small rural town because New York is having a huge problem. It should be a reasonable case by case. When the media prints articles saying Red States are not taking this seriously enough because they locked down less, they are being disingenuous. A farmer whose nearest neighbor is several miles away shouldn't have to be on the same leash as a city person who can't even fart or his whole building will hear him.

Rural areas are always the most vulnerable to outbreaks simply because they don't have the resources to combat it the way bigger cities do. When a meat factory in the middle of nowhere South Dakota has 2000 workers come down with covid-19, if only 10% of them need to be hospitalized, guess what that local hospital just got overwhelmed. They don't have the PPE, the doctors, the nurses, the capacity to handle that kind of influx. And because the PPE shortage is nationwide, these rural states are not winning in their competition for resources.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-05-06 20:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »

Rural areas are always the most vulnerable to outbreaks simply because they don't have the resources to combat it the way bigger cities do. When a meat factory in the middle of nowhere South Dakota has 2000 workers come down with covid-19, if only 10% of them need to be hospitalized, guess what that local hospital just got overwhelmed. They don't have the PPE, the doctors, the nurses, the capacity to handle that kind of influx. And because the PPE shortage is nationwide, these rural states are not winning in their competition for resources.

Please, go on https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html and find me any rural areas that are ravaged by SARS-Cov2, or GTFO. I said in my quoted comment "And if I'm wrong on anything and someone has the science to back their claims, I'm willing to listen." You just regurgitated lefty talking points.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2020-05-06 20:32:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Please, go on https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html and find me any rural areas that are ravaged by SARS-Cov2, or GTFO. I said in my quoted comment "And if I'm wrong on anything and someone has the science to back their claims, I'm willing to listen." You just regurgitated lefty talking points.

You know the map is not accurate because they don't have the testing equipments right?
 Leviathan.Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2020-05-06 20:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I am moderate. I believe the government on both sides failed, hard. People need to stop arguing and hold them accountable. The supply chain needs to reopen for important things like agriculture and medicine, but we can still live without hair salons and bars. Also, manufacturing needs to be taken out of China. Each country should be self-sufficient to a degree.
And for the things that do open, PPE needs to be supplied to the employees. If Cargill or Tyson make a smaller profit, who cares. The investors can suck it.

Finally, those saying SARS-Cov2 is just the flu, or less dangerous even, are science deniers.

And if I'm wrong on anything and someone has the science to back their claims, I'm willing to listen.

If you haven't done any businesses related to food you shouldn't ask for the impossible.

I don't think you understand the problem logistics that the US is facing. It has a lot to do with contracts, futures and monopoly. It's a structural problems that you can't fix in a day or 2.

For example, I own the chicken and I own the slaughter house. My slaughter house is infected so I shut down. What do I do with the chicken? If I had a couple months to work with another slaughter house then I would have done it. I don't. I have days before the chicken become a problem because the next batch is coming within days and I can't store them.

Vegetables and beef and other things got the same deal too. Particularly vegetables. Restaurants consume a massive amount of food a week. Once they stop working the whole chain stops. People who can stock what was harvested at best but those "about ready" are going to get wasted until the original stocks are cleared.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-05-06 20:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

If you haven't done any businesses related to food you shouldn't ask for the impossible.

I don't think you understand the problem logistics that the US is facing. It has a lot to do with contracts, futures and monopoly. It's a structural problems that you can't fix in a day or 2.

For example, I own the chicken and I own the slaughter house. My slaughter house is infected so I shut down. What do I do with the chicken? If I had a couple months to work with another slaughter house then I would have done it. I don't. I have days before the chicken become a problem because the next batch is coming within days and I can't store them.

Vegetables and beef and other things got the same deal too. Particularly vegetables. Restaurants consume a massive amount of food a week. Once they stop working the whole chain stops. People who can stock what was harvested at best but those "about ready" are going to get wasted until the original stocks are cleared.
I understand all of this. And my point is we need to look for a solution. We need to stop the political BS and actually look for the solution. The rights just wanna reopen everything and the lefts want to keep everything shut down forever. Both ideas are bad. We need to find a workable middle.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-06 21:01:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Supply chains dont all need to reopen. Again, thats not the issue. We have more than enough supply even with a large portion of our own supply chains closing down, and if needed we can have the government take over the facilities themselves, and implement safety measures and enforce them. They likely wont, but it is an option.

But theres likely no need for that. Again, we can import. Other countries arent setup so stupidly with their supply chains and are still producing in excess.

We have enough food to feed everyone on the planet. We dont have a supply problem, we've only ever had a distribution problem. Even with shops closing up, we can still feed everyone. Its just getting it from A to B.

The supply chain is the whole chain, from the fields to your table. I never said we didn't have enough food right now. But the chain is broken, so farmers can't sell the food. Thus, they are euthanizing animals and plowing vegetables back into the soil. Millions of eggs in Europe rotted in warehouses because the factories that made egg cartons were shut down. You seem to have 0 understanding of how things work. Please go learn before you try to educate others.

In other news, China is laughing at US and claim they are gonna jack up the prices for ventilators.

I mean... we can import from elsewhere or make our own. The problem is always lack of leadership from our own government.
You said we can't reopen the supply chain because of the disease, then you say if we can't import something we can make our own? There we have it, you reason in circles because you don't know what you're talking about. You just need to recite preapproved texts to make sure you always make it sound like your tribe is the correct one.

Also, in my earlier rant about the governments failing us and people needing to hold them accountable, where did I make you understand that I think we do have leadership? I know we don't. If we did have leadership, the supply chains would be safely open right now.

Its like you read literally nothing of what was written. Again, there is the option for importing, or taking control of the facilities and forcing best practices at lowered capacity, or even setting up temporary facilities to do said thing safer that the companies dont want to do. Our military has the resources and means to do so easily, quickly and rapidly. The supply network will never falter as long as the leadership doesnt. If it does, its not because the supply network is dead, its because the person in charge is an imbecile who has no idea what hes doing, and refuses to listen to those that do.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-06 21:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Schools aren't going to be the same for a long time. The best case scenario was resuming in the next academic year (September). But I'm just not seeing it. Social distancing in schools? Yeah right.

On the upside, this might force us to adapt the schooling system and improve it finally, creating a more robust online based education system.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-06 21:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't lock down a small rural town because New York is having a huge problem

Yes, you can, and you should. Rural towns are now THE epicenter of the virus BECAUSE they didnt shut down and said its a big city problem.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-05-06 21:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't lock down a small rural town because New York is having a huge problem

Yes, you can, and you should. Rural towns are now THE epicenter of the virus BECAUSE they didnt shut down and said its a big city problem.
proof?
By Viciouss 2020-05-06 21:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure. Lets see, Kentucky, Tennessee, Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, Alabama. Anything else?
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-06 21:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

proof?

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/coronavirus-us-cases.html

You can click the hotspots tab, and below that it has a list of places where the virus is increasing.

Current rapid increase areas include missouri, ohio, georgia, idaho, maryland, texas, virginia, tennessee, etc., where as cases decreasing are the city states that had the initial hit and started taking action.

Rural states are seeing the largest spike in the virus currently because they were *NEVER* immune. New york, MA, etc saw the first wave because they are the world hubs of commerce and travel. That doesnt mean its not going to spread, this ***is already in every single state.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-05-06 21:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure. Lets see, Kentucky, Tennessee, Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, Alabama. Anything else?
Ravaged? ok
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-05-06 21:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

proof?

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/coronavirus-us-cases.html

You can click the hotspots tab, and below that it has a list of places where the virus is increasing.

Current rapid increase areas include missouri, ohio, georgia, idaho, maryland, texas, virginia, tennessee, etc., where as cases decreasing are the city states that had the initial hit and started taking action.

Rural states are seeing the largest spike in the virus currently because they were *NEVER* immune. New york, MA, etc saw the first wave because they are the world hubs of commerce and travel. That doesnt mean its not going to spread, this ***is already in every single state.
But you realize I said everywhere needs a case by case decision, right? Why do city people have to insist that everyone has to do the same thing you're doing? Also, are you also saying cities need to remain locked down even after you're all better if rural areas are still having an increase? Because if cities reopen while the country is closed, that would be an awful lot like different areas having different NPI's.
First Page 2 3 ... 103 104 105 ... 129 130 131