PANic + EpiDEMIC = PANDEMIC!

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » PANic + epiDEMIC = PANDEMIC!
PANic + epiDEMIC = PANDEMIC!
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 30 31 32

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-24 18:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I don't think they all think like that, but Rav will defend this way of talking about non white groups even if he doesn't think that way of them in everyday life because he cannot help himself.

kireek is a blatant xenophobe and I doubt he'd even deny it if asked

And Directx can't address a topic without talking crap about everyone else first because he craves the attention.
So you going to defend him or decry Trump for something indefensible finally?

Simple question. Show us your true colours.

Neither, because I’m done engaging in bad faith debates with you. I’ll hash it out with you once you stop trying to bait people line a total d-bag.

Pretend it's because I'm asking in a provocative manner if you please. It is the easiest way out of being cornered into either criticising your idol or admitting you are a racist.

You’re a racist. Prove me wrong.
I am disturbed by the use of 'they' and 'us' to describe an ethnic group which lives and was mostly both in the same country.

Your turn. At least being a closet racist is not as bad as an open one.

Are we taking turns to see who the greater virtue signaler is? I’m a white guy who became fluent in Spanish just so I could communicate with the local Hispanic population better.

I can feel my liberal self-righteousness growing already! Your turn!
Not really sure what you're struggling with here. It's pretty simple.

Does the use of 'they' and 'us' in the context of ethnic groups unequivocally disgust you, or not?

Does your love of Donald Trump overpower your desire not to be racist?

Does your tendency to fit complex topics into oversimplified buckets enable you to stereotype better?
The problem is there is nothing complex about the question at hand. If you find it hard to outright condemn it and distance yourself from such language... then you're a closet racist and/or your obsession with Donald Trump outweights your desire to be a good human being.

Get a load of you preaching about what makes a good human being, you self-righteous internet troll. Do you have any idea how much time and money I’ve put into helping the less fortunate, regardless of race? No, but you’re willing to hang the entirety of my degree of racism on my interpretation of the president’s pronouns. Get a life.
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Server: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-03-24 18:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think they all think like that, but Rav will defend this way of talking about non white groups even if he doesn't think that way of them in everyday life because he cannot help himself.

And Directx can't address a topic without talking crap about everyone else first because he craves the attention.

Neither, because I’m done engaging in bad faith debates with you. I’ll hash it out with you once you stop trying to bait people line a total d-bag.

Pretend it's because I'm asking in a provocative manner if you please. It is the easiest way out of being cornered into either criticising your idol or admitting you are a racist.

I am disturbed by the use of 'they' and 'us' to describe an ethnic group which lives and was mostly both in the same country.

Are we taking turns to see who the greater virtue signaler is? I’m a white guy who became fluent in Spanish just so I could communicate with the local Hispanic population better.

Does the use of 'they' and 'us' in the context of ethnic groups unequivocally disgust you, or not?

Does your tendency to fit complex topics into oversimplified buckets enable you to stereotype better?
The problem is there is nothing complex about the question at hand. If you find it hard to outright condemn it and distance yourself from such language... then you're a closet racist and/or your obsession with Donald Trump outweights your desire to be a good human being.

Get a load of you preaching about what makes a good human being, you self-righteous internet troll. Do you have any idea how much time and money I’ve put into helping the less fortunate, regardless of race? No, but you’re willing to hang the entirety of my degree of racism on my interpretation of the president’s pronouns. Get a life.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-24 19:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

"It's so darn hard to disagree with race-based segregation of American people. I'm not racist though, because I donate to charities!"

Well, it's a little better than "I have black friends"?

Tell me about your “bat-eating freak” friends. I’m sure nobody would find that racist.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-24 19:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

There are a lot of “racist” phrases that don’t apply to the entire population of said race. Clearly you were referring to the people in the region where the pandemic started, who happen to be Chinese. Ergo, it was racist.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-24 19:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, even if it was that then how could it be racist to all Chinese? Derp.

It's like being in the UK and saying something about people in Glasgow that eat battered pizzas being freaks. Doesn't mean I hate all people in the UK or white people.

Don’t take my word for it. Here’s an Asian reporter who thinks it’s racist:

Coronavirus panic is not an excuse to spread racist memes
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-24 19:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if all the other cultures who have bats as part of their diet think it’s racist.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-24 19:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You're trying too hard. So hard I am losing interest.

Tell us more about the Asians that are helping the Americans.

Aww, can dish it but not take it, eh?

Well, since it’s an incredibly pointless argument to begin with since racism is subject to one’s own perception, I’m going to rank Donald Trump‘s phrase as potentially racist and yours as super racist.

That was a fun game, let’s do it again sometime.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-24 20:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

So you support referring to Asian Americans as an other to 'Americans'? Okay. Thanks for clearing that up for us - we could have done all of that in 2 posts without your usual rhetoric, *** and deflection.

Sorry, I've made a decision that I shouldn't fraternize with racists. I wouldn't want it to rub off on me.

I'm going to spend some time reading about the wonderful people of Fiji, New Caledonia, Vanuatu, and Palau, the Nambikwara people of Brazil, the Minahasans of Indonesia, and other cultures who eat bats as a part of their "freak" diet. Maybe they should drink tea and eat crumpets like you civilized folk.
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Server: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-03-24 21:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

kireek said: »
Ragnarok.Ozment said: »

YouTube Video Placeholder

Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-03-24 21:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

People who eat bats are freaks. What has that got to do with race?
Do you think 1.4 billion Chinese people all eat bats?
Some Americans eat bats.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bat_as_food
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-24 21:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

To save a semantic argument, nothing on wiki specifically states "Americans" as US Americans. But food is food no matter the country. You can, and they do eat bat everywhere.

Bats have been used as a food source for humans for thousands of years.[9] At least 167 species of bats are hunted around the world, or about 13% of all bat species
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-24 22:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

True. But it's worth noting that certain foods, even if they are ubiquitous, get linked to certain cultures/races and are then used in racist stereotyping. For example, if someone said the phrase "watermelon eating freaks", many in the U.S. would immediately assume that they were making a racist comment about blacks even though watermelons are a common food throughout the world.

As a general rule, it's advisable to not call anyone a "freak" for partaking of a diet that has cultural significance anywhere. If it's not racist, at the very least it's blatantly bigoted.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-25 02:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, it looks like a bipartisan deal was actually reached. Concessions were made by both sides, but everyone involved seems relatively happy with it from what I've seen. Now to get it through the House, but the only way to do that quickly would be through unanimous consent and it sounds like AOC is already ticked off about it. Looks like Pelosi has her work cut out for her.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-25 02:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Very interested to see the actual writing on this one. There were a dozen or more totally complete *** things added in there simply to get oversight on the 500 billion.

Still, for the record, a lot of people got *** over. The $1200 is for QUALIFYING Americans. They couldn't just give out money to everyone, could they. If you were already unemployed, trying to find a job, guess what, no money for you.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-25 03:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't get carried away with bemoaning the details until the entire thing sees the light of day.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-03-25 09:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

One detail is no bailout for Trump properties.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-25 10:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

He'll just raise the price for secret service members at those properties to a million dollars per night.
By Viciouss 2020-03-25 11:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

They still haven't released the actual bill, which means just like phase 2, they are having a hard time writing it. We got this indication last night, that the actual text was tripping them up. Early indications are the Democrats won a lot of concessions, especially on the airline bailout.
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 30 31 32