First Page 2 3 ... 52 53 54 ... 58 59 60
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-06 13:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
There has never been "moderation bias" here. None of the 6 people who have been section banned were banned because of their ideological views. Not one.

This goes beyond section bans and to claim zero bias is naïve. There is no such thing in a subjective field like forum moderation. Heck, there have been recent situations where people have broken rules by objective definition and mods who were actually around did nothing about it. If you don’t treat rules like absolutes as an enforcer, you’re making judgments with bias. End of story.
[+]
 Cerberus.Hideka
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-04-06 13:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Man i walk away for a few days.... fone got banned? what for? i mean.. fone was a troll for sure, but.... i didnt think there was any harm in it; they were just your run of the mill 'hey *** both of you, heres a picture of my taint' type trolls. there's far more egregious trolls in the P&R section for sure.

i mean lets be real.... this section is a cancerous *** of circle jerking ideologues 99% of the time that have nothing better to contribute beyond "ORANGE MAN BAD" or "ALL HAIL THE INFALLIBLE GOD EMPEROR OF THE UNITED STATES".

With a thread this far gone, i dont why the mods would bother even modding this segment beyond 'hey no CP or death threats'. people are getting so polarized that all they can do is fling ***like hapless apes hoping the other side cant fling ***as hard as they can, so they can win the ***flinging war, and come out slightly less covered in ***.

i wouldnt mod this if i was paid lmao.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-04-06 13:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Pff, we have never had a problem with moderators targeting people because of where they land on the political spectrum. This website has had a lot of mods over the years, and literally the only truly bad one was Krizz, and P&R wasn't what it was today when he was around.

That victim card that Saevel always tries to play about how left leaning posters would report right leaning posters in hopes of getting them banned? He is lying, period. He has been lying about it for years, he has been lying about a lot of things for years, it never happened. Its just his way of justifying posting in bad faith.
By Viciouss 2020-04-06 13:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Hideka said: »
Man i walk away for a few days.... fone got banned? what for? i mean.. fone was a troll for sure, but.... i didnt think there was any harm in it; they were just your run of the mill 'hey *** both of you, heres a picture of my taint' type trolls. there's far more egregious trolls in the P&R section for sure.

I didn't even learn about it until yesterday. No idea if there was a specific post or incident, or what thread it was in, nothing.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-06 13:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Pff, we have never had a problem with moderators targeting people because of where they land on the political spectrum.

Rooks just said that he has given people longer leashes based on where they land on the scale of balance. Whether or not you think that’s wrong, it pretty much destroys your argument here.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-04-06 13:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Pff, we have never had a problem with moderators targeting people because of where they land on the political spectrum.

Rooks just said that he has given people longer leashes based on where they land on the scale of balance. Whether or not you think that’s wrong, it pretty much destroys your argument here.

It actually doesn't. Giving people more opportunities is pretty much the exact opposite of the victim card your side is trying to play. You can't pretend to be a victim if you were given a ton of chances. Like I keep saying, no one has been banned because of their ideology. We know all the reasons each one of them got axed. And with fone I mean, we can guess. He never really tried to be a serious member.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-06 13:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It actually doesn't. Giving people more opportunities is pretty much the exact opposite of the victim card your side is trying to play. You can't pretend to be a victim if you were given a ton of chances. Like I keep saying, no one has been banned because of their ideology. We know all the reasons each one of them got axed. And with fone I mean, we can guess. He never really tried to be a serious member.

If some people get more opportunities because of their ideology, then that gives other people fewer opportunities because of their ideology. Pretty simple.

And I’m not playing the victim. I’ve never had issues with mods. I’m just get ticked to see what some people get away with. I don’t expect to see people get banned, but frick. At least a “hey, that’s not okay” would be a start.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Leosin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Leosin
By Lakshmi.Leosin 2020-04-06 13:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

kireek said: »
Lakshmi.Leosin said: »
Moderation bias, waaah waaah waaah.

"It benefits me so it's ok."

This is inline with "twitter is a private company they can ban who you want!" when they ban people who you don't like and then "facebook is evil, stop using facebook" when they don't do what you want.

Doesn't benefit me whatsoever.

Rules are rules, regardless if you choose to believe them or not.
I'll wholeheartedly agree that there are people that need to back off on the aggression and especially name-calling, but don't cry foul when a like-minded individual gets nuked.
Maybe take a step back and consider that possibly you could be....wrong? Naaaah.
Instead, go with the conspiracy that all are against YOUR stance, YOUR beliefs, YOUR way of life and you are just a victim, because there is no way you could be wrong.
Then, post diatribes of crap repeatedly, all the while condescending to others, taking jabs at their political stance, intellect and education.

Why is it that there isn't genuine discussions going on again?
No idea, it's not MY fault.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-04-06 13:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

If some people get more opportunities because of their ideology, then that gives other people fewer opportunities because of their ideology. Pretty simple.

And I’m not playing the victim. I’ve never had issues with mods. I’m just get ticked to see what some people get away with. I don’t expect to see people get banned, but frick. At least a “hey, that’s not okay” would be a start.

Other people "fewer opportunities?" Who do you think has been given "fewer opportunities?"
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-06 13:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Other people "fewer opportunities?" Who do you think has been given "fewer opportunities?"

Fewer opportunities than those given more opportunities. It's simple math.

A+1 > A
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Server: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-04-06 14:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

A+1 > A

His question was who had been given fewer opportunities. Are you saying that the right-leaning posters are the ones that fall under that egregious assumption? I dunno...I don't think anyone has been given more opportunities than Fone.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-04-06 15:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

On the Fone front....

I will miss the Simpsons references, but he made SO MANY objectionable posts I am surprised he lasted this long.

No, I don't know the specific post that finally got him canned.

On topic:

Some of Bernie's most fervent supporters are calling for him to drop out.

There are a number of never Biden types that are, whether or not they realize it, spreading Russian / republican propaganda and trying their best to doom us to four more years of Trump.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-06 15:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ozment said: »

A+1 > A

His question was who had been given fewer opportunities. Are you saying that the right-leaning posters are the ones that fall under that egregious assumption? I dunno...I don't think anyone has been given more opportunities than Fone.

Define “opportunities”. If “opportunities” means the number of times they were temp banned and allowed back, then maybe. If “opportunities” means the number of times they were never temp banned in the first place even though they clearly deserved it, then maybe not.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-04-06 15:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not thoroughly sold on 4 years of Trump being worse than 4 years of Biden. Also depends on the VP, since there's a solid chance Biden doesn't have 4 years left.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-06 15:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
I'm not thoroughly sold on 4 years of Trump being worse than 4 years of Biden. Also depends on the VP, since there's a solid chance Biden doesn't have 4 years left.

Literally anyone is/would be better. Biden is a shitbag but still leaps and bounds above trump.
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Server: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-04-06 15:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ozment said: »

A+1 > A

Define “opportunities”. If “opportunities” means the number of times they were temp banned and allowed back, then maybe. If “opportunities” means the number of times they were never temp banned in the first place even though they clearly deserved it, then maybe not.

Given the definition, it was made possible for him to remain and continue posting through the temp bans and multitude of posts that attacked people. All those opportunities.

I see Chanti wanting to get this thread back on topic, perhaps it is time for us to Elsa.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-06 16:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
kireek said: »
I've been posting here for >2 years. fone is the only person banned in that time that I know, so why the far right trolls are crying foul as if there are mass bans of their cult followers is bizarre as hell.

Saevel is the only really toxic person left, as previously mentioned. At least the rest of us will bash each other in jest and not hide behind pretending to have blocked people.

I've run out of ***to make up so I'll post stupid pictures like an intellectually challenged teenager.
I like to change people's quotes to make it look like they said something they didn't. Must be a direct result of all that glue I sniffed growing up.

What a fun game.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-06 16:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Not as fun as those times you alleged I said things which I never, and then claimed that you're "just saying what I think" or whatever nonsense you used to justify it. Must be a direct result of never learning logical reasoning.

Uhh, what? Got any examples? Because it shouldn't be hard for me to find some "I bet Rav (insert nonsense here)" and the like from you. Go ahead and complain some more about people making up crap about you, it has a lot of weight considering your history.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-06 16:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

As if I have the time to waste going back a few months through posts. If you want to play that game, give proof of me ever making anything up then.

Okay.

Not as fun as those times you alleged I said things which I never, and then claimed that you're "just saying what I think" or whatever nonsense you used to justify it. Must be a direct result of never learning logical reasoning.

There you go.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-06 16:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep posting and then think on who is baiting who right now.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 52 53 54 ... 58 59 60