First Page 2 3 ... 51 52 53 ... 58 59 60
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-05 11:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »
You've been here long enough to remember that I actually posted in this section fairly often for a while. Not just as a "patrol" or whatnot, but because I enjoyed the discussions. There is none of that anymore. It's all OWN DA LIBZ vs ORANGE MAN EVIL and it sucks.

No arguments on this point.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-05 12:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
I think there has only been 5 total sectionbans including fonewear, which I didn't even know he got one until just now. Certainly can't make a case any of the previous 4 weren't well deserved.

I get the circumventing part, but there were people doing the same crap as some of those who got the smaller bans who completely skated. CJ was running rampant for a LONG time before he finally went too far, but again, he probably saw what he was getting away with and decided nothing would happen.

(Reposted for edits, and iPhone sucks)
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-04-05 12:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I think there has only been 5 total sectionbans including fonewear, which I didn't even know he got one until just now. Certainly can't make a case any of the previous 4 weren't well deserved.

I get the circumventing part, but there were people doing the same crap as some of those who got the smaller bans who completely skated. CJ was running rampant for a LONG time before he finally went too far, but again, he probably saw what he was getting away with and decided nothing would happen.

You will also note that when the left outnumbered the right around here, back in the day, I gave exceptionally long leashes to KN, AO, and others.

If this section ever turns into a one-sided circle jerk - for either side - it gets shut down immediately.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-04-05 12:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

lol wow.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-05 12:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »

You will also note that when the left outnumbered the right around here, back in the day, I gave exceptionally long leashes to KN, AO, and others.

If this section ever turns into a one-sided circle jerk - for either side - it gets shut down immediately.

Well, we’re outnumbered again and I see some leashes that could use a cut.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-05 12:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah let one of the inmates run the prison, that'd work
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2020-04-05 12:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing needs to change, the pandemic has brought out a few more anti-Trump people, which given how he spent all of January, February, and most of March pointing at the scoreboard, is completely understandable. And you guys have kireek, a Brit who gets all of his information from Google and YT and still knows absolutely nothing about the USA.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-05 12:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

kireek said: »
I don't agree with Chanti on much at all but I think they would be fair with moderation, I don't know them that well but that's the impression I get. Also I did say "easing up on rules" in the containment area too to make it less of an issue.

Yeah, probably not Chanti. Honestly, none of the P&R veterans would work, IMO. We had the occasional fair mod in here, but mods tend to either disappear quickly for whatever reason or stay forever but rarely log in.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-05 12:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing needs to change, the pandemic has brought out a few more anti-Trump people, which given how he spent all of January, February, and most of March pointing at the scoreboard, is completely understandable. And you guys have kireek, a Brit who gets all of his information from Google and YT and still knows absolutely nothing about the USA.
Anti-Trump people who call his supporters idiots in non-P&R threads and are overall really aggressive. Pretty good candidates for a crackdown.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-04-05 12:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't agree with Chanti on much at all but I think they would be fair with moderation, I don't know them that well but that's the impression I get. Also I did say "easing up on rules" in the containment area too to make it less of an issue.
Well, I do try to be fair but I also refuse to moderate anything at all, let alone a pit of snakes.

Thanks for the vote of confidence though.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-04-05 12:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You should see those people in FFXI threads they are even worse there >.>
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2020-04-05 13:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Because unlike anyone else here he knows (now confirmed) he can get away with it (and most likely has for a long time). I bet he has got a lot of people banned on purpose, as he tried to do with me.

He doesn't get picked on "by the right" at all, he does it to others and when they return in kind he hopes to get them banned for it. It's completely unfair to have captain "free pass" do stuff everyone else knows will get them banned.

Several of those on the left use a tactic where they launch personal attacks against a poster in the hopes of inciting them to respond, they will then gang up on the report button in the hopes of getting them booted or censored or booted. It's social bullying and those with the power to read the reports and click the sanction button go along with it.

A looonnnng time ago I used to report them when they did this, absolutely nothing happened. When I had a conversation with one of the local demigods the answer as to just block them, which I've been doing since. Now because I've blocked them they have become immune to repercussions from those same demigods.

There can't be a fair discussion when participates don't enter into that discussion in good faith, and there is very little reason for those on the left to enter with good faith. If we, as conservatives attempt to argue in good faith, those on the left respond enmasse with personal attacks, knowing they are invulnerable. The only way to answer that is parody, ridicule and satire.

Thus we arrive at "Orange Man Bad" being the only response possible.

One sided enforcement of rules always results in this situation as good faith discussion becomes impossible. Notice when Chanti started posting these, we had good faith discussion, all the way until Vic, Oz and DirectX started personal attacks and then it devolved from there.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-04-05 13:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The only person that posts in bad faith in this section is Saevel. He is completely lying about that whole spammnig the report button, he reported people that HE THOUGHT were doing it and when nothing happened it was because he was WRONG. There has never been "one sided enforcement of the rules." Fair discussions happen all the time, just not with Saevel. He isn't a victim, he is an offender.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-05 13:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The only person that posts in bad faith in this section is Saevel.

Not true. We have more people posting in bad faith than we do in good faith. Lately this is just the "mock political opponents but don't expect a legitimate discussion of issues" thread.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-04-05 13:31:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The only person that posts in bad faith in this section is Saevel.

Not true. We have more people posting in bad faith than we do in good faith. Lately this is just the "mock political opponents but don't expect a legitimate discussion of issues" thread.

Maybe we have different definitions of bad faith. I consider posting in bad faith to be a person that blocks people yet continues to personally attack them, make up stances they believe in, or lie about things they have supported/support, or lie about actions they have taken (like spamming the report button). And the only person that does this is Saevel.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Leosin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Leosin
By Lakshmi.Leosin 2020-04-06 12:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Also Fone should not of been banned when people on the other side to the EXACT same thing, but they get a pass.

Bull. ***.

Enough of this defense of Fone crap. I still have no clue why ANY of you would enable that troll whatsoever. It makes me physically sick to see some of the complete garbage that he posted garnering +1s from the "right" people. The fact is that he is/was a tool for you folks that don't want to get banned, but are perfectly fine with letting him spout off blatant rulebreaking shitposts attacking others and spewing dark, hateful crap.
Equating Fone with any other poster is just idiotic. Even Nausi, as obnoxious as he was still didn't lower himself to the level of passive racism and sociopathic personal assaults that he slung daily.

I think Viciouss is a PoS but I don't want him banned either, I don't think people should be banned form a sh*tposting forum.

Right here is a big root of this problem. This ***needs to stop. Both sides. Stop whining "but they did it first/more/worse". It's childish and no matter how it goes down, no matter the excuse or however it's spun it's just name calling and its against-the-rules.

When only one side faces consequences the game turns into mocking them and making them angry with the hopes they return in kind, and then getting banned. Then you have your boring echo chamber.

This is getting really old too.
Moderation bias, waaah waaah waaah. Pretty sure the people who VOLUNTEER their time to keep this place going don't have some secret axe to grind against the conservative crowd, but please keep quietly ***-talking the mods inside and outside of P+R, I'm sure that will help lighten the mood and lift bans.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-04-06 13:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

There has never been "moderation bias" here. None of the 6 people who have been section banned were banned because of their ideological views. Not one.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-04-06 13:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Why are people pretending fone ever actually contributed to discussions ever? That he is banned for his political opinion?

He's banned for spewing ***hundreds of times a day, every day of his life. Get a grip. Sav and Rav crying for more bans is just the same old whiny broken record.

Seriously. I've been calling for him to be banned for years. He doesn't have a relevant opinion on anything political OR ffxi, he just thinks shitposting in every thread is amusing.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 51 52 53 ... 58 59 60