Random Politics & Religion #39: Guac Is Extra

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #39: Guac is extra
Random Politics & Religion #39: Guac is extra
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 47 48 49
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-01 22:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

In actual political news, it sounds like Pelosi is wanting to stretch out the inquiry process as long as possible in stating that there is no deadline. In spite of what pundits were saying, I never for a second believed that they would try and get everything finished this year. This is the Democrats' 2020 campaign. I wouldn't be surprised if they dragged this out past election day.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Server: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-11-01 22:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
fonewear said: »
Mostly it is just people arguing with Nausi.

If Nausi stopped posting Vic and his protege would probably go *** on some other forum.
If Nausi was gone, savael and Rav would probably step up to take his place on that side of each argument.

they've both blocked people they don't agree with though, so you might have a point.

I don't block people that I "don't agree with". I've been here for years and bantered with all sorts of people all over the political spectrum and haven't blocked any of them. Oz is something else entirely.

Happy to be of service. :)

~Vic's Protege
~CJ
~Mover of goal posts
~Something else entirely
By Viciouss 2019-11-01 22:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just Saevel that hides from people that don't believe his longwinded factfree diatribes.
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-11-01 23:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

In honor of his favorite pastime, I will proceed to reply to Rava in a series of chops and edits.

In actual political news, it sounds like Pelosi is wanting to stretch out the inquiry process as long as possible in stating that there is no deadline.

Riiiight...because no deadline being set means that she wants to stretch out the process. Illogical.

This is the Democrats' 2020 campaign. I wouldn't be surprised if they dragged this out past election day.

Hmmm...what a great idea! Democrats can run on the campaign slogan "A Vote for Trump is a Vote for Communistic Treason."

One of the greatest perks of being blocked is that...they don't argue back!
By Viciouss 2019-11-01 23:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

In actual political news, it sounds like Pelosi is wanting to stretch out the inquiry process as long as possible in stating that there is no deadline. In spite of what pundits were saying, I never for a second believed that they would try and get everything finished this year. This is the Democrats' 2020 campaign. I wouldn't be surprised if they dragged this out past election day.

I told you this would go on for months. Not till election day tho, Schiff is saying he could start releasing the testimony next week. Public hearings within the next two weeks, I think they will vote it by Christmas and send it to the Senate and John Roberts.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-02 01:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I was half exaggerating about the election day thing, but I really don't expect it to even hit a vote by Christmas. I want to be proven wrong on this, so I'm going to be upfront about my prediction.

Just watch as this thing is put on slow-drip for months. You're going to have evenly-spaced, partisan "witnesses" come out of the woodwork with the media cycle and polling acting as the metronome. Whatever big reveal(s) that Schiff and Pelosi think will have the most impact will come out at a very convenient time, either close to the vote or used as to counter to an announcement/speech/etc. by the President.

This investigation is not going on in a vacuum. It is going to be optimized for political posturing, and you'd better believe that the Dems are having backroom meetings, looking at their cards, and choosing the order and time in which to play them to maximize the political impact. They know Trump isn't getting removed over this, so really political impact is their only goal. Like I said, Campaign 2020.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-11-02 09:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The slow walking of the impeachment process orignates in obstruction from the white house.

If Trump would let his people testify this would be over a lot sooner.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2019-11-02 11:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep I said that at the very beginning, since the "Muh Russian Collusion" didn't work out quite so well they had to create another issue to drive the media and attempt to generate more hate. That's their 2020 election strategy, make people hate Trump. It didn't work in 2016 and it won't work in 2020 even if they dial it up to eleven.

The senate has already laid out it's expectations to accept any sort of investigation and the Dems fall woefully short of that. It's gonna get tossed the moment it hits the senate as a piece of propaganda. Result is that this "investigation" is just government funded opposition research.

I mean, I really don't care whether the presidents lawyer is present or not, but the Republicans need to have the capacity to participate. Under the current rules only the Democrats can do anything, as in only the Democrats can subpoena witness testimony, only the Democrats can introduce evidence and most importantly only the Democrats can question witness's. This guarantees that the Democrats have full control over every aspect of the process. That is a huge issue about fairness and transparency.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-02 11:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
The slow walking of the impeachment process orignates in obstruction from the white house.

Riiiiiiiight. Dems aren't playing by the rules, and it's Trump's fault for not groveling and letting them get away with it.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-11-02 11:29:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

Yep I said that at the very beginning, since the "Muh Russian Collusion" didn't work out quite so well they had to create another issue to drive the media and attempt to generate more hate. That's their 2020 election strategy, make people hate Trump. It didn't work in 2016 and it won't work in 2020 even if they dial it up to eleven.

The senate has already laid out it's expectations to accept any sort of investigation and the Dems fall woefully short of that. It's gonna get tossed the moment it hits the senate as a piece of propaganda. Result is that this "investigation" is just government funded opposition research.

I mean, I really don't care whether the presidents lawyer is present or not, but the Republicans need to have the capacity to participate. Under the current rules only the Democrats can do anything, as in only the Democrats can subpoena witness testimony, only the Democrats can introduce evidence and most importantly only the Democrats can question witness's. This guarantees that the Democrats have full control over every aspect of the process. That is a huge issue about fairness and transparency.

This is one of those longwinded factfree diatribes that I was talking about. First of all, note the lack of sources. Its already been established that the Senate can't just "toss out" the impeachment articles, because Mitch McConnell won't be calling the shots. Who presides over the impeachment trial? Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. Think he is gonna "toss out" the case because of feels?

Secondly, its been repeatedly proven that the Republicans have been allowed to question every single witness. Remember how the alt-right was tossing out claims that the Dems were "coaching the witnesses" during the GOP questioning? Well, how can they be pushing that claim out if the GOP hasn't been able to question witnesses? Doesn't match up with Saevel's diatribe.
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-11-02 12:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Riiiiiiiight. Dems aren't playing by the rules, and it's Trump's fault for not groveling and letting them get away with it.

100% False. Dems are following the very rules to a T, set by the then Republican-led House in 2015. Republican's are just crybaby boohooing because those very rules they set are coming back to bite them in the ***.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-11-02 12:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Nausi 2019-11-02 12:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

If Nausi stopped posting Vic and his protege would probably go *** on some other forum.
If Nausi was gone, savael and Rav would probably step up to take his place on that side of each argument.

they've both blocked people they don't agree with though, so you might have a point.

I don't block people that I "don't agree with". I've been here for years and bantered with all sorts of people all over the political spectrum and haven't blocked any of them. Oz is something else entirely.
I dont block people i dont agree with either.

Vuc is an irrational person to have a discussion with he claims he has evidence that he never produces such as “the transcript”, demands you produce evidence that doesn’t even exist such as q2 gdp numbers that haven’t been published yet. And even when you show him his own trusted sources like CNN, he will still pretend a railroad tie isn’t being used as a border fence and make believe it a fence to some farm in landlocked Tennessee.

He isn’t worth the effort to argue with, so he gets blocked. What’s unreasonable about that?
[+]
By Nausi 2019-11-02 12:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

No one is obligated to comply with a witch hunt. Still waiting for someone to point to a crime.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-11-02 12:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Truly it is shocking that they really believe this BS.

Talk about choosing the blue pill.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-11-02 13:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Its fun to to watch them try to deny this.
By Nausi 2019-11-02 13:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ozment said: »

100% False. Dems are following the very rules to a T, set by the then Republican-led House in 2015. Republican's are just crybaby boohooing because those very rules they set are coming back to bite them in the ***.
This is just false.

The president is not permitted to have his counsel sit in these secret meetings and depositions. Nor are republicans permitted their own witnesses into these hearings without approval from Schiff (who would be a witness they would call).
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-11-02 14:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »

This is just false.

The president is not permitted to have his counsel sit in these secret meetings and depositions. Nor are republicans permitted their own witnesses into these hearings without approval from Schiff (who would be a witness they would call).

These two points have nothing to do with each other. The Dems are absolutely following all the rules, and the Republicans are on the sidelines. It's not against the rules to not allow the Presidents counsel into the hearings, not is it against the rules to not allow the minority to subpoena witnesses. You guys are just going around in circles.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-11-02 15:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Smugglers are sawing through new sections of Trump’s border wall
WaPo on MSN

Quote:
SAN DIEGO —Smuggling gangs in Mexico have repeatedly sawed through new sections of President Trump’s border wall in recent months by using commercially available power tools, opening gaps large enough for people and drug loads to pass through, according to U.S. agents and officials with knowledge of the damage.

The breaches have been made using a popular cordless household tool known as a reciprocating saw that retails at hardware stores for as little as $100. When fitted with specialized blades, the saws can slice through one of the barrier’s steel-and-concrete bollards in a matter of minutes...
Impregnable... just like his impeachment defence will be.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-11-02 15:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

That's impossible Chanti, walls work. You can't cut through adamantium. It's real.
By Nausi 2019-11-02 15:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Smugglers are sawing through new sections of Trump’s border wall
WaPo on MSN

Quote:
SAN DIEGO —Smuggling gangs in Mexico have repeatedly sawed through new sections of President Trump’s border wall in recent months by using commercially available power tools, opening gaps large enough for people and drug loads to pass through, according to U.S. agents and officials with knowledge of the damage.

The breaches have been made using a popular cordless household tool known as a reciprocating saw that retails at hardware stores for as little as $100. When fitted with specialized blades, the saws can slice through one of the barrier’s steel-and-concrete bollards in a matter of minutes...
Impregnable... just like his impeachment defence will be.
Doesn’t matter, it is STILL keeping out tens of thousands.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-02 16:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You didn't have to do this Trump...

You didn't have to keep winning !

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-02 16:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump you have vandalized my heart, raped my soul, tortured my conscience. !
By fonewear 2019-11-02 16:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I question the need for political cartoons when Looney Tunes is so much better !
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-02 17:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

If Oz is trolling which he may or may not be. He is the worst troll I've ever seen on a forum. Maybe he should practice trolling on another forum to learn the ropes.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-02 17:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd argue Vic is trolling but he seems so damn sure even when he is wrong 100% of the time. So if he is trolling he at least shows some expertise.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-02 17:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

My advice to a would be troll. At least be funny. If you have nothing of value to add try to make us laugh. It might get people on your side.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-02 17:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »

I dont block people i dont agree with either.

Vuc is an irrational person to have a discussion with he claims he has evidence that he never produces such as “the transcript”, demands you produce evidence that doesn’t even exist such as q2 gdp numbers that haven’t been published yet. And even when you show him his own trusted sources like CNN, he will still pretend a railroad tie isn’t being used as a border fence and make believe it a fence to some farm in landlocked Tennessee.

He isn’t worth the effort to argue with, so he gets blocked. What’s unreasonable about that?

He is worth blocking just for that stupid *** avatar pic alone !
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-02 17:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Also if anyone is curious who's side I'm on.

I'm on "our side". Whatever that means.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 47 48 49