Random Politics & Religion #34

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #34
Random Politics & Religion #34
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 133 134 135
By Viciouss 2018-07-27 11:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy ***did CJ make a semi sensible post? RUN FOR THE HILLS. HIDE YOUR WIVES. HIDE YOUR CHILDREN.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-07-27 11:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Well it won't be hard, you tried to claim Obama never had a quarter over 3%, and that's easily debunked.

Graph

Obama had a few quarters over 3%, topping out at 4.9, hell even the headlines today tried to help you, highest growth since 2014. Now if you want to talk about annual, Trump is being extremely optimistic that we will be over 3% for the year, even hitting 4% (fantasy), but most economists don't agree with him. Forecasts have us remaining under 3 for the next few years.

So what you're saying is, Obama never had over over 3% annual. What's this about a "decade of success"?

Current 2018 projections have us at 3% or close to it, so even if we don't make it, it'll still be as good as Obama ever did.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-07-27 11:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy ***did CJ make a semi sensible post? RUN FOR THE HILLS. HIDE YOUR WIVES. HIDE YOUR CHILDREN.

He just agreed with you after making his 1,835th wrong claim about what treason is. You should be concerned, not surprised.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-07-27 11:17:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
So what you're saying is, Obama never had over over 3% annual. What's this about a "decade of success"?

Current 2018 projections have us at 3% or close to it, so even if we don't make it, it'll still be as good as Obama ever did.

That's great Rav, you got completely debunked and so you shift the conversation back to the stock market. So just a reminder,
How about that massive GDP growth under Trump that never broke 3% under Obama?

This is ***~

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-07-27 11:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

That's great Rav, you got completely debunked and so you shift the conversation back to the stock market. So just a reminder,
How about that massive GDP growth under Trump that never broke 3% under Obama?

This is ***~

What? I'm still talking about annual GDP. How did you get anything about the stock market from the posts you quoted?
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-07-27 11:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to talk about annual GDP now, go ahead. Trump's is certainly not massive by any metric.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-07-27 11:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to talk about annual GDP now, go ahead. Trump's is certainly not massive by any metric.

We just had a really good quarter, but if you want to compare apples to apples then I'll be willing to have this discussion after the annual report. I just won't ever but into your fantasy of the super duper amazing Obama years.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-07-27 11:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

but into = buy into

#Swypesux
By Viciouss 2018-07-27 11:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

We had a great stock market and low annual growth during the Obama years, the growth is not going to change during the Trump years, the stock market remains to be seen. His stupid tariffs are the biggest threat to our economy in a while, but you seem to be A-OK with them, so enjoy that.
By fonewear 2018-07-27 11:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
My man, my mother's an accountant. One of the things she taught me at an early age was how to understand the difference between quarterly and annual figures. It also explains how, sometimes, I can come across as a stereotypical Jew when it comes to money even though I'm not Jewish. I just understand the long term impact a stupid financial move, for example made yesterday, can make a few months down the road. Such as something happens and you stop and think "I shouldn't have bought that new stereo last month because now I have medical bills to pay". Or, "I'll pay this bill when I come back from vacation" but your trip ends up eating your wallet because your car craps out on the road somewhere.

A non Jewish accountant such a thing does not exist.
By fonewear 2018-07-27 11:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Only Jews are allowed to talk about economics.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-07-27 12:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

We had a great stock market and low annual growth during the Obama years, the growth is not going to change during the Trump years, the stock market remains to be seen. His stupid tariffs are the biggest threat to our economy in a while, but you seem to be A-OK with them, so enjoy that.

*The stock market was alright, the growth sucked.

As for tariffs, I'm only A-OK with them if they produce results that, in the end, leave the US in a more favorable position than we were in before. Unless you're Nostradamus (and not the CJ variety), all you can do is guess. We've been getting screwed by other countries in trade, so I'm willing to give Trump the benefit of the doubt in the meantime because at least he's trying to change that even when nobody else has the cajones to.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-07-27 12:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I love how Rav holds up last year's annual GDP, trying to claim it's proof for Trump, while not realizing that prior to October of last year the government was still operating under Obama's final financial plans, meaning most of last year's annual numbers are, actually, thanks to Obama.

Last year's annual GDP was only 2.3%. Way to backfire on your own argument. Someone quote this so the genius (who blocked me but still wants to argue with me) can see it.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-07-27 13:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks Obama

[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-07-27 13:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Way to backfire on your own argument.

I feel strangely compelled to correct people when they are obviously wrong...but yet at the same time I'm hopelessly pessimistic about them actually learning anything from it... /shrug

my mother was a hamster.

and your father smelled of elderberries

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-07-27 14:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Dow 30
+112.97(+0.44%)

it's up 4k over the last 52 weeks

what's going south exactly?

The dow has what to do with reality exactly?

sorry I missed this question earlier.

It's one indication of things that aren't "going south" I would say. A barometer, if you will.

I realize it's evil but my investments have been doing good

we could look at consumer confidence...

but that's why I asked what was "going south"...even trump's poll numbers are going up....

there seems to be a slight increase in emo butthurt coming from the penniless/jobless wonders sector that nobody has ever polled, cared about, or gives any weight or credence to...

are you getting any reading on your mood crystals that are alarming?
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-07-27 16:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The dow has what to do with reality exactly?
It's one of many indicators of economic health? I mean, you can draw whatever conclusions you want from fantasy world metrics that prove Obama was the bess econnomy prezdent evar, but some of us like actual data.
I wasn't talking about Obama, I was talking about the dow.

Interesting thing about stock prices, want your stock to soar? Lay off 20% of your workforce.

Interesting thing about the dow. Want the dow to soar? Give massive tax cuts to the wealthy. Corporations using repatriated cash to buy back their own stock helps too.

None of the above actually reflects the economy.

Or Obama for that mater.
By fonewear 2018-07-27 17:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I love how Rav holds up last year's annual GDP, trying to claim it's proof for Trump, while not realizing that prior to October of last year the government was still operating under Obama's final financial plans, meaning most of last year's annual numbers are, actually, thanks to Obama.

What the *** are you talking about Donny !
[+]
By fonewear 2018-07-27 17:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember when CJ said Trump should hang for treason. That basically disproves any future argument you will ever have.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-07-27 19:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Republicans Are Now Conceding Their Core Values
Time

Two thoughts.

1, Buying "campaign contributions" by mortgaging the future of the country seems to be a constant core value.

2, Other than that do they have any?

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-07-27 19:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You lost me at "Time".
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-07-27 19:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Other than that do they have any?

we like money
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-07-27 19:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You lost me at "Time".

Lets give President Obama a Nobel prize for .... being half black.

Yeah that pretty much destroys the credibility of the entire left... across the world.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-07-27 19:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-07-27 20:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The art of the fial....

Trump asked Israel to release alleged Hamas smuggler in prisoner swap with Turkey

TLDR: It was to be a swap for American pastor Andrew Brunson. Turkey got the smuggler Brunson remains under arrest.
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 133 134 135