Random Politics & Religion #33: Donald John Trump Is The 45th And Current President Of The United States. All Of Your Viewpoints Are Invalid.

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #33: Donald John Trump is the 45th and current President of the United States. All of your viewpoints are invalid.
Random Politics & Religion #33: Donald John Trump is the 45th and current President of the United States. All of your viewpoints are invalid.
First Page 2 3 ... 72 73 74 ... 109 110 111
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-06-07 14:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
I'm sure there is a small percentage of cops that ARE racist, but I doubt it's policy handed down from the top. to tell that story is stupid and dangerous.
The entire criminal justice system is institutionally racist. Its built in.

Long before BLM off duty black cops knew not to intervene with their weapon in almost situation because cops, including black cops, assume that the black guy with the weapon is the aggressor and a free fire zone.
By fonewear 2018-06-07 14:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
fonewear said: »
primal scream therapy

"Actor James Earl Jones claimed primal therapy cured him from smoking and hemorrhoids."

was JEJ or the doctor the one screaming at his roids? maybe they took turns

He literally screamed his *** off !
[+]
By fonewear 2018-06-07 14:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
I'm sure there is a small percentage of cops that ARE racist, but I doubt it's policy handed down from the top. to tell that story is stupid and dangerous.

Long before BLM off duty black cops knew not to intervene with their weapon in almost situation because cops, including black cops, assume that the black guy with the weapon is the aggressor and a free fire zone.

Big black cop...you thought I was going to talk about the other BBC....you dirty animal !
By fonewear 2018-06-07 14:58:19
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-06-07 15:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, you're gonna have to go way beyond anecdotes to prove that statement. Correlation is not causation.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2018-06-07 15:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The entire criminal justice system is institutionally racist.

I don't believe that. I would need to see empirical data. people as a whole aren't intrinsically evil.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-06-07 15:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't believe that. I would need to see empirical data. people as a whole aren't intrinsically evil.

Well... in the spirit of full disclosure, I certainly am evil ...

and I'm becoming increasingly suspicious of that fonewear guy...

he's gotta be at least quasi evil...
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-06-07 15:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe back in your day grandma when everyone was racist
[+]
By fonewear 2018-06-07 15:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

and I'm becoming increasingly suspicious of that fonewear guy...

he's gotta be at least quasi evil...

I wouldn't say I'm pure evil but I am white...and Republican so...maybe 85% evil.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-06-07 15:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Soon as I take that ancestry DNA that confirms I'm 15% African American...my life will be complete.
By Nausi 2018-06-07 15:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Yeah, you're gonna have to go way beyond anecdotes to prove that statement. Correlation is not causation.
Chanti is hooked on the victimization drug.

There is no institutional racism in our government lest the actual policies that dis-incentivize white people like affirmative action.
By Nausi 2018-06-07 15:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Chanti. It is objectively true that Black people commit more crimes (while asian people commit less crime).

Noticing that objective different is not evidence of racism.
By fonewear 2018-06-07 15:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

He is basically Uncle Ruckus from the Boondocks
By clearlyamule 2018-06-07 16:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Soon as I take that ancestry DNA that confirms I'm 15% African American...my life will be complete.
So you'll run for congress?
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-06-07 16:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

People as a whole are not. I do not believe that more than a small percentage of the people in the criminal justice are either.

But look at the stats.

Nausi said: »
Chanti is hooked on the victimization drug....
Where did I say that I was victimized?

Chanti. It is objectively true that Black people commit more crimes (while asian people commit less crime).
Nope. See stats above, caught more often, diverted far less, convicted at a higher rate.

For your statement to be applicable one would have to know all committed crimes, not just the ones caught.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-06-07 16:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

People as a whole are not. I do not believe that more than a small percentage of the people in the criminal justice are either.

But look at the stats.

Nope. See stats above, caught more often, diverted far less, convicted at a higher rate.

For your statement to be applicable one would have to know all committed crimes, not just the ones caught.

You should be out there fighting racism so I don't have to !
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2018-06-07 16:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

look at the stats.

statistics can be deceiving. you can't look at race only. the lines are drawn between the rich and the poor. poor people are more likely to be hassled than people with money, plain and simple.

why aren't the asians, or jews represented in either of your opinion pieces? (I don't blame you, I was looking for some different stats before you posted in regards to how many people the justice system employs, and all you get is hard to navigate government sites, or opinion pieces. WHERE IS THE TRUTH IN THIS?!?!?) If the system was "institutionally racist" why let the other races slide?
By clearlyamule 2018-06-07 16:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

What if I told you higher conviction rates could actually be caused by higher crime rates? And that all the other stats fall in line after that? Also did you read those op eds? They give non racist reasons for a few of those most often being education and money.

And yes we don't know all crimes committed... neither do cops. They act on the knowledge they do have
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2018-06-07 16:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I would argue that your environment made you evil. you were born perfect.
By fonewear 2018-06-07 16:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

look at the stats.

statistics can be deceiving. you can't look at race only. the lines are drawn between the rich and the poor. poor people are more likely to be hassled than people with money, plain and simple.

why aren't the asians, or jews represented in either of your opinion pieces? (I don't blame you, I was looking for some different stats before you posted in regards to how many people the justice system employs, and all you get is hard to navigate government sites, or opinion pieces. WHERE IS THE TRUTH IN THIS?!?!?) If the system was "institutionally racist" why let the other races slide?

The Jews probably provided the stats...
By fonewear 2018-06-07 17:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The Asians are pretty good at things too. I've see The Asians excel in a lot of academic fields.
By clearlyamule 2018-06-07 17:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The Asians are pretty good at things too. I've see The Asians excel in a lot of academic fields.
iirc it's mostly the ones from historically better off countries/ones focused on education more. And interestingly enough similar is true even here. Decent off families have kids that tend to do better (though rich also have little spoiled shits lol) and parents that pay attention to their kids education also tend to do go... and tend to not put them in public school
[+]
By fonewear 2018-06-07 17:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Just imagine if you combined The Asians and The Jews the children could pretty much dominate the world !
By fonewear 2018-06-07 17:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Just imagine if you combined The Asians and The Jews the children could pretty much dominate the world !
By fonewear 2018-06-07 17:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The Jews made me post that 2 times !
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-06-07 17:43:08
Link | Quote | Reply

There are Chinese Jews Fone.

And the world should be very afraid.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-06-07 17:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

There are Chinese Jews Fone.

And the world should be very afraid.

That is pretty scary no wonder Chinese restaurants do so well...
By clearlyamule 2018-06-07 17:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

What if that's really what Hitler was trying to stop?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-06-07 18:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

But look at the stats.

The American Progress link is complete garbage. The Slate one actually tries to make a decent case (which is the closest I may ever get to praising Slate), but clearly they went into the article with an agenda and then only reported the stats that most suited it.

It's an observational study, and therefore no causation can be assumed. Not that it would matter anyway, because there are so many factors that go into this that you could never single out racism as a main cause for any of it anyway.
First Page 2 3 ... 72 73 74 ... 109 110 111