Random Politics & Religion #24

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #24
Random Politics & Religion #24
First Page 2 3 ... 61 62 63 ... 79 80 81
By fonewear 2017-06-11 14:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Self awareness to me is something extremely important to me. I take it on a philosophical level. Probably much deeper than most people care to discuss here.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-11 14:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
To say that this is a "Jewish only issue" is like saying only humans breath.

Holy ***read my first post you idiot. It said the same exact thing you just said.

Quote:
In the same notion Muslims and Jews believe religiously that Christians are "condemned too". Most religion operates under "Either you are one of us or you are going to hell".

^^^^ Literally read ^^^^^

Long-story short: Study some theology for crying out loud.

Also I've studied way more theology than you think. I literally went to college to be a Christian Pastor and theology and other religions were a key focus of studies (No I didn't go to Seminary, it was an accredited with non-christian teachers teaching several of the classes)

So get off of your *** high horse for five seconds and read.

Unless you actually thought I meant that Judaism is the only religion with a heaven which would take some serious negligence on your part, which wouldn't surprise me at this point.
Going by your previous posts, and by the fact that you directly attacked Judaism, yes, it looked like you were referring only to Judaism in your post.

Either way, either communicate your point better, or at least put a footnote saying that this isn't a specific religion issue. Stop being so absolute in your posts too, that would help you a lot.

So, better luck next time.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-11 14:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Self awareness to me is something extremely important to me. I take it on a philosophical level. Probably much deeper than most people care to discuss here.
I would love to discuss self awareness with you then.

That's something very important to me too.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-11 14:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I will say this I rather have someone admit they are wrong then constantly defend arguments. I see a lot of that in life in general. Admit your fault and move on with it !
By eliroo 2017-06-11 14:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, when it comes to arguing doesn't everyone think they are right at the start? Unless you are playing the devils advocate you walk into an argument accepting what you think is right and that the other person is usually wrong.

I believe that I've been incorrect at times and usually stated. Furthermore I have actually agreed on some things KN has said. It is a bit harder to agree with Nausi but I'm sure he has said stuff that I've agreed with.

I mean we all have our bias right?

I also accept there is a possibility that I'm wrong, but if I argue under that notion then I will never have a strong argument. I guess if my bias is to far one way though I wouldn't have a strong argument either.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-11 14:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll start:

I'm an ***. I'm an *** because of society's viewpoints towards what a "perfect person is" (which changes with the next person) so there's no point in striving for perfection if nobody will accept it.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-11 14:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, when it comes to arguing doesn't everyone think they are right at the start? Unless you are playing the devils advocate you walk into an argument accepting what you think is right and that the other person is usually wrong.

I believe that I've been incorrect at times and usually stated. Furthermore I have actually agreed on some things KN has said. It is a bit harder to agree with Nausi but I'm sure he has said stuff that I've agreed with.

I mean we all have our bias right?

I also accept there is a possibility that I'm wrong, but if I argue under that notion then I will never have a strong argument. I guess if my bias is to far one way though I wouldn't have a strong argument either.

Sorta but I read a lot of tone in people's post also. It isn't just what you say it is how you say it.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-11 14:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You can win an argument without being a jerk ***.
[+]
By eliroo 2017-06-11 14:38:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Going by your previous posts, and by the fact that you directly attacked Judaism, yes, it looked like you were referring only to Judaism in your post.

I didn't directly attack Judiasm. I simply used Judiasm and Islam in my example as a means to convey my point. I have no problem with either religion and my ties to Christianity are hanging by a few threads.

So, better luck next time.

Just read better next time before attacking me?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-11 14:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

But it's the path of least resistance!
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-11 14:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It is difficult though cause we are writing. A lot of people have a different persona in writing than in real life. In real life it would be easier to get points across.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-11 14:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Take abortion for instance to me it isn't an pro or for. Both can be right as the same time. Not everything is for or against...
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-11 14:41:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I can say I support life and support women's right to make a decision. As a man I assure you I am wrong simply for existing !
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-11 14:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't directly attack Judiasm. I simply used Judiasm and Islam in my example as a means to convey my point.
Well, I really don't think Chanti, a Jew, is going to see it that way.

I really think she is going to see it the same way I did.

Look, everybody, everything, has faults. Religion too. But it doesn't matter, because nobody's perfect, and no one definition of specific events/topics are the same. That includes religion.

Want a perfect example of my thinking? Just look at the Middle East, where Islam is (almost) the same all around, but people interpret it so differently that they feel justified in killing each other and other people around them. Hell, they feel justified in killing themselves for said version of Islam!
[+]
By eliroo 2017-06-11 14:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fair enough, we are all *** here though.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-11 14:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Take abortion for instance to me it isn't an pro or for. Both can be right as the same time. Not everything is for or against...
I don't care about the act, the only issue I have with the act is how it is paid, either directly or indirectly.
[+]
By eliroo 2017-06-11 14:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I really think she is going to see it the same way I did.

Maybe, the context was simply that I was trying to explain why Bernie could be seen as in the wrong in his questioning of Vought.

@Chanti, if you are offended I apologize, that wasn't my intent
By fonewear 2017-06-11 14:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I find the best way to argue is to say "Yes dear" and drink another beer.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-11 14:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

If all else fails appeal to emotions say freedom of speech and yell loudly into the air !
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-11 14:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe, the context was simply that I was trying to explain why Bernie could be seen as in the wrong in his questioning of Vought.
Ah, you mean the unconstitutional religious test on public servants that Sanders placed on the deputy.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-11 14:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bernie is probably Jewish like I'm Jewish when I eat a bagel.
By fonewear 2017-06-11 14:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't see Bernie going to Israel and saying "let my people go"
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-11 14:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't see Bernie going to Israel and saying "let my people go"
He's a politician.

Only people he care about is his donors.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-11 14:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bernie is a politician cause he could get a job doing anything else...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-11 14:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bernie is a politician cause he couldn't get a job doing anything else...
fixed.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-11 15:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bernie is good at playing class warfare. Blaming the rich. Right out of the 60s with the "corporations man" and business is evil.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-11 15:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bernie is good at playing class warfare. Blaming the rich. Right out of the 60s with the "corporations man" and business is evil.
That's all he knows.

He honestly believes the best way to grow the economy is for the government to completely control it. That's pretty sad....
[+]
By eliroo 2017-06-11 15:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, you mean the unconstitutional religious test on public servants that Sanders placed on the deputy.

Yes, I was just explaining why I think its understandable how people feel this way.

I feel that isn't the case because Vought has shown that he is willing to fire people simply because they are condemned.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-06-11 15:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

It is difficult though cause we are writing. A lot of people have a different persona in writing than in real life. In real life it would be easier to get points across.

SOMEONE TOLD ME THAT IT'S EASIER TO GET POINTS ACROSS IN ALL CAPS.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-11 16:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I like to use exclamation points when you don't need them !
YouTube Video Placeholder
First Page 2 3 ... 61 62 63 ... 79 80 81