Random Politics & Religion #23 (Fake News)

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #23 (Fake News)
Random Politics & Religion #23 (Fake News)
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 58 59 60
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-05-10 13:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
He handled investigations as a DA.

Managed maybe...He may have hired an investigator.....
District attorneys don't go out and crack cases...

You've been watching too much matlock old woman!!!!

[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-10 13:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

""If the law supposes that," said Mr. Bumble, squeezing his hat emphatically in both hands, "the law is a *** - a idiot"

Ere he shall lose an eye for such a trifle... For doing deeds of nature! I'm ashamed. The law is such an ***.
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2017-05-10 13:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh, do over

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

You've been watching too much matlock old woman!!!!
>.>

I loved matlock...and murder she wrote...and macgyver...as a child

All of those shows suck when you watch them as an adult

[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-10 13:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
It's a coup! Bwahahahahahahah!

Trump can't do a coup, he's already in charge!

Just goes to show either:

1) Trump is not viewed as having presidential authority even though he's president
-or-
2) Libs really don't know what words mean.

Their still having mental breakdowns over his victory over them. It's personal and they want vengence. If they can't be in charge then nobody can!

An extremely politically incorrect person just won the Presidency over the cultured educated enlightened beings of pure goodness and hope. This condition is unacceptable!
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-10 13:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

By Nausi 2017-05-10 13:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

She instructed DA's not to argue the EO in court because it appeared to be unlawful.

She ignored the president's EO. It doesn't matter what she thought of it's legal standing (but for the record she's wrong on that too).

He doesn't need a real reason to fire her, he can because he simply doesn't like her, but firing her for insubordination is plenty justified.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-05-10 13:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
It's a coup! Bwahahahahahahah!

Trump can't do a coup, he's already in charge!

Just goes to show either:

1) Trump is not viewed as having presidential authority even though he's president
-or-
2) Libs really don't know what words mean.

Their still having mental breakdowns over his victory over them. It's personal and they want vengence. If they can't be in charge then nobody can!

An extremely politically incorrect person just won the Presidency over the cultured educated enlightened beings of pure goodness and hope. This condition is unacceptable!

If he is successful in pushing through his agenda he will absolutely decimate the democratic party. This cannot be allowed and must be stopped at all costs, even if they require the loss of sanity.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-10 13:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Since when does the Attorney General decides what laws to follow and what laws to ignore?

We have court cases that state that the President doesn't have that authority. So why should the AG?

Or is it ok depending on what law you want to enforce and what law you don't?
Just following order's = not an excuse

Sessions once asked Yates about AG's responsibility to say 'no' to a president

Quote:
“If the views the president wants to execute is unlawful, should the attorney general or deputy attorney general say no?” Sessions asked.

“Senator, I believe the attorney general or the deputy attorney general has the obligation to follow the law and the Constitution and to give their independent legal advice to the president,” she responded.
Are you saying that Attorney Generals are allowed to ignore law?

She was fired because she ignored Trump's order to follow the law. Hate to break it to you, but nobody is given a right to ignore the law (unless, apparently, you are a Clinton. The bar is set higher, you have to show intent on breaking the law too).
That is not what happened.

She instructed DA's not to argue the EO in court because it appeared to be unlawful.

She didn't tell them to break the law. She told them to not defend it because it seemed to be unlawful and rested on incorrect information.
A) How is that any different?
B) By your statement, you would be ok with DAs not following Civil Rights laws, because somebody may disagree with it.
C) I never said that she outright told them to break the law, I said that she directed the DOJ to not follow the law.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-05-10 14:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

lol you were born old!
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2017-05-10 14:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

She ignored the president's EO. It doesn't matter what she thought of it's legal standing (but for the record she's wrong on that too).

He doesn't need a real reason to fire her, he can because he simply doesn't like her, but firing her for insubordination is plenty justified.
It does matter what she thought of it's legal standing. She took an oath to uphold the constitution. That was the whole point of then Senator Sessions questioning from 2015 about her refusing to follow a directive from the President that might be unlawful.

Quote:
"You have to watch out because people will be asking you to do things and you need to say no. You think the attorney general has the responsibility to say no to the President if he asks for something that's improper?" Sessions asks Yates.

"A lot of people have defended the Lynch nomination, for example by saying, 'Well, he appoints somebody who's going to execute his views, what's wrong with that?' " the GOP senator from Alabama asks, referring to Obama's 2014 nomination of Loretta Lynch as attorney general.

"But if the views the President wants to execute are unlawful, should the attorney general or the deputy attorney general say no?"

Yates replies: "Senator, I believe the attorney general or the deputy attorney general has an obligation to follow the law and the Constitution and to give their independent legal advice to the President."

He had every right to fire her, I never said different.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-05-10 14:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

It does matter what she thought of it's legal standing.
Ok, PROOVE her thoughts...
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-05-10 14:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

C) I never said that she outright told them to break the law, I said that she directed the DOJ to not follow the law.
What fricking law? There was no law involved. It was an excutive order not a law. Also unconstitionial.

She said she wouldn't defend the EO.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2017-05-10 14:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Since when does the Attorney General decides what laws to follow and what laws to ignore?

We have court cases that state that the President doesn't have that authority. So why should the AG?

Or is it ok depending on what law you want to enforce and what law you don't?
Just following order's = not an excuse

Sessions once asked Yates about AG's responsibility to say 'no' to a president

Quote:
“If the views the president wants to execute is unlawful, should the attorney general or deputy attorney general say no?” Sessions asked.

“Senator, I believe the attorney general or the deputy attorney general has the obligation to follow the law and the Constitution and to give their independent legal advice to the president,” she responded.
Are you saying that Attorney Generals are allowed to ignore law?

She was fired because she ignored Trump's order to follow the law. Hate to break it to you, but nobody is given a right to ignore the law (unless, apparently, you are a Clinton. The bar is set higher, you have to show intent on breaking the law too).
That is not what happened.

She didn't tell them to break the law. She told them to not defend it because it seemed to be unlawful and rested on incorrect information.
A) How is that any different?
B) By your statement, you would be ok with DAs not following Civil Rights laws, because somebody may disagree with it.
She did not direct them to not follow the law.

She directed them to not defend the law.

She broke no laws and did not tell anyone to break the law. That is a major difference.

If you are told to enforce an unlawful law you should not do so.

Civil servants have legal protection against obeying an order that would require them to break the law and public servants also have an oath to uphold the constitution.

Will you potentially be fired or go to jail temporarily? Yes, that can and has happened.
By fonewear 2017-05-10 14:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

lol you were born old!

Benjamin Button !
By fonewear 2017-05-10 14:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe all this law mumbo jumbo matters to you but I only follow laws that I like !
By fonewear 2017-05-10 14:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You have a right to remain silent too...I suggest you use it !
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-05-10 14:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-10 14:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

She said this:
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-10 14:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Wonder years actor... !
By fonewear 2017-05-10 14:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
What fricking law? There was no law involved. It was an excutive order not a law. Also unconstitionial.

You study law when you aren't knitting sweaters ?
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-05-10 14:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

McConnell: There Will Be No Special Prosecutor
He says it would just disrupt the Senate's own Russia investigation

Quote:
(Newser) – Amid the uproar following James Comey's surprise firing, many have called for a special prosecutor to take up the probe into Russian interference with the 2016 US presidential election—but those people are going to be disappointed. A new investigation would "only serve to impede the current work being done," said Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell on the Senate floor Wednesday, per Politico.

As FBI director, Comey was heading up the bureau's investigation into the matter (as well as whether President Trump's campaign team was involved), but the Senate Intelligence Committee is also running its own investigation, and McConnell said "too much is at stake" in that investigation to appoint special counsel, Time reports.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-05-10 14:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't knit, I sew.

And play video games.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-10 14:46:11
Link | Quote | Reply

So is Trump impeached yet ?
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-10 14:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Where is an outraged liberal when I need one.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-10 14:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't knit, I sew.

And play video games.

But do you play video games about sewing?
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-10 14:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Where is an outraged liberal when I need one.

[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-10 14:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I enjoy Rachel Maddow's smirk it almost gives me comfort. It's like the Sun shining you can always count on it.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-05-10 14:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Why? She wrote a letter explaining her thoughts at the time on all of this.
By fonewear 2017-05-10 14:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

If she wants us to care about her she would be tweeting her thoughts !
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 58 59 60