Random Politics & Religion #19

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #19
Random Politics & Religion #19
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 82 83 84
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-15 10:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
The parallels with the political climate in America is uncanny.

It's almost as if people in multiple parts of the world have a problem with leaders sucking at their jobs. The pendulum swings because there isn't any political ideology that can handle power for long without tripping on their own shoelaces. I would be really surprised if it wasn't happening in more than one place.

I refuse to believe anything outside America exists...
You must live in California then.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-15 10:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

It's almost as if people in multiple parts of the world have a problem with leaders sucking at their jobs. The pendulum swings because there isn't any political ideology that can handle power for long without tripping on their own shoelaces. I would be really surprised if it wasn't happening in more than one place.

I refuse to believe anything outside America exists...
You must live in California then.

I'll have you know I live on the east coast but we too are out of touch !
By fonewear 2017-02-15 10:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Us East Coast liberals can't be bothered with small time America and their farms and tractors...we prefer to sit in our universities and group think!
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-02-15 10:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Where is Donny anyways was he put in time out ?

idk... crashing a bus?

or maybe he besmirched "the egg"....
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-02-15 10:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I don't consider him an enemy, nor should anyone else (in power) because that is:

A) Counterproductive to any attempt of diplomatic ties associated with Russia. You would be amazed at how much the US can get done with foreign affairs if we don't treat anyone who disagrees on us as "The Enemy." That includes public perception, because that drives politicians to making the statements they make to help get themselves reelected (when you have warmongers such as yourself as constitutes, your representatives will pander votes by saying that we should go to war with Russia)
B) Hypocritical for us to mess in the affairs of Russia. If the Russians really hate Putin, they would have gotten rid of him by now. To continue to claim that Putin is the second coming of Hitler (or third, depending on where Trump fits on your list) would make the Russian public's perception of US even worse, which will worsen ties between countries (see point A).

Fine, we get it, you hate Putin because he isn't a progressive like you are. Just don't demand that we go to war or attack Putin because you don't like him.

Nobody is advocating "war with Russia." That is just you making up an argument that isn't there, in other words, stop lying. Nobody has referenced Hitler except for you, so again, stop lying.

Saying Russia is the enemy is not advocating war with Russia. If it is then Congress is advocating war against Russia. Conventional warfare against Russia isn't even viable because they suck at it as they have shown by their pathetic foray into Syria. Daylight bombing using unguided weaponry really? What is this, WWII?

I also don't know where all of this respect for the Russian people and their power to oust Putin if they wanted to comes from, especially since he has a 6 year term, did I mention he kills people that speak out against him? He has starved his people into poverty, and isn't even up for re-election for another 2 years.

Meanwhile, the US, led by Congress, will continue to treat Russia as the enemy, not because of their words, but because of their many hostile actions.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-15 10:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Could be that. Could also be a misunderstandings whether from lack of education on the matter of government or opinions that do not reflect the laws and ideals that define governance.

Example:

"Our opponents, the media and the whole world will soon see as we begin to take further actions, that the powers of the president to protect our country are very substantial and will not be questioned" - Trump Administration Senior White House Policy Adviser Stephen Miller; 2017

Compared to

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public" - former President Theodore Roosevelt; 1918
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-15 10:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Where is Donny anyways was he put in time out ?
I'm around, just busy.

Donny let's go bowling !
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-02-15 10:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I would say that russia is a concern as in the 2012 Mitt Romney example that was mocked by obama which spun around and bit obama in the *** like a cobra.

I like the idea of pitting the russians as the new main opponent of terror.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-15 10:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

We James Bond though...so I wouldn't worry about Russia.
By fonewear 2017-02-15 10:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

We all know how the movie ends...Russia *** up as usual.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-15 10:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Wing Attack Plan R is unstoppable.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-15 10:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I think America deserves a better villain though...China North Korea Canada Iran Florida long list to choose from.
[+]
By Zerowone 2017-02-15 10:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Why not combine them all into one? A Floridian who is a Canadian nationals of Sino-Persian-North Korean descent is not a stretch.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-15 10:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Zerowone said: »
Why not combine them all into one? A Floridian who is a Canadian nationals of Sino-Persian-North Korean descent is not a stretch.

That's the type of diversity that is destroying our country. Make America white again !
By fonewear 2017-02-15 10:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I had to take diversity training and I was shocked that non white people existed...
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-15 10:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the type of diversity that is destroying our country. Make America white again !

What if I told you this villain was a she and had 36-24-36 measurements?
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-15 10:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

That would change everything...for the better !
By fonewear 2017-02-15 10:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of Bond and villains I think we are overdue for a new Bond film.
By Viciouss 2017-02-15 10:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of Bond and villains I think we are overdue for a new Bond film.

3 bad ones in a row I think we are ready for a new Bond actor.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-02-15 10:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Only if she's 5'3".
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-02-15 10:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2017-02-15 11:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Yes that seems to be the Trump strategy, play it down, don't worry about the fact he named a chronic liar to the National Security post and might have to pardon him. This story isn't going away, the investigations will continue and Flynn is gonna have to testify to Congress, a huge embarrassment for Trump.
He's just gonna leave you guys in the dust.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-02-15 11:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Only if she's 5'3".

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-15 11:09:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Man those Trump tweets this morning...

I think we get it now:

So the leaks are real and it's really troubling that real intelligence is being leaked and once the real intellengence is reported it turns into facts I don't like.
By Zerowone 2017-02-15 11:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Viciouss said: »
Yes that seems to be the Trump strategy, play it down, don't worry about the fact he named a chronic liar to the National Security post and might have to pardon him. This story isn't going away, the investigations will continue and Flynn is gonna have to testify to Congress, a huge embarrassment for Trump.
He's just gonna leave you guys in the Cheeto dust.
Ftfy
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-02-15 11:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Btw that article that only Nik read also tells how Russia is meddling with Italy too.
I read it too.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-02-15 11:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Good thing the "leaks" aren't illegal and nothing that happened between Trump and Russia last year is classified.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-02-15 11:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Really long WaPo article on the Russian - Trump team ties:

It’s bigger than Flynn. New Russia revelations widen Trump’s credibility gap.

They cite a number of sources from the NYTimes through Fox.
Quote:
THE BIG IDEA: The credibility gap – maybe chasm is a better word at this point – keeps widening for Donald Trump and his White House.

Two days after Trump’s victory, Russia’s deputy foreign minister told a reporter in Moscow that “there were contacts” between Russian officials and the Trump campaign. “Obviously, we know most of the people from his entourage,” he said. That prompted a vigorous denial from Trump spokeswoman Hope Hicks, who insisted there had been “no contact with Russian officials.”

On Jan. 11, an NBC reporter asked Trump whether members of his staff were in contact with Russian officials during the campaign. “No,” he replied.
On Jan. 15, Mike Pence was asked basically the same question on two Sunday shows. “Of course not,” he replied on Fox and CBS.
Yesterday afternoon, Sean Spicer stood by Trump’s earlier denials during the daily briefing when questioned by ABC.

Fresh reporting continues to cast doubt on these and many other claims....
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 82 83 84