Random Politics & Religion #14

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #14
Random Politics & Religion #14
First Page 2 3 ... 87 88 89 ... 99 100 101
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-22 11:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
It was another one of those statements he only meant if you never bought a Trump-brand decoder ring and couldn't decipher his jokes and ironic statements.
Like "Change you can believe in."?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-22 11:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
The reaction to trumps decision not to prosecute HRC has been amusing... always a fan of the fox comment sections...
I think it was pretty obvious that Trump was never going to prosecute Clinton. I mean, we aren't Russia for crying out loud.

While it would also make a good message to the political elite that they are not above the law, it's not a good idea to prosecute your political opponents.

That's the problem he has created for himself. People who understand how this nation works and the principles it is built upon had a strong sense he was pandering.

However, the people he was pandering to, the ones chanting "Lock Her Up" at various rallies either don't understand how America works and its principles, or maybe simply don't care.
Either way they got behind him on it and we're expecting it and aren't going to be happy he is going to deliver.

This is the Pandora's box people are talking about. He got people to believe he would deliver based off his candor, demeanor and campaign rhetoric.

He put himself into this catch 22.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-11-22 11:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

it wouldn't matter if the FBI even closed their case... if new information comes in they can reopen it and look into it again as long as it's within the SOL and she hasn't been tried and acquitted of the charges previously...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-22 11:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't reply to me.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-11-22 11:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It was another one of those statements he only meant if you never bought a Trump-brand decoder ring and couldn't decipher his jokes and ironic statements.
Isn't that what trumps selling with the whole drain the swamp and making America great again?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-11-22 11:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so passive agreement
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-11-22 11:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Should I state it a different way? He won't pursue charges? Is that ok with you that way? Lol... all I was saying was that the reaction on the fox comment section was entertaining... jesus...

I don't get this whole obama will pardon her anyways as the trump administration can't really do anything at all until they actually come into office... how again does obama pardon someone when he's no longer president?
He'll pardon her before he leaves if he does. The investigation doesn't have to be finished in order for him to pardon her.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-22 11:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't that what trumps selling with the whole drain the swamp and making America great again?

The difference being that he hasn't failed yet. To be fair, I assumed Obama would fail 8 years ago. Sucks that I was right.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-22 11:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so passive agreement

Isn't that what I always accuse you of doing? No stealing my shtick!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-11-22 11:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-22 12:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't reply to me.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-22 12:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Ramy: It's not that. It's something between Rooks and myself.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-22 12:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Kanye has been recovered for stress. This doesn't spell good for his 2020 candidacy as it can be used as an ammo against his tenure as president!

Lordgrim is already ahead in the polls with this!
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-22 12:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Kanye has been recovered for stress. This doesn't spell good for his 2020 candidacy as it can be used as an ammo against his tenure as president!

Lordgrim is already ahead in the polls with this!

Exactly. It's not a good time for Kanye to be copying Hillary's strategy.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-11-22 12:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

How can Obama pardon an "innocent" woman of a crime she hasn't been charged of committing...yet?

Pardon of Richard Nixon
Wikipedia

Quote:
On September 8, 1974, president of the United States Gerald Ford issued Proclamation 4311, which gave Richard Nixon a full and unconditional pardon for any crimes he might have committed against the United States while president...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-11-22 12:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
How can Obama pardon an "innocent" woman of a crime she hasn't been charged of committing...yet?

Pardon of Richard Nixon
Wikipedia

Quote:
On September 8, 1974, president of the United States Gerald Ford issued Proclamation 4311, which gave Richard Nixon a full and unconditional pardon for any crimes he might have committed against the United States while president...
Was tongue in cheek chanti. I think he meant why does she need a pardon if she hasn't done anything wrong?
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-11-22 12:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Why did Nixon need a pardon them?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-22 12:27:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So he could become president of the world in the fourth millenium!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-22 12:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Because of his terrible, terrible gas. In the presence of other world leaders? Set back any and every advancement he made with China!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-22 12:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
So he could become president of the world in the fourth millenium!

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-22 12:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

He didn't. At least, not until after he was convicted. Which is why it doesn't make sense to pardon somebody who "committed and charged with no crime."

But hey, if Obama already pardoned Clinton, then that means that she is guilty of a crime that the liberals said she didn't commit. Doesn't look great for her now, does it?

Still doesn't stop them from prosecuting her after Obama is out of office. Cause, you know, Trump can rescind prior EOs (that's the only way to pardon Clinton of this crime).
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-11-22 12:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
... full and unconditional pardon for any crimes he might have committed....
You know, just in case.

Still doesn't stop them from persecuting her after Obama is out of office. Cause, you know, Trump can rescind prior EOs (that's the only way to pardon Clinton of this crime).
Fixed.
By eliroo 2016-11-22 12:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't understand the whole "lock her up" rhetoric. Clinton is just a sweet old lady who founded the Clinton Foundation that then used donation funds to pay for her daughters beautiful wedding and her overly successful political ploys.I mean why should we lock anyone up who wants to sell bits and pieces of our government to unqualified lobbyist who only know how to look out for their own good?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-22 12:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
Clinton is just a sweet old lady who founded the Clinton Foundation that then used donation funds to pay for her daughters beautiful wedding and her overly successful political ploys.
The bolded is why she should be at least brought to the courts.

I mean, if the law is supposed to be equal to all, how come people demand that we should only enforce it against certain people and ignore it for others?

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-22 13:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

To emphasize: It doesn't matter what the character of a person is, the fact remains that nobody is above the law and everyone who breaks the law should be held on their actions, not released prior of even being held on trial because of who they are.

Anyone else who did the things she did would have been brought into court. What makes her different?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-22 13:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
But hey, if Obama already pardoned Clinton, then that means that she is guilty of a crime that the liberals said she didn't commit.

It doesn't work that way ... either way, Obama didn't pardon Clinton of anything, the FBI and Trump won't push for prosecution. Just let it go.
Why pardon somebody if they didn't commit a crime? Can you answer that question, or are you going to ignore it...again.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-22 13:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean why should we lock anyone up who wants to sell bits and pieces of our government to unqualified lobbyist who only know how to look out for their own good?

Because we'd have to arrest and convict every politician if we don't want to appear to have a political agenda in doing so.
By eliroo 2016-11-22 13:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
I mean why should we lock anyone up who wants to sell bits and pieces of our government to unqualified lobbyist who only know how to look out for their own good?

Because we'd have to arrest and convict every politician if we don't want to appear to have a political agenda in doing so.

Good news is that if we legalize or decriminalize marijuana usage we will have tons of room in private owned prisons!
First Page 2 3 ... 87 88 89 ... 99 100 101