Random Politics & Religion #14

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #14
Random Politics & Religion #14
First Page 2 3 ... 65 66 67 ... 99 100 101
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-11-17 10:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Still waiting for someone to tell me how millions couldn't vote illegitimately in our system.

In NH you can just sign a piece of paper saying you just moved here and vote the same day. What did trump loose there by? 1000?

So you think Trump won key states by using voter fraud? I don't get your point.
No, that Clinton's win of the popular vote is illegitimate.

Feel free to show evidence, I don't think Clinton winning the popular vote is surprising.

Why not?
By Viciouss 2016-11-17 10:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Still waiting for someone to tell me how millions couldn't vote illegitimately in our system.

In NH you can just sign a piece of paper saying you just moved here and vote the same day. What did trump loose there by? 1000?

So Clinton is winning the popular vote by over a million, and Trump narrowly won the EC by less than 100k, but one of those is illegitimate, and the other one isn't. Because reasons.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-17 10:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Feel free to show evidence, I don't think Clinton winning the popular vote is surprising.

Why not?

Because rural America is dying. That's no secret.

But it's not dead yet. And that apparently was a secret to the oblivious *** DNC.

Which is why Trump won.
By Viciouss 2016-11-17 10:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
eliroo said: »
Another fair statement, I think this year it is a much bigger concern because anti-immigration was a big platform this year. I find it silly how Democrats had a few years to sort this issue out. Something as simple as Free ID's would have fixed this problem.

Pinning it on Dems is sort of a problem too though. The places where it's happening are very solidly GOP-held. Ohio and North Carolina come to mind as two places I seem to recall being talked about in the news as places where the GOP was very publically trying to suppress voting.

Wisconsin as well, ran into a lot of trouble with voter suppression before the election, and a case could easily be made that it met with some success, enough to tip the state.
By eliroo 2016-11-17 10:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »

So Clinton is winning the popular vote by over a million, and Trump narrowly won the EC by less than 100k, but one of those is illegitimate, and the other one isn't. Because reasons.

Pretty sure he won the EC pretty convincingly. Only the margin at which he won is extremely close. Arguably the undocumented immigrants and the homeless have almost no reason to vote for Trump, therefore a weaker argument of voter fraud.

If there was any indication Clinton would have won the EC she wouldn't have conceded so early.
By eliroo 2016-11-17 10:36:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Another fair statement, I think this year it is a much bigger concern because anti-immigration was a big platform this year. I find it silly how Democrats had a few years to sort this issue out. Something as simple as Free ID's would have fixed this problem.

Pinning it on Dems is sort of a problem too though. The places where it's happening are very solidly GOP-held. Ohio and North Carolina come to mind as two places I seem to recall being talked about in the news as places where the GOP was very publically trying to suppress voting.

I'm saying that the Democrats clearly benefit from such a change and they had a few opportunities to pass such laws during Obama's presidency. I'm not saying its their fault, I'm saying that they had a chance to fix it but didn't.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-17 10:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The EC is something you can't look at straight numbers all the time to judge how close it was because each state is all-or-nothing. So Pennsylvania, despite being really, really close, gave 20 EC votes to Trump.

Similar a few other states going both ways.

Point is, it was a super close election either way and neither side really benefits from whining about voter fraud because if you completely recast the votes on an entirely validated system, who is to say what way it goes?

Maybe fewer illegals vote for Clinton and Trump wins by a bigger margin.

Maybe fewer Trump supporters intimidate Clinton voters away from the polls and Clinton edges a couple battleground states that were close, thereby winning?

It's the same reason CJ and people like him need to get out of their fantasy world of Trump somehow being invalidated. The chances are infinitesimal.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-17 10:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm saying that the Democrats clearly benefit from such a change and they had a few opportunities to pass such laws during Obama's presidency. I'm not saying its their fault, I'm saying that they had a chance to fix it but didn't.

These things are done on a state level in state senates controlled by the GOP.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-17 10:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe fewer bad hombres vote for Clinton and Trump wins by a bigger margin.

AHH. IT GOT ME.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-11-17 10:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The EC is something you can't look at straight numbers all the time to judge how close it was because each state is all-or-nothing. So Pennsylvania, despite being really, really close, gave 20 EC votes to Trump.

Similar a few other states going both ways.

Point is, it was a super close election either way and neither side really benefits from whining about voter fraud because if you completely recast the votes on an entirely validated system, who is to say what way it goes?

Maybe fewer illegals vote for Clinton and Trump wins by a bigger margin.

Maybe fewer Trump supporters intimidate Clinton voters away from the polls and Clinton edges a couple battleground states that were close, thereby winning?

It's the same reason CJ and people like him need to get out of their fantasy world of Trump somehow being invalidated. The chances are infinitesimal.
It's the difference between saying the ram that wins the most games across the season goes to the super bowl and the team that scores the most points across the season does.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-11-17 10:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Report: Of the 112 arrested in Portland protests, at least 39 didn't actually vote
Seattle PI

Quote:
People across the country continue to protest Donald Trump's election victory, sparking clashes with authorities.

In Portland, police said protesters refused orders to leave city streets, culminating in the arrest of 112 people over the weekend, with 71 arrested on Saturday night alone. According to a release from the department, road flares, bottles and other projectiles were thrown at officers during the protests.

A Portland police cruiser was also reportedly vandalized with an anti-Trump message.

However, while people took to the streets to denounce the president-elect, they apparently didn't have the same fervor at the voting booth. News station KGW in Portland reports that at least 39 of the protesters did not return an election ballot. Another 35 of the demonstrators taken into custody weren't registered to vote in Oregon, according to KGW.

According to the Associated Press, the protests against Trump in Portland have led to smashed windows and vandalism. The demonstrations have reportedly led to $1 million in damage.

The AP reports young people in Los Angeles, Denver and Seattle continued to rally against the president-elect, chanting "not my president" and "love trumps hate." During his campaign, Trump's comments about people of color and women came under fire.

Meanwhile, in Houston, more than 100 UH students walked out of class on Monday to show their frustration with the outcome of the election.

Trump told "60 Minutes" on Sunday that people shouldn't fear him. He called for unity between his supporters and critics.
If you don't vote you have no real right to *** about the outcome.

This includes a well known mod here.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-11-17 10:52:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Twitter Bias

Someone posts they hate all white people, and *** everyone who voted Trump. It gets reported and is OK by Twitter.

Someone as a test posts the exact same message except changing out white for black, and Trump for Hillary and it gets deleted and the owner is banned.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-17 10:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Twitter Bias

Someone posts they hate all white people, and *** everyone who voted Trump. It gets reported and is OK by Twitter.

Someone as a test posts the exact same message except changing out white for black, and Trump for Hillary and it gets deleted and the owner is banned.

Many people -- liberals included -- have been saying repeatedly that this is a problem.

So, I mean. Yes? Thank you for another example?
By Ramyrez 2016-11-17 10:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the difference between saying the ram that wins the most games across the season goes to the super bowl and the team that scores the most points across the season does.

Dammit, Nausi! You can't just hit "r" because it's between "t" and "e" and expect the keyboard to know what you mean!

(I realize it's just a typo. Sorry. I couldn't resist.)
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-17 10:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

No Ramy you have to prove the narrative that everyone in each camp thinks the same or we can't go on!
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-11-17 10:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just funny that the supposed "protected class" is the one where hate speech is 100% normalized. And still is the victim of being called out as the ones causing it all.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-17 11:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Surprising? No. Irrelevant? Yes. The only way that the popular vote would be both relevant and accurate is if the candidates had been campaigning from the very beginning with the express purpose of increasing their popular vote. I don't know who would have won, but the numbers would not be the same.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-17 11:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The only real thing I have to add on this particular topic is that I don't think it's very fair to call out people who didn't vote at all if they did so because they thought there wasn't a single choice on their state's ballot that didn't suck total anus.

Let's face it. Both major third party candidates were incompetent. Strictly speaking so is the president elect! At least speaking in traditional terms. And Clinton wasn't really worth voting for except as a vote against the other main party and/or their candidate.

Protest vote/write-ins are pathetically useless and until we completely overhaul the two-party system they are basically the validation/participation trophy that everyone lambasts...
[+]
By Viciouss 2016-11-17 11:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Surprising? No. Irrelevant? Yes. The only way that the popular vote would be both relevant and accurate is if the candidates had been campaigning from the very beginning with the express purpose of increasing their popular vote. I don't know who would have won, but the numbers would not be the same.

That was never the point. This whole topic started because nausi believes that Clinton lost the popular vote because millions of people voted for her illegally. But not Trump of course, every Trump vote was by a living registered voter. Because reasons.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-17 11:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Both major third party candidates were incompetent
But Gary...
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-17 11:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
But Gary...

Was basically Scott Walker without the sliminess and Koch Bros. funding.

Which, I realize, is a big part of Scott Walker.

But still.
By eliroo 2016-11-17 11:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting Conspiracy theory going on reddit :

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/5dfltq/woman_who_was_investigating_clinton_foundation/

Not quite buying into it but this wouldn't be the first mysterious death surrounding the Clintons.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-17 11:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
That was never the point. This whole topic started because nausi believes that Clinton lost the popular vote because millions of people voted for her illegally. But not Trump of course, every Trump vote was by a living registered voter. Because reasons.

Are you suggesting that figmants of nausi's own imagination are going to somehow vote some other way than the way nausi pretended that they did?

/mindblown
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-17 11:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
But Gary...

[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-17 11:24:48
Link | Quote | Reply

wouldn't be the first mysterious death surrounding the Clintons.

You don't say?

I mean, okay, not necessarily "mysterious," but.

Still.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-17 11:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd think, by Nausi's logic, Florida and Arizona would be solid, solid blue. Like, just so blue.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-17 11:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I totally expect Florida-man to vote for Trump.
By eliroo 2016-11-17 11:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Texas would have been like 80% Blue if we go by Nausi's logic.
First Page 2 3 ... 65 66 67 ... 99 100 101