Random Politics & Religion #14

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #14
Random Politics & Religion #14
First Page 2 3 ... 64 65 66 ... 99 100 101
By Viciouss 2016-11-17 10:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Viciouss said: »
Considering how narrowly Trump won the Electoral College, y

306 to 232 is narrow?

Look at the margin in the 3 states, Pennsylvania 60k, Wisconsin 20k, and still uncalled Michigan Trump is leading by about 10k. According to nausi, millions of unregistered voters cast ballots.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-11-17 10:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
What's the counter reasoning?
Il-legals don't vote because that's breaking the law?

that it didn't matter in the slightest if any illegals did vote... we swept the whole election.

do you want to call Loretta Lynch and ask her to throw out the results and have a do over?
Bro, I know it doesn't matter, we crushed em. They seemed to be putting false hope into their popular vote gods. I'm just pulling back the curtain.
By Viciouss 2016-11-17 10:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
I'd love to read the source you're getting that from

alex jones

snopes
I'm not citing any source. I'm stating my reasoning and intuition.

nausi code for making ***up. Considering how narrowly Trump won the Electoral College, you would think nausi would leave the myth of voter fraud alone.

Are you suggesting that voter fraud doesn't happen? Are you really that ignorant?

Not by the millions that nausi is "claiming."
By eliroo 2016-11-17 10:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

306 to 232 is narrow?

Look at the margin in the 3 states, Pennsylvania 60k, Wisconsin 20k, and still uncalled Michigan Trump is leading by about 10k. According to nausi, millions of unregistered voters cast ballots.

To over-exaggerate it and to deny it completely are the same thing in my book. Its happening and when you get to margins as small as 10k, 20k or even 60k the fact that it is happening can make a huge difference.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-17 10:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the fact the Democrats are complaining because they feel that states that require an ID to vote hurt the voter outcome, shows the type of people they want voting for them.

This is the kind of thing that can get you in trouble because you have to understand all the facets of it, because it presumes everyone who doesn't have an ID doesn't have it because of shady reasons.

It's actually the opposite of the thinking democrats are taking ***for.

Not every poor, uneducated person in the inner city is a drug dealing thug mooching off of welfare and disability. But a lot of them still don't have valid public IDs because they don't have a need for them in their day-to-day life.

It's actually a far more complicated problem than people want to give it credit for being.

Like I said. Chip everyone at birth!
By fonewear 2016-11-17 10:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It's November 17 we won get over it ! Go fight social justice for the good of mankind !
By Viciouss 2016-11-17 10:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

306 to 232 is narrow?

To over-exaggerate it and to deny it completely are the same thing in my book. Its happening and when you get to margins as small as 10k, 20k or even 60k the fact that it is happening can make a huge difference.

306 to 232 is narrow?

Which is my whole point, considering how close the EC was, why would nausi run with the voter fraud lie when the outcome was in his favor?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-11-17 10:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Still waiting for someone to tell me how millions couldn't vote illegitimately in our system.

In NH you can just sign a piece of paper saying you just moved here and vote the same day. What did trump loose there by? 1000?
By Viciouss 2016-11-17 10:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Messed up the quote >.>
By Ramyrez 2016-11-17 10:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
It's November 17 we won get over it ! Go fight social justice for the good of mankind !

Personkind, you jerk!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-17 10:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Still waiting for someone to tell me how millions couldn't vote illegitimately in our system.

In NH you can just sign a piece of paper saying you just moved here and vote the same day. What did trump loose there by? 1000?

Chip databases for all!
By fonewear 2016-11-17 10:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

Personkind, you jerk!

Don't give them any idea we already are eliminating vocabulary in the cause of feels !
By fonewear 2016-11-17 10:15:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Just tattoo all illegal immigrants with "illegal" on their foreheads mission accomplished.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-17 10:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Just tattoo all illegal immigrants with "illegal" on their foreheads mission accomplished.

Except that plenty of legal U.S. citizens already have tattoos like that!
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-17 10:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It's throwback Thursday:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By eliroo 2016-11-17 10:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the fact the Democrats are complaining because they feel that states that require an ID to vote hurt the voter outcome, shows the type of people they want voting for them.

This is the kind of thing that can get you in trouble because you have to understand all the facets of it, because it presumes everyone who doesn't have an ID doesn't have it because of shady reasons.

It's actually the opposite of the thinking democrats are taking ***for.

Not every poor, uneducated person in the inner city is a drug dealing thug mooching off of welfare and disability. But a lot of them still don't have valid public IDs because they don't have a need for them in their day-to-day life.

It's actually a far more complicated problem than people want to give it credit for being.

Like I said. Chip everyone at birth!

Potentially, but in Texas an ID isn't incredibly hard to get. It just involves a wait at the DMV for a little bit and someone wanted to vote it wouldn't be too difficult to get.

I fail to see how not requiring an ID to vote would bring any sort of good to the country, it opens the gateway for undocumented immigrants to vote in our election.

Also, when people say Voter ID laws it doesn't necessarily mean they are complaining about voters require ID laws but it is a blanket term that encompasses a few other things that are something to complain about. I read a few articles though that were literally complaining about voters needing IDs.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-17 10:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll compromise with you.

Agree to make all sexual assault convictions felonies that revoke voting privilege and I'll agree we should have a much more stringent vetting of each and every voter.

For the record, I was ID'd when I voted as a new resident in Pennsylvania, and that was only as a new resident in my district. I've been a PA resident my whole life.

So there goes Rudy Giuliani's horse ***claim about fraud in Philly with people being bussed in!
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-17 10:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

because they're as lazy as everyone else that didn't vote?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-17 10:19:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Potentially, but in Texas an ID isn't incredibly hard to get. It just involves a wait at the DMV for a little bit and someone wanted to vote it wouldn't be too difficult to get.

It doesn't require *getting* to the DMV?

It doesn't require birth certificates or other proofs?

In Pennsylvania state IDs are technically free but still actually cost upward $100 if you need to obtain the various documents needed.

Post deleted by User.
By eliroo 2016-11-17 10:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Which is my whole point, considering how close the EC was, why would nausi run with the voter fraud lie when the outcome was in his favor?

I think he is poorly trying to counter the "popular vote" argument. Which I don't understand, Clinton won the popular vote which makes perfect sense but she didn't win the EC, which also makes sense as her platform would leave millions without jobs.
By eliroo 2016-11-17 10:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't require *getting* to the DMV?

It doesn't require birth certificates or other proofs?

In Pennsylvania state IDs are technically free but still actually cost upward $100 if you need to obtain the various documents needed.

That's a fair point, I forget there was a fee associated with it which most wouldn't be able to afford.
By fonewear 2016-11-17 10:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can't get a photo ID maybe we should send you to the Middle East where you can vote in their elections with your thumb !

Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-11-17 10:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »

So you think Trump won key states by using voter fraud? I don't get your point.
No, that Clinton's win of the popular vote is illegitimate.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-17 10:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a fair point, I forget there was a fee associated with it which most wouldn't be able to afford.

I think "most" is a stretch, but the thing is, the people who can't are also very frequently the exact people the GOP doesn't want voting in the first place.

Here's the thing. There would be a lot more validity in what Nausi is saying -- let me strike that. There is already validity in what he's saying.

It would be a lot easier to accept he's actually concerned with voting fairness if there weren't copious examples of the GOP admitting that voter suppression favors them and that they actively seek to do it.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By eliroo 2016-11-17 10:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I think "most" is a stretch, but the thing is, the people who can't are also very frequently the exact people the GOP doesn't want voting in the first place.

Here's the thing. There would be a lot more validity in what Nausi is saying -- let me strike that. There is already validity in what he's saying.

It would be a lot easier to accept he's actually concerned with voting fairness if there weren't copious examples of the GOP admitting that voter suppression favors them and that they actively seek to do it.

Another fair statement, I think this year it is a much bigger concern because anti-immigration was a big platform this year. I find it silly how Democrats had a few years to sort this issue out. Something as simple as Free ID's would have fixed this problem.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-17 10:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Another fair statement, I think this year it is a much bigger concern because anti-immigration was a big platform this year. I find it silly how Democrats had a few years to sort this issue out. Something as simple as Free ID's would have fixed this problem.

Pinning it on Dems is sort of a problem too though. The places where it's happening are very solidly GOP-held. Ohio and North Carolina come to mind as two places I seem to recall being talked about in the news as places where the GOP was very publically trying to suppress voting.
First Page 2 3 ... 64 65 66 ... 99 100 101