Random Politics & Religion #14

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #14
Random Politics & Religion #14
First Page 2 3 ... 52 53 54 ... 99 100 101

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-11-14 22:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Aside from Bannon's white nationalist popularity, I don't see how an ex Goldman Sachs investment banker fits in with Trump's anti-corruption agenda. Clinton got ***for being cozy with Wall Street and here he his hiring someone who made their wealth in the very business Trump claims to not be beholden to.

Right now it's about loyalty. Trump had good working relationships with Rince and Bannon during the campaign. They were integral in his election, and they belong in the very inner circle.

Personally its about time a anti-liberal outlet was given such a boost. That in itself is anti corruption.
[+]
 Asura.Vienner
Server: Asura
By Asura.Vienner 2016-11-15 02:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Who wore it better

I bet if Hillary dressed better, she might have won.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-11-15 04:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Right now it's about loyalty. Trump had good working relationships with Rince and Bannon during the campaign. They were integral in his election, and they belong in the very inner circle.

Personally its about time a anti-liberal outlet was given such a boost. That in itself is anti corruption.
Oh thaaaaaat's what it's about. Because I thought his campaign message was anti-establishment, anti-media, anti-cronyism. It would be weird hiring the people he did otherwise.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-11-15 05:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-11-15 06:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

Oh thaaaaaat's what it's about. Because I thought his campaign message was anti-establishment, anti-media, anti-cronyism. It would be weird hiring the people he did otherwise.
Then clearly you have a very skewed idea of what the establishment, media, and cronyism consist of.
By eliroo 2016-11-15 07:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

@Nasui , if you don't see a problem with Bannon in the white house, you are part of the problem.

Reince makes a lot of sense and while is an insider, that doesn't limit Trump from following through with his term limit and lobbying plans.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-15 08:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Just like how racism is not a Republican/conservative-only trait, corruption is not a democrat/liberal-only trait.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-15 08:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Ramyrez said: »
didn't star young men for Tumblr girls to ship together.

Hey. *** you, buddy. They didn't let me enjoy Dresden before they canceled it!
By Ramyrez 2016-11-15 08:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
fonewear said: »
Plus Huff Post users are very naive and easy to rile up.

The best was on election night when the first polls began closing, HuffPo started live streaming a video of a lit Donald Trump figurine candle with the caption "Watch Trump melt down".

Tee hee oops.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-11-15 08:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Just like how racism is not a Republican/conservative-only trait, corruption is not a democrat/liberal-only trait.

KN how ya been? We don't need to rush to the cuck zone anymore, we won giving that mentality a big middle finger.
Of course corruption isn't an exclusive idea, but it certainly is the reality.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-15 08:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

We don't need to rush to the cuck zone anymore,

Wow. Just lettin' that alt right flag fly, huh?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-11-15 08:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Before we get reacquainted after a long break, can I get a rough estimate of any potential saltiness?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-15 08:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

we won giving that mentality a big middle finger.
Yes, that's what I have been saying all of last week, and some people (here) are denying that.

Specifically for Clinton. But only specifically.

Very possible for Obama, but 2 things come to mind: 1) Obama's term is up, and 2) the focus was more on the future and less on the past.

Obama and his administration will be judged accordingly, but honestly, there's nothing we can do about it now. We had our chances in 2008 and 2012, but now we need to move on towards 2017-2020.
By fonewear 2016-11-15 08:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

This is right up our alley: Subway therapy maybe Jared should have taken notice...

If this is what passes for therapy the Psychology field is on the same level as astrologers !

YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2016-11-15 08:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The feminization of America has reached such a high level that it is going to take two terms of Trump to get men back on course.
By fonewear 2016-11-15 08:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Before we get reacquainted after a long break, can I get a rough estimate of any potential saltiness?

As your internet doctor I suggest a moderate about of salt in your diet to remain vital and strong !
By fonewear 2016-11-15 08:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

amount *
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-11-15 08:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, that's what I have been saying all of last week, and some people (here) are denying that.

Very possible for Obama, but 2 things come to mind: 1) Obama's term is up, and 2) the focus was more on the future and less on the past.

Obama and his administration will be judged accordingly, but honestly, there's nothing we can do about it now. We had our chances in 2008 and 2012, but now we need to move on towards 2017-2020.
I've been spreading the same word elsewhere, it's amazing how many people think the reason hey lost is because they didn't shove the PC culture down our throats enough, opposed to the exact opposite. The ensuing meltdown afterwards is just symbolic of the denial part of the five stages of grief. It's fun to watch, if hardcore libs keep it up, they will isolate themselves into oblivion.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-11-15 09:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

As your internet doctor I suggest a moderate about of salt in your diet to remain vital and strong !

Yeah I just wanna know if I'm about to take a swig of a coke, or some soy sauce.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-15 09:01:52
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what happens when people live in a bubble. They never get out of their comfort zone. To see what it is like in "real" America. They appeal to the base of far left liberals and activists. And forget that not all Democrats are crazy loons...just 95% of them !
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-11-15 09:04:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It was really stunning to watch many my rl friends lash out at everyone, legitimately not realizing that they live in what amounts to an "echo chamber".
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-15 09:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I do like all the over analyzing from the liberal elite though. Spending hour and hours and countless fluff pieces explaining to us the "great unwashed" why Trump won. As if being a arrogant *** 24/7 on CNN wasn't insufferable enough. Now the whining has reached historical levels we haven't seen since George W Bush was in office.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-11-15 09:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I do like all the over analyzing from the liberal elite though. Spending hour and hours and countless fluff pieces explaining to us the "great unwashed" why Trump won. As if being a arrogant *** 24/7 on CNN wasn't insufferable enough. Now the whining has reached historical levels we haven't seen since George W Bush was in office.

Well, they are doubling down. In part because they are in denial, the ones at the top know aren't. They now know their ideas don't work, but the marching orders have been given nonetheless.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-15 09:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lower than you'd expect. At least on my end. I have a remarkable ability to get very upset about the abstract and remain rather grounded when dealing with actual things. I'd suggest the two are related. Get bent out of shape about the philosophical and deal rationally with reality. *shrug*

I just think using the word "cuck" is an indication of some serious issues. Much like automatically accusing anyone who voted for Trump of being a KKK member...it's just inflammatory nonsense full of smug self-congratulatory undertones.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-15 09:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the thing. Academics journalists activists etc all live in theory. If they actually tried to do what they theorize. They would have given up gotten a job stopped bitching and got with the program.

Explaining away how things should be doesn't make it so !
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-15 09:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been spreading the same word elsewhere, it's amazing how many people think the reason hey lost is because they didn't shove the PC culture down our throats enough, opposed to the exact opposite. The ensuing meltdown afterwards is just symbolic of the denial part of the five stages of grief. It's fun to watch, if hardcore libs keep it up, they will isolate themselves into oblivion.

...somewhat oddly we're in agreement. I'm unhappy Donald lost but it was a closer race than anyone on the left wanted to admit the whole time and if they were shocked it's their own damn fault in many ways.

I actually do hope the out-there PC/feely folks on the left isolate themselves into oblivion. The sooner we can ground things in reality the better. I'm obviously pretty left-leaning on policy issues, but the trigger warnings and safe spaces are what lost this election for the left. You can't put yourself in a comfortable echo chamber and expect happy results.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-11-15 09:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lower than you'd expect. At least on my end. I have a remarkable ability to get very upset about the abstract and remain rather grounded when dealing with actual things. I'd suggest the two are related. Get bent out of shape about the philosophical and deal rationally with reality. *shrug*

I just think using the word "cuck" is an indication of some serious issues. Much like automatically accusing anyone who voted for Trump of being a KKK member...it's just inflammatory nonsense full of smug self-congratulatory undertones.

Well which is it? A serious issue (meaning what exactly), or just smug self congratulatory undertones?
By Ramyrez 2016-11-15 09:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the thing. Academics journalists activists etc all live in theory. If they actually tried to do what they theorize. They would have given up gotten a job stopped bitching and got with the program.

Explaining away how things should be doesn't make it so !

Precisely!

*digs through the internet*

Ah! This one should appropriately upset everyone.

[+]
By eliroo 2016-11-15 09:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree to, this election process would have been entirely different if we were voting based on policy and not based on outrage culture or other superfluous reasons.

On a side note, Bernie just released his book today and I am a little interested in reading it.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 52 53 54 ... 99 100 101