Random Politics & Religion #14

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #14
Random Politics & Religion #14
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52 ... 99 100 101
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-14 16:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're looking for information on the Electoral College, gifs from a sitcom probably aren't your best primary source. We are a democratic republic, not a true democracy. So yes, it is "undemocratic" to lose the popular vote and win the presidency, and we'll always have idiots who think they can turn any phrase into a pejorative because it didn't work out for them a couple times.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-14 16:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Aside from Bannon's white nationalist popularity, I don't see how an ex Goldman Sachs investment banker fits in with Trump's anti-corruption agenda. Clinton got ***for being cozy with Wall Street and here he his hiring someone who made their wealth in the very business Trump claims to not be beholden to.

You know who gave Clinton the most trouble for being cozy with Wall Street? Sanders supporters. Clinton was "beholden" to them because they gave her craploads of money. Trump isn't "beholden" to them just because he chooses to work with someone with experience in the industry. Trump doesn't owe Bannon anything after this, and he's his boss.
By eliroo 2016-11-14 16:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The EC could use some updating but voting based on pure popular vote would often have terrible results for the US. Less populated areas have completely different needs then people in the city and given the nature of their business they are usually more sparsely populated.

The EC has honestly done a good job of balancing party rule.

I do agree that it is violates a true democracy but we aren't a true democracy.

This election would have seen a ton of workers in the rust belt silenced because metropolitan cities don't understand their desires or needs.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By eliroo 2016-11-14 16:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

@Ravael , Pleebo was talking about his potential Treasury secretary pick.

As for that notion, I don't think that is necessarily a bad decision given how he needs to pull people with experience into those positions since he has very little experience. I do agree that it looks very counter productive to his "Drain the swamp" plans.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-14 16:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »

As for that notion, I don't think that is necessarily a bad decision given how he needs to pull people with experience into those positions since he has very little experience. I do agree that it looks very counter productive to his "Drain the swamp" plans.

Yeah, I screwed up my post by putting the wrong name in there, thanks for pointing that out. It doesn't change my post's intent any, though. Hiring someone does not make you beholden to them.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-14 16:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Seeing stuff like this posted online makes me wonder how much of it is true; getting curious about looking up details of your country's history.
If you're looking for information on the Electoral College, gifs from a sitcom probably aren't your best primary source.
My post very obviously conveyed apprehension towards the gifs, so what was the point of your sentence?
that you agree with my apprehension?

It seemed like you were buying into it. If not, then yes, your apprehension is warranted.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-11-14 16:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I screwed up my post by putting the wrong name in there, thanks for pointing that out. It doesn't change my post's intent any, though. Hiring someone does not make you beholden to them.

I'm going to disagree a bit here, by hiring them he is trusting their experiences to guide him. For someone as inexperienced as Trump it has always been about the people he puts in his cabinet. So far that isn't look too great.
By fonewear 2016-11-14 16:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I expected this degree of fallout. Here are my expectations for the rest of the cabinet:

"Too much of an insider."
"Not experienced enough."
"Too controversial."
"Too safe."
"Too white."
"He's just hiring minorities for the sake of pandering."
"He's alienating his base."
"He's alienating the establishment."
"You call that draining the swamp?"

Too white would that mean albino ?
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-14 16:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Warning may cause extreme pleasure:

Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-14 16:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly don't even mind the people who want the popular vote. I think it's a terrible idea, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. Right now, though, we have people saying that Trump isn't their president because Hillary really won the election. That's like saying that the Super Bowl winner doesn't count because you decided after the game that the team with the most yards should be the winner, not the team with the most points.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-11-14 16:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Warning may cause extreme pleasure:

Google Nastya Zhidkova. You're welcome.
By fonewear 2016-11-14 17:00:01
Link | Quote | Reply

If you breed an albino person with another albino person would they be invisible ?
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-11-14 17:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

If you breed an albino person with another albino person would they be invisible ?
Maybe to the parents, people with Albinism don't see too well.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-14 17:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I really can't see the justification for being too white. Can you be too black ? Too Hispanic ? Too Asian ?

Is there an ultimate form of whiteness I need to attain ? Cause I'll do it.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-14 17:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

This election would have seen a ton of workers in the rust belt silenced because metropolitan cities don't understand their desires or needs.

As opposed to the ton of voters who are poor/non-white/non-Christian/non-hetero/etc. that had their votes silenced instead?

You're not wrong per se, but that's what happens no matter what, no matter who wins, and no matter what metric you use.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-14 17:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I really can't see the justification for being too white. Can you be too black ? Too Hispanic ? Too Asian ?

Is there an ultimate form of whiteness I need to attain ? Cause I'll do it.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-14 17:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly don't even mind the people who want the popular vote. I think it's a terrible idea, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. Right now, though, we have people saying that Trump isn't their president because Hillary really won the election. That's like saying that the Super Bowl winner doesn't count because you decided after the game that the team with the most yards should be the winner, not the team with the most points.

Trying to speak objectively, this is absolutely correct.

The only people who might have a right to *** in this regard are the people who are 18-21 who are voting for the first time. Everyone else remembers 2000. You either moved to Canada already or you accepted that this is how ***is done.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-14 17:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know Starbucks preaches diversity how can they keep white people from drinking coffee ?
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-11-14 17:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you be too black ?
The phrase "Bruh, you so black, you purple." was used to *** with a friend of mine in high school fairly often.

Who knows?
By fonewear 2016-11-14 17:08:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll have a mocha frappe with a side of diversity please:

By fonewear 2016-11-14 17:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Frappuccino I get my made up names mixed up !
By fonewear 2016-11-14 17:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Imagine condescending/smug messages on your cup of coffee:

[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-14 17:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Being popular is overrated or so the popular people tell me...

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2016-11-14 17:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Puts on serious hat for a minute:

The reason we have the electoral college is so places like LA Chicago NYC etc determine every single election. And rural areas have more impact then just cities.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-14 17:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
I don't see how an ex Goldman Sachs investment banker fits in with Trump's anti-corruption agenda.

[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-14 17:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

He isn't just any man with the help of a small one million dollar loan he became President !
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-14 17:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's be honest if we did everything that was popular we would all be on drugs right now. Cause have you see the latest heroin craze everyone is doing it !
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52 ... 99 100 101