Random Politics & Religion #14

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #14
Random Politics & Religion #14
First Page 2 3 ... 46 47 48 ... 99 100 101
By Bloodrose 2016-11-13 12:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
For you Chanti:

Dear Lefties: If you don't 'feel safe', you can always buy guns

Quote:
After Donald Trump’s smashing electoral victory earlier this week, a familiar liberal phenomenon was given new life: the “I-don’t-feel-safe” meme.

Many people were moved to feel “unsafe” as Trump claimed the presidency over Hillary Clinton. One woman, an immigrant from the United Kingdom, said: “I don’t feel safe here anymore.” At Northwestern University, according to the school’s newspaper, “Muslim students feel unsafe.” One high school student in Seattle said, “We feel unsafe with our futures.” At Upworthy, a self-identified “*** black woman” explained “how you can help [her] feel safe in Trump’s America.”

Now, on the one hand, this is all sort of silly. “Feeling unsafe” has become a time-honored tradition in modern America, all the more so under Trump. Indeed, earlier this year at Emory University it only took the word “Trump” written in chalk for students to feel “unsafe.” But this is all kind of goofy. There is no real indication—yet, anyway—that “Trump’s America” will be a less-safe country for anyone.

On the other hand, it’s somewhat understandable: Trump has courted racists throughout his brief political career, he has been inexcusably rude and depraved towards women both now and in the past, and he has invigorated a small but vocal faction of “alt-right” bigot maniacs. So we can sympathize with people who think a Trump presidency might be at least theoretically dangerous for certain demographics.

With that in mind, here is a suggestion for anyone who feels newly “unsafe” in the United States of America: buy some guns and train yourself well how to use them.

Seriously—do it. There are few better ways to protect yourself against violence, terrorism, and oppression than firearms. Ida B. Wells knew it, as did Frederick Douglass—two Americans who had more than enough reason to feel “unsafe” throughout their lives.

It’s an Acquired Skill

The good news is that, in America, your gun rights have never been more widespread and more accessible. Barring some states that make it difficult to buy a gun, it is easy enough to acquire a good firearm for your own personal protection.

Of course, you should absolutely learn how to use a gun before arming yourself with one. But there’s good news there, too: you can find a gun safety course just about everywhere. The National Rifle Association—the nation’s oldest civil rights group and an absolutely dogged defender of your right to keep and bear arms—has countless resources to help you find a safety course near you.

Once you’ve familiarized yourself well with the basics of gun safety, you should buy a gun. If you’re unsure of which gun you want to buy, you can check out the innumerable gun ranges around the country. Most of these ranges will let you rent the weapon of your choice and test it out as much as you want. The staff at these ranges will usually be happy to give you tips on how to improve your accuracy and your basic firearm handling skills.

Next, Get a Concealed-Carry License

Once you’ve become proficient at handling firearms (and you’ve committed yourself to a good training regimen to keep your skills sharp), you can apply for a concealed-carry license. Thanks to the relentless efforts of state-level Republican Party officials, it has never been easier to get your concealed-carry permit: every state has a concealed-carry law on the books, and the vast majority of them are “shall-issue,” meaning the state cannot prohibit you from acquiring your license unless you are forbidden by law from having one.

Many historically persecuted minority groups have found gun ownership to be a wonderful way to provide for their security. In the wake of the Orlando terrorist attacks this year, gay Americans began heavily patronizing gun stores. If certain groups or demographics feel “unsafe” in the United States now that Trump will be president in January, they are free (and encouraged) to follow the lead of their LGBTQ fellow citizens.

One of the reasons America is great is that, even now, we recognize that the citizen is sovereign, and that he or she retains certain inalienable rights that government has no authority to take away. One of those rights is self-defense—and any American who is genuinely concerned about his or her safety can avail himself or herself of that right very easily.

This is a troubling time for America. But we are still the greatest country on earth. And we should not neglect the Second Amendment, a constitutional provision that, for more than two centuries, has helped keep it that way.
The best thing in this article, isn't just that it re-iterates the right to bear arms movement, but that it's actively saying to go and learn to use, store, clean, and be safe with firearms before owning one.

You know, the common sense thing that a lot of people with guns tend to overlook, as though simply having a gun is a safety net.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-11-13 12:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

King, a lesson from my personal history and its application today.

Long ago someone called me a hippy in a derisive manner. I informed him that he needed to learn the difference between hippies and beatniks.

The difference, I informed him, is that hippies are nonviolent.

Today there are many pacifist lefties. None of them are anarchists.

The riots, which are actually rather lame compared to riots in the past, have been in Portland and Oakland, two overwhelmingly democratic cities. So the anarchists destroy private business property in those democratic strongholds to express... well, IDK what save their love of smashing things.

If you can figure out the why of this behavior, or any logic to it, please tell me.
By fonewear 2016-11-13 12:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
King, a lesson from my personal history and its application today.

Long ago someone called me a hippy in a derisive manner. I informed him that he needed to learn the difference between hippies and beatniks.

The difference, I informed him, is that hippies are nonviolent.

Today there are many pacifist lefties. None of them are anarchists.

The riots, which are actually rather lame compared to riots in the past, have been in Portland and Oakland, two overwhelmingly democratic cities. So the anarchists destroy private business property in those democratic strongholds to express... well, IDK what save their love of smashing things.

If you can figure out the why of this behavior, or any logic to it, please tell me.

Because they are taking out their sexual frustrations on windows and trash cans ?
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-11-13 13:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fone, if the anarchists' parties today are ANYTHIG like the the socalists' and comunists' parties when I was young, they are not sexually frustrated.

Heck, even you could have gotten laid back then.
By fonewear 2016-11-13 13:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fone, if the anarchists' parties today are ANYTHIG like the the socalists' and comunists' parties when I was young, they are not sexually frustrated.

Heck, even you could have gotten laid back then.

Just because they are having sex doesn't mean they are frustrated !
By fonewear 2016-11-13 13:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you talked to a 20 something lately ? I have and they are mentally deranged. They haven't been living in reality for a long time.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-13 13:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

If anything the sexual liberation has made people more depressed. Because having meaningless sex is still meaningless.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-13 13:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Back to the previous discussion, if Trump is going back on campaign promises then nobody sent him the memo yet.

Basically more of what he's already said, with some extra details. According to him, "The wall" will be part wall, part fence, depending on the area. Repealing and replacing Obamacare will be done simultaneously so that there isn't a gap. Deportations will be focused on people with criminal records, but he thinks he can deport up to twice as many as Obama did in his first term.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Ackeron 2016-11-13 14:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
I've always felt those who own guns owe it to those that choose not to, to know how to properly store their weapons as a civic responsibility. You know, properly cleaned, unloaded chamber, no ammo in the magazine, in a safe in one room with the ammo in another safe in another room, and only one person having access to the key or combination to unlock either safe.

Too often, there are idiots out there that leave a rifle leaning, loaded, in an unlocked closet and their kid gets into the closet, steals the gun and shoots someone else or themselves either intentionally or accidentally. Or they sit down to clean the gun without checking to see if there's no round still in the chamber and they accidentally shoot someone else. Too many idiots owning that lack the common sense or sense of responsibility to do so.
Oh hello armed person who broke into my home, give me a moment to go into these 2 rooms and open up 2 safes to get my weapon to defend myself with, thanks you're a great person.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-11-13 15:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Donald Trump is expected to name Republican Party Chairman Reince Priebus his new chief of staff
By fonewear 2016-11-13 15:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm doing the sex offender shuffle:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-13 15:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if you're keeping the gun and ammo separate, there's no reason to have the two safes in two different rooms. It's not like the bullets will break themselves out and put themselves into the other safe just because they're in proximity.
[+]
By Ackeron 2016-11-13 15:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

And if you are dumb enough to have a kid and not teach them some gun safety that's on you.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-13 16:01:37
Link | Quote | Reply

never really understood the need for gun safes, just get a case with a combo lock and store it somewhere in proximity to the master bed.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-11-13 17:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Locking trigger guards have been available for decades.

None of the people I knew to sleep with a pistol under the pillow had kids. Also, none of them ever had a reason to ever pull it out.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-13 17:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

They didn't have kids, sounds like they pulled out everytime!

Ok, I'll go to bed..
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-13 18:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Even if you're keeping the gun and ammo separate, there's no reason to have the two safes in two different rooms. It's not like the bullets will break themselves out and put themselves into the other safe just because they're in proximity.
It's the same argument that guns can walk around shooting people on their own.

Might as well go further and lock the safety into place, with a key that's locked in a timed combination lock that can only open between 12:00 A.M. and 12:02 A.M. every day.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-13 18:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

These specific riots, sure.

But don't forget, we also had in our most recent history riots in Ferguson, St. Louis, New York City, Los Angeles, and Sacramento, just to name a few (Dallas almost became a riot, but our police force is better than instigating violence, even though violence just happened to them right there).

All of these have a similar theme for them all, and also includes your question as to why: They riot because they didn't get their way.

Every single one of these riots was because they cannot comprehend that not everything can go their way, so they induce violence, thinking that violence solves everything. And since they have so very limited viewpoints, telling them otherwise is actually a calling card for them to do it.

It really is that simple. They riot because they can, and they riot because they believe that rioting solves everything. They riot because they see that riots sometimes do solve the problems (hark, o' Arab Spring).

And yes, I just edited my post. Bite me.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-13 20:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

I'd like to see people in France do this:

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Bloodrose 2016-11-13 20:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

***. I got a rare, once in a lifetime + from Savael.

The trifecta is complete: Cubs won the world series, trump got elected, and I got a + from Savael. We're all doomed.

Dooomed!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2016-11-13 22:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll try again, but it was so difficult to read it beyond this "I strongly supported Hillary Clinton, campaigned hard on her behalf, and believed she was the right choice on Election Day."

Biggest sell out in the campaign
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-11-13 23:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
These specific riots, sure.

But don't forget, we also had in our most recent history riots in Ferguson, St. Louis, New York City, Los Angeles, and Sacramento, just to name a few (Dallas almost became a riot, but our police force is better than instigating violence, even though violence just happened to them right there).

All of these have a similar theme for them all, and also includes your question as to why: They riot because they didn't get their way....
I am not talking about Ferguson et al, I am talking about how the anarchists out here on the left coast just have to turn a peaceful demonstration into chaos and destruction.

And by doing so they ARE getting what they want. Whatever it is.

There are things about the current generation I do not understand. Anarchists' destruction, trigger warnings, hipsters' ugly beards....
By Yatenkou 2016-11-14 00:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ackeron said: »
I've always felt those who own guns owe it to those that choose not to, to know how to properly store their weapons as a civic responsibility. You know, properly cleaned, unloaded chamber, no ammo in the magazine, in a safe in one room with the ammo in another safe in another room, and only one person having access to the key or combination to unlock either safe.

Too often, there are idiots out there that leave a rifle leaning, loaded, in an unlocked closet and their kid gets into the closet, steals the gun and shoots someone else or themselves either intentionally or accidentally. Or they sit down to clean the gun without checking to see if there's no round still in the chamber and they accidentally shoot someone else. Too many idiots owning that lack the common sense or sense of responsibility to do so.
Oh hello armed person who broke into my home, give me a moment to go into these 2 rooms and open up 2 safes to get my weapon to defend myself with, thanks you're a great person.
Sure, laugh now. I'll be sitting here laughing at you when your 5 year old gets to your unsecured gun and shoots someone.
First and foremost, you can do a lot of preventative measures that secures your gun while not eliminating it during a crisis.

Storing the firearm in a closet or in a case hidden under the bed is a good idea, whereas hiding the ammunition in another yet close part of the room is another tactic. 5 year olds aren't that smart, and are easily influenced if you tell them "You are to not touch this at all" should they touch it, you just their *** and tell them "I told you no, don't ever touch that again" and they will learn extremely fast. This'll keep your ammunition hidden from a curious tot, while keeping it readily available. I personally own a glock pistol that my dad legally purchased and registered. I'll be getting paperwork to own it once I move out, but I yah concealed carry permits. I keep the pistol unloaded in my nightstand, whereas I keep the clip loaded and stored in a jewelry box. Won't notice the gun, but I can easily get to both parts both quickly and silently.

Now if I could just figure out how to not be a *** if these situations ever occur. I live in the sticks, we never have people come out here, makes me safe from the protests n ***
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-14 04:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bulgaria and Moldova elect pro-russian governments

The eastern block grows again.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 46 47 48 ... 99 100 101