Fire Emblem Fates - Megathread
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-19 11:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Carrotchan said: »
I would've picked birthright, better waifus imo!
Except for Camilla, but still.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-02-19 11:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

WHERE IS IT MAIL MAN?
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-19 12:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
WHERE IS IT MAIL MAN?
If you ordered from Amazon, they probably shipped it in a wooden crate of foam peanuts. When I got FFEX it came in a box like 8 times the size of the case.
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-02-19 12:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Camilla
[+]
 Siren.Obysuca
Server: Siren
user: Obysuca
By Siren.Obysuca 2016-02-19 12:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm convinced gamestop doesn't actually have the game yet >_> Kind of wanted to just go pick it up today rather than wait a week for shipping, but seems any version of it, bundle or not, doesn't have a "check store" yet D: 1 job gamestop lol I'd rather not drive 30 miles to find out its not there. Had that problem with another game I got a few months ago, called, said in stock, got there, nope.

I was pretty sure I was going to buy birthright, but looking at the waifus, it seems theres only like 2? in birthright, but like 4-5? in conquest D:
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-19 12:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
Camilla
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-02-19 12:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Obysuca said: »
So I'm convinced gamestop doesn't actually have the game yet >_> Kind of wanted to just go pick it up today rather than wait a week for shipping, but seems any version of it, bundle or not, doesn't have a "check store" yet D: 1 job gamestop lol I'd rather not drive 30 miles to find out its not there. Had that problem with another game I got a few months ago, called, said in stock, got there, nope.

I was pretty sure I was going to buy birthright, but looking at the waifus, it seems theres only like 2? in birthright, but like 4-5? in conquest D:

id check walmart, Toys R Us, or better yet, target.
more often than not, target has some sort of special going on. while not a direct price cut, sometimes they add a 5~10 gift card with purchase.

that asides, lamestop would just go:
[nerdy voice]"did you preorder it? no? well that would teach you to preorder your game next time instead of trying to get one on launch day hehehehehe"[/nerd voice]

and yes, I was told this once, and avoided this store for years.
 Siren.Obysuca
By Siren.Obysuca 2016-02-19 12:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

more often than not, target has some sort of special going on. while not a direct price cut, sometimes they add a 5~10 gift card with purchase.

[nerdy voice]"did you preorder it? no? well that would teach you to preorder your game next time instead of trying to get one on launch day hehehehehe"[/nerd voice]

Well, downside about living in the middle of no where, the closest target is an hour away lol so~

>_> Called, no answer. Really gamestop? lol Tempted to just drive down there and get lunch, just so if its not in stock, its not a wasted trip

Edit: Yeah nope, not in stock D: Might just order online. I really hate having to find an employee at walmart or something and have them open the glass door >_> lol Seems only gamestop has the bundle though from what I've found
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-19 12:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

When I went to GS for FFEX, I was told that they only get in pre-order copies on launch day. >.>
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-02-19 12:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

meanwhile walmart had like 20 of them.
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-02-19 12:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I went to walmart yesterday hoping they messed up and sold them early, was tempted to go back at midnight and buy it but I think everyone that posts in RT knows how that woulda turned out.

If UPS delivers this after I go to work I'ma be angry.
 Siren.Obysuca
By Siren.Obysuca 2016-02-19 13:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I went to gamestop like 3? days after FFEX release, couldn't find it on the shelf, asked them, apparently they just got a new shipment that day lol
By Clinpachi 2016-02-19 13:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't be surprised if gamestop was pulling that ***on purpose just to drive up guaranteed sales. It's not a bad idea, but it's a *** move for a *** store that gives you $4.00 for a game they turn around and sell for $29.99

My copy from amazon arrived around noon today~ I'm stuck on a project for work so I can't play yet... but MUCH EXCITE.

All the better -> Black Desert online goes down for 4 hour mainetnance during CBT2 so even more time to play today lol.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-19 14:06:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I went to gamestop like 3? days after FFEX release, couldn't find it on the shelf, asked them, apparently they just got a new shipment that day lol
For FF 4 Heroes of Light, I showed up while UPS was there and sat there while they went in the back, opened the box, brought a copy out, entered it into the inventory, THEN sold it to me. If you pre-order, GS will blow you, otherwise...meh.
 Siren.Obysuca
By Siren.Obysuca 2016-02-19 16:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

>_> Welp, got birthright~ Walmart and Target didn't have it and wouldn't until Thursday, but Best Buy did lol Hour and a half to get there (traffic D: < ) for a 2 min trip into the store >_>
Got the last copy~!

Clinpachi said: »
I wouldn't be surprised if gamestop was pulling that ***on purpose just to drive up guaranteed sales. It's not a bad idea, but it's a *** move for a *** store that gives you $4.00 for a game they turn around and sell for $29.99

$4.00? That's about $2.00 more than usual :P I've actually traded in a game once, got like ~3.00 for it, saw it on the shelf a while later for $39.99

Clinpachi said: »
All the better -> Black Desert online goes down for 4 hour mainetnance during CBT2 so even more time to play today lol.

Is Black Desert any good or is it just a typical mmo thats been rehashed since 2005? Been hearing mixed reviews on it and considering it's buy to play, it'd be better to know before throwing money at it
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-02-19 17:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

a friend got me a beta key for Black Desert.
as I have stated before, game looks pretty, character creator too, but so far (chara creator) it felt lackluster and confusing. easy to ruin your character.
no idea how the game plays yet.

got home, still no package.
MSPaint Winner
By Ohji Lunartail 2016-02-19 17:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

btw for anyone who wants Anna she comes in one of the maps included in the first map pack. idk wich one but its the only way to get her atm
By SpaceAnomaly 2016-02-19 17:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tried any amiibos? I'm curious to see if non FE amiibos give items or anything.
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-02-19 18:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

" Possible delay in delivery due to arrival at incorrect carrier facility "

:|
MSPaint Winner
By Ohji Lunartail 2016-02-19 19:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

petting mini game is still in. next time i get one ill post a screenie
MSPaint Winner
By Ohji Lunartail 2016-02-19 19:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

my avatar btw ;3
[+]
By Ackeron 2016-02-19 19:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

SpaceAnomaly said: »
Has anyone tried any amiibos? I'm curious to see if non FE amiibos give items or anything.
Far as I know it only works with FE amiibos.

BUT I believe if you have smash information stored on the amiibo when you use it after recruiting the character they will reference having been in Super Smash Brothers.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sulia
Server: Lakshmi
user: Sulia
By Lakshmi.Sulia 2016-02-19 20:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

When I went to GS for FFEX, I was told that they only get in pre-order copies on launch day. >.>
For something that isn't a Call of Duty or Halo, they'll only get in enough copies to fulfill preorders typically. If it isn't some HUGE title that will sell regardless of preorders or not, that is what happens. So, most JRPGs and RPGs in general they'll only get enough for preorders.

I worked there for 2 and a half years and saw how shipment worked. I'm not sure if they still adhere to this rule, but the absolute worse was how if a customer didn't pick up their CE within 48 hours after launch, the store was allowed to sell it. They wouldn't do this for those "big titles" obviously, but something that they'd only get in preorder copies for they would.
 Siren.Obysuca
By Siren.Obysuca 2016-02-19 21:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohji Lunartail said: »

my avatar btw ;3

Mine~
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-02-19 21:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

7:30 and still no delivery

ಠ_ಠ

30 mins to go
 Siren.Obysuca
By Siren.Obysuca 2016-02-19 21:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

7:30 and still no delivery

ಠ_ಠ

30 mins to go

Don't most deliveries stop around 5-6 though? At least around here, UPS and stuff does
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-20 15:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Arriving Thursday?! NO!!
By SpaceAnomaly 2016-02-20 15:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Arriving Thursday?! NO!!
Amazon? Cancel it and just go to walmart. My local walmart had a crap ton of copies.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-20 15:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Arriving Thursday?! NO!!
Amazon? Cancel it and just go to walmart. My local walmart had a crap ton of copies.
Too far along to cancel. Besides, stuff usually comes a bit faster than they expect.
By SpaceAnomaly 2016-02-20 15:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Arriving Thursday?! NO!!
Too far along to cancel. Besides, stuff usually comes a bit faster than they expect.
ah so its shipped then? Mine hasnt shipped out yet but says arriving tuesday. as long as it hasnt shipped they havent charged you. I would cancel but I got the prime discount and only paid $33.