First Page 2 3 ... 188 189 190 ... 201 202 203
 Asura.Echandra
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2017-11-02 18:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cair said: »
Imagine if people actually had to think about how to kill something... Would anything ever get cleared for anyone ever?!

Thinking about how to clear stuff sucks...but apparently doesn't suck enough that I have stopped playing this game. SIGH. I must say I'm always amused by how much people still care what other people think in this game. Being relevant matters!
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-11-02 18:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Summoners don't clear content. Players clear content.

Don't let the government take your Summoners. Or something.
[+]
By Staleyx 2017-11-02 19:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Will the mods please get rid of this guy. Used to enjoy reading these forums.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2017-11-02 20:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I'm ok with enforced variety.

Voidwatch called and they want you to bring one of every job.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-02 20:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Inuyushi said: »
I'm ok with enforced variety.

Voidwatch called and they want you to bring one of every job.

As much as people cringe on that, it was actually ok and we did bring several different DD's because of that.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-11-02 20:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Voidwatch certainly had flaws, but it accomplished some impressive things.

It utilized strategy that was fully supported by auto-translate.
Because of this, it encouraged cooperation between players from all over the world.
It opened up opportunities for all players and all jobs.
Everyone had to pay attention, because every fight was slightly different.
Procing white was hilarious and fun and engaging.
Being able to reset the procs via /fume was also a great feature.
[+]
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2017-11-02 23:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

When a SMN is silenced, they can't use their magical power to use BPs. Adjust some NMs. Balanced and it actually jives how they're controlling the avatar.

Let the salt flow.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2017-11-02 23:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Conduit is so overpowered that we refuse to use it for anything but O/U master trial. I can't stand groups that rely and only do things with lolsmnconduitzergscrub method. Have nothing against the job, it can serve many functions and do many things. Conduit is stupid though. Grossly overpowered and unbalanced. I'm butt hurt.

Taking the path of least resistance to accomplish ***is natural.....but when 80+ % of the player base feels they have to lvl/gear/play one job to get ***done, it's obviously unbalanced. AC needs a nerf of some kind for the sake of balance.
By Chimerawizard 2017-11-02 23:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Leave conduit as is, but add a powerful but quick to reset DT- for each WS performed. 3~seconds without WS is required for it to reset.

People can keep using Conduit burn for old content, however they will find it does not work well for new content.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2017-11-03 00:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Or maybe have the FFXI team of 2 underpaid developers and a homeless guy they adopted as a mascot focus on making new content over wrecking stuff that has 0 impact on my FFXI experience.

Or maybe finally (actually) fix Monk.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-11-03 00:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if you don't realize it, it does have an impact on your ffxi experience.

By people not wanting to play due to boredom. By prices on things being based on ability to be killed by literally anyone while using feet on a keyboard. Everything is connected. When one thing is so wildly out of balance everything shifts.

Think about the number of ambuscades you've done with "rema dd" that were complete trash because they own a nirvana. That wasted time that they were being terrible could've been spent doing something faster, quicker, more interesting with people that weren't terrible instead of failures that got a leg up with lolsmn.
By Chimerawizard 2017-11-03 00:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Caerda said: »
Then you completely kill tp burn as a strategy as well.
I'm okay with this. MB already has that mechanic, since SMN burn is so bad, might as well expand the mechanic to WS as well.

I would far prefer they adjust inventory to not need to populate from server on every zone change over an anti-zerg mechanic added with the developer's limited time.
 Phoenix.Rikimarueye
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Rikimarueye 2017-11-03 02:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Brixy said: »
Summoner spams Volt strike and Flaming crush for a reason. Most of the other avatars are terrible for damage compared to Ifrit, Ramuh, and Garuda. Forcing summoner to swap avatars would be fine if most of them were not garbage. That also constantly resets the -bp delay from avatar's favor. Summoner just needs an entire rework honestly.

• Change Conduit completely. Bloodpacts cost 0 mp to perform. Last 3 mins to mirror Astral Flow. Remove the 0 recast effect.

• Apply the consecutive bloodpact nerf. (encourages use of multiple avatars which goes well with the fact that avatars can skillchain)

• Buff all the bad avatars so they can compete with the big 3. Is it too much to ask for that they all receive a thunderspark equivalent? Probably too much to ask for a Flaming crush equivalent even though Volt strike sounds like a hybrid bp name.

• Make the -bloodpact delay gained and favor potency from avatar's favor a fixed amount (this encourages avatar swapping)

• Add a new ability "Avatar's Pressure". Basically a mirror of Avatar's Favor that gives your avatar a debuff aura instead of a buffing one. A unique effect like how geo bubbles work so it doesn't cockblock RDM. Avatar's Favor and Avatar's pressure overwrite each other. (this encourages the use of other avatars)

• Either reduce the ward timer or give multiple charges to ward recast so avatars like Carbuncle can work better at supporting. The little squirrel is amazing, but he just can't keep up with a 20 second timer. Regen favor, multiple debuff removal, aoe heal, and enmity control with pacifying ruby. We could see the return of summoner healers (and actually be good at it this time!)

• Give me Siren! >:(

Senpai :< Gib haste samba 2 while you are at it!
By Pankas 2017-11-03 04:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wondering, how many cry babies here who ask to nerf smn got their aeonics in the process. There is nothing wrong with simple strategy if you choose to use it.
You can go and do your ***with 18, over complicated strategy as well,or do it blu burn cdc, go tegmina buffet everything, *** everything from distance with coronach or true flight, hey, grab tank healer and 16 monks to chi-blast stuff!!!
I mean cmon guys, that's why we still play this game that there is thousands ways to skin the cat, just some of us choose not to cut ourselves in the process.
SMN nerf will bring more suffering for casual players.
So called elite players should be looking towards new content, which hopefully will bring new challenges, where common folk like me will be playing catch up game. With population scarce and little play time smn burns are and should be here to stay!!!
End of rant...
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2017-11-03 05:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if you don't realize it, it does have an impact on your ffxi experience.

By people not wanting to play due to boredom. By prices on things being based on ability to be killed by literally anyone while using feet on a keyboard. Everything is connected. When one thing is so wildly out of balance everything shifts.

Think about the number of ambuscades you've done with "rema dd" that were complete trash because they own a nirvana. That wasted time that they were being terrible could've been spent doing something faster, quicker, more interesting with people that weren't terrible instead of failures that got a leg up with lolsmn.
I thought about it and nah, it hasn't. You can get stuff done in FFXI without SMN's or a ripple effect from SMN burning, but then people wouldn't be able to cry about it.

Your post is mostly nonsense. Stop crying.
By Afania 2017-11-03 05:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen war and cor blow conduit damage away with non-stop savage blade spam on stuff.

No.....SMN conduit has the highest dps ceiling in game and savage blade spam isn't anywhere close....hell it's not even wars best ws for zerg....

What makes conduit effective because it just has very high dps ceiling, period.

Other methods aren't as popular because majority of whm either suck or are lazy and can't keep dd's alive.

I would love to deal dmg close to conduit if a good whm is all I need.
[+]
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Server: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2017-11-03 06:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
Leave conduit as is, but add a powerful but quick to reset DT- for each WS performed. 3~seconds without WS is required for it to reset.

People can keep using Conduit burn for old content, however they will find it does not work well for new content.

Then you completely kill tp burn as a strategy as well. Conduit is strong but most fail with it because they lack proper gear or are not mastered. I've seen war and cor blow conduit damage away with non-stop savage blade spam on stuff. Does that need nerfed also? What makes conduit effective is no one needs to heal an avatar, you just resummon. Other methods aren't as popular because majority of whm either suck or are lazy and can't keep dd's alive.

This is complete *** and no way you have seen a war and cor blow conduit damage away. It's not even close. Schah has nothing to do with whm specifically, all parts of the party must pay attention and communicate (that thing you do in MMO's), especially the DD's in melee strat that is. ***is broke and needs to be fixed. The End
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-11-03 06:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen war and cor blow conduit damage away with non-stop savage blade spam on stuff.

This probably needs context. I haven't used SMN for anything since WoE, but I'm thinking even a poorly geared SMN would do amazing damage with the right buffs/debuffs. In your example, did the SMN not have the benefit of a GEO or something? Using the wrong buffs/debuffs will have a massive effect on any DDs performance.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-11-03 07:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

This broken record ***really gets old.

People are willfully ignorant or blissfully ignorant. Either way nothings going to change.

I make money either way. so, $$

The game needs to change, it's not debatable, the only debatable parts are when and how. Conduit zerging isn't sustainable for a healthy game, but I literally expect zero of you to understand how bad the underlying affects are, all you give a ***about is gimme shinies.

I get it, it feels great to cheat the system. It makes up for how bad your real life is and it's amazing. But temporary.
[+]
By zaxtiss 2017-11-03 07:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

geez guys just play the game how you want no need to be getting pissed on here now is there its not like SE can see your comments.
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-11-03 08:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Pankas said: »
I mean cmon guys, that's why we still play this game that there is thousands ways to skin the cat, just some of us choose not to cut ourselves in the process.
You seriously enjoy a game where the "hardest" content of the game requires 0 strategy/skill and each round takes 30 secs with 0 margin of error? Here's a perfect game for you:

[+]
By Pankas 2017-11-03 08:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

This broken record ***really gets old.

People are willfully ignorant or blissfully ignorant. Either way nothings going to change.

I make money either way. so, $$

The game needs to change, it's not debatable, the only debatable parts are when and how. Conduit zerging isn't sustainable for a healthy game, but I literally expect zero of you to understand how bad the underlying affects are, all you give a ***about is gimme shinies.

I get it, it feels great to cheat the system. It makes up for how bad your real life is and it's amazing. But temporary.

Cheat, ignorant and bad real life... Sounds like a man speaking from experience. None of those things would reflect casual players, who come to relax and chat with a friends, while Apogee Volt striking everything in the path :D
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-11-03 08:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

casual players, who come to relax and chat with a friends
maybe, just maybe, people of this caliber shouldn't be clearing the hardest content in the game

it might just indicate that the game is not hard enough, wonder why
[+]
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2017-11-03 08:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spynx said: »
You seriously enjoy a game where the "hardest" content of the game requires 0 strategy/skill and each round takes 30 secs with 0 margin of error?

You think Escha stuff is the hardest content in the game? And that AC zerging is optimal for it universally?

Seriously?
By Pankas 2017-11-03 08:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

There is only 3 empty holes in that picture with 4 pieces outside, will need a guide and definitely more than 30 seconds to solve.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-11-03 08:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Inx said: »
You think Escha stuff is the hardest content in the game? And that AC zerging is optimal for it universally?

Seriously?

2/3 MTs have been cleared with SMN strategies that are still borderline braindead compared to the alternatives. Admittedly, they arent AC zerg, but they still rely on how overpowered volt strike currently is. A pet move should not be outdamaging RNG or even close, they have all the distance benefits and the ability to never pull hate.

And yes, AC zerging is optimal for Aeonic NMs, universally. It ranges from 3-4x faster(Albumen, Vinipata) to 20x faster(Schah). There's less that can go wrong, you can carry more buyers if you have additional SMNs, and you don't have to job change for each NM.
 Asura.Xijaah
user: Xijaah
By Asura.Xijaah 2017-11-03 08:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spynx said: »
You seriously enjoy a game where the "hardest" content of the game requires 0 strategy/skill and each round takes 30 secs with 0 margin of error? Here's a perfect game for you:

We couldn't burn anything 2 years ago, when that "hardest content" was released. Then gear progression happened, and eva nerfs happened,and it became possibile.
Is conduit broken for these fights? Yes. Would the elite player base care, if SE didnt gate aeonic weapons behind them? Not as much. Because clears are profitable (in gil and real money), and if it's true that the end game still revolves about 2 years old content, the post-game is all about merc'ing stuff. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but let's call things with their own name.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 188 189 190 ... 201 202 203