FFXIAH's Got Talent!

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » FFXIAH's Got Talent!
FFXIAH's Got Talent!
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-02-05 11:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey there folks,

I'm not sure if there's another thread about this already, but I'm curious if there are talented/gifted people in music, video or other related media.

- Do you know how to play a musical instrument? (if so, which?)
- Do you know how to mix music? (DJ, Digital Creative, etc.)
- Can you dance? (if so, what style?)
- Can you sing?
- Are you experienced in video production, lighting or sound design?

If you've produced sample videos or media files with original works of art then feel free to post them here.

I personally can play the keyboard/piano, but it's been a while since I regularly practiced.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-05 11:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been known to play an addictive online multiplayer role playing game for hours on end doing nothing but screaming at the screen because some idiot in my party decided to pull a "Leeroy Jerkins" and destroy about an hour's worth of work in setting up a party to kill a bunch of mobs for experience points.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-02-05 11:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I have been known to play an addictive online multiplayer role playing game for hours on end doing nothing but screaming at the screen because some idiot in my party decided to pull a "Leeroy Jerkins" and destroy about an hour's worth of work in setting up a party to kill a bunch of mobs for experience points.

Screaming has been known to be construed as singing in certain genres.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kodaijin
user: Kodaijin
By Cerberus.Kodaijin 2015-02-05 14:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi Avalon <3
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-05 14:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiah also has an unnatural talent of flipping buses.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-06 09:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

You never denied it!
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-06 09:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

My talent is FFXIAH. The only thing I'm good at !
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Darkalenia 2015-02-06 09:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to play trumpet in high school in the Concert Band. About midway through high school, I moved and started at another school, whose band program required everyone to be a part of Marching Band. I didn't have time for all the after school rehearsals each week, so that's where I stopped playing trumpet. In the first high school I was 5th chair out of 15, so I think I was pretty decent. Sometimes I wonder how things would have turned out if I had kept playing.

My dad got me a neat keyboard when I was younger, one where the keys would light up and teach you how to play over 100 pre-programmed songs, ranging from holiday staples, folk songs, and classical music. My favorite was Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven, and was the only song I memorized and could play flawlessly, without the light up keys. My grandmother had an actual grand piano that I would play on when I visited her. Boy do I miss that thing now. When she died, the house and everything in it was sold, including that piano.

I haven't played keyboard/piano since. :/
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-02-06 09:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I can play an incredibly gimp version of the primary part of aria di mezzo carattere (the ff6 opera) on piano. But that's literally the only tune I can play on it... And I can do the first part of cosmo canyon on a poorly tuned guitar. I couldn't even say what notes I'm playing, I just know those two patterns on those two instruments.

This is about the limit of my musical talent... Of which I have none.
[+]
By Fyyvoaa 2015-02-06 09:23:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I can play the violin fairly well, learned the basics of the guitar (but I suck at it) singing... ehhh no..., I am a photographer and know how to use photoshop fairly well (still learning, always learning :( ) I can edit videos but don't expect a hollywood film