Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 980 981 982 ... 1375 1376 1377
VIP
By Jassik 2015-09-26 19:12:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
Jassik said: »
I've always wondered how the Pope isn't a false idol.

He's not a false idol in the same way a saint you pray to isn't a false idol. They are a method of communication with God. (e.g. confession: when you confess the priest himself isn't absolving your sins. He's absolving your sins in the name of the Trinity. So technically the Trinity is forgiving you and the priest is just facilitating the procedure)

I guess it makes a sort of sense, but it still seems that they are idols of devotion to the god they represent. How would that be different than worshiping a statue or tree? I beat feet out of the church at a fairly young age, partly because I never got a satisfactory answer to this very question.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-09-26 19:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess it makes a sort of sense, but it still seems that they are idols of devotion to the god they represent. How would that be different than worshiping a statue or tree? I beat feet out of the church at a fairly young age, partly because I never got a satisfactory answer to this very question.

You have to remember how the Church was founded. It was founded at a time when the majority of the population was illiterate and couldn't read the bible. It was a lot easier to go to a priest and have him tell you what you were doing was sinful or not, because you couldn't read the OT. Also many of these rituals, like confession, aren't mandatory(e.g. you can confess your sins privately if you prefer).

As far as the statue/tree example. I mean think of it as rubbing a lamp for some wishes. You can rub the lamp, but so long as you know it's the genie granting the wishes you're OK. It's only false idolatry if you think the lamp itself is granting those wishes.
[+]
 Phoenix.Xantavia
Server: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2015-09-26 20:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Phoenix.Xantavia said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Coming from Aman, the guy that throws around wars like they're trivial military exercises, that's rich.

Come down off your perch my friend.

Where do you see me throwing around wars?

Is this trying to change the subject to ISIS. You are in a war. You just aren't fighting back, yet. You think peace is watching millions of people abandon their homes on foot while savages run rampant from country to country killing everyone in sight.

Yeah, go you.

Your answer to every American conflict is a dose of yee haw bomb the ever living *** out of the area. Iran, Iraq, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Russia etc etc.

No it isn't, but do you feel better now?

It is the stupidity of liberals that apparently only see two options: 1) exactly what the liberal wants to do or 2) war.
Kind of like the conservatives/tea partiers. Either give us exactly what we want (no compromise), or we shut down the government.

When the government shuts down then both sides have said that. Any rational and honest person would admit this.
Except when that isn't the case. Are you telling me that when one side says "give us everything we want while you get nothing, or else we shut it down", the other side is somehow responsible since they won't cave in to crazy demands?

If I told you to give me $1000 or I would have your account banned, you would feel that we were both equally responsible in this situation?
VIP
By Jassik 2015-09-26 20:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Xantavia said: »
If I told you to give me $1000 or I would have your account banned, you would feel that we were both equally responsible in this situation?

They don't see it that way, since whatever minuscule amount of money they are arguing over is irrelevant. This time around, it's Planned Parenthood. They are just using the budget as a hostage to accomplish legislative wins they can't through the normal channels and only because they have the support of their base in that struggle. You have to acknowledge the TP's reckless disregard for our foreign image and the stability of our government are a very powerful strategy. It's amazing what reasonable people will do when you have a bomb strapped to their family.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-09-27 09:44:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Aaron Burr started it!!!
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-09-27 12:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

They don't see it that way, since whatever minuscule amount of money they are arguing over is irrelevant. This time around, it's Planned Parenthood. They are just using the budget as a hostage to accomplish legislative wins they can't through the normal channels and only because they have the support of their base in that struggle. You have to acknowledge the TP's reckless disregard for our foreign image and the stability of our government are a very powerful strategy. It's amazing what reasonable people will do when you have a bomb strapped to their family.

Ultimately, this is both democrats and republicans fault imo, moreso the GOP. Obamacare doesn't provide coverage for people without insurance or individuals without a stable address. Planned Parenthood fills the gap of coverage for STI testing and treatment amongst other services.

Had Obamacare been written a lot more thoroughly and not rushed like it was, this wouldn't be happening. Issues like planned parenthood were predicted long ago by many public health experts.

This is probably the biggest public health issue with Obamacare. It doesn't take into consideration unstable address and people who don't have insurance, (e.g. couch surfers, homeless, etc), which ultimately puts the rest of the population at a health risk.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-09-27 12:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »

Ultimately, this is both democrats and republicans fault imo, moreso the GOP. Obamacare doesn't provide coverage for people without insurance or individuals without a stable address. Planned Parenthood fills the gap of coverage for STI testing and treatment amongst other services.

Had Obamacare been written a lot more thoroughly and not rushed like it was, this wouldn't be happening. Issues like planned parenthood were predicted long ago by many public health experts.

IMO that's the point of courts, to interpret the spirit of the law, not haggle over every minuscule gap in the wording. ACA has been put through it's paces in the courts, and obviously there are enough holes in the spirit of the law that it needs some fine-tuning. I don't exactly blame the Republicans for tearing it apart they way they have, but I certainly don't agree with using the livelihood of people and the credit of the USA as a bargaining chip to accomplish legislative goals like these. If you want to change the laws, gather votes. Budgets should revolve around spending what needs to be spent based on tangible data and the government needs to stay the hell out of the morality business.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-09-27 12:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

IMO that's the point of courts, to interpret the spirit of the law, not haggle over every minuscule gap in the wording.

I don't think that's up to the courts. Courts can't write checks to health care providers for services. ACA from the beginning has never included homeless individuals.

It's kinda hard to track tangible data for homeless individuals. It's not like they're first in line to fill out surveys. Homeless people get sick, they're human. They can also pass on illness to you, to me, to anyone. They also have sex, Homeless people have a shockingly high percentage of HIV and Hep C and this has been known for a long time.

If you want to change the laws, gather votes. Budgets should revolve around spending what needs to be spent based on tangible data and the government needs to stay the hell out of the morality business.
The problem is that morality also is public health risk. What do you think happens when that homeless hooker on skid row with syphilis gives a *** to a guy driving buy willing to pay her. While the gentleman can get antibiotics, the homeless hooker is f#cked. She'll continue to pass on the infection, she'll develop neurosphyillis. She'll probably develop an aggressive strain of it too so when she passes it on the person contracting it won't even develop symptoms.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-09-27 13:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm 100% in favor of all the public health services that PP performs and I don't have a single qualm about funding them. I was pointing out the short-sighted and frankly destructive nature of using the budget to accomplish goals like making abortion less available while causing REAL harm to public health as well as the confidence in the US government that relies heavily on it in terms of global standing.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-09-27 19:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

When a person or group does absolutely horrible things, countless partial birth abortions which are flat out murder and selling the child's irgans to the highest bidder, you can't say "Well what about all the good things they do." Aww But the child molester is suchba good guy otherwise. She murdered her husband and three kids but she does great things for the community. But what about all the good things ISIS does?

It's not even a cut to women's health. That is a lie. It's redirecting the 500 Million dollars that this racist murderous organization receives to other health care clinics that provide the same exact health care services to women minus the murdering babies.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-09-27 19:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, so now Planned Parenthood is racist? K.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-09-27 19:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Amanda said:
Murder

you
keepusingthatword.jpg

mmhmm
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-09-27 19:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know about you guys but personally killing children is one of my favourite pasttimes. Especially newborns, they're so squishy!
By Jetackuu 2015-09-27 19:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Definitely not my favorite.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-09-27 19:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

When a person or group does absolutely horrible things, countless partial birth abortions which are flat out murder and selling the child's irgans to the highest bidder, you can't say "Well what about all the good things they do." Aww But the child molester is suchba good guy otherwise. She murdered her husband and three kids but she does great things for the community. But what about all the good things ISIS does?

It's not even a cut to women's health. That is a lie. It's redirecting the 500 Million dollars that this racist murderous organization receives to other health care clinics that provide the same exact health care services to women minus the murdering babies.

And everyone besides you is ruled by feelz, right?
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-09-27 20:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

They were started by a vile racist and eugenisist and to this very day their aborted children are disproportionately black.

So, yes.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-09-27 20:25:38
Link | Quote | Reply

They were started by a vile racist and eugenisist and to this very day their aborted children are disproportionately black.

So, yes.

It's not blatantly obvious that a greater proportion of unwanted pregnancies are black?

Are you implying that PP targets blacks as some form of xeno-cleansing or population control?
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-09-27 20:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't it started in like, the 20s? And because they have abortions that are black they are racist? Please, do go on with your racist views.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-09-27 20:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk how any of you can be cool with partial birth abortions. That's really disgusting. Delivering live babies and crushing their skulls is a crime in America and it's a crime against humanity. What they were doing is beyond barbaric and you are sick people for supporting it. Murdered children is not feelz.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-09-27 20:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh no, my feelings are so hurt.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-09-27 20:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh no, my feelings are so hurt.

You don't have feelings other than hangovers.

You prove over and over that you are a sadist that takes pleasure in the misery, misfortune or death of others. The internet has pretty much ruined you. That much is obvious.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-09-27 20:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm actually doing great, thanks for the attempted analysis tho. Keep making things up for our entertainment. I think your current story is Planned Parenthood is racist, a hilarious claim you haven't substantiated at all.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-09-27 20:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm actually doing great, thanks for the attempted analysis tho. Keep making things up for our entertainment. I think your current story is Planned Parenthood is racist, a hilarious claim you haven't substantiated at all.

But you probably think that the criminal justice system is racist because arrests are disproportionately black. But black babies are disproportionately terminated by Planned Parenthood and that's not? k
By Jetackuu 2015-09-27 20:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

The irony is that the two are connected.

Oh and fetuses aren't exactly babies, but good "feelz" argument.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-09-27 20:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't think that at all. Nice try tho. How about focusing on your racist, fabricated views of PP? Present some actual evidence that their practices are racist, otherwise its just typical Aman, making ***up.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-09-27 20:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

But you probably think that the criminal justice system is racist because arrests are disproportionately black. But black babies are disproportionately terminated by Planned Parenthood and that's not? k

The issue there is that blacks don't commit the crimes at a higher rate, they are only stopped/arrested/prosecuted at a higher rate. Abortion is a voluntary and paid medical procedure. There might be race specific issues with PP, but you're making the case in a really weak anecdotal way.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-09-27 20:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

He isn't making any case, he just called them racist and expects everyone to take his word for it.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-09-27 20:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
The irony is that the two are connected.

Oh and fetuses aren't exactly babies, but good "feelz" argument.

A child is not a fetus. A partial birth abortion delivers a live baby and kills it savagely. This is what Planned Parenthood has been doing. I can't even believe you are joking about it and the mods allow it.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-09-27 20:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

They perform a LEGAL MEDICAL procedure. Whatever you may think of it and your attempts to appeal to emotion, if you don't want the procedure to exist, vote.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-09-27 20:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

The issue there is that blacks don't commit the crimes at a higher rate, they are only stopped/arrested/prosecuted at a higher rate. Abortion is a voluntary and paid medical procedure. There might be race specific issues with PP, but you're making the case in a really weak anecdotal way.

Based on Jassik's feelz
First Page 2 3 ... 980 981 982 ... 1375 1376 1377