Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 973 974 975 ... 1375 1376 1377
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2015-09-25 11:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Drama Torama said: »
THERE, HAPPY NOW

nope, reported for hostility.

You actually reported that?

Topic banned for abusing the report function. That sends email to a bunch of people. Do it again and it becomes an actual suspension.

Jokes are fine. Don't abuse site functions. Your topic ban goes away when I feel like getting rid of it, and not before.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-25 11:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
My only gripe about this whole thing is that EPA should have been the one to catch them, not the watchdog group that actually did catch them.

And the SEC should have caught Madoff but it took a financial crisis to reveal the fraud. I'm glad that someone finally caught people intentionally trying to defraud customers.
There were questions about Madoff's Ponzi scheme since 1999. SEC failed to investigate it then, so it's not like they didn't know there were questions about it.

But yeah, government agencies should be the ones to discover such frauds, not extraordinary events or outside groups...

Point is, the government's function is to protect and enforce laws to prevent such abuses and frauds from happening or occurring. This is another example of the ineptitude of the federal government.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-09-25 11:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Topic banned for abusing the report function. That sends email to a bunch of people. Do it again and it becomes an actual suspension.

Jokes are fine. Don't abuse site functions. Your topic ban goes away when I feel like getting rid of it, and not before.

'hostility' is highly subjective.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-25 11:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »

'hostility' is highly subjective.
Let's not get into a debate about that.

And yes, this is the person who would have the biggest voice on such subject...
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-09-25 11:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

My only gripe about this whole thing is that EPA should have been the one to catch them, not the watchdog group that actually did catch them.

And the SEC should have caught Madoff but it took a financial crisis to reveal the fraud. I'm glad that someone finally caught people intentionally trying to defraud customers.
There were questions about Madoff's Ponzi scheme since 1999. SEC failed to investigate it then, so it's not like they didn't know there were questions about it.

But yeah, government agencies should be the ones to discover such frauds, not extraordinary events or outside groups...

It should be a tandem effort, that's the whole point of watchdog groups in the first place. It doesn't matter who catches wrongdoing, so long as wrongdoing is caught.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-09-25 11:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

why the hell not? the rules are too damn high!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-25 11:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I promised Rooks to keep my viewpoints on the old moderation staff to him and the current moderation staff only.

We all know my viewpoints in this matter. I don't want to see a shitstorm happening because there would be a lot of bans and tears from it all and nothing will have changed one bit.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-25 11:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

It should be a tandem effort, that's the whole point of watchdog groups in the first place. It doesn't matter who catches wrongdoing, so long as wrongdoing is caught.
I'll agree with you on that.

Now if the government can actually catch fraud, that's the question, isn't it?
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-09-25 11:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not 100% sure

you're probably one of the reasons the rules got too damn high to begin with!
[+]
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2015-09-25 11:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I promised Rooks to keep my viewpoints on the old moderation staff to him and the current moderation staff only.

We all know my viewpoints in this matter. I don't want to see a shitstorm happening because there would be a lot of bans and tears from it all and nothing will have changed one bit.

I don't really get upset about discussion of moderation staff and policies. Make all the jokes and comments about me that you like - go too far and you'll get moderated but (probably) not punished. Words don't hurt me.

I do get pissed off when people abuse site functions.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-25 11:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: nvm
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-09-25 11:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2015-09-25 12:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »

Because there is a good reason that certain people might not want to discuss how this got a certain way.

Way to go Nik! See what you started?!

We can always discuss that, we just shouldn't do it here. In general though, I try not to worry too much about the past, a policy stance you in particular should appreciate.

Here is the appropriate thread for that kind of thing, though.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-09-25 12:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Is curb your enthusiasm on 'on demand' or whatever? it's probably been long enough that I could watch those again.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-09-25 12:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Yeah but that doesn't happen unless you also chose to irresponsibly have 5 children. Where can I find data on how many people live in community housing that also work two jobs?

It is a myth. But yes, let's call us all a nation of serfs because of these few rare idiots.

Blame people for having multiple children, but abortion and contraceptive is against their faith.

This is moronic. Yes the solution for you is to murder the child because they won't be wealthy in childhood. If you are living in government housing as Jassik said and you have 5 children yes it is your fault you are poor.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-09-25 12:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Yeah but that doesn't happen unless you also chose to irresponsibly have 5 children. Where can I find data on how many people live in community housing that also work two jobs?

It is a myth. But yes, let's call us all a nation of serfs because of these few rare idiots.

Blame people for having multiple children, but abortion and contraceptive is against their faith.

This is moronic. Yes the solution for you is to murder the child because they won't be wealthy in childhood. If you are living in government housing as Jassik said and you have 5 children yes it is your fault you are poor.

Murder the child? LMAO...

It makes much more sense to punish the child for existing by forcing them to be born into poverty to parents who don't want them.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-09-25 12:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Aman literally speaks like a man who has never actually lived at or below the poverty line in his fabled 'government housing'. Where children are routinely sired by deadbeats, drug addicts and other ne'er do wells who will most certainly throw a child to the dogs because they're worried about themselves.

Please, have a seat and let someone who grew up in shitty neighborhood tell you what it is to live underneath the plate, to borrow some FFVII terminology.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-25 12:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

So, it's preferable to snuff out life in this case?

You should be glad that your parents decided not to snuff out your life because there may be a chance that you would have grown up poor.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-09-25 12:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

You should be glad that your parents decided not to snuff out your life because there may be a chance that you would have grown up poor.

I did grow up poor, with a single mother no less. Guess what, my existence doesn't validate the lunacy behind the religious anti-abortion arguments.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-09-25 12:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Just look at P&R. Look at it.

This is what a world without abortion would look like.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-09-25 12:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I was born from a planned pregnancy, from parents who were in their 30s. You do see how this is different from two 16 year olds diddling around and creating a baby right? Or a single mom stuck with a lovechild from Sammy McDeadbeat. Or a rape baby. Or a one night stand.

It's not about may or may not. It's about the reality of children being born to parents not up to wanting children. And for those people, abortion should be an option. Because you don't *** phone in being a parent. And no child should be born to people who don't love them - it's an emotional dead sentence.

You can be relatively poor and raise a child but that comes with having the job and desire to *want* a child. Make the sacrifices. Instill the basic fundamentals. To do your job.

So yeah, I'm more about quality than quantity. I've seen enough oops babies running around with parents who don't care, doomed to be thrown into the meatgrinder of your local prison, insane asylum or other 'storage' facility to know that some people should just abort.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-09-25 12:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I think of them. I like them aborted. With fries on the side, thanks.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-25 12:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »

I did grow up poor, with a single mother no less. Guess what, my existence doesn't validate the lunacy behind the religious anti-abortion arguments.
Except it's not the "lunacy behind the religious anti-abortion arguments" that you should have been worried about.

See, it's the pro-abortion argument that would have put your life in jeopardy. Because, Sparth just said:

Where children are routinely sired by deadbeats, drug addicts and other ne'er do wells who will most certainly throw a child to the dogs because they're worried about themselves.

Please, have a seat and let someone who grew up in shitty neighborhood tell you what it is to live underneath the plate, to borrow some FFVII terminology.
That is his argument for abortions, if I'm reading him right.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-09-25 12:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Just look at P&R. Look at it.

This is what a world without abortion would look like.

A world of endless global warming and Hitler conversations??????????????????????????
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-09-25 13:00:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
It honestly doesn't matter if the child was planned or not. People don't have a say in forcing someone to give birth.

Let's here it for getting the government out of your lives, but dictating what your neighbors can do with theirs!

God doesn't take kindly to all these return to sender babies. I wonder how many Katrinas it'll take for Americans to get the point.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-09-25 13:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »

Except it's not the "lunacy behind the religious anti-abortion arguments" that you should have been worried about.

See, it's the pro-abortion argument that would have put your life in jeopardy. Because, Sparth just said:

Where children are routinely sired by deadbeats, drug addicts and other ne'er do wells who will most certainly throw a child to the dogs because they're worried about themselves.

That is his argument for abortions, if I'm reading him right.

I was fortunate enough to have a family who wanted me, but that isn't a given. And no amount of narcissism would make your argument even remotely compelling.
First Page 2 3 ... 973 974 975 ... 1375 1376 1377