Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 925 926 927 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-09-12 09:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-09-12 09:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
Update on Petra Laszlo, the Hungarian Camerawoman who kicked refugees entering Hungary

Quote:
BUDAPEST (Reuters) - A Hungarian TV station that employed a camerawoman who kicked and tripped migrants fleeing from police this week was offline on Friday, with its website blaming hackers for the outage.

Earlier, Petra Laszlo, who has been questioned by police on suspicion of disorderly conduct for kicking and tripping up refugees at a camp in southern Hungary, had written an open letter expressing regret for her "panic"-driven behaviour.

In a post on its Facebook page, N1TV, also known as Nemzeti (National) TV, said hackers from a Turkish internet address had wiped its entire website, including the station's archive and correspondence.

"The Tunisian Islamist hacker group Fallaga Team has claimed responsibility for the attack," Szabolcs Kisberk, the station's editor-in-chief, said in the statement.

A group calling itself Fallaga Team, which has a Twitter account, has been linked with information security attacks in the past, but Reuters has no evidence to support the station's claim.

The camerawoman was fired on Tuesday from the right-wing news station after videos of her actions spread in the media and on the internet.

The station's web page was blank except for a logo and a message in Hungarian and English on Friday afternoon.

Separate videos show her kicking a girl and tripping up a man carrying a child as hundreds of migrants, many of them Syrian refugees, break away from police on Hungary's southern border with Serbia.

"I honestly regret what happened ... I am practically in shock from what I did, and what was done to me," Laszlo wrote in a letter posted on mno.hu, the website of the newspaper Magyar Nemzet.

She said she had panicked when hundreds of migrants started running towards her, and had wanted to protect herself.

"I am not a heartless, racist camerawoman who would kick children ... I am a woman, a mother of small children, who has since lost her job, and who made a bad decision in a panic," she added.

Hungary's right-wing government has taken a hard line on the flow of migrants across its borders en route to western Europe, describing them as a threat to Europe's prosperity and Christian values.

More than 170,000 migrants, many of them refugees from the Syrian conflict, have been recorded entering Hungary so far this year.

Police have been trying to round them up and register them in line with European Union rules, but many migrants refuse, fearing that they will then be forced to stay in Hungary rather than move on to Germany or Sweden.
What a terrible person not wanting her country to be invaded by people who in 10 years will start a caliphate
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-09-12 10:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah kicking children is not only a lot of fun...it also helps stop the caliphate!...

kick a girl a day keeps the caliphate away!
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-09-12 10:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
What a terrible person not wanting her country to be invaded by people who in 10 years will start a caliphate
Is this a serious post?
By fonewear 2015-09-12 10:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I offered to take in Syrian refugees as long as they can't speak English and are fairly attractive women!
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-09-12 13:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Send them all to Russia. They have lots of space and are all Buddy/Buddy with Syria now.

When will the World stand up and do the right thing? Peace at any cost while people are being butchered is not peace. Just absorbing millions of refugees is not a solution. Do you think ISIS stops once it solidifies a state in the Middle East?
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-09-12 17:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

What a stupid person for doing it on camera and a live feed.

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Is this a serious post?
For Nasui it is I fear.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-09-12 19:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Her faith denies the trinity*, a cornerstone facet of Christianity. (Mormons deny the trinity too which is why many Christians think them not Christian.)

That's very interesting. I didn't know that. To deny the trinity you deny a crucial portion of the 7 sacraments and you therefore burn in Hell.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-12 20:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
Her faith denies the trinity*, a cornerstone facet of Christianity. (Mormons deny the trinity too which is why many Christians think them not Christian.)

That's very interesting. I didn't know that. To deny the trinity you deny a crucial portion of the 7 sacraments and you therefore burn in Hell.

Did you read my post? They deny the notion of the trinity as set forth in the Nicene Creed, circa 325 A.D, and not the beings that comprise it. It seems like most Protestants are destined for Hell according to the Catholics anyway, so I don't see what the big deal is about this particular view.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-09-12 20:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

What a stupid person for doing it on camera and a live feed.

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Is this a serious post?
For Nasui it is I fear.
If only there were a hotline you two could call to cope with your sense of offense.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-12 20:28:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, that's not a bad business idea there Nausi.

1-800-OUTRAGE

The hotline you can call where people will listen to you whine, complete with phrases such as:
"You're soooooo right."
"Somebody should do something about it!"
"I know exactly how you feel."
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-09-13 04:05:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not offended? Just never cease to amaze me the pindaric flights some of you manage to conjure at times.
 Bismarck.Leneth
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2015-09-13 06:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

That's her near the end of the video recorded by a German TV crew.

The mentioned letter by her published on http://mno.hu
Quote:
Őszintén sajnálom a történteket. Csak mostanra tudtam összeszedni annyira magam, hogy írjak. Gyakorlatilag sokkos állapotban vagyok attól, amit csináltam és attól, amit csináltak velem.

Kamerával forgattam, több száz migráns kitört, áttörték a rendőrkordont, egyikük nekem rontott és én megrémültem. Féltem, ahogy özönlöttek felém, és akkor elpattant bennem valami. Kamerával a kezemben nem láttam, hogy kik jönnek felém, csak arra gondoltam, hogy megtámadtak és meg kell védenem magam. Nehéz jó döntéseket hozni olyankor, amikor az ember pánikban van és sok száz ember rohan szembe vele. Nekem akkor, abban a pillanatban ez nem sikerült. Nagyon sajnálom a történteket és családanyaként külön sajnálom, hogy a sors pont egy gyereket sodort az utamba, ezt akkor nem is észleltem. Pánikba estem, ahogy látom magam a felvételeken, mintha nem is én lennék. Tettemet őszintén megbántam, és vállalom érte a felelősséget.

Nem vagyok szívtelen, gyermekeket rugdosó rasszista operatőr. Nem szolgáltam rá sem az ellenem folyó politikai boszorkányüldözésre, sem a mocskolódó, sokszor halálos fenyegetésekre. Csak egy nő vagyok, egy azóta munkanélkülivé vált kisgyerekes anyuka, aki egy pánikhelyzetben hozott egy rossz döntést. Őszintén sajnálom.

László Petra
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-09-13 09:52:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
Did you read my post? They deny the notion of the trinity as set forth in the Nicene Creed, circa 325 A.D, and not the beings that comprise it. It seems like most Protestants are destined for Hell according to the Catholics anyway, so I don't see what the big deal is about this particular view.
Actually they consider the big three all Jesus. There is no god the father or holy spirit, those are just other names for Jesus.

And most protestants consider most other protestants dammed anyway.

Nasui, I am not offended.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-09-13 11:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Do you think ISIS stops once it solidifies a state in the Middle East?

No, but I wouldn't feel as bad about dropping a daisy cutter on them at that point.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-13 13:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually they consider the big three all Jesus. There is no god the father or holy spirit, those are just other names for Jesus.

That is not true. It's not even close. I swear every time people hear something negative or weird about a different faith, they believe it without question or verification.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-09-13 13:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

People believe all manner of ridiculous things. We can't help it if everything sounds plausible.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-09-13 14:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Care to specify which denominations? When you say things like this I can't help but wonder if your synagogue was actively isolating you from Christian denominations. You don't seem to be very familiar of the right of passage for Catholics and the original Protestant denominations.

I know you're significantly older than most here, but I'm kind of taken aback that you aren't familiar with or encountered Christians during the walk-about period of Confirmation studies that would be on par with Bar/Bat Mitzvahs. It really seems like you weren't allotted interfaith communion during your formative years.

If that's the case, that's just sad.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-13 15:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »
People believe all manner of ridiculous things. We can't help it if everything sounds plausible.

No, but you can at least fact check before repeating it. It'll make you look like you actually have a clue what you're talking about too, so it's a win-win.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-09-13 18:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ravel, I study theology.

She is in some weird offshoot of Pentecostalism. I read that in an analysis of her church's beliefs about a week ago.

I will see if I can find it again later.

Found it!

Quote:
Q: What is Apostolic Pentecostalism, and what do Apostolic Pentecostals believe?

A: Pentecostalism is a Christian movement that emphasizes a personal experience of God, including the miraculous gifts of the Holy Spirit and speaking in tongues. The movement grew out of the 1906 Azusa Street Revival in California and takes its name from Pentecost, when early Christians first received the gifts of the Holy Spirit, such as the ability to heal and prophesy.

Apostolic Pentecostals then split from the rest of the movement in 1916 over a disagreement about the nature of the Trinity.

Without getting too complicated, Apostolic Pentecostals believe “Father,” “Son” and “Holy Spirit” aren’t three distinct persons, but three different titles for one person: Jesus.

The group also believes you must speak in tongues to be saved, a practice known as glossolalia, which involves uttering a foreign language previously unknown to the speaker.

From: http://www.religionnews.com/2015/09/09/splainer-whats-apostolic-christian-kim-davis-hair-long/
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-09-13 18:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Zahrah, look at the above post.

Apostolic Pentecostals believe that you must speak in tongues to be saved. If you are not saved you are damned. Ipso facto.

Many protestant faiths have little clauses like that in their belief system.

And then there are those faiths who believe in predestination.

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
I know you're significantly older than most here, but I'm kind of taken aback that you aren't familiar with or encountered Christians during the walk-about period of Confirmation studies that would be on par with Bar/Bat Mitzvahs. It really seems like you weren't allotted interfaith communion during your formative years....
You assume much.

I do not attend temple. I dislike organized religion, even my own. I did grow up in the most heavily Jewish populated areas of the country. I have been good friends with, and talked theology with some very religious people of many Christian faiths.

When I talk about Mormons not being accepted as Christians by many other Christians, I am reporting on belief systems as an outsider, I am making no judgements.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-09-13 20:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Chanti, you were riding roughshod when you stated the following:

It seemed as though you were condensing American-centric, Evangelical denominations with older, more moderate denominations. I would hope it's not your intention to compare "most" Protestants to Mormons and seizing snake-handlers. Surely, that's not what you're doing?

It's not a big deal, but you've mentioned your Judaism in many threads, so it's a little misleading. Is it that far out that someone would assume you had a formal education in the religion of your choice and actively participated in the ceremonial rights of which?

I guess my next question would be, when was your departure since you did not observe the Jewish right of passage or did you follow suit later in life? I thought you left blurbs about your familial heritage here many times?

Many protestant faiths have little clauses like that in their belief system.

And then there are those faiths who believe in predestination.

Mmmm...Yes, the first dispersal would be variances in the observance of the Eucharist, as one example.

And? Predestination, apart from the Calvinist origin, is American-centric.

I'm not sure where you're going with either.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-13 22:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ravel, I study theology.

She is in some weird offshoot of Pentecostalism. I read that in an analysis of her church's beliefs about a week ago.

I will see if I can find it again later.

Found it!

Quote:
Q: What is Apostolic Pentecostalism, and what do Apostolic Pentecostals believe?

A: Pentecostalism is a Christian movement that emphasizes a personal experience of God, including the miraculous gifts of the Holy Spirit and speaking in tongues. The movement grew out of the 1906 Azusa Street Revival in California and takes its name from Pentecost, when early Christians first received the gifts of the Holy Spirit, such as the ability to heal and prophesy.

Apostolic Pentecostals then split from the rest of the movement in 1916 over a disagreement about the nature of the Trinity.

Without getting too complicated, Apostolic Pentecostals believe “Father,” “Son” and “Holy Spirit” aren’t three distinct persons, but three different titles for one person: Jesus.

The group also believes you must speak in tongues to be saved, a practice known as glossolalia, which involves uttering a foreign language previously unknown to the speaker.

From: http://www.religionnews.com/2015/09/09/splainer-whats-apostolic-christian-kim-davis-hair-long/

You study theology, but your source for what they believe is a dumbed-down synopsis of their faith by a 3rd party on a Christian news site? Seems like you study theology in the same way you study politics.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-13 22:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
It seemed as though you were condensing American-centric, Evangelical denominations with older, more moderate denominations. I would hope it's not your intention to compare "most" Protestants to Mormons and seizing snake-handlers. Surely, that's not what you're doing?

She didn't seem to be comparing anyone to Mormons much except on the Trinity issue. Condemning people to Hell over simple things isn't in their playbook anyway, since practically everyone ends up in one of their three kingdoms of Heaven after the final judgment.
By Bloodrose 2015-09-13 22:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I plan to make a 4th Kingdom of Heaven.

I shall call it... Roku.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-09-14 06:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

What's all this religion talk ! Back to hard hitting politics !
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-09-14 07:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Kim Davis, apparently, says she wants her name and title removed from same-sex marriage licenses and won't issue them but will leave that duty up to her deputy...

She also says she will be changing the wording on these licenses...which she doesn't have the authority to do.

She needs to just resign already.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-09-14 07:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »

She doesn't need to resign, she needs to be fired.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-09-14 08:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »

She doesn't need to resign, she needs to be fired.
I mean.. She's passing her duty to a deputy, she might as well just step down. She's halfway there. But yeah.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 925 926 927 ... 1375 1376 1377