Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 646 647 648 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Ramyrez 2015-06-09 11:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Nature balance? What are you even on about now?

Oh, that wasn't you, it was shiroi (my mistake). Regardless my question remains (my suspicions too).

Joe?

Joe, is that you?

By fonewear 2015-06-09 11:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

A McCarthy reference...old man alert !
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-09 11:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like I'm Andy Rooney on 60 minutes what's the deal with smart phones ?

Or as Nik mention bottled water !

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-09 11:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure Andy Rooney has been old for the last I don't know 30 years or so. Sorta like Willie Nelson he is just old period.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-09 11:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
A McCarthy reference...old man alert !

At least it isn't that other McCarthy....

VACCINES
EVIL
GUMMINT
AUTISM
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-06-09 11:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah but willie nelson has been carefully preserved in a cannabis - alcohol based solution for future generations...
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-09 11:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
yeah but willie nelson has been carefully preserved in a cannabis - alcohol based solution for future generations...

I hope to be cryogenically frozen like Walt Disney wake me up when the Jews aren't running Hollywood !
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-06-09 11:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Well, it IS sexist. What's the point?

It's sexist for a mom to assume that a 14-year-old girl is going to want to hang around boys more in the near future?
Yes?
It's also sexist for someone to assume that a 14-year-old boy is going to want to hand around girls more in the near future.

Given the probabilities involved, it's likely accurate, but it certainly is stereotyping solely based on gender.

*edit* And what in the heck does it have to do with humor, in any event?
Actually, thank you for perfectly demonstrating what Seinfeld was saying.

It isn't sexist. It is heteronormative.

The use of emotional trigger words to poorly convey ideas is at the heart of why trying to tell jokes to people under the age of 25 is becoming harder and harder. Mind you, college campuses have had hyper-sensitive crusaders-without-a-cause for decades, going back at least to the 60s and probably earlier (I don't feel like poring through stories of school life in Britain in the 1800s right now), but the rise of far-left political correctness has stifled many people's abilities to even perceive a world where something being uncomfortable is ok.

The current trend among a certain subset of people is "If this bothers me personally, it must be eliminated." This is exactly why Millennials get accused of being the "me" generation even though Baby Boomers clearly deserve the title more. Whereas some Boomers feel that everything should be to their own benefit, some Millennials are convinced everything should be to their own liking. Which makes me giggle a little bit given the little *** all buy iPhones (over Androids) that are about as personalizable and configurable as a brick: paint it any color you want, you're not changing anything meaningful.

I personally have a very mixed audience relationship with Doug Stanhope. A lot of what he says makes me laugh, but he says and does a few things that are well within the limits of my personal feeling of offense. As an adult living in the real world, I've learned to accept that not everyone will agree with me. Teenagers today, growing up with Twitter accounts before they have their first pube, are not equipped to tolerate any deviation.

Of course, they're just inheritors of people who came before. I could name about a dozen people on this forum whose only difference from these SJWs (and the many others who share their MO, if not their causes -- Gamergate, for instance, is the same problem from a different angle) is that they continue to hang around this forum being constantly exposed to people with whom they automatically and incontrovertibly disagree.
It is heteronormative. It's also sexist. Those aren't two mutually exclusive concepts.
It also doesn't have to do with being bothered, or wanting to eliminate it. You can certainly describe something accurately without wanting to eliminate it.

In other words, it's a bit of a stretch to go from saying "That's sexist" to "Eliminate sexism". Kind of like saying "That's heteronormative" doesn't imply "Eliminate heteronormativity".
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-09 11:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Willie Nelson
Joan Rivers

Demolition Man 2: Revenge of the Three Seashells
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-09 11:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It is heteronormative. It's also sexist. Those aren't two mutually exclusive concepts.
It also doesn't have to do with being bothered, or wanting to eliminate it. You can certainly describe something accurately without wanting to eliminate it.

In other words, it's a bit of a stretch to go from saying "That's sexist" to "Eliminate sexism". Kind of like saying "That's heteronormative" doesn't imply "Eliminate heteronormativity".

WHY ARE WE BACK TO THIS?
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-06-09 11:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Joan Rivers

I... um...don't think joan will make the casting call...
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-06-09 11:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

WHY ARE WE BACK TO THIS?

mil is in a different time zone
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-09 11:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Joan Rivers is a woman and funny a rare combination !

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-09 11:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

WHY ARE WE BACK TO THIS?

There is only one time zone. 'Murica Time Zone.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-06-09 11:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

WHY ARE WE BACK TO THIS?

then... he works a really really early american shift?...

I think he is one of those weirdos that works at work and goofs off with us when he is home... and supposed to be giving kara a foot message instead of arguing with us idiots.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-09 12:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Working at work what a novel concept !
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-06-09 12:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

WHY ARE WE BACK TO THIS?

which one?
By Ramyrez 2015-06-09 12:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Working at work what a novel concept !

Only if you're an author.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-09 12:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
WHY ARE WE BACK TO THIS?

which one?

USMDT
Unites States of 'Murica Daylight Time.
By Ramyrez 2015-06-09 12:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
WHY ARE WE BACK TO THIS?

which one?

USMDT
Unites States of 'Murica Daylight Time.

Specifically, EST, where the work gets done. Not PST, where the hippies roll out of bed at 11:00 and call it 8:00.
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-06-09 12:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Demolition Man 2: Revenge of the Three Seashells
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-06-09 12:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I think he is one of those weirdos that works at work and goofs off with us when he is home... and supposed to be giving kara a foot message instead of arguing with us idiots.
This, basically.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-09 13:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bomb threat at the White House:

When further asked a CNN reporter said a drunken frat boy is mostly likely the lead suspect !

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/west-wing-evacuated-shortly-capitol-bomb-threat/story?id=31643295
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-06-09 14:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Good to know that a prank call can shut down the government.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-09 14:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Are they not supposed to take a bomb threat seriously?

"Hey guys, it's just some teenager again. Nothing to see...*boom*

WHY DIDNT OBAMA PERSONALLY EVACUATE THE WEST WING???
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-09 14:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Are they not supposed to take a bomb threat seriously?

"Hey guys, it's just some teenager again. Nothing to see...*boom*

WHY DIDNT OBAMA PERSONALLY EVACUATE THE WEST WING???

Calling in a bomb threat is the easiest way to get out of work or school that I can think of.
By Ramyrez 2015-06-09 14:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Calling in a bomb threat is the easiest way to get out of work or school that I can think of.

Getting out of it for 15-20, sure.
By fonewear 2015-06-09 14:48:51
Link | Quote | Reply

That is long enough to avoid a test you didn't study for !
By Enuyasha 2015-06-09 16:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Fattynoob said: »
Enuyasha said: »
Hillary has too much Benghazi on her from the plebian laymen side of the uninformed voter pool so maybe Bernie will get it cause he actually does seem to want what a lot of voters seem to want.

Uninformed voter's would think she did everything perfectly in that situation. However the fact that it was a failure in leadership absolutely tells us how well she would do as POTUS. Did you even watch the hearings? I suppose not. You probably believe they were complete investigations also, even though emails had not been received until February 2015. Had Gowdy not been so thorough America still wouldn't even know about Clintons secret spy network and private communication paid for by U.S. Tax payers.

Benghazi is the least of corrupt Clinton's concerns. I would think being bribed by foreign governments much more dangerous to her campaign. There is a reason she doesn't field reporters questions.

At this point she is merely a distraction from whoever the real democratic candidate will be. Much like Obama in 2008. I can't believe anyone other than crazed feminists or low-information voters would support her.

There isn't a viable candidate out there yet for either party. Just more pro-establishment, pro-wall street, sell out America candidates.
I dont think you know what an Uninformed voter is, no really. An uninformed voter votes on the feels (Such as, "Shes a woman","He's going to make pot legal","She let them boys die in that ther Benghazi",etc.) while an informed voter keeps up with statements,ideologies, and pretty much knows the candidates they dont and do want to vote for (an involved citizen of this here 'merica). An uninformed voter gets to claim ignorance because they actually dont know who they are voting for whereas your normal voter would have somewhat of an idea on who they believe the person they are voting for stands for. The problem with this country is you have a bunch of either uninformed voters or knee-jerk independents that vote one way or the other because they are told what to feel and they go with what is first presented to them.

The way you use the term itself it seems like its an inappropriate word substitution. And then if you get into like, the actual things in your post, you cant really blame Clinton for using an illegal legal spy network because it fell under TPA if it used a "national security" tag. This is largely the information that no one seems to get, it may be "Illegal" but "technically" it is "Legal" because there is a law that loopholes the law against justifying it. You get rid of the law, you then make things done under this law full on illegal again no questions, You cannot have both without the other happening first.

Now as far as TPA goes it did expire, but it only gained a new form in new legislation.

But lets face it, the most tangible argument anyone in the debate is going to have against Clinton is Benghazi allegations, and you cant win an election by shouting buzz words at the top of your lungs hoping everyone believes you. Romney tried it (The pitiful little attempt at a gotcha question as he could have ever attempted as it was), failed, now his party is using the same tag line as if its in any way relevant.

As far as the legitimacy of any "Investigation" may have gone it was entirely fruitless a venture as any to try and pin anyone to the event because it was literally an attack suit which ultimately wasted more of the tax payers dollars then it actually had to. What happened was definitely a tragedy, trying to claim it was intentional or negligence was had is just going to be grabbing for straws if you dont have anything tangible that leads to that much reasonable doubt. You can subjectively argue if they did or didnt, but thats all you really have is subjective hearsay.

I just cant wait til all these "New 9/11" gotcha scandals can stop, they are really just pathetic at this point.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-06-09 16:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

We Like Darth Vader Better Than All 2016 Candidates

Quote:
Potential voters aren't pleased with their options: poll

If voting took place today, and if he could make the journey from the Death Star, Darth Vader might just be named the next president of the United States. He'd have a better chance than any of the real-life candidates at least, according to an amusing new poll from the Washington Post. The Terminator and the shark from Jaws also sit higher in net favorability rankings—based on positive ratings minus the negative ones from recent traditional polls (for the real candidates) as well as 1,000 Google users who answered questions over the weekend (for the fictional ones)—than any of the actual candidates. Bernie Sanders is the only one of the candidates to have a favorable score, though 62% of poll respondents didn't give an opinion on the senator because they didn’t know much about him.

Sanders is followed by Marco Rubio, Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, Martin O'Malley, Rand Paul, and Scott Walker. Walker fared only slightly better than Voldemort, the noseless villain from Harry Potter, who in turn outranks Mike Huckabee, Ted Cruz, Jeb Bush, Rick Santorum, Chris Christie, and Donald Trump, in that order. Trump, who 71% viewed unfavorably, scored a negative 56, far worse than Christie's negative 26. A CNN poll last week found potential voters have the most unfavorable impression of Clinton since 2001, with many doubting whether she is honest and trustworthy. The same poll found Rubio and Bush lead a tight pack, including Huckabee, Walker, Cruz, Paul, and Ben Carson, on the Republican side.
IDK, we had Darth Cheney and his sock puppet. I didn't like them at all.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 646 647 648 ... 1375 1376 1377