Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 645 646 647 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-06-09 09:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
I love the way people like Nausi rally so hard against global warming, when changing everything that supposedly causes global warming is still entirely beneficial to the country even if global warming itself weren't a thing (even though it is).

we feel the same way about paying for emergency ghostbuster calls, radon mitigation, feng shui, aura cleansing....

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-06-09 09:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
something is bound to happen.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-06-09 09:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Seriously, what do you have against cheap and widely available CO2 producing energy?

I'll bite just for fun,

CO2 in the atmosphere helps maintaining life by keeping earth warm by trapping sun radiations. Fact.

If you alter the balance by sending large quantities of CO2 in the atmosphere, something is bound to happen. Maybe it won't be catastrophic, but do you honestly want to take a chance?

A car might hit you if you get out of bed today, Maybe it won't happen, but to you honestly want to take that chance? You could also choke if you drink a glass of water, better be safe and not drink any water then.
By Ramyrez 2015-06-09 09:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
I love the way people like Nausi rally so hard against global warming, when changing everything that supposedly causes global warming is still entirely beneficial to the country even if global warming itself weren't a thing (even though it is).

we feel the same way about paying for emergency ghostbuster calls, radon mitigation, feng shui, aura cleansing....

Except the health concerns to the population due to air pollution are real...
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-06-09 09:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you point out more specific flaws in their methodology? Bias correction isn't a new thing and new methods of data processing is a part of progress. Besides, the "pause" was never as meaningful as lolskeptics took it as.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-06-09 09:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

better be safe and not drink any water then.

unless it's bottled...

boiling wont help
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-06-09 09:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm talking about altering the balance in nature. Something IS going to happen, it's just hard to tell how bad it'll be. Like taking out all the salt from the ocean.

I understand your reluctance to join our efforts to revert the surface of the earth back to it's molten form...

but try to think of it as just urban renewal on a really grand scale
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-09 09:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

You have my sympathies Seha, you've bought this BS hook line and sinker. How many time must you see the emperor with no clothes before you acknowledge he's naked?
What?
I haven't even said anything, I only brought to attention a recent research bothering to link the actual paper.

I wanted to signal it for those who care about this topic, like you for instance, but I didn't infer anything myself.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-06-09 09:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I cannot point to specific flaws, no. I have not reviewed their research, nor have I read much counterpoint to it (yet). However the single and most important flaw of this whole argument as a skeptic is:

The scientists alarmists are bought and paid for by a political ideology.

Pleebs, we at one time held consensus that there was a pause in global warming, and that for the last 18 years, atmospheric temps had not warmed. Are you now throwing that consensus away and adopting this new perspective? I would lament that, we were making such progress, I think you should at least call your sponsor before you fall off the wagon again.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-06-09 09:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

No, the observation was that the rate of warming had declined but was still increasing. There existed multiple hypotheses to explain the trend (listed in Seha's link).

Pointing out that science didn't nail it right off the bat reeks of empty criticism since one of the goals of science is to constantly correct itself.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-09 10:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The scientists alarmists are bought and paid for by a political ideology.

The 97% consensus on global warming

Quote:
There is no funding to maintain Skeptical Science other than Paypal donations - it's run at personal expense. John Cook has no affiliations with any organisations or political groups. Skeptical Science is strictly a labour of love. The design was created by John's talented web designer wife.
By Ramyrez 2015-06-09 10:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Pointing out that science didn't nail it right off the bat reeks of empty criticism since one of the goals of science is to constantly correct itself.

Not black and white enough. We must have a definitive answer now or you're entirely wrong.

Unless we support a thing. And then, any source backing it will do, even religious texts written as allegory 2000 or more years ago.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-06-09 10:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
You have my sympathies Seha, you've bought this BS hook line and sinker. How many time must you see the emperor with no clothes before you acknowledge he's naked?
What?
I haven't even said anything, I only brought to attention a recent research bothering to link the actual paper.

I wanted to signal it for those who care about this topic, like you for instance, but I didn't infer anything myself.
Ok, even though you've all but given away your view with stuff like "balance of nature", I'll still play along.

Let me ask you, how much of a driver is man's emission of CO2 into the atmosphere through everything we do (industry, breathing, existing)?
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-06-09 10:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

No, the observation was that the rate of warming had declined but was still increasing. There existed multiple hypotheses to explain the trend (listed in Seha's link).

great! then we can just wait until they achieve perfection...
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-06-09 10:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Your sponsor is disappointed.

So "the science is settled" was in fact total ***? Oh OK just checking. Jeez why are there all these skeptics again?

Not black and white enough. We must have a definitive answer now or you're entirely wrong.

Unless we support a thing. And then, any source backing it will do, even religious texts written as allegory 2000 or more years ago.

Clearly we should be stifling world economic growth and prosperity based on at least 50 shades of grey.
By Ramyrez 2015-06-09 10:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Clearly we should be stifling world economic growth and prosperity for those already taking in money hand over fist based on at least 50 shades of grey.

Fixed it read how you meant it.

Don't worry, Nausi. As soon as your corporate masters find a way to profit from going green, they'll do so, and your tune will change quicker than Ross Perot ducked in and out of presidential races.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-06-09 10:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

global warming is almost as sleep-inducing as *** on an old olympian.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-06-09 10:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
global warming is almost as sleep-inducing as *** on an old olympian.
Isn't that your fetish?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-09 10:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

So "the science is settled" was in fact total ***? Oh OK just checking. Jeez why are there all these skeptics again?

Your (lack of) understanding of science is borderline offensive to anyone who has even passed a high school physics class.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-06-09 10:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

duh dummy, global warming gets everyone hot.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-06-09 10:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Your sponsor is disappointed.

Don't strain yourself boo.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-06-09 10:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Who said science is settled?

/buzzes in

who is, John traitor kerry
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-09 10:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Nature balance? What are you even on about now?

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-06-09 10:32:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, that wasn't you, it was shiroi (my mistake). Regardless my question remains (my suspicions too).
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-09 10:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing I see when that word is uttered.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-09 10:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

We'll capitalism our way out of the future effects of climate change and by capitalism our way out I mean put all the poor trash in the low lying flood zones, initiate mass die offs to correct population and charge for previously abundant resources like water and arable land.

Have fun gents, I'll be busy buying up water aquifers and drinking a bottle of Beringer while you pray for rain.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 645 646 647 ... 1375 1376 1377