Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 643 644 645 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-06-08 18:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Hmm, comedian wonders why his act doesn't appeal to young adults who were still shitting their diapers during the time of his peak popularity. The caveat with potentially offensive humor is that it has to be perceived as funny otherwise you simply look like an ***.

If you read the article, Seinfeld mentioned that he doesn't do those kinds of jokes typically because he's not good at them. It was comments from other comedians that convinced him not to do it.
Ok, that makes less sense then. "They won't get jokes I don't even make." He mentions a generational gap, but he doesn't consider that contributes to a disconnect in what is considered funny or not. There are comedians like Tosh whose whole act is offensive humor and his bread-and-butter audience is the same demographic.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-08 18:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, comedian wonders why his act doesn't appeal to young adults who were still shitting their diapers during the time of his peak popularity. The caveat with potentially offensive humor is that it has to be perceived as funny otherwise you simply look like an ***.

If you read the article, Seinfeld mentioned that he doesn't do those kinds of jokes typically because he's not good at them. It was comments from other comedians that convinced him not to do it.
Ok, that makes less sense then. "They won't get jokes I don't even make." He mentions a generational gap, but he doesn't consider that contributes to a disconnect in what is considered funny or not. There are comedians like Tosh whose whole act is offensive humor and his bread-and-butter audience is the same demographic.

I don't agree with you 100%, but kudos for taking the most rational approach against Seinfeld's comments thus far.

On that note, can we move on now?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-06-08 18:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

No, because I just got home want to argue randomly about ***!
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-08 18:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Prepare for a fun backread then. I'm almost ashamed to have even been a part of it. Oh well, gotta get my kicks somehow.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2015-06-08 18:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
You literally liked the post correcting it. Sorry for assuming you're smarter than you are. Did you think I didn't read ***before posting?

And no, because you clearly don't give a ***and nothing I say will sway you. Humanity should focus on more important things, after all. No time for that multitasking nonsense.

Oh look at that, I even read ***even further back than a few pages.
sexist (like Milamber was implying) but instead was heteronormative
...Exactly.

And my intelligence is in question? Okay.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-06-08 18:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Prepare for a fun backread then. I'm almost ashamed to have even been a part of it. Oh well, gotta get my kicks somehow.
I stopped at sexism.

Not touching that ***. Because even if you are right, you are wrong.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-08 18:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

You literally liked the post correcting it. Sorry for assuming you're smarter than you are. Did you think I didn't read ***before posting?

And no, because you clearly don't give a ***and nothing I say will sway you. Humanity should focus on more important things, after all. No time for that multitasking nonsense.

Oh look at that, I even read ***even further back than a few pages.
sexist (like Milamber was implying) but instead was heteronormative
...Exactly.

And my intelligence is in question? Okay.

Yeah, because you still haven't stated your argument. Is that too hard, or would you rather continue to launch a vague, passive-aggressive tirade?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-08 18:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I stopped at sexism.

As a conservative, you should be used to that already.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-06-08 18:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that too hard, or would you rather continue to launch a vague, passive-aggressive tirade
You should know better on this website!

We have no choice but to launch a vague, passive-aggressive tirade, otherwise it might be considered harassment a personal attack.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-08 18:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that too hard, or would you rather continue to launch a vague, passive-aggressive tirade

We have no choice but to launch a vague, passive-aggressive tirade, otherwise it might be considered harassment a personal attack.

Or just pull a Fone. That seems to work okay.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-08 18:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Or just pull a Fone. That seems to work okay.

Sexism is a serious problem...that I don't take seriously !
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-06-08 18:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I stopped at sexism.

As a conservative, you should be used to that already.
I am.

But you know what's nice about being in a corporate office with actual businessmen/women? Everyone (at least in my office) is conservative! My boss, my minions, the directors, the mail boy, everyone!

I don't need to rant here anymore because my office gets political too often >.> Also, my workload keeps me away from my desk too often -.-

Then again, this office has a lot to *** about about this administration >.>
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-08 18:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-06-08 18:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

So is this page allotted entirely to conservative persecution?
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-08 18:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's the white male persecution complex. But same difference.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-06-08 18:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

If you see it that way.

Care to point out where people here are being persecuted?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-08 18:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

If you see it that way.

Care to point out where people here are being persecuted?

He just wanted to make sure he was clear to start persecuting. Give the guy some credit, at least he was asking nicely this time.
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-06-08 18:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, god, are you boys going to empty your purses all over the floor again while preparing your statements for when a "liberal" does the same in 2 hours?

Crazy thought: stop using partisanship as a basis for your argumentation. Ever notice how all discussion stops when the word "liberal" or "conservative" gets mentioned? Of course you don't: because that would require recognizing who are the guiltiest when it comes to introducing those roadblocks.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-08 19:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Oh, god, are you boys going to empty your purses all over the floor again while preparing your statements for when a "liberal" does the same in 2 hours?

Nah, this time around I thought we'd choreograph a back-alley brawl, complete with finger snapping. Gotta keep it fresh.
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-06-08 19:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm overwhelmed with choreography right now, can we not?

In seriousness, though, this relates precisely to what Seinfeld was saying. By using emotional-trigger words, especially in an insulting or derogatory fashion, you apply reductionist thinking to any conversation that renders it fundamentally dead. "That's sexist!" and "That's misandrist!" are both ways to immediately end discussion and start a flame war. "You're a conservative!" and "You're a liberal!" are no different. Pigeon-hole someone to eliminate their agency as a thinker and reduce them to a straw-man caricature, get pigeon-holed in turn, repeat ad nauseum.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-08 19:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fair enough. When I mentioned it earlier on this page I was making a joke, but I'm certainly guilty of it from time to time.

On another P&R note, how about Bernie Sanders in that Wisconsin straw poll, coming within 8 points of Hillary? It's time for the establishment to start worrying.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-08 19:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It's time for the establishment to start worrying.

Even if he beats hillary in some primaries, he won't win the nomination and I really doubt he can win the general.

That said, I admire his cajones.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-08 19:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem with Bernie Sanders...he is older than dirt !
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-08 19:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

Dirt's not that old.

Odin.Jassik said: »
Even if he beats hillary in some primaries, he won't win the nomination and I really doubt he can win the general.

I'm not so sure that the establishment needs to worry about Bernie in particular, but seeing their champion barely eeking out victories this early in the game.
By fonewear 2015-06-08 19:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If Bernie Sanders is our next President I'll get a sex change operation and post it live on FFXIAH !
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-08 19:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

God help me I'm actually listening to the "gamer gate" woman *** about men for about 40 minutes I need a new hobby !
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-08 19:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

If Bernie Sanders is our next President I'll get a sex change operation and post it live on FFXIAH !

Welp, guess I'm making a "Bernie Sanders for President!" Facebook page. This may be worth voting the guy into office for.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-08 19:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

To summarize why we love forums:

[+]
By Enuyasha 2015-06-08 19:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Dirt's not that old.

Odin.Jassik said: »

I'm not so sure that the establishment needs to worry about Bernie in particular, but seeing their champion barely eeking out victories this early in the game.
I dont think ive heard anyone hitlers youthing to Hillary just yet. I think a lot of the reason people arent going to say it out loud is because people already assumed Hillary was going to run, and that she would be the new democrat trojan horse....but in the end, its a bunch of innevitable conclusion making and assuming that goes on in that logic. We could very well see Bernie pull ahead in the general election, Hillary has too much Benghazi on her from the plebian laymen side of the uninformed voter pool so maybe Bernie will get it cause he actually does seem to want what a lot of voters seem to want. Noone will vote for Jindal if it comes down to the battle of the minorities, noone is stupid enough to think Perry is good, Rand Paul will die in a glorious manner as his family always does, and that other female candidate and the token black republican just dont have a chance, too similar to Bush and far too fringe for the uninformed voter. I mean, who ACTUALLY supports No Child Left Behind and knowing what we do now sending troops into Iraq if they had made the decision.

Oh and then theres Jeb Bush, yea.

The pool on either side is rather shallow, but i dont expect the republicans to be anything but a slight pothole in the street filled with rain water at this point.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-06-08 19:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Already watched a video of one. /shrug
First Page 2 3 ... 643 644 645 ... 1375 1376 1377