Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 269 270 271 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Bloodrose 2015-02-11 11:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Bloodrose said: »
It's a federal workplace and safety law that requires all people in the majority of industries (barring emergency services, first responders, and such) to give an employee a minimum 15 minute break after 5 hours work. In some industries where heavy lifting is a requirement, it's a 5-10 minute break every hour.

In workplace situations where there is possible risk to heat stroke (such as working in large, heavily populated convention centers for events) the rule is 5 minute breaks every 15 minutes.

A lunch break (30-60min) must be offered to employees if working for more than 5 hours. *this can be in lieu of the standard 15 minute break, and doesn't have to be a paid break (8 hours of work) unless stipulated in the work agreement (8 hour shift)*

Very few industries or positions in those industries, are allowed to schedule an employee to work for more than 10 hours, and a requirement of 8 hours of rest between shifts is mandated by law.

Technically speaking, we have a very similar federal law here, however....

Many states have adopted at-will employment standards which basically neuter it. The at-will employment agreement means that either the employer or employee can end the relationship at any time without reason. That paves the way for no breaks, mandatory overtime without additional compensation and ridiculously long shifts. It also means they are not responsible for any paid or unpaid leave that isn't in accordance with FMLA or ADA.

I worked for a company that had mandatory 10 hour days, 6 days a week, no lunch break, no vacation, no overtime pay, no health insurance, and routinely fired people for requesting raises or time off. They would also manufacture a reason for the dismissal to attempt to block any kind of unemployment insurance claims.
We have a lot of the same problems here.

I started working for Montana's Cookhouse and Saloon in the airport, and was supposed to receive my first raise after 3 months when my workplace probation expired, and again after being there for 6 months. Each time they tried to extend what workplace probation was - from 3 months to 6 months, then when I hit 6 months, they said it was a year.

I was working there for $11.00 an hour, as an already experienced line cook with 3 years applicable education. They then expected me to supervise, and train new employees who were being hired at $13.00, and had absolutely no work ethic at all.

I was hired by the AKM (Assistant Kitchen Manager) who already knew prior to being hired I had a back injury. I was the only staff member who never got a break, because I didn't smoke. They were letting 16 year olds go out and smoke instead, when all I requested was 5-10 minutes a shift to sit down.

On my last day, I re-inflamed my back injury, and informed the on-shift manager I would need to take the next day off. the AKM had recently been promoted to KM, called me the next day, saying if I didn't come into work, he'd take it as my 2 weeks notice. The re-inflammation was so bad, I couldn't move for 3 days.

So I refused to show up for those next two weeks. Man was the Airport manager pissed at the new KM for letting me go like that, and when I went to collect my check, the guy had been fired.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-11 11:46:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
luckily I was high.
Peyote?
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-02-11 11:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess I should add a little more context - At the time I was working in that particular Montana's, it was located in the airport.

The previous Kitchen Manager had been training me to do proper safety and sanitation checks for the entire kitchen: Bathroom, walk in cooler, freezer, beer cooler, line check, and trained me on basically every station that I didn't learn at a previous Montana's restaurant.

And I had more respect from the other employees than the AKM who somehow got promoted, because the KM was moving on to start his own business (which was shutdown 7 years later)
By Jetackuu 2015-02-11 11:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

A friend of mine had called out to work for a medical reason and the boss of his boss told my friend's boss to fire him, he told him no. So he got fired, then my friend got fired.

He had a meeting with the resort's HR department after that, but I forgot to inquire as to to resolution.

He got hired as a banquet prep cook after and worked 70~ hours a week again doing that, got laid off recently though, as the golf course isn't having any banquets right now.

That reminds me, I should call him in a few hours when he's more likely to be up and see if he's busy.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-02-11 11:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Siren.Mosin said: »
luckily I was high.
Peyote?

I wish!
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-11 12:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a shame I didn't come here two months earlier than I did. I would have loved to gotten high to check this out:
Vladimir Putin welcomed with cheers in Belgrade

To be fair though I bought my ticket the day before, lol.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-11 12:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
It's a shame I didn't come here two months earlier than I did. I would have loved to gotten high to check this out:

You could have basked in his gay fascism !
By Ramyrez 2015-02-11 12:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It's starting to sound more and more like you moved to Serbia not for fiscal or cultural reasons, but for substance ones. :p
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-11 12:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

It's starting to sound more and more like you moved to Serbia not for fiscal or cultural reasons, but for substance ones. :p
LOL!

TBH, I didn't know I'd have access to so much so easily.

It's basically this cafe in which only people who know the owner go to. I was just randomly checking it out one day, started talking to the guy and before I knew it... Meh, I hadn't smoked in years since I got here, and it was a nice little thing to do while I got used to the place.

He's a guy who knows people. That's how stuff gets done around here. For all aspects.

10mg codeine pills are a godsend though for handovers, nothing more.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-11 12:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

You could have basked in his gay fascism !
It's just pressure from the wealthy orthodox church, nothing more.

Much like how the Jews run America, well here (and there) it's the Orthodox church.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-11 12:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The church running the country sounds like England before we left it !
By Ramyrez 2015-02-11 13:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The church running the country sounds like England before we left it !

Yeah! Because the Puritans left Europe because the wanted to oppress people with their own religion, not someone else's!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-02-11 13:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

He's a guy who knows people. That's how stuff gets done around here. For all aspects.

Sounds shady as ***.

I know that's how it goes in Russia, but apparently it's all of Eastern Europe.

Not that the U.S. is much better. We just call our mafias "corporations" and give them legal room to operate.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-02-11 13:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

and who doesn't want to be under the shade during a hot day?
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-11 13:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still a Puritan.
By Bloodrose 2015-02-11 13:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still a Puritan.
But completely defiled.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-11 13:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds shady as ***.

Not that the U.S. is much better. We just call our mafias "corporations" and give them legal room to operate.
And Ramy's mind opens up today!
By Bloodrose 2015-02-11 13:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds shady as ***.

FOR TRUUUUUUTH AND JUUUUUUSTIIIICE!
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-11 13:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The corporations man they control everything !

They are in my head right now.
By Ramyrez 2015-02-11 13:37:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds shady as ***.

Meh. I've always been against corporations on an exestential level. I'm an angry, cynical idealist. It's a tough job, but someone's got to drive themselves crazy with this stuff, right?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-02-11 13:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't have to be LG's brand of crazy to know how much money runs things everywhere. :p
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-02-11 13:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't have to be LG's brand of crazy to know how much money runs things everywhere. :p
that's the joke!

God damn old person.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-11 13:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

'No one dies of fatal truths nowadays: there are too many antidotes.'
By fonewear 2015-02-11 13:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm watching a woman golf and I'm highly aroused.
By Bloodrose 2015-02-11 13:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

She must really know how to tap those balls.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-11 13:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Turn on the Golf channel and see for yourself !

I don't know how I got to the Golf channel either...

I'm learning how to putt but mostly looking at her sexy legs in this skirt.

She looks about 15 so there is the right level of creepiness.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-11 13:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Women golfers are dangerous.

I don't know about you, but I don't want to see a woman whack a ball with a stick between 60-80 times. It might give them ideas in the bedroom.

"Here honey, let me set this up for par *wink*"

*whack*
By fonewear 2015-02-11 13:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Not even joking this woman hosts a golf show:

[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-02-11 13:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Women golfers are dangerous.

I don't know about you, but I don't want to see a woman whack a ball with a stick between 60-80 times. It might give them ideas in the bedroom.

"Here honey, let me set this up for par *wink*"

*whack*
that hurts in a certain place just reading it.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-11 13:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the one that is on TV though:

First Page 2 3 ... 269 270 271 ... 1375 1376 1377