Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 265 266 267 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Ramyrez 2015-02-11 09:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Ramyrez said: »
Speaking of Titanic, has anyone heard the fan theory about it that Jack is just a hallucination? It makes so much sense.

(And if you're over 25 don't bother pretending you haven't seen it. At the very least you watched it with a girl trying to show her you were sensitive.)

Not even lying I never watched it. I'm stuck in the late 90's

It came out in the late 90s...

But I'd almost buy it from you, given I don't think you've ever tried to actually understand a woman or even pretend you care about her feelings. :p
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-11 09:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

These kids with there movies and popular culture I tells ya !
By Bloodrose 2015-02-11 09:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The Grammies are a joke if they can let Kanye West interrupt an awards ceremony for a deservedly good musical artist like Beck, and think it was a joke...

At first.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-11 09:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I still watch movies on VHS bring back Blockbuster video !
By fonewear 2015-02-11 09:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of Titanic, has anyone heard the fan theory about it that Jack is just a hallucination? It makes so much sense.

(And if you're over 25 don't bother pretending you haven't seen it. At the very least you watched it with a girl trying to show her you were sensitive.)

Not even lying I never watched it. I'm stuck in the late 90's

But I'd almost buy it from you, given I don't think you've ever tried to actually understand a woman or even pretend you care about her feelings. :p

Speaking of feelings:

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-02-11 09:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I gave up on the Grammies and Oscars both .

you still lose your man card for having ever watched either of them...

<card tearing sound>
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-02-11 09:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Plenty of women out there just have to find one crazier than you are.

Speaking for myself at least.

If she has some sort of emotional or mental issue take advantage of it.

Basically I'm saying to date women that were just released from the mental hospital.
relevant:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-11 10:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope never saw it.

Took em to see the Saw Trilogy instead, well up to 4, cause it got too much after that.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-02-11 10:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Titanic is a movie worth watching for the spectacle of the whole production. Much of it involved practical effects and models. Say what you like about James Cameron, the guy is a *** genius at his craft.

Funny enough, Titanic was marketed as an action movie and not a romance. Except there's very little action until the last 1/3rd of the film.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-11 10:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
I never watched titanic either... or frozen...

/shrug
So that's why you never Let it Go!
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-11 10:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

That explains it, lol.

I didn't 'date' until college.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-11 10:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Titanic is a movie worth watching for the spectacle of the whole production. Much of it involved practical effects and models. Say what you like about James Cameron, the guy is a *** genius at his craft.

Funny enough, Titanic was marketed as an action movie and not a romance. Except there's very little action until the last 1/3rd of the film.
At least I was only forced to watch it on VHS. My sister bought it for the family to watch, and I was forced to watch it.

It was boring for the majority of the film, it wasn't until the iceberg hit that it started to get remotely interesting.

At least I cheered when Leo died.
By Bloodrose 2015-02-11 10:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Leo was such a horrible actor back then, and rode it until his popularity dwindled.

Then he had to git gud in order to keep pulling in money.

One of his best movies was actually Blood Diamond.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-02-11 10:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

<card tearing sound>

You'll have to get into my wallet for my man card. And I use a small money clip wallet that I keep in my front pockets. So unless you want to have your own man card revoked for fishing around in another man's trousers, I suggest you back off evil one!
By Ramyrez 2015-02-11 10:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Say what you like about James Cameron, the guy is a *** genius at his craft.

The problem is, his craft isn't "quality film making" his craft is "making buttloads of money for studios."

Bloodrose said: »
Leo was such a horrible actor back then, and rode it until his popularity dwindled.

Then he had to git gud in order to keep pulling in money.

One of his best movies was actually Blood Diamond.

Leo was *** awful for so long, but I have to wonder -- in hindsight -- how much of that was directors'/producers' doing. Because in the last 7-8 years he's done some good work.
By Ramyrez 2015-02-11 10:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
That explains it, lol.

I didn't 'date' until college.

It does explain some things.

I went to see it with a girl I was looking to pick up shortly before I became involved with my current wife.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-11 10:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Then he became a living meme.
Ftfy
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-02-11 10:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

<card tearing sound>

You'll have to get into my wallet for my man card. And I use a small money clip wallet that I keep in my front pockets. So unless you want to have your own man card revoked for fishing around in another man's trousers, I suggest you back off evil one!

everyone knows you started carrying it in your fannypack when you had to switch from trousers to maternity sweatpants!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-11 10:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »

Then he became a living meme.
Ftfy

Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-11 10:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Only needed the title and the response from Staples.
Quote:
Staples shot back on Wednesday, saying the company's policy on part-time workers was more than a decade old and not a response to the 2010 health care law, known as Obamacare.

"Unfortunately, the president appears not to have all the facts," Staples spokesman Kirk Saville said in a statement. "It's unfortunate that the president is attacking a company that provides more than 85,000 jobs and is a major tax payer."
Obama slams Staples, big companies on healthcare: 'Shame on them'
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-11 10:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Armed Houthi rebels in the Yemeni capital Sanaa seized U.S. embassy vehicles after the ambassador and diplomats left the country on Wednesday, local members of embassy staff told Reuters.

The employees said that more than 20 vehicles were taken by the fighters after the Americans departed from Sanaa's airport.

The United States, Britain and France have closed their embassies and evacuated staff as the security situation in Yemen has unraveled following the group's formal takeover of power last week.
Yemen Houthi rebels seize U.S. embassy vehicles after diplomats leave: staff
By Ramyrez 2015-02-11 10:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

<card tearing sound>

everyone knows you started carrying it in your fannypack when you had to switch from trousers to maternity sweatpants!

*shakes head*
By Ramyrez 2015-02-11 10:41:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Staples shot back on Wednesday, saying the company's policy on part-time workers was more than a decade old and not a response to the 2010 health care law, known as Obamacare.

"Unfortunately, the president appears not to have all the facts," Staples spokesman Kirk Saville said in a statement. "It's unfortunate that the president is attacking a company that provides more than 85,000 jobs and is a major tax payer."

Bad on Obama for not getting his facts right.

Worse on Staples saying, "Yeah, we've been screwing people over for way longer than you've been in office, man!"
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-02-11 10:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem is, his craft isn't "quality film making" his craft is "making buttloads of money for studios."

What's wrong with making bank? T1-2 are legendary status, Titanics practical effects are amazing for its day (actual setbuilding?!) and then again in the CGI arena with Avatar.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-11 10:41:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

So basically they've been *** workers over for over a decade, as a lot of people have been saying, got it.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-11 10:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Bad on Obama for not getting his facts right.

Worse on Staples saying, "Yeah, we've been screwing people over for way longer than you've been in office, man!"
When has Obama ever got his facts straight?

And Staples has more full time employees than part time, even during the holiday season.

Source
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-11 10:44:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Plus, I would love how some people think that companies are *** over people by giving them jobs....
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-02-11 10:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

I love this line:

Quote:
Staples and No. 2 office retailer Office Depot Inc announced last week a $6.3 billion plan to join forces to compete against big box stores and online rivals.

They're both big box stores!
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-11 10:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk... I worked for Staples full time (50hrs actually) back in the summer between sophomore and junior year of college. $12.50/hr doing the overnight shift (inventory) and regular hours on weekends.

I had no quarrels or health insurance at the time. Was a great experience, tbh.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 265 266 267 ... 1375 1376 1377