Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 258 259 260 ... 1375 1376 1377
By fonewear 2015-02-10 15:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Rape is never funny except when Bill Cosby does it.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-02-10 15:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll let your imagination wander.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-10 15:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
Pudding: Political entity, or religious deity?

DISCUSS!

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-10 15:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't care who or what he raped he is still entertaining.

I'm sure a lot of the famous people I like are terrible people. But that is none of my business...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-10 15:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
At this point I'm surprised Jello doesn't sue him for damages to their brand.
Contract expired a long time ago, and statue of limitations apply in this case

/legalese
By Bloodrose 2015-02-10 15:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Because he wasn't directly involved with their brand, which btw is "Jell-O", rather than Jello.

He made more references to pudding pops than he every did with jello, anyways.
By fonewear 2015-02-10 15:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still using Kodak film because of Cosby.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-02-10 16:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I don't care who or what he raped he is still entertaining.

I'm sure a lot of the famous people I like are terrible people. But that is none of my business...

Chuck Norris.
Steven Seagal.

One's a Bible thumping loon and the other is a coward who picks on people who can't fight back and sexually assaults co-stars.

I sure know how to pick 'em!
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-02-10 16:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Because he wasn't directly involved with their brand, which btw is "Jell-O", rather than Jello.

Well he was the spokesman for their brand for a long time. You can sue for defamation no matter how it happens, other cases could be argued too though none are a real exact fit. But the time period passed is probably the main reason that I believe. I doubt jell-O would want it public anyway if they did sue him so who knows.
Suing for Defamation is one thing, launching what would be a successful suit is another. You would also have to provide a reasonable case as to why you believe the defamation has hurt your name, brand, or profitability in both the short, and long term.
By Bloodrose 2015-02-10 16:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It's actually easier, and more damaging to Cosby, to boycott him at this point, than to sue him for money he doesn't have.
By Bloodrose 2015-02-10 16:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Well he was the spokesman for their brand for a long time. You can sue for defamation no matter how it happens, other cases could be argued too though none are a real exact fit. But the time period passed is probably the main reason that I believe. I doubt jell-O would want it public anyway if they did sue him so who knows.
Suing for Defamation is one thing, launching what would be a successful suit is another. You would also have to provide a reasonable case as to why you believe the defamation has hurt your name, brand, or profitability in both the short, and long term.
How is that going for Jesse Ventura anyway? Haven't heard an update in a long while.
I have no idea who the *** Jesse Ventura is.
By fonewear 2015-02-10 16:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

How is that going for Jesse Ventura anyway? Haven't heard an update in a long while.

Wrestler turned politician. Certified insane.
By fonewear 2015-02-10 16:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-10 16:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ex military ex pro wrestler, actor too I think and politically outspoken forget if he ran for anthing. The American Sniper movie and more the book it was based off of, there was this point that the author who the movie and book is about, said some really bad things about Jesse Ventura. And he immediately sued for defamation as soon as it was published. Apparently the person the author met in a bar was anonymous until near publishing he changed it to Jesse Ventura. Basically whoever it was said bad things about ex military people and pissed a ton of people off. Last i heard he was winning. My folks liked Jesse Ventura so I might be biased I didn't know who he was either. I heard he got that part of the book removed from the movie too so...
He was governor for a while, I forget which state.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-02-10 16:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

MN
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-02-10 16:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty soon all state governors will be ex body builders or ex wrestlers and actors. And supremacy will be decided by who's movie performs best at the box office. Personally I'm waiting to see which state elects Hulk Hogan.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-02-10 16:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, you mean politicians aren't already roleplaying?
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-02-10 16:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

as funny as that is, they don't do it for our benefit, they do it for their own.
That was the point. If they're going to do whatever they want, they may as well entertain our trivial whims while they're at it. I mean, it keeps getting them elected to spout ***, so just let's have them spout *** in-character.

Don't even pretend you can't see someone winning by a landslide if they cosplayed as Slave Leia or Lion-O for an entire campaign.

Alternatively, just have them dress up at early 20th century robber-barons. Then they're being honest and olde-timey. A few steampunk elements will entice the kids.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-10 17:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
And this goes for anyone that wants to change anything not just you.

Why should the rest of everybody have to change? What if we all like being wrong?
What about public restrooms?
First Page 2 3 ... 258 259 260 ... 1375 1376 1377