Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 240 241 242 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-06 18:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Well it'd be mostly ourselves, China and Japan, Japan probably cutting a deal for us to take our bases and go, we'd just have to worry about China.

Considering everything, it'd be best not to go there.
Problem is, a whole slew of retirement accounts and personal holdings have treasury bonds in them.

By going into default, we would have a national catastrophe 100x the scale and damage Enron caused.

At least Enron was localized in California and some parts of Oregon.

This would destroy a huge portion of the nation's retirement and wealth just to default on the treasury notes. Completely scraping the currency would destroy everything else, including international trade and foreign relations.

Don't forget that other nations depend on the USD for their national currency too. That would destroy their economy along with ours.
I haven't forgotten, it's why I've said for awhile that the world should start paying us for being the world police, that way we could have a more stable global economy.
I concur.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-06 18:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I know how he got "elected" the first time, he didn't.

The second time is even easier to explain though.
By fonewear 2015-02-06 18:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Before Obama I didn't believe and hope and change. Now I'm living off of hope and change.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-06 18:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Wait, G.W.Bush was a real president? I thought it was all a well designed collective joke that involved politicians and medias worldwide.
He was more of a puppet than a president.

To be fair, I'd listen to Cheney too if I had to be in the same room, I kinda enjoy living.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-06 18:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bush was elected by Electoral College, not popular vote.

But if you paid attention to Lordgrim's musings, we have a popular voting system, not an Electoral College voting system.
By Bloodrose 2015-02-06 18:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

That's how Lordgrim will be elected once, then rule us all until he dies.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-06 18:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't worry guys, I'll save you all by being elected in 2020.
By Bloodrose 2015-02-06 18:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

As bad a president Bush was, Al Gore would have been the kiss of death.
[+]
By charlo999 2015-02-06 18:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
charlo999 said: »
Massive wealth destruction

Minus intrest rates and QE.
But the FED doesn't just print money, control intrest rates and effect inflation right?
Wrong.
Reserve factional banking that's privately owned can never work.
Defaulting and forcing a new currency is the only way out now. That's gonna be carnage for a country that's only <30% production and manufacturing.
Envoking a new currency, rather than simply updating wouldn't solve the problem, only add to it.

Also, it would re-label the US as a new country entirely, to use a different form of currency, and apply and register said new currency internationally, which identifies it as a new country.

Which has it's own host of problems. Because the current US would have to pay off all of it's foreign debt before it could be allowed to print a new form of currency. If y the US does default, it would dismantle the country, and the countries it owes the largest sums to, would be able to pick which parts they could collect in lieu of payment.

What should happen, is a complete overhaul of the system (which has it's own carnage) with the currency already in place. However, before that happens, a plan needs to be put in place to make sure every American is safe and protected during the transition. But that could take decades, if not generations.

the FRS isn't privately owned, at least not in whole. It has several private member banks to keep the FED in check, based on business, personal, and clientele interests. It's overseen by quite a few agencies that are a part of the system.

The gov owns like 13% of the FRS the privately owned banks own the rest. So your sorta right.
And yes defaulting would mean paying other countries but the other option is sticking your fingers up which may mean conflict. The U.S. just owes way too much now and the problem is it hasn't the production jobs to support a higher tax on its people to pay. It can never afford it.
The only thing I haven't decided is whether it will be conflict or a agreement between all the privitised owned banks worldwide to pool their resources on a international currency and spreading the stockholding accordingly.
There no good outcome for the people though that's for sure. The wealth devide is gonna be huge.
Also lets not get blindsided by who owns the private banks.
The rockerfellers owned all the oil until government tried to split it up for competition.
All they did was open new companies run by friends and family.
Very few own the banks in the same way.
And if you in turn own 80-90% of the share in FRS, then let's face it, it's privitly owned.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-06 18:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

But if you paid attention to Lordgrim's musings, we have a popular voting system, not an Electoral College voting system.

Depends if you consider Florida's "vote" legitimate considering his brother's office handled things, I mean come on...

But I'm aware of what the electoral college is, and it has it's ups and downs.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-06 18:56:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The gov owns like 13% of the FRS the privately owned banks own the rest.
Where in the world are you getting this from? Do I need to show you again who, by law, can only own the Fed?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-06 18:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends if you consider Florida's "vote" legitimate considering his brother's office handled things, I mean come on...

I'm not going to get into an argument with you over what happened in 2000.

Just like we shouldn't argue what happened in 2008.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-06 18:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

As bad a president Bush was, Al Gore would have been the kiss of death.
Idk, I'd almost rather go out in MAD for him trying to kill MBP than the "They have WMD" nonsense.

Pick our poison?
By Jetackuu 2015-02-06 18:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

People try to contest things in 2008?

It's pretty simple, people were fed up with Bush and would have elected just about anyone who said they weren't like him, even though it turns out Obama is very much like Bush.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-06 19:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

People try to contest things in 2008?

It's pretty simple, people were fed up with Bush and would have elected just about anyone who said they weren't like him, even though it turns out Obama is very much like Bush.
I'm talking about the financial crisis in this case, not the general election.
By Bloodrose 2015-02-06 19:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

But the FED doesn't just print money, control intrest rates and effect inflation right?
Wrong.
Defaulting and forcing a new currency is the only way out now. That's gonna be carnage for a country that's only <30% production and manufacturing.
Envoking a new currency, rather than simply updating wouldn't solve the problem, only add to it.

Also, it would re-label the US as a new country entirely, to use a different form of currency, and apply and register said new currency internationally, which identifies it as a new country.

Which has it's own host of problems. Because the current US would have to pay off all of it's foreign debt before it could be allowed to print a new form of currency. If y the US does default, it would dismantle the country, and the countries it owes the largest sums to, would be able to pick which parts they could collect in lieu of payment.

What should happen, is a complete overhaul of the system (which has it's own carnage) with the currency already in place. However, before that happens, a plan needs to be put in place to make sure every American is safe and protected during the transition. But that could take decades, if not generations.

the FRS isn't privately owned, at least not in whole. It has several private member banks to keep the FED in check, based on business, personal, and clientele interests. It's overseen by quite a few agencies that are a part of the system.

The gov owns like 13% of the FRS the privately owned banks own the rest. So your sorta right.
And yes defaulting would mean paying other countries but the other option is sticking your fingers up which may mean conflict. The U.S. just owes way too much now and the problem is it hasn't the production jobs to support a higher tax on its people to pay. It can never afford it.
The only thing I haven't decided is whether it will be conflict or a agreement between all the privitised owned banks worldwide to pool their resources on a international currency and spreading the stockholding accordingly.
There no good outcome for the people though that's for sure. The wealth devide is gonna be huge.
The problem with defaulting on a loan, is that you *CAN'T* pay other countries what you owe them. It means they collect collateral in lieu of payment. Which is much, much worse. Conflict happens, doesn't necessarily mean combat or the like - just shaky relationships for a while. And most nations, China included, would rather not lose whatever leverage they have over the US.

The US National Debt isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be, except the fear-mongers.

There is, however, a best and worst case scenario that can be seen.

Best Case: US goes into another industrial revolution, which in turns provides technological advances, skill training, and more jobs locally, by having foreign interests brought to the US for manufacturing or other services. The US is the Land of Opportunity for a reason.

Worst Case: The US defaults, forfeits it's status as a Constitutional Republic, sells off the remaining states to pay it's international debts, breaks down the FRS/FRA, private, non-centralized banks can charge w/e the *** they want again, causing mass financial panic like in the days of Andrew Jackson every other year, Seniors, newborns, etc. are left to fend for themselves (oh wait, that hasn't changed!) unemployment skyrockets to record highs, and indentured servitude becomes the norm.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-02-06 19:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, G.W.Bush was a real president? I thought it was all a well designed collective joke that involved politicians and medias worldwide.

He is very real unfortunately and signed in one of the most treasonous acts of United States history the patriot act. Do not let that title fool you there is nothing patriotic about it. I know this may sound like i'm repeating myself but never deny any source in a investigation and those indicted will face the peoples Justice by Grand Jury the highest form of law in the United States. That is why I am not part of any political party. I chose to not be because George Washington was not in a party and i respect that.

rp&r page 213 Let Freedom Reign
rp&r page 216 The Law That Never Was the 16th amendment.
rp&r page 223 The Constitutional Republic known as the USA.
rp&r page 239 Taxation without representation.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-06 19:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

BR: you actually think the US would sell it's property? really?
By Bloodrose 2015-02-06 19:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, it wouldn't. Nor do I think it would.

Those are just part of a worst case scenario.

If it was even remotely close to happening, the rest of the world would be in for an economic crisis never before heard of.

Chances are, and I would stake everything I own on it, that the best case scenario is more likely to happen.
By charlo999 2015-02-06 19:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Wrong.

The problem with defaulting on a loan, is that you *CAN'T* pay other countries what you owe them. It means they collect collateral in lieu of payment. Which is much, much worse. Conflict happens, doesn't necessarily mean combat or the like - just shaky relationships for a while. And most nations, China included, would rather not lose whatever leverage they have over the US.

The US National Debt isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be, except the fear-mongers.

There is, however, a best and worst case scenario that can be seen.

Best Case: US goes into another industrial revolution, which in turns provides technological advances, skill training, and more jobs locally, by having foreign interests brought to the US for manufacturing or other services. The US is the Land of Opportunity for a reason.

Worst Case: The US defaults, forfeits it's status as a Constitutional Republic, sells off the remaining states to pay it's international debts, breaks down the FRS/FRA, private, non-centralized banks can charge w/e the *** they want again, causing mass financial panic like in the days of Andrew Jackson every other year, Seniors, newborns, etc. are left to fend for themselves (oh wait, that hasn't changed!) unemployment skyrockets to record highs, and indentured servitude becomes the norm.

Um since when has the person in debt have to pay if they are not forced. Especially when you have the largest military in the world. This is the reason even in debt they have only increased spending in the military.
And you say the debts not 'that bad' but then both of your scenarios are extreme either way.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-06 19:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
I chose to not be because George Washington was not in a party and i respect that.
I don't think a party system could exist before him...and isn't it born during his presidency anyway?
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-02-06 19:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I chose to not be because George Washington was not in a party and i respect that.
I don't think a party system could exist before him...and isn't it born during his presidency anyway?

Ideas of party's were brought to his and the other fore fathers attention and they were strongly opposed as being easily corruptible and could further misrepresent the true power of government which belongs to the citizens of our great union.

We was founded as a Constitutional Republic and fought, 3 wars as such, our revolutionary war, the war of 1812, and the civil war. Every other war and conflict after was brought about by the manipulation of the two majority political parties known as republicans and democrats. They established a majority ruled democracy without telling the american people. Clearly democracy as you can tell loves wars.

A Constitutional Republic only thinks of its nation and its own citizens well being. It serves its nation first before outside nations and can still be a economic force internationally. A Constitutional Republic is self sufficient and produces and advances as needed and not in excess hast.

Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-06 19:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes.
By charlo999 2015-02-06 19:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

And also your best case isn't factored in the fact that you still have to pay off that Massive debt while trying to overhaul the whole country's employment in the mean time. How long do you think these countries are gonna wait for the money?
Either way there is gonna be massive civil unrest which is probably what the camps are for and increase in local enforcement hardware and firing of militry personnel questioning orders.
My advise would be to learn how to be self reliant because it's inevitable.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-06 19:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ideas of party's were brought to his and the other fore fathers attention and they were strongly opposed as being easily corruptible and could further misrepresent the true power of government which belongs to the citizens of our great union.
Tell that to John Adams (Federalist).
By Jetackuu 2015-02-06 19:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorta, the concept certainly predates the US, but the Federalists and the Democratic Replican parties were created during Washington's Presidency.

Personally I'm more of a fan of Thomas Jefferson myself.
By Bloodrose 2015-02-06 19:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
After victory had been finalized in 1783, Washington resigned as Commander-in-chief rather than seize power, proving his opposition to dictatorship and his commitment to American republicanism.

George Washington was the father of Republicanism.
By charlo999 2015-02-06 19:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Any reason your pic is 666 lordgrim? You a mason or illuminati?
By Bloodrose 2015-02-06 19:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

His avatar is actually a series of 9's forming a cloud.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-02-06 19:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Any reason your pic is 666 lordgrim? You a mason or illuminati?

No neither thats a team logo representing a cloud and the number 9, its a league of legends team i follow and support called Cloud 9. Its a game thats moving the esports scene in North America i follow it when nfl season is over and during it when my favorite team " Greenbay Packers" are not doing good.

First Page 2 3 ... 240 241 242 ... 1375 1376 1377