Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 232 233 234 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Ramyrez 2015-02-06 07:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Wait, I didn't say that....

You took the wrong quote bub!

Whoops! Fixing it, sorry. I don't know how that happened...

Also, on the bolded, you are not Wolverine! Stop saying "bub"!

Or every time you use the word "bub", you also have to use the onomatopoeia, "snikt!"

Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-06 07:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fail
By Ramyrez 2015-02-06 07:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

"Bub" appears nowhere there!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-06 07:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

Well ***, I failed.
By Ramyrez 2015-02-06 08:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Well ***, I failed.

There, there. It's okay. It happens to everyone sometimes.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-02-06 08:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Critics pounce after Obama talks Crusades, slavery at prayer breakfast

Quote:
“Humanity has been grappling with these questions throughout human history,” he told the group, speaking of the tension between the compassionate and murderous acts religion can inspire. “And lest we get on our high horse and think this is unique to some other place, remember that during the Crusades and the Inquisition, people committed terrible deeds in the name of Christ. In our home country, slavery and Jim Crow all too often was justified in the name of Christ.”

Some Republicans were outraged. “The president’s comments this morning at the prayer breakfast are the most offensive I’ve ever heard a president make in my lifetime,” said former Virginia governor Jim Gilmore (R). “He has offended every believing Christian in the United States. This goes further to the point that Mr. Obama does not believe in America or the values we all share.”

Obama tells truth, conservative Christians outraged, news at 11!

Quote:
“The president’s comments this morning at the prayer breakfast are the most offensive I’ve ever heard a president make in my lifetime,”

This specifically is patently ludicrous, given that he was certainly alive during Clinton's time in office where he questioned the meaning of the word "is" and straight-up tried to legally tapdance around the definition of sexual relations while under oath.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-02-06 08:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Conservatives act clueless and live in a pocket dimension where America did no wrong and history is to be shaped and formed to maintain status quo? *women gasp*

Color me shocked. Shocked!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-06 08:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys make this sound like a conservative only trait.....
By fonewear 2015-02-06 08:23:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bill Clinton is the greatest president since.... Bill Clinton !
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-02-06 08:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem is that conservatives push an agenda of constantly ignoring basic facts like vaccines, climate change and other statements backed by experts that cascades into an orgy of stupidity in the political arena. This is a total non-issue. It's like saying Europeans engaged in brutal colonization to obtain the Americas.

Rather than be insulted, try to absorb the facts and create a better future.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-02-06 08:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Bill Clinton is the greatest president since.... Bill Clinton !

I had a good life while he was in the White House, but because we're in the future now and we know more, I have a large distaste for Bill Clinton and his handling of the Rwanda situation.

I have a distaste for all politicians in the grand scheme, but in this particular case this shortcoming is a largely conservative trait.
By Ramyrez 2015-02-06 08:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

I don't know if there are any current politicians on the national stage capable of this.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-06 08:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if there are any current politicians on the national stage capable of this.

Hillary ! She is a woman what could possibly go wrong !
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-06 08:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem is that conservatives push an agenda of constantly ignoring basic facts like vaccines, climate change and other statements backed by experts that cascades into an orgy of stupidity in the political arena. This is a total non-issue. It's like saying Europeans engaged in brutal colonization to obtain the Americas.

There are many policies associated with the liberal spectrum that are equally stupid and counterproductive. You just do not hear them because the flavor of the decade is to bash Republicans (last decade it was to bash Democrats).

Little gems like "we have to pass the bill in order to read it" gets pushed to the side too often nowadays.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-02-06 08:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not even saying that liberals don't engage in political spin to rally a base but seriously conservatism coddles and actively encourages people to dismiss the facts for whatever reason. It's just race to the bottom stupidity that shames America and makes us look like a bunch of *** morons.

You're insulted the president mentioned Jim Crow? We should all be ashamed of that period and work towards a more meritocratic society. But naw, lets just faux outrage because *gasp* someone dropped the truth all up in here.

P.S I don't believe the Earth is round.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-06 08:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You're insulted the president mentioned Jim Crow? We should all be ashamed of that period and work towards a more meritocratic society.
You are implying that we aren't ashamed of that part of our history.

What Jim Gilmore stated that those comments about slavery did not belong in a morning prayer.

How would you like the president to go to a commencement in your college and harp about racism and slavery as a focal point in his speech where the whole point of the event is to welcome new students and wish for a good year for all students?

Because that is what he basically did, take a harmless event and turned it into a political statement.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-02-06 08:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Liberals have been pushing the anti-vaccine agenda for over a decade there, Bub. They are the ones that repeated that bad information over and over and over that some people accept it as truth. Don't pin that crap on Conservatives. And yes, they are the same idiots that listen to bad and discredited "science" about global warming as well, and repeat it so often that ignorant people accept it as reality.

To rebut your inevitable knee-jerk Rand Paul/Chris Christie comment, they are pro-vaccination, but you will probably ignore that fact as well.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-02-06 08:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

You're insulted the president mentioned Jim Crow? We should all be ashamed of that period and work towards a more meritocratic society.
You are implying that we aren't ashamed of that part of our history.

What Jim Gilmore stated that those comments about slavery did not belong in a morning prayer.

How would you like the president to go to a commencement in your college and harp about racism and slavery as a focal point in his speech where the whole point of the event is to welcome new students and wish for a good year for all students?

Because that is what he basically did, take a harmless event and turned it into a political statement.

Prayers are meant to be reflections. Reflections on very real religious issues. How exactly is reflecting on sins of the past in order to create a better tomorrow exactly off base?

The Crusades were a terrible time in history steeped in intolerance. Jim Crow was yet again another bout of intolerance corrupting the human soul. We should think about these things and root out intolerance from our hearts. You know, cause Jesus was all about forgiveness and acceptance despite the odds. Self-sacrifice above all the petty squabbles of humanity.

Cmon. If you want to be insulted I'd have had Obama open with the Muslim call to prayer then wink into the camera.
By fonewear 2015-02-06 08:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If I wanted to be insulted I'd ask Obama to dance on Ellen.

And treat the Presidency like a celebrity.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-06 08:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Prayers are meant to be reflections. Reflections on very real religious issues. How exactly is reflecting on sins of the past in order to create a better tomorrow exactly off base?
Personal reflections, not national reflections.

Topics about slavery has it's own specific forums and debates, and prayer is not it.

Cmon. If you want to be insulted I'd have had Obama open with the Muslim call to prayer then wink into the camera.
I don't give a ***what religion Obama prays for. If he wants to pray to Allah in a mosque, by all means go for it. Prays for Allah in a church, go ahead, but don't expect kind remarks from others.

Prays for Jesus anywhere? Go for it.

He can pray to Cthulhu, it doesn't matter.

I know you don't see it, because for some reason you have to justify his actions. I'm just saying that his remarks are tactless and inappropriate for the situation and event he was in at the time.
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-02-06 08:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
Wake up sheeple.

If you use the word "sheeple", you're a complete tool who I can never take seriously.

And lest you think I'm being partisan, I've written off a lot of atheists I otherwise agree with for it, too.

It's an absolutely idiotic term that someone coined on the internet years ago that has no real meaning beyond insulting people, and generally the more you insult people, the less they're going to take you seriously.

So saying, "wake up sheeple" is about the most worthless thing you could ever do for your argument ever short of saying, "c'mon, agree with me and I'll fling my feces at you!"

I'm not saying I'm above throwing a few derogatory terms at people I disagree with on the forum, because I'm not. It's a shortcoming, frankly, that comes from being frustrated and knowing people aren't going to come around to what I see as the only reasonable viewpoint.

But, as stated, that's only after I realize they're never going to come around to my way of thinking. You, on the other hand, apparently think you're still convincing people whilst insulting them.

Please, do the world a favor. Find a short pier and take a long walk off of it.

It is your opinion whither or not you take me seriously, but from my own words that your reading with your two eyes from your pc or phone, i suggest you do. You think i am insulting you, but consider me a guide dog for a flock of sheep guiding you to greener pastures,and protecting you from going astray ,and from wolves. If your so blind to not see both the republicans and democrats strongly insulting us each day they violate the Constitution, or vote to increase there wages when WE THE PEOPLE do not receive anything but more taxes. These false representatives make more then the bottom 40% of Americans. Do you even care about these things, ,or the bill of rights, or the constitution? If not you got a lot of things to worry about.

Now I find that deeply disturbing if you do not then you got a lot more things to worry about. Other then worrying about the use of the 1st amendment our fore fathers fought and died for. Or when these false representatives get grand ideas to make more foreign free trade deals that move more jobs overseas , and destroy job creation here on american soil. Those are things that are sought after, and more laws to limit our freedoms each congressional session from these treasonous parties. Yes i am asking people to wake up. I will continue to do so as long as god lets me.

If you do find those things to be troubling , my friend, there is hope and yes you can make a difference. These false representatives have done a excellent job discouraging multi millions of our citizens from ever wanting to take part in our voting process. They have done a saddening surprising job at silently overthrowing our government making us a Majority ruled Democracy, when we was founded to be a Constitutional Republic ,and it was never written in our history books about when the United States lost its government which it was founded as. I want every American Citizen who visits this website or plays this game to know that We the People will write a new chapter in history restoring our Constitutional Republic. I want the people to know that we are the majority a little over 350 million people and the ruling class for which our constitution was written to protect. I want us all to realize that Constitution was written to LIMIT government ( those we elect) to keep them in check, and honest, and always serving in OUR best interest ,and not theirs ,or big monies ect. Will you be a part in rebuilding A Better America? True change is coming in our lifetime. Never lose faith in the United States of America. God bless.

rp&r page 213 Let Freedom Reign
rp&r page 216 The Law That Never Was the 16th amendment.
rp&r page 223 The Constitutional Republic known as the USA.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-02-06 08:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

If I wanted to be insulted I'd ask Obama to dance on Ellen.

And treat the Presidency like a celebrity.

You're going to barrels of fun when Hillary wins in '16.

Also, the Presidency has always been celebrity. We're just seeing the person in office take advantage of the various platforms most viewed by the public today. I mean, are we gonna bash the President for using Reddit? Or Facebook?
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-06 08:55:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Facebook is the tool of the devil ! I think presidents should start wearing wigs again.

I just hope that Hillary is an epic failure and people turn on her.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-06 09:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

P.S I don't believe the Earth is round.
YouTube Video Placeholder
By Ramyrez 2015-02-06 09:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

but consider me a guide dog for a flock of sheep

So you think you're Jesus, awesome.

Seriously, go the *** away, you're a looney.

Even when you make a lick of sense, you follow it up with absolute thought diarrhea.

You're either the most epic troll level, as Sparth said previously, on like, Andy Kaufman's level, or you're just such a conspiracy fruitcake that you should lock yourself in a bunker and hide from everything threatening you in the world today.

I suspect the latter is closer to the truth, but even if it's the former it's still idiotic. Because Andy Kaufman wasn't nearly as funny as most people give him credit for either.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-02-06 09:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Facebook is the tool of the devil ! I think presidents should start wearing wigs again.

I just hope that Hillary is an epic failure and people turn on her.

Just as the pitchforks were sharpened and the torches lit, Hillary unleashed the power of a *** controversy that sprung forth many memes and banished the darkness. And as she ascended to the stars as an immortal legend she wept five tears that healed the struggling American economy.

Hillary Clinton: A Grandma Reborn
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-06 09:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Monica is due for another round of appearances. Bring out the dress do a little dance etc.

She is already a cyber bullying activist that is an amazing job !
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-06 09:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

You think i am insulting you, but consider me a guide dog for a flock of sheep guiding you to greener pastures,and protecting you from going astray ,and from wolves.
To continue the metaphor, you are not a guide dog, you are a lemming trying to lead other lemmings off the ledge. Sorry, we aren't going to fall for that ***.

If your so blind to not see both the republicans and democrats strongly insulting us each day they violate the Constitution, or vote to increase there wages when WE THE PEOPLE do not receive anything but more taxes.
Republicans haven't voted for a tax increase for over 2 decades. The last 2 major tax decreases happened under Republican leadership. Even the tax code decreases the tax burden to everyone each year (nominal tax burden, but real tax burden stays roughly the same).

I'm sure that you are going to say otherwise, I would love to debate tax law with you.

Other then worrying about the use of the 1st amendment our fore fathers fought and died for.
Are you saying that the 1st Amendment is in trouble?

Or when these false representatives get grand ideas to make more foreign free trade deals that move more jobs overseas , and destroy job creation here on american soil.
No, Foreign investments bring jobs here in the US. While the amount of new foreign investors have decreased, there is a significant number of jobs created from foreign investments thanks to these foreign investments.

Yes, domestic companies outsource jobs to other countries, but guess what? More foreign companies are outsourcing to the US and those jobs are being created here. We are not losing jobs due to free trade agreements, we are actually gaining jobs because of it.

These false representatives have done a excellent job discouraging multi millions of our citizens from ever wanting to take part in our voting process.
Strange, one would think that both sides are trying to get more voters to vote, instead of fewer...

I mean, there's all those "Get the vote out" type programs that happen every 2 years during an election cycle......

But if there isn't a YouTube video of it, I guess it doesn't exist to you.

They have done a saddening surprising job at silently overthrowing our government making us a Majority ruled Democracy,
Electoral College voting system says "hi."

it was never written in our history books about when the United States lost its government which it was founded as.
Maybe because we never lost it. You know, funny thing about not reporting something as being lost, maybe it never was lost....

I want every American Citizen who visits this website or plays this game to know that We the People will write a new chapter in history restoring our Constitutional Republic.
You want to start a movement or something? Going to call it Illuminati?

rp&r page 213 Lordgrim does a thing
rp&r page 216 Lordgrim doesn't understand a thing
rp&r page 221 Lordgrim asks a loaded, directed question
rp&r page 223 Lordgrim doesn't have a clue
rp&r page 228 Lordgrim pops
rp&r page 233 Lordgrim: Leader of the Illuminati
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-02-06 09:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I think if you have to go back a thousand years to pick something out then Christianity is doing alright. moveon.org Mr President.

Now by comparing modern day Muslim nations to the Christians of a thousand years ago you admit to the world that they are backwards *** cavemen in the Middle East and a large portion of them are beyond reason and should be eradicated. Do you really think you are going to talk the jihad out of people? You are willing to blow yourself up for your religion and kill as many people as you can, but please, sit. Have a cup of tea with me and let's discuss this like gentlemen.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-06 09:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

From her twitter can't make this ***up:

social activist. public speaker. contributor to vanity fair. knitter of things without sleeves.

She actually looks better now than the Clinton years.

First Page 2 3 ... 232 233 234 ... 1375 1376 1377