Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 199 200 201 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-20 11:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Now you are the one being obtuse.

if you can't see how recent history shapes current events, you have no business in the P&R section at all, other than making the right look bad.
When charlo brings up an argument regarding historical conflicts in 1980s and 1990s regards to today's kidnapping and the current president failing to back up his so-called "red line" promises, then we can have an argument on historical conflicts.

However, what you and Zero failed (either purposefully or not) to account for is that all of his arguments were about current (or near current) events, especially those involving the current president. You are creating an argument for him, nothing more.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-01-20 11:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

When charlo brings up an argument regarding historical conflicts in 1980s and 1990s regards to today's kidnapping and the current president failing to back up his so-called "red line" promises, then we can have an argument on historical conflicts.

he did:

charlo999 said: »
So they didn't retaliate with a huge ongoing air strike campaign, while they intentionally arm opposing factions on the ground?
Isn't that how Iraq and Afghanistan started.
Only this time people are more weary about sending troops because of those wars. Public support is low.
Until stuff like Paris happens.

were you just summarizing the last page for us?

However, what you and Zero failed (either purposefully or not) to account for is that all of his arguments were about current (or near current) events

I don't think that's true, but if you are just going to parrot back the last page, & make up random ***, this tangent may have run it's natural course, because I'm quickly losing interest.
[+]
By charlo999 2015-01-20 11:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ummm you brought up the president not me.

charlo999 said: »
Who in there right mind would incite the west( biggest armed forces in the world) who recently are eager to send the war machine and historically never accepts demands.
Maybe other countries, but not the US.

Obama will never start a foreign conflict, nor would he actually engage in a foreign conflict, as long as he is president.

Want proof in these statements? Syria and Russia.

I just replied that using Syria and Russia, which is really just Russia like I said. Was a bad example of your claim because it holds massive repercussions. Like I referred to the Cuban missile crisis situation. That no one in there right mind would wade into (nukes etc) unlike going to war with these middle eastern counties.
And that you are wrong because of the current situation with ISIS, where the US has waded in there with ongoing air strikes. Whilst having a history like Iraq and Afghanistan for implementing said allies turned opponents. Which is how Syrian forces got armed during the civil war there.
Iraq is an even better example of US starting something with lack of finding WoMD. Which I thought was the point of the war.(from the publics forced view)
The publics position was the one of caution following the recent Iraq Afghanistan wars. Until things like Paris happens to start changing it.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-20 11:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

"huge ongoing air strike campaign" sounds totally like what happened in 1980.

"how Iraq and Afghanistan started" sounds totally like the Kuwait War.

"Only this time people are more weary about sending troops because of those wars" pretty much describes the public support of 1990 (and not 2003).

I was going to let this drop, but you have to keep bringing it back....
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-01-20 12:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Iraq war of 2003 and the Afghan war of 2001 are in no way similar to the start of the Kuwait War/Operation Desert Storm.

If you said the annexing of Kuwait and what happened there after was similar to Czechoslovakia and Belgium in 30's you'd have something.
[+]
By Nazrious 2015-01-20 12:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Iraq war of 2003 and the Afghan war of 2001 are in no way similar to the start of the Kuwait War/Operation Desert Storm.

If you said the annexing of Kuwait and what happened there after was similar to Czechoslovakia and Belgium in 30's you'd have something.

The cause of world conflict since world war one has in part been caused by BP, yeah the oil company, BP did profit during this last war and Iraq was able to stay using the dollar for valuation.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-01-20 12:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think anyone can argue that the petrodollar hasn't been a nuisance since its implementation.
[+]
By Nazrious 2015-01-20 13:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think anyone can argue that the petrodollar hasn't been a nuisance since its implementation.

Wut? It's da bestest!.

Seriously scary how linked to wars BP and its predecessor charter/company is/were.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-20 13:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think anyone will argue that, but conspiracy theorists will come out of the woodwork anyway....
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-01-20 13:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno living in LA I loved me some ARCO. Was always the cheapest. But yeah Anglo-Persian oil company is kind of ominous in concept. Good thing they changed it to BP plc.

Little known fact they are also major players in Russia.
[+]
By Nazrious 2015-01-20 15:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno living in LA I loved me some ARCO. Was always the cheapest. But yeah Anglo-Persian oil company is kind of ominous in concept. Good thing they changed it to BP plc.

Yeah, funny how they teach, "No one really knows what spurred on world war I, just several alliances and mounting animosity." Any history course, even in college... Same "Well everybody just really hated everyone else."

No mention how all the tension was over oil, and BP (A-P as you mentioned) were the root of it all.

BP + Dole... scary ***...
 Siren.Lordgrim
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-01-21 01:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Nazrious said: »

Yeah, funny how they teach, "No one really knows what spurred on world war I, just several alliances and mounting animosity." Any history course, even in college... Same "Well everybody just really hated everyone else."

No mention how all the tension was over oil, and BP (A-P as you mentioned) were the root of it all.

BP + Dole... scary ***...

Agreed. You can even put Libya in the same context. Mainstream media refers the toppling due to the Arabian spring in the region of governments being changed and how the oil supply would be disrupted. The real reason they hide information is that in Libya Gaddafi wanted to sell oil using gold instead of u.s dollars as global reserve. Note Libya is very gold rich and the u.s has not owned gold since 1934. What gives us the right to hold no fly zones over currency trade disputes in terms of oil sale from Libya ? Free Markets are extinct with central banking warmongering.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-21 05:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think anyone will argue that, but conspiracy theorists will come out of the woodwork anyway....
Called it.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-01-21 08:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

His whole argument? He is going all over the place....

nah, Idk wtf you two were talking about prior, but all of that post made sense.

Yep, one has to be fairly obtuse or ignorant of US arms dealings in the Iraq v Iran and Russia v Afghanistan wars of the 80s.

Though I think in this case its intentionally being obtuse due to bias...which is pretty ignorant in itself.

called it * winks at KN*

let me guess Kn you disagree that the U.S use to fund gaddafi as well to ? all that " foreign aide" money we tax payers pay for.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-21 08:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Called what?

Unless, you are claiming that you are Zerowone or Mosin. Which is an insult to both of them (they are too intelligent and reasonable, as shown in their posts).

Why don't you take your *** and keep it in your "Truth" thread.
By Nazrious 2015-01-21 08:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Called it.

He said Hasn't as in Has not been, thus if can not argue it, one would agree the Petrodollar is a nuisance.

As of yet no one has claimed it was good, so nope.

Also these are not "conspiracy theories" open any real history sources and plain as day you will be able to see that oil has been the center of conflict for the past 100+ years, and agriculture. Rubber being a catalyst for french occupation of Vietnam > WW2 >French occupies again > Vietnam War.

Current events are simply links in much longer chains of events.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-01-21 08:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
His whole argument? He is going all over the place....

nah, Idk wtf you two were talking about prior, but all of that post made sense.

Yep, one has to be fairly obtuse or ignorant of US arms dealings in the Iraq v Iran and Russia v Afghanistan wars of the 80s.

Though I think in this case its intentionally being obtuse due to bias...which is pretty ignorant in itself.

called it * winks at KN*

let me guess Kn you disagree that the U.S use to fund gaddafi as well to ? all that " foreign aide" money we tax payers pay for.

won't answer the question will you ? yep keep it up, we all can tell your still sleeping.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-01-21 08:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Called it.

He said Hasn't as in Has not been, thus if can not argue it, one would agree the Petrodollar is a nuisance.

As of yet no one has claimed it was good, so nope.

Also these are not "conspiracy theories" open any real history sources and plain as day you will be able to see that oil has been the center of conflict for the past 100+ years, and agriculture. Rubber being a catalyst for french occupation of Vietnam > WW2 >French occupies again > Vietnam War.

Current events are simply links in much longer chains of events.

KN will not believe it unless there is facts and sources and everything big media and what government lets us know is used by the way,lol
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-21 08:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have peer reviewed historical papers to prove this, or just youtube videos making outlandish claims?
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-01-21 08:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I bet if america was still in the year 1776 KN would be a loyalist to the British empire. it is just a hunch the way he opposes freedom.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-01-21 08:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I bet if america was still in the year 1776 KN would be a loyalist to the British empire. it is just a hunch the way he opposes freedom.

Maybe, but to you the definition of someone who "opposes freedom" is someone who doesn't believe every conspiracy theory you spew.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-21 08:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I will not disagree with the fact that foreign aid and resources was used to fund Gaddafi and help him take Libra in 1969. But what's your point again? That we shouldn't have? I would agree with you in that case, but I was not around at that time and have no personal knowledge at events of that time (all I have is what is reported in history, but not what the situation was like). I highly doubt you were around during that time also.

Am I responsible for events that happened before I was born? Do I have to defend/attack policies from hindsight? I can choose to do so, but what really would that help when I wasn't even around at that time?

KN will not believe it unless there is facts and sources
Thank you for admitting that your ideas are not based by reality.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-21 08:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have evidence of your idea that I oppose freedom? Remember, youtube videos do not constitute as evidence.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-21 08:41:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Maybe, but to you the definition of someone who "opposes freedom" is someone who doesn't believe every conspiracy theory you spew.
I love how Lordgrim gave you a [+] for the counterargument you presented against him.

Obviously he has no clue of what he is talking about and is just a monkey typing on a typewriter hoping to create complete works of Shakespeare....
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-01-21 08:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

at least ravael agrees KN would be a torie. But everything i posted in my topic has facts backing it up, never disqualify any information in a investigation. +1 you ravael by the way
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-01-21 08:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Er, yeah, I'm thoroughly confused.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-21 08:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ravael would think I would be a loyalist of the British Empire. Which, if I was around in 1776 I might have. I really don't know, as I would have to be there to know for sure.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-01-21 08:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have evidence of your idea that I oppose freedom? Remember, youtube videos do not constitute as evidence.

yeah i do, you won't fly your own nations flag. its in one of these sites forums you mentioned.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-01-21 08:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ravael would think I would be a loyalist of the British Empire. Which, if I was around in 1776 I might have. I really don't know, as I would have to be there to know for sure.

Which explains my use of the word "maybe".
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-21 08:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

But everything i posted in my topic has facts backing it up, never disqualify any information in a investigation.
Let me ask you this then: If your videos are facts, how come historical, economical, and business scholars all disagree with you?
First Page 2 3 ... 199 200 201 ... 1375 1376 1377