Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 141 142 143 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-11-18 10:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Creepy! She looks like some of The Family that threw down at Cielo Drive.

He definitely has a type, doesn't he?

I want to watch 'Valley of the Dolls' now. :/
[+]
By volkom 2014-11-18 10:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

the P&R threads have me like:

[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-18 10:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Her parents must be proud.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-11-18 10:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-11-18 10:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

She's probably doing it to gain access to legal documents that are only available to family, in the hope that she can use them to exonerate the psychotic mass-murdering swine poor innocent sweet teddy-bear.

You know, in situations like this, having a psych evaluation should be a prerequisite to getting a marriage license.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-18 10:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

A great Yahoo article:

The 5 Types of Moms to Unfriend on Facebook

Yesterday was National Unfriend Day apparently, lol.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-11-18 10:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Annnnnnd back to Keystone!

Fun fact: all of the output from the oil sands fields that would move through keystone has been sold to China.

Economics no longer make Keystone pipeline viable - CNBC

Quote:

What if they voted for a pipeline but nobody came?

As Congress rushes to approve the long-delayed Keystone XL pipeline, it is questionable whether or not the project will make as much of a difference as proponents expect. Since June, crude oil has declined by 28 percent, pushing the price that oil from new wells in Canada may command below what the expected cost will be to produce it.

The so-called "heavy oil" extracted from sand in Alberta, which the proposed pipeline would carry to Nebraska, en route to refineries on the Gulf Coast, will cost between $85 and $110 to produce, depending on which drilling technology is used, according to a report in July by the Canadian Energy Research Institute, a nonprofit whose work is often cited by Keystone proponents. West Texas Intermediate crude oil traded today at $76.67.
The Pipeline From Hell: There’s No Good Reason to Build Keystone XL - The Daily Beast

Quote:
No lasting jobs, no cheaper gas, and a chance to kill off one-fourth of U.S. farmland and maybe the planet. Why are both parties going all out to get such a crappy deal?
Politics, not oil, are pushing the Keystone XL Pipeline - SF Gate

Quote:
The Keystone XL pipeline running from Canada to Gulf Coast refineries has long since moved from the sphere of energy to politics. In the last presidential race, Republicans used it to mock the White House’s environmental policies. Now nervous Democrats want it to save a wobbling candidate, Louisiana Sen. Mary Landrieu, facing a close runoff.

The pipeline is a stand-in for opportunism, not sensible policy. By itself, Keystone won’t create large numbers of jobs beyond a two year construction period, nor will it bring down the cost of oil.

But stopping it won’t clear the air or halt tar sands exploration in Canada, already a major source of oil for this country. Its 1,179-mile length pales next to the 185,000 miles of existing pipelines already in the ground. Both sides have pushed the measure far beyond its true impact.

And last but not least....

Obscure Nebraska Panel May Hold Sway Over Keystone XL Pipeline - Huffington Post (And surprisingly enough the least political of these articles.)

Quote:
Congress is suddenly scrambling to vote on the Keystone XL oil pipeline, but the fate of the oft-delayed $5.4 billion project could still wind up in the hands of an obscure commission in Nebraska that regulates telephones, taxi cabs and grain bins.

The Nebraska Supreme Court is expected to rule within weeks on whether the Nebraska Public Service Commission must review the pipeline before it can cross the state, one of six on the pipeline's route.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-11-18 13:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

So, with all this fracking and lower gas prices that resulted and whatnot, can the liberals on this site come to terms with the success of "drill baby drill"?

Works every time.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-11-18 13:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
So, with all this fracking and lower gas prices that resulted and whatnot, can the liberals on this site come to terms with the success of "drill baby drill"?

Works every time.
Please show me how fracking has lowered gas prices.

Something tells me you have no idea how any of this actually works and just claim success regardless.

Its kinda like global warming when someone claims that global warm is true because it's warmer today than it was yesterday or that its false because it was colder then it was yesterday. I have no idea what actually happened but I'm going to claim victory for my side regardless!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-11-18 15:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »

Works every time.

Something tells me you have no idea how any of this actually works and just claim success regardless.

Its kinda like global warming when someone claims that global warm is true because it's warmer today than it was yesterday or that its false because it was colder then it was yesterday. I have no idea what actually happened but I'm going to claim victory for my side regardless!
EIA data shows that.U.S. oil production reached 8.5 million barrels per day in July 2014, the highest monthly levels since April 1987. The agency predicts U.S. production to average 8.5 million barrels per day in 2014, and a whopping 9.3 million barrels per day in 2015 — the highest oil production levels since 1972.

Supply and demand yo!
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-11-18 16:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Works every time.

EIA data shows that.U.S. oil production reached 8.5 million barrels per day in July 2014, the highest monthly levels since April 1987. The agency predicts U.S. production to average 8.5 million barrels per day in 2014, and a whopping 9.3 million barrels per day in 2015 — the highest oil production levels since 1972.

Supply and demand yo!
The change is relatively insignificant to the total produced.
http://www.eia.gov/cfapps/ipdbproject/IEDIndex3.cfm?tid=5&pid=53&aid=1
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-11-18 16:07:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Works every time.

Supply and demand yo!
Also, the link above shows oil production as being over 9.3m barrels since 2010.
This one(again):
http://www.eia.gov/cfapps/ipdbproject/IEDIndex3.cfm?tid=5&pid=53&aid=1
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-11-18 16:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Oil fracking has had no impact on gas prices. Current gas prices have fallen entirely because Saudi Arabia pushed the cost of oil barrels down. Nausi is just delusional as per usual.

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
Keystone has been pretty controversial since day 1, but nobody seems to be able to quantify exactly what, if any, long term benefits it will have for Americans. Aside from it's construction, which will give some short-term economic boosts, how much actual commerce will it bring besides the refineries that would already be poised to expand with domestic oil production growth?

I think, until those things can be quantified beyond "it'll being some jobs", the environmental risks of pumping billions of barrels of oil across the country outweigh the theoretical benefits.

So two pages later, and still no one has offered any positives? Not surprising.

Still waiting.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-18 16:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I think nausi is confused on the whole GAS as in gasoline vs GAS as a phase of matter.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-11-18 21:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you Chanti for posting links that refute this guy bitching on Facebook about the pipeline decision using refuted talking points, so far it's shut him up rather well.

He said "I don't watch talking heads, it's ECON 101" so I told him that he probably needs to retake the class, probably at an actual school, since he went to Liberty, which as we all know: isn't a real school.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-18 21:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Thank you Chanti for posting links that refute this guy bitching on Facebook about the pipeline decision using refuted talking points, so far it's shut him up rather well.

He said "I don't watch talking heads, it's ECON 101" so I told him that he probably needs to retake the class, probably at an actual school, since he went to Liberty, which as we all know: isn't a real school.

Granted, Liberty University isn't an accredited university, but it's still real...
By Jetackuu 2014-11-18 21:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Granted, Liberty University isn't an accredited university, but it's still real...

As much of a douche he is, I still find this to be about how I feel about Liberty:

YouTube Video Placeholder

starting at about 2 minutes in.

aka it's about as real as the 7-11's that serve food are restaurants, but I digress.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-18 22:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I just meant, the buildings exist. It's not like it's an internet scam or mail-order joke degree. People have to go there, take classes, pass tests, etc. The material is ***, the degree is worthless, and they graduate some of the most deluded and misinformed saps ever to drag their knuckles across the ground, but it's still a real place.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-18 22:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I just meant, the buildings exist. It's not like it's an internet scam or mail-order joke degree. People have to go there, take classes, pass tests, etc. The material is ***, the degree is worthless, and they graduate some of the most deluded and misinformed saps ever to drag their knuckles across the ground, but it's still a real place.

I understand that, I know people that have gone there, and it's not too terribly far from here (unfortunately).

I was more attesting to the rest.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-18 22:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I know, I was just pushing your buttons. It's been terribly dull lately.

Want to have a gun debate?
By Jetackuu 2014-11-18 22:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I know, I was just pushing your buttons. It's been terribly dull lately.
If I weren't so lazy I'd copy and paste this ***, it's hysterical.

"My education is better than yours, life, job, blahblahblah"

Like dude: you were homeschooled by your religious nut mother, brainwashed on religious garbage your whole life, and went to Liberty...

I have more respect for a guy who guys to clown college.

The guy mows lawns for a living (and is looking for more work, as he isn't making enough), but is nowhere near as cool as Burt when doing it (Raising Hope reference).

Then he says something about my child being born out of wedlock, and I told him that he can go *** himself with his outdated views of legitimacy. I wasn't even making it personal, but damn...

Oh also the crack about "if it's foreign exports and a foreign company then there's no risk to the US" line, which is just pure stupidity.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-18 22:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure, which one do you want to get?

I'm thinking about a 12 gauge for my next purchase, to bring out the white country boy in me.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-11-18 22:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Then again, I could always go for a Gundam!
By Enuyasha 2014-11-18 22:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm thinking about a 12 gauge for my next purchase, to bring out the white country boy in me.

But y not uzi for dear hunting? :(

Would work much better...well, depending on which white country boy you're trying to invoke.

Im sure theres a personality quiz on Facebook that will tell you which one you are that'll make the decision easier!
By Jetackuu 2014-11-18 22:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »

Would work much better...well, depending on which white country boy you're trying to invoke.

Im sure theres a personality quiz on Facebook that will tell you which one you are that'll make the decision easier!
While part of me wishes deer to be extinct, I don't really want to do it myself, as disgusting as I find them, I'm not much of a killer, and I'm not fond of hunting.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-11-18 23:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »

Looking for that perfect 12 gauge + uzi mix?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-11-18 23:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll take 2.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-11-18 23:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll take 2.

Mounted of coarse!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-11-18 23:37:18