Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1347 1348 1349 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Ramyrez 2016-03-16 09:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Drama Torama said: »
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Hi, Canada.

Really, really, really eastern Canada.

Just like, so far East Canada.

Rome, Canada.

Edit: There's a really easy joke about Americans' feeble understanding of geography here, but I'm not going for the low-hanging fruit today.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-16 09:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Electing Trump is like drinking MD 20/20 out of a paper bag whilst staring longingly into the window of a five-star restaurant, telling yourself that tomorrow will be better if you just look in the window and get inspired.

it worked for obama
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-03-16 09:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Electing Trump is like drinking MD 20/20 out of a paper bag whilst staring longingly into the window of a five-star restaurant, telling yourself that tomorrow will be better if you just look in the window and get inspired.

it worked for obama

After 8 years of Obama, you're going to wish you had another 4 of him after a Trump administration.

You'll long for the days of Carter and Dubya like a thirst starved man would squeeze elephant turds for a sip of water.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-03-16 09:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

it worked for obama

Nah, Obama was more the glimmer of hope at a homeless guy seeing a $10 bill on the ground thinking he's lucky and maybe he won't go hungry today, then he picks the $10 bill up only to find it's stuck to the ground with dog ***and then he hears a group of rich frat boys snickering from the other side of the street.

For the record, in case it wasn't heavy-handed and clear enough, Republican Congress is the dog ***in that analogy.
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-03-16 09:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Honest question for our right-leaning friends.

If you had to pick a democratic president until 2020, which do you pick?

A) Four more years of Obama (piss off, 22nd amendment)
B) Hillary
C) Bernie
D) Zombie Bill Clinton

And why do you pick them?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-16 09:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Imma sway opinions by reminding everyone that Hillary Clinton would bring us the long awaited alien disclosure!

Don't forget this important aspect!
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-16 09:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
You'll long for the days of Dubya

perhaps you have failed to notice... but rich people have made out like the universe's luckiest bandits the last seventy years...

I'm thinking about buying a cape and calling myself a robber baron...again....riding around on a horse and whipping people in the back that aren't working fast enough
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-03-16 10:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

perhaps you have failed to notice... but rich people have made out like the universe's luckiest bandits the last seventy years...

I'm thinking about buying a cape and calling myself a robber baron...again....riding around on a horse and whipping people in the back that aren't working fast enough

Yeah, Nik. It's sort of amusing to me honestly. The Clinton years were *** money (literally) too.

I don't know what they're whining about.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-03-16 10:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lucky for you, the conservatives voting for Trump would love to kneel and worship a robber baron king. Maybe you'll trickle down a few goldpieces on them. That's their fetish.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-03-16 10:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

If you look at Trump's political affiliation, it's all over the place; Trump is what's convenient for Trump. What he doesn't have is political history, a vote for Trump is a gamble. I don't believe Trump is a Republican, he's whatever is convenient and will likewise do and say whatever is convenient.
[+]
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2016-03-16 10:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The Clinton years were *** money (literally) too.

The economic boom of Clinton's presidency was the first tech/internet boom; he doesn't really get to take credit for that, unless you're giving it to him for Al Gore being his VP.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-16 10:03:46
Link | Quote | Reply

B) Hillary
C) Bernie
D) Zombie Bill Clinton

TP would write in cruz (see nausi's earlier post)
CC wouldn't vote at all
kooks like me would vote libertarian
The GOP elite would sit on their hands and let hillary win.

bernie can't win for the same reason cruz can't, no money
obama has had it with the *** he wouldn't run
billy isn't allowed, his wife won't let him
By Ramyrez 2016-03-16 10:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The economic boom of Clinton's presidency was the first tech/internet boom; he doesn't really get to take credit for that, unless you're giving it to him for Al Gore being his VP.

Rooks.

Stop taking a measured, logical view of things.

That is not the way politics works. Correlation equals causation here.

BRING BACK BIG WILLY.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-03-16 10:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

billy isn't allowed, his wife won't let him

*See my previous post about doughnuts and ***.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-03-16 10:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
If you look at Trump's political affiliation, it's all over the place; Trump is what's convenient for Trump. What he doesn't have is political history, a vote for Trump is a gamble. I don't believe Trump is a Republican, he's whatever is convenient and will likewise do and say whatever is convenient.

He's alot like Bloomberg. It's all about him first, political alignments second. Trump is a showman and whatever gets the ratings - or in this case, votes - is what he'll align himself with. When the smoke settles however, Trumps ego is the most dangerous thing to have in high office. He's less Hitler, more Putin than anything else. A guy who wants to be something in the image of the public at all costs. A guy who leads thinking of himself rather than anyone else.

Right now, conservative anger is the most powerful source of energy to make his own and so Trump made it his.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-03-16 10:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

B) Hillary
C) Bernie
D) Zombie Bill Clinton

1) Joe Manchin
2) Jim Webb

Bernie any day over Hillary. At least he is real. Hillary Clinton is bought and paid for.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-03-16 10:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Look, when your VP was in the basement of the White House armed with a blacksmiths hammer and some circuit boards cranking out the Internet, you get to take credit.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-03-16 10:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

B) Hillary
C) Bernie
D) Zombie Bill Clinton

If I were to answer an opposing question, my answer would be Kasich. Cruz strikes me as too religious, to a point that's detrimental to a person in charge. Kasich simply isn't Cruz. If Rubio were still in; Rubio just doesn't seem ready to be President.
By Ramyrez 2016-03-16 10:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

He's less Hitler, more Putin than anything else.

Very accurate, especially given that the man has verbally blown Putin in public already.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-03-16 10:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So you would prefer a rigid ideologue and gridlock?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-03-16 10:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Look, when your VP was in the basement of the White House armed with a blacksmiths hammer and some circuit boards cranking out the Internet, you get to take credit.

Never miss an opportunity.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-16 10:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Hillary Clinton is bought and paid for.
Can still bid higher.
By Ramyrez 2016-03-16 10:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you prefer to pay a mortgage on a nice house or live in a dilapidated shack that you own?
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2016-03-16 10:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Gridlock is like limited government, kinda, so sure
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-03-16 10:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Limited government: Or how I managed to convince people to elect me as I take record vacation days and get paid to do nothing.

Work hard everyone, it's the American way. Now watch this drive!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-03-16 10:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

So as things are shaping up, Clinton will be the Democratic nomninee and ideologue she is not. Certainly, you wouldn't oppose a Clinton administration, would you?
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-03-16 10:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

He's alot like Bloomberg. It's all about him first, political alignments second. Trump is a showman and whatever gets the ratings - or in this case, votes - is what he'll align himself with. When the smoke settles however, Trumps ego is the most dangerous thing to have in high office. He's less Hitler, more Putin than anything else. A guy who wants to be something in the image of the public at all costs. A guy who leads thinking of himself rather than anyone else.

Right now, conservative anger is the most powerful source of energy to make his own and so Trump made it his.
I'd rather take my chances with Trump than Bloomberg. I don't need soda and have cut back recently but I'll be damned if I'll be prohibited from drinking it in large quantities if I choose to.

EDIT: Also, I like my earbuds at max volume.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-03-16 10:14:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I still say the GOP missed the boat with Tom Ridge. They really should have convinced him to go further.

But that could just be the Pennslyvanian in me talking.

Speaking of state loyalty.

Remember when Rick Perry was a thing? How bad does the GOP wish he hadn't *** up right now? (Whether or not you agree that what he did was wrong, it was verifiably against the law and too much bad press.)

Even I would have been forced to consider that ***-eating grin of his if it came down to him and Hillary.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-16 10:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd rather take my chances with Trump

a few more of these and he has the election in the bag!!
[+]
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2016-03-16 10:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Even I would have been forced to consider that ***-eating grin of his if it came down to him and Hillary.

Wait, what? Perry is Cruz with slightly better people skills. His policy ideas are copy and paste, though in a slightly smaller font.
First Page 2 3 ... 1347 1348 1349 ... 1375 1376 1377