Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1346 1347 1348 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-16 09:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Obama is about to nominate a Supreme Court Justice.

Awwwww that's cute.

He still thinks people give a crap about what he does.
How's your president Rubio coming along?
By Ramyrez 2016-03-16 09:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Anyone with common sense has been nervous since Hillary declared her intentions for POTUS back in 08

True, but I thought we were simply talking about the GOP side of things.

I actually agree with you here. Never wanted her anywhere closer to the presidency than she already was back in the 90s.

She is shady as ***. No two ways about it.

Edit: Something, something, jokes back in the day about how she was actually already running the country, something, something, jokes about term limits and she's not eligible to be president since she already more or less was.

"Here, Bill. Have another doughnut and a high-priced *** and let Hillary take care of big boy business."
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-16 09:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Trump signed that thing where he pledged to not run as third. Can he just ignore that? I mean sure he would, but can he actually?

yes. and if he feels like he got robbed he probably would out of spite.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-16 09:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Drama Torama said: »
Kasich's stated plan is to try and force a brokered convention

yeah but will they (super pacs)fork over the money that would be needed to pull it off?

there are a lot of once bitten twice shy billionaires out there wondering if it's worth it to throw more money at losers... or just buy off hillary and punt until 2020
[+]
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-03-16 09:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Trump signed that thing where he pledged to not run as third. Can he just ignore that? I mean sure he would, but can he actually?

yes. and if he feels like he got robbed he probably would out of spite.

I could just as easily see him doing the math and going the other way, talking about how "he does what's right" and "upholds his commitments", taking the high road - in preparation for Trump 2020, when odds are his base will be poorer and angrier than ever, and be able to say "If only we'd elected him four years ago..."

He'd be 73 for that election, though.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-16 09:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
we were simply talking about the GOP side of things.

hillary needs her campaign to appear as if she won after a hotly contested come from behind win (bill clinton comeback kid style)

they will probably play that tune all week in the hopes democrats are stupid enough to believe bernie ever had a chance....
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2016-03-16 09:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Kasich's stated plan is to try and force a brokered convention

yeah but will they (super pacs)fork over the money that would be needed to pull it off?

there are a lot of once bitten twice shy billionaires out there wondering if it's worth it to throw more money at losers... or just buy off hillary and punt until 2020

I have to assume that he's gotten some closed-door assurances from those types; otherwise there is literally no reason to stay in. Winning Ohio - a notoriously important state for EC purposes - was his way of saying "I can win when it counts, and I'm not nearly as crazy as those two. I am your best hope, GOP establishment".
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-03-16 09:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Obama is about to nominate a Supreme Court Justice.

Awwwww that's cute.

He still thinks people give a crap about what he does.
How's your president Rubio coming along?

He blew it. He spent too much time talking about how great America was and didn't speak to the millions of people that work hard or want to work hard and feel like they are getting screwed and cannot get ahead with a government too happy to do nothing about it. Trump and Bernie both tapped into that. Unfortunately for Bernie, that election was rigged a long time ago.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-16 09:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not nearly as crazy as those two. I am your best hope, GOP establishment".

but throwing the election is a lot cheaper and less divisive.

if trump wins the nomination but loses in the general (with the help of the gop not supporting him at all / shadowy ninja strikes in the back care of FOX News) then the current gop establishment gets the party reigns back

if they spend a trillion dollars on kasich and only end up forcing trump to run as a third party. they still retain power but badly weaken the party

if trump or cruz wins the general they get hazed like freshman fraternity pledges and then cast out like a pack of lepers
By Ramyrez 2016-03-16 09:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately for Bernie, that election was rigged a long time ago.

Certainly feels that way.

I greatly dislike choosing the lesser of two evils but that's what we're staring right down the barrel of at this point. And make no mistake. Once Bernie is down, all that's left is most certainly evil.

At worst, Bernie is a hopeless idealist who doesn't see the realities of his proposals.

At best, Hillary is a known liar who doesn't capsize the ship and we otherwise just have four-to-eight more years of divided, rhetoric-vomiting politics.

At best, Trump doesn't launch any nuclear weapons and we spend the next two decades after his presidency apologizing to the rest of the world for ejaculating "TRUMP" on every landmark across the globe.

At best, Cruz...well, at best, Cruz dies of dysentery because he refused to go to a doctor because God would save him. I've got nothing. Trump is a vile human being, but he's still a human being. Cruz is runny cat ***on top of a hot griddle.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-03-16 09:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course he can. It has no legal force.
[+]
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2016-03-16 09:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

if trump or cruz wins the general

Cruz in the general seems increasingly unlikely.

There are 1,138 remaining delegates in the GOP field. Cruz would need to get 841 of them to win the nomination outright, and that's an incredibly tall order.

I can't imagine he emerges triumphant from a brokered convention. Their options are going to be Trump (if they want to respect the voting) or Kasich (if they don't care about that).

Could happen, but at this point he's Rubio from three weeks ago; he needs to win big and often, and that still might not be enough.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-03-16 09:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I suspect and fervently hope you're right, Rooks.

Trump as president would be an embarrassment to our country, but at least we'd have to take a long, hard look in the mirror.

But Cruz as president would be an actual tragedy.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-16 09:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure if Cruz was by some chance elected you would see the 4 horsemen riding in the sky.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-03-16 09:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It amazes me still that Bernie supporters are too stubborn and blind to see that Trump is their #2 pick, all day. On probably 85% of their platforms they are essentially the same. The outliers you can basically ignore because they are not legitimate policies that would ever be enacted into law anyway.

People get so hung up on after the Paris attacks by a Syrian refugee, Trump called for a temporary ban on Muslim immigrants from the Middle East. So what. It would never be legal. Wouldn't happen. Bernie's 90% tax rate is a non-starter. Ignore it. You watch a Bernie Sanders commercial and it sounds like a Trump commercial.

Bernie debate after debate said the #1 issue challenging America is money in politics and special interests controlling politicians. Well here you have a candidate busting through the grip of a major party that is self-funding and will owe absolutely nothing to any special interest. No lobbyist owed a thing. Bernie by the way thus far has spent over 95 million dollars+ this Primary and Trump only 25 million.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-16 09:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cruz in the general seems increasingly unlikely.

right, I only mention him because if he somehow won the nomination the gop wouldn't back him either and they would throw the election to hillary and regroup for 2020.

they sacrificed mittens in 2012, retained control and showed up strong in 2014.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-03-16 09:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want a Metallica song befitting Cruz, I'd prefer this one.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-16 09:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

It amazes me still that Bernie supporters are too stubborn and blind to see that Trump is their #2 pick, all day. On probably 85% of their platforms they are essentially the same. The outliers you can basically ignore because they are not legitimate policies that would ever be enacted into law anyway.

People get so hung up on after the Paris attacks by a Syrian refugee, Trump called for a temporary ban on Muslim immigrants from the Middle East. So what. It would never be legal. Wouldn't happen. Bernie's 90% tax rate is a non-starter. Ignore it. You watch a Bernie Sanders commercial and it sounds like a Trump commercial.

Bernie debate after debate said the #1 issue challenging America is money in politics and special interests controlling politicians. Well here you have a candidate busting through the grip of a major party that is self-funding and will owe absolutely nothing to any special interest. No lobbyist owed a thing. Bernie by the way thus far has spent over 95 million dollars+ this Primary and Trump only 25 million.
More fantasy talk.
They only agree on the political process.
Not on social issues, not on foreign policies, not on economy, not on education, not on energy plans, only gods know about healthcare considering Trump doesn't know yet himself.
At least Sanders, whether you agree with his policies or not, is a real person who knows what he's doing, unlike Trump.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-03-16 09:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

There is chatter of selecting Ryan in a brokered convention. Enough that these articles are out today:

Paul Ryan spokeswoman: Ryan will not accept a GOP nomination for president

CNBC (Earlier titled Paul Ryan won't categorically rule out accepting GOP nomination)

Boehner backs Paul Ryan for president
Politico
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-03-16 09:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump is really only taken seriously by crazy people who are impressed by ***talk. You know that fat bully everyone knew in school who used '***' every other word because he low intelligence and consistently used profanity as a verbal crutch? That's your typical Trump supporter.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-03-16 09:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
I suspect and fervently hope you're right, Rooks.

Trump as president would be an embarrassment to our country, but at least we'd have to take a long, hard look in the mirror.

But Cruz as president would be an actual tragedy.

This is a major problem with liberals. All they care about is what other Countries, which means Europe, think about us. They fail to realize how badly we are already laughed at by the World powers that actually matter under the weak, pathetic President that we have had for the last 7 years and the real consequences around the World.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-16 09:41:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure if Cruz was by some chance elected you would see the 4 horsemen riding in the sky.

it can't happen. republicans can't win in the general without absolute support from their base and a weak democratic candidate (one that doesn't activate the base to vote)

we're (republicans) completely outnumbered. yet have won 5/9 elections because of sloth and apathy
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-03-16 09:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a major problem with liberals. All they care about is what other Countries, which means Europe, think about us. They fail to realize how badly we are already laughed at by the World powers that actually matter under the weak, pathetic President that we have had for the last 7 years and the real consequences around the World.
This is false.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-03-16 09:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »

Trump is really only taken seriously by crazy people who are impressed by ***talk. You know that fat bully everyone knew in school who used '***' every other word because he low intelligence and consistently used profanity as a verbal crutch? That's your typical Trump supporter.

It is this dismissive attitude that will allow Trump to easily breeze into the White House.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-03-16 09:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

This is false.

Speaking of opinions that don't matter. Hi, Canada.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-03-16 09:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »

It is this dismissive attitude that will allow Trump to easily breeze into the White House.
Man, like, y'know. *** whatever.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-03-16 09:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Where's that gif of Bender laughing?
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-16 09:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Where's that gif of Bender laughing?

I wouldn't recommend using it until after november.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-03-16 09:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a major problem with liberals. All they care about is what other Countries, which means Europe, think about us.

Actually, when it comes to Trump, it's more about self-respect.

Electing Trump is like drinking MD 20/20 out of a paper bag whilst staring longingly into the window of a five-star restaurant, telling yourself that tomorrow will be better if you just look in the window and get inspired.
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2016-03-16 09:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi, Canada.

Really, really, really eastern Canada.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 1346 1347 1348 ... 1375 1376 1377